Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bape Culture posted:

Fuckin come on Christian lad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

szary posted:

holy poo poo thank god

oh my god i hope he's okay

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie posted:

I think the issue here is that there are two very different reasons why you may not need sirens.

Yes, my attempted point was that their absence didn't necessarily mean anything.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Grimson posted:

He looks to be alive.

🙏🙏

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Thank gently caress for that picture. Really needed some good news

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i hope he's okay.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Bape Culture posted:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Grimson posted:

He looks to be alive.

oh good, hugely relieving

Lemon
May 22, 2003

at least he looks awake thank gently caress

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope they can work out what the gently caress just happened.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bape Culture posted:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TSN just showing Wales again haha

But thank good for that picture

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Jfc

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I'm done with football for the day

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Grimson posted:

He looks to be alive.

On one hand great, on the other just lol at the idea some photographer made sure to get around the barriers they put up to shield him so they could snap a shot of potentially-dead Christian Eriksen

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Never been more glad to work during a tourney group stage day

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Grimson posted:

He looks to be alive.

In UEFA 2020 there are no winners, only survivors. Godspeed and heal well, that was tormenting to watch live.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
If he's awake and out of danger they probably won't cancel the next game, which would be shameful but expected given everything about this situation so far

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

goatface posted:

I hope they can work out what the gently caress just happened.

Like I mentioned earlier this is really similar to Jiri Fischer in Detroit.

quote:

During a game on November 21, 2005, against the Nashville Predators, Fischer collapsed on the bench after going into cardiac arrest. After being unconscious for six minutes, Fischer was resuscitated by CPR and by an automated external defibrillator by Dr. Tony Colucci,[1] and was taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital.

Fischer was released from the hospital on November 23, 2005. Although the exact cause of Fischer’s collapse remained unknown, team physician Tony Colucci indicated that Fischer’s heart may have experienced either ventricular tachycardia, a type of racing heartbeat, or ventricular fibrillation, a disorganized cardiac rhythm.[2] Doctors ordered Fischer to avoid all physical activity for four to six weeks, and no prognosis was made on whether he would be able to continue his ice hockey career. Fischer continued to suffer heart trouble after the in-game incident. On November 28, Fischer suffered a “brief, abnormal cardiac rhythm”, while at his home in Detroit. He was released from the hospital two days later.
Jiri never played professional hockey again.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

this is absolutely baseless speculation but the way that he went down and then the look on his face in that picture are both exactly the same as when an old boss of mine had his first epileptic fit out of nowhere, and he made a full recovery so

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I thought he was dead for sure, drat good news

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

If he's awake and out of danger they probably won't cancel the next game, which would be shameful but expected given everything about this situation so far

honestly i dont think the next game wouldve been cancelled either way

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lemon posted:

this is absolutely baseless speculation but the way that he went down and then the look on his face in that picture are both exactly the same as when an old boss of mine had his first epileptic fit out of nowhere, and he made a full recovery so

*Usually* doesn’t require CPR

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

*Usually* doesn’t require CPR

true! I'm probably just trying to find a hopeful angle

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Delayed till 19:45

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zero One posted:

Like I mentioned earlier this is really similar to Jiri Fischer in Detroit.

Jiri never played professional hockey again.

I immediately thought of this as well.

Scary poo poo. Be well Danish lad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Yeah I had epilepsy as a kid and never heard of anyone who needed CPR or similar, would have to be extremely severe for that

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hegay posted:

Should cancel the drat thing but I’m not surprised. At least they delayed it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Maybe players shouldn't play 50-60 matches per year and there should be a blood passport and more surprise checks for PEDs and recreational drugs

I'm not accusing Eriksen btw but playing against doped players also is very dangerous

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
It's a real shame that I'll never see Eriksen play a professional football game again (99.9% sure anyway), I've always rooted for him. But if he can get out of this with his life and health then I'll gladly suffer that loss. Crossing my fingers.

Ovenmaster fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 12, 2021

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Ugh, way too young for this poo poo. Hug your families. Send up a good thought for your missing folks. It could all be over just like that

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

More info at 19:45. Nothing about whether the match will resume. He's in hospital it was said by the stadium speaker.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Hegay posted:

What is delayed? This Denmark - Finland game?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

PederP posted:

More info at 19:45. Nothing about whether the match will resume. He's in hospital it was said by the stadium speaker.

lol no way they resume the match today

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Gigi Galli posted:

Should cancel the drat thing but I’m not surprised. At least they delayed it.

Maybe... hopefully..that is a good sign for his condition.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Surely there’s no chance they try and play this game today?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/uefa/status/1403765507682193409?s=21

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

UEFA website posted:

Following the medical emergency involving Denmark’s player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials and further information will be communicated at 19:45 CET. The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/euro2020/status/1403765710174687242?s=10