Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This is cool

https://twitter.com/philipoconnor/status/1403769850770726919?s=20

https://twitter.com/KaskimiesKimmo/status/1403771507197853703?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Also this is a good reminder to learn how to do CPR, learn how to use an AED and where your nearest public one is. Early CPR and defibrillation is absolutely crucial in cardiac arrest.

I have first aid training and I pray I never have to use it

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

African AIDS cum posted:

Maybe players shouldn't play 50-60 matches per year and there should be a blood passport and more surprise checks for PEDs and recreational drugs

I'm not accusing Eriksen btw but playing against doped players also is very dangerous

Not saying those aren't valid points, obviously they are. But he didn't play much this season at all at least. 1693 minutes for Inter across all tournaments, and a few international matches for Denmark.

conte training though

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Woodenlung posted:

Not saying those aren't valid points, obviously they are. But he didn't play much this season at all at least. 1693 minutes for Inter across all tournaments, and a few international matches for Denmark.

conte training though

He didn’t play that much in the first half of the season but he was a regular starter after Christmas. So not that much in total, but he’s been playing a lot lately.

And yeah the training methods probably don’t help.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Team leader for the Danish national team just entered the side lines and spoke with some important dude, crisis meeting is over so we'll know what's up soon

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Danish Captain Simon Kjær made sure Eriksen didn’t swallow his tongue

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

MakaVillian posted:

A good captain

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MakaVillian posted:

Kjaer is the greatest.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
dutch national tv just spoke to eriksen's dutch agent, who said that eriksen's father let the agent know that eriksen was able to speak

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

He didn’t play that much in the first half of the season but he was a regular starter after Christmas. So not that much in total, but he’s been playing a lot lately.

And yeah the training methods probably don’t help.

what does conte do on trainings exactly? Just dopes players to the gills or what

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

dex_sda posted:

what does conte do on trainings exactly? Just dopes players to the gills or what

Run until you fall down basically. Notoriously physical training sessions.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Isn’t swallowing your tongue a myth? I thought I read somewhere that people jamming their hands into unconscious people’s mouths more often make things worse

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Also this is a good reminder to learn how to do CPR, learn how to use an AED and where your nearest public one is. Early CPR and defibrillation is absolutely crucial in cardiac arrest.

Denmark has a cool system for this where emergency dispatchers can alert volunteers in the area around a suspected heart attack patient and get them in doing chest compressions and what not before the ambulance arrives.

quote:

In Denmark, the smartphone Heartrunner community first responder app allows dispatchers from the national health emergency number 112 nationwide to contact up to 20 volunteers within a 1.1 mile radius from the scene of a cardiac arrest. The dispatcher will alert ambulance services, and may guide the person who called in to commence CPR until volunteers arrive.

“Can you run?” the app asks and volunteers responding “yes” are either first directed to the address shown on the screen or to the nearest available AED and then the scene.

Of the more than 100,000 registered Danish volunteers, 75 percent do not have a professional background in health care, surveys show. But that doesn’t matter, said Freddy Lippert, director of Copenhagen Emergency Medical Services, the first service to integrate the heart runner app in its services emergency response and invite ordinary citizens to download it in 2017.

[...]

In Denmark, civilians respond faster than professionals to more than 4 in 10 cardiac arrests out of hospitals, data from the Danish Cardiac Arrest Registry show.

How this all works was clear on a recent Sunday evening, when the fast response of neighbors activated by the Heartrunner app probably saved Erik Harry Kaxe, 81, when his heart stopped beating in his home on the outskirts of Hedensted, a small town in western Denmark. Within minutes, 10 strangers living nearby had arrived to his rescue — well before the ambulance arrived 17 minutes after the call.

Hannelene Kortegaard, a social and health-care assistant, and her husband, a truck driver, had just finished dinner when the loud alarm sounded from their Heartrunner app.

As they drove to Kaxe’s address, shown on the app’s screen, an emergency services operator was dispatching the ambulance and guiding Kaxe’s wife to perform CPR.

Several other volunteers notified by the app arrived along with the Kortegaards, carrying multiple AED’s. Kortegaard performed CPR, she said, while another volunteer prepared a defibrillator. With plenty of volunteers available, it was “a hectic atmosphere,” Kortegaard said, but it meant they could do more than just CPR.

Having responded to similar calls in the past, she was comfortable to lead the small army of volunteers and directed some to wait by the main road to guide the ambulance to the house. Others cleared furniture to make room for the stretcher and helped Kaxe’s distressed wife call their daughter. They also helped move Mopse, the dog, out of the way to the bathroom — with a bowl of water, too.

When the ambulance arrived, Kaxe was breathing. He survived the ordeal and is now rehabilitating at home. “Dying wasn’t difficult, but waking up is,” he said in a recent phone interview.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Gigi Galli posted:

You don’t have to know that Loving Africa Chaps is a doctor but he is a doctor.

But is he a doctor doctor?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Vegetable posted:

Isn’t swallowing your tongue a myth? I thought I read somewhere that people jamming their hands into unconscious people’s mouths more often make things worse

Idk, let's wait for Collateral to tell us

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

dex_sda posted:

Vitamin boosts

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Run until you fall down basically. Notoriously physical training sessions.

sustainable & healthy

Hegay posted:

Vitamin boosts

they're called restoratives

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Butterfly Valley posted:

Idk, let's wait for Collateral to tell us

Don’t be a dick m8, not everyone has encyclopedic knowledge of the posters here.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

Vitamin boosts

Drip Doctors on call

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

MakaVillian posted:

and consoled his wife with schmeichel

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
To be fair, if someone knows about swallowing, it's Chaz

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Drip Doctors on call

Lol that made me think of Nasri

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Gigi Galli posted:

Don’t be a dick m8, not everyone has encyclopedic knowledge of the posters here.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be, was trying to make a joke to lighten things

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

As it should lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Imagine dying and the medical response you get is the big tittied drip doctors coming to adjust your zinc levels

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

please stop posting photos of friends and family witnessing someone they care about in mortal peril, thanks

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Vegetable posted:

https://www.healthline.com/health/s...their%20tongue.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Butterfly Valley posted:

Sorry I wasn't trying to be, was trying to make a joke to lighten things

All good my friend. Just didn’t want to ruin this nice gathering of posters where we all agree for once.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Imagine dying and the medical response you get is the big tittied drip doctors coming to adjust your zinc levels

When?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hnngh

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Schmeichel just came down the players tunnel still in full kit

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

God, that was the second time within a year I thought I had witnessed someone die on live tv, after seeing Romain Grosjean crash in F1 last year. So glad to see that sneaky picture of Eriksen awake.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

sign me up

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

dex_sda posted:

please stop posting photos of friends and family witnessing someone they care about in mortal peril, thanks

Yeah no more crying teammates or family please.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Match is officially postponed, looks like(?)

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 12, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

My m9 had an epileptic seizure on the top step of the airstairs as we were about to fly to my namesake and his dumbass stepdad shoved his fingers down his throat and just got them nearly bitten off in return, which of course he whinged about more than my actual friend when he recovered and flew out to join us a few days later so yeah fingats in mouth seems a bad idea

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

Schmeichel just came down the players tunnel still in full kit

John Terry right behind him then?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

UEFA busy on the phones with all sponsors asking what they want to happen and making sure there will be no refunds

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Hegay posted:

Now I do too and lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Vegetable posted:

It's a misnomer, you don't swallow your tongue but when someone has a reduced conscious level everything gets floppy and falls back obstructing the path to your lungs. stopping this with placing someone in the recovery position as kjaer did or with a simple chin lift or jaw thrust can be life saving.