Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Smirr posted:

What is delayed? This Denmark - Finland game?

Yeah, the game was suspended, not cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/UEFA/status/1403765507682193409

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Thank gently caress

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lemon posted:

this is absolutely baseless speculation but the way that he went down and then the look on his face in that picture are both exactly the same as when an old boss of mine had his first epileptic fit out of nowhere, and he made a full recovery so

No that's what a hypoxic brain looks like.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Butterfly Valley posted:

Thank gently caress

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only positive that can be gleaned from this is, maybe this was an inevitable thing for him and thank God it happened somewhere there were a ton of medics on hand and able to react to it instantly. As horrifying as it being broadcast live globally is, it might be the difference between life and death.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/UEFA/status/1403765507682193409

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

How in the gently caress did they say that he was alive and stable last?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

The only positive that can be gleaned from this is, maybe this was an inevitable thing for him and thank God it happened somewhere there were a ton of medics on hand and able to react to it instantly. As horrifying as it being broadcast live globally is, it might be the difference between life and death.
if it’s between that and a training session, im pretty sure there’s more medical staff on hand for a big match

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

That’s some good news

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

thank gently caress Eriksen

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

blue footed boobie posted:

because that's less important to uefa

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Man, I hope they'll play it tomorrow or something and not try and force it tonight

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

They had to delete the Heineken plug to fit that in

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

”the super league tweet would have had the players wellbeing up front” - perez

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’m glad all of my posting pals were here to get us through this incredibly difficult moment.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
gently caress it's brilliant that he's survived. I was so sure he was dead. My daughter was watching that. loving hell.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

jesus WEP posted:

if it’s between that and a training session, im pretty sure there’s more medical staff on hand for a big match

Yeah, or even just being home alone and working out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

jesus WEP posted:

I mean something could have happened to him home alone with no help. If it was going to happen this was the best place.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

TSN reporting he's in hospital and has been stabilized.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Lemon posted:

this is absolutely basless speculation but the way that he went down and then the look on his face in that picture are both exactly the same as when an old boss of mine had his first epileptic fit out of nowhere, and he made a full recovery so

Not a doctor, just first aid training, but I don't think you need to resuscitate an epileptic. Unless they had an epileptic seizure and a heart attack, which would be pretty severe coincidence. Both epileptic seizure and resuscitation are really rough on the body so you will look like poo poo either way, can't tell much from looks. But at least he regained consciousness unless the crew put ping pong balls with dots on his face to fool cameras.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

the guys on that twitter account and even the UEFA fuckers are shocked too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Zero One posted:

I mean something could have happened to him home alone with no help. If it was going to happen this was the best place.
yeah for sure im just assuming it was a thing that was more likely gonna happen when his heart’s under load

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

No that's what a hypoxic brain looks like.

They were using paddles, it looks a like arrhythmia. It can short circuit the brain , with ragdoll effects.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

EL BROMANCE posted:

I was thinking this - it wasn’t too long ago that Fiorentina’s then captain Davide Astori died during the night before a league match from an undiagnosed (I think) heart condition.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Zero One posted:

It could have but more than likely it wouldn't have if he hadn't been exerting himself.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

well it's clear to me now why I have been barred from practising medicine in multiple counties but really glad the lad is ok

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

god I'm still hosed up from this even with the good news

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
That’s great to hear

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Collateral posted:

They were using paddles, it looks a like arrhythmia. It can short circuit the brain , with ragdoll effects.

You're aware that Loving Africa Chaps is an actual doctor, yes?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps is the official TRP doctor.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Collateral posted:

Thank you for explaining this to me, a consultant anaesthetist.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Do Denmark get a free substitution or will this count as one of their stoppages?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
https://twitter.com/DBUfodbold/status/1403766834655080449

danish fa saying he's awake

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

On one hand great, on the other just lol at the idea some photographer made sure to get around the barriers they put up to shield him so they could snap a shot of potentially-dead Christian Eriksen

The photographers at games at this level are placed in sections they usually can't move out of, so he just happened to be in the "right" place for that photo. And the photographer in question was working for AFP so he's simply shooting everything that comes his way and letting the photo editors back at the office pick what photos they push out to the press and the world at large.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hegay posted:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Danish FA just announced that Eriksen is awake

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBUfodbold/status/1403766834655080449

Basically he's awake and further tests being done

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Hegay posted:

Which is why we’re all fat incels.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

England cancelled their press conference. Good. The media vultures can gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

glad for the lad, good on ya Christian