Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

No one is making money off of posts in this thread

Imagine posting for free lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

It's kind weird that Rigshospitalet is so close to Parken that Eriksen can probably hear the game being played. I live a few blocks away from the Stadium. It got awfully quiet for a while.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

*switching gears back to poasting mode* it would be insanely funny if Denmark lost now

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm glad Eriksen is alive

and courage from the teams to continue on to finish the match

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

In other words they're in no state to play a game having just had a massively traumatic event and making this poo poo go on is loving criminal

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I think its fair to say that lots of people find the idea of watching a man potentially die on screen pretty traumatic. I dont think thats difficult to understand...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, then. Game on, I guess.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Serious question - What is with everyone getting all mad about photos of the situation?

This event happened and I think fans should be exposed to the human cost of teams playing 60 games a year and training like absolute mad lads

And seeing that players like Kjaer and Schmeichel are human beings forced to do human things is kind of important imho

I don’t think we should be looking away here

For me it's more the exploitative nature of it and the fact it's loving morbid.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Should book eriksen for taking hours to be subbed off imo

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Smirr posted:

If anyone starts posting about Blegum - Russia before this game is over, they should eat a probe for being a scab and/or Belge

But but my gran is blegian, I'm highly conflicted.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Smirr posted:

If anyone starts posting about Blegum - Russia before this game is over, they should eat a probe for being a scab and/or Belge

The only crime here, as has been noted, is being English.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Serious question - What is with everyone getting all mad about photos of the situation?

This event happened and I think fans should be exposed to the human cost of teams playing 60 games a year and training like absolute mad lads

And seeing that players like Kjaer and Schmeichel are human beings forced to do human things is kind of important imho

Because posting photos of a crying woman wondering if her husband is dead is loving grotesque

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

His crying teammates were standing around him trying to block the cameras and some sneaky fuckers were getting close ups of his face through their legs.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I dunno, let them finish the game if they want to. Maybe they spoke to Eriksen and best case scenario, the guy’s laughing and telling them go to play ball and they feel reassured. Probably not but we’re all just looking on from the outside.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

So uhm... It just had to happen to our best player

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Smirr posted:

*switching gears back to poasting mode* it would be insanely funny if Denmark lost now

Finland scrape a 92nd minute winner and go absolutely loving mental, shirts off, full knee slide in front of the home fans.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Idea: this is a UEFA/FIFA/CIA deep op to test how many people have to (almost) die on the pitch before people stop watching, what with Qatar and all

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Vegetable posted:

I dunno, let them finish the game if they want to. Maybe they spoke to Eriksen and best case scenario, the guy’s laughing and telling them go to play ball and they feel reassured. Probably not but we’re all just looking on from the outside.

They did

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

The compromise is to keep the Blegum - Russia posts in the respective national team threads until this game is over
I know I'll be trying to watch both games, luckily for me they are assigned to different broadcasters over here

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

That's a good law!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I think it’s cool. And as the closer second closest to death who has experienced similar I hope Denmark absolutely smash this. Come on lads!!!!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

peanut- posted:

Finland scrape a 92nd minute winner and go absolutely loving mental, shirts off, full knee slide in front of the home fans.

lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hegay posted:

So uhm... It just had to happen to our best player

This is a bit unsavoury dude

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

JollyBoyJohn posted:

i agree but not everyone is affected in the same way

I'm finding this hard to watch personally

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Literally no chance. Kaspar and the lads 100% would not give a poo poo

top athletes are built differently yeah but this is UEFA we’re talking about

Gigi Galli posted:

“Highly encouraged” I’m sure. Reading about this decision later will be interesting.

:hmmyes:

de curry GOAT fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 12, 2021

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Smirr posted:

Idea: this is a UEFA/FIFA/CIA deep op to test how many people have to (almost) die on the pitch before people stop watching, what with Qatar and all

Very excited for the weather machines we were promised in 2011 or whenever

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Re: the pictures, I don’t think it’s nice for people to post multiple pictures of family members crying because they think their loved one may have just died in front of them but I also don’t think there was any malice in posting those pics. People should see the human cost of these things, just no need to endlessly quote them or keep posting them over and over. And nobody did that, so I think we’re all good here.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Are they going to play all 2 hours of injury time?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Bundy posted:

For me it's more the exploitative nature of it and the fact it's loving morbid.

I get that some people might find it morbid but so what? That’s life.

And what’s more exploitive? Showing/Seeing the human toll or everyone looking away so things can continue as they have been?

Anyway I’m very much looking forward to Qatar 2022 and I’m sure all valid player safety concerns will be fully addressed in the next 15 months.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

peanut- posted:

this but they do the Ian Wright "salmon" celebration (please don't probe me)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1403778074991370245?s=19

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Re: the pictures, I don’t think it’s nice for people to post multiple pictures of family members crying because they think their loved one may have just died in front of them but I also don’t think there was any malice in posting those pics. People should see the human cost of these things, just no need to endlessly quote them or keep posting them over and over. And nobody did that, so I think we’re all good here.

Agreed. I think there’s a public interest and value in sharing a tragic experience that you obviously have to weigh against privacy interests. Pictures like these are uniformly shared after national tragedies and tbh if the person depicted in the picture is brown and in a third world country the only question people ask is where to send the Pulitzer.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"These were host pictures and out of our control" is a piss poor excuse when you can just cut to studio any time you want

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

"out of control" except they could have cut away back to the studio

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

This is not true. Danish TV showed airborne footage of the stadium. Not sure who the hosts would be if not us.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Half this thread: loving scum photogs trying to sneak pictures of the dying soccer player

Same half of this thread: check out the picture of the player awake and apparently alert, thank god!

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

I'm finding this hard to watch personally

The commentary is worse than my posting.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Half this thread: loving scum photogs trying to sneak pictures of the dying soccer player

Same half of this thread: check out the picture of the player awake and apparently alert, thank god!
You don’t see a difference between the two things?

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Maybe showing the world repeatedly what might be the mans final moments and his crying wife is not the way to start that dialogue. As someone who spent a good while talking to a seven year old who just watched a man die on live tv, I'm not especially receptive to arguments about how its actually better the more is shown.

Edit: almost die obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hmm yeah those are definitely the same thing.