Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I went insane playing it for 6 months and almost failed a calc final i needed to finish my degree from playing it too much. The thought of someone being able to get all the weapons I toiled and almost ruined my life for, fills me with rage.

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bowser's fury - 100 shines. i really liked this mode, although i'm not sure i'm in the "i hope all 3d marios are like this" camp. it worked really well with the 3d world controls but i think mario galaxy is the better way to do obstacle course games and i really likied the more open worlds in 64 and odyssey. time to start nocturne

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also i'm really enjoying the postgame in 3d world but i think i need a break before i finish mushroom world and parts beyond, i just mainlined a lot of mario and i think i need an rpg break

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
portal reloaded: a mod that adds a time portal to flip bck and forth the present and the future. Some of the puzzles are real good, as good as valve's even, and some are bad, but i thought those were the minority.
I like having reflex and dexterity tests in games, even if in a puzzle game they are "bad design". Portal 2 completely sanded off every edge of that type, but this game has a couple of those and it makes me wonder if those were the right solutions or if i just outsped the designer. the narration is very dry, explaining mostly mechanics, and it has a couple humorous lines from what it seems to be a sense of obligation really, keeping it to only a couple in the full game, which will be a blessing for a bunch of people. they are unbelievably bland and what aim's smarterchild would make after feeding it portals script ("this process is entirely safe........... usually")

its a one man project, and for that its astonishing, but comparing it with the base game you can see what a difference it makes having a rich company put assets into writing, art design, level design and especially music, it doesnt have any of the harsh harmonic synths in portal 2.

all that said its absolutely worth a play if you still have portal 2 installed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

portal reloaded: a mod that adds a time portal to flip bck and forth the present and the future. Some of the puzzles are real good, as good as valve's even, and some are bad, but i thought those were the minority.
I like having reflex and dexterity tests in games, even if in a puzzle game they are "bad design". Portal 2 completely sanded off every edge of that type, but this game has a couple of those and it makes me wonder if those were the right solutions or if i just outsped the designer. the narration is very dry, explaining mostly mechanics, and it has a couple humorous lines from what it seems to be a sense of obligation really, keeping it to only a couple in the full game, which will be a blessing for a bunch of people. they are unbelievably bland and what aim's smarterchild would make after feeding it portals script ("this process is entirely safe........... usually")

its a one man project, and for that its astonishing, but comparing it with the base game you can see what a difference it makes having a rich company put assets into writing, art design, level design and especially music, it doesnt have any of the harsh harmonic synths in portal 2.

all that said its absolutely worth a play if you still have portal 2 installed

thanks, id been eyeing this one off and couldnt work out if it was worth the effort

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
sam and max season 3.

the whole thing in general was pretty great, the powers and some of the puzzles were really cool. i feel this final chapter was a bit of a dip in quality compared to the others, and the moment at the end with sybil came out of absolutely nowhere. also the ending was kind of hosed up, real present max is dead which even with the wacky resolution still doesnt change.
anyway overall this season was a great time. I really wish telltale didnt just farm themsleves to death making lovely tie ins to every property ever made because of walking dead

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

sam and max season 3.

the whole thing in general was pretty great, the powers and some of the puzzles were really cool. i feel this final chapter was a bit of a dip in quality compared to the others, and the moment at the end with sybil came out of absolutely nowhere. also the ending was kind of hosed up, real present max is dead which even with the wacky resolution still doesnt change.
anyway overall this season was a great time. I really wish telltale didnt just farm themsleves to death making lovely tie ins to every property ever made because of walking dead

hell yeah. yeah the last episode is whatever and the ending is kind of off, but its my favorite season overall i think. the first four episodes are really great

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think they had finally refined their adventure game format by then and were set to make some real classics. and yeah, then walking dead happened lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fungah! posted:

hell yeah. yeah the last episode is whatever and the ending is kind of off, but its my favorite season overall i think. the first four episodes are really great

i really liked when skunkape changed the future in the first ep, it was honestly surprising lol

trying to jack off posted:

i think they had finally refined their adventure game format by then and were set to make some real classics. and yeah, then walking dead happened lol

yeah. at least the ppl behind the sam and max games reformed and are remastering them, which is good cause the engine was outdated by the end of the first season and they were especially ugly looking. not that the art design is my cup of tea particularly, but the lighting was always terrible.

oh yeah someones also making a new one for vr and both sam and max look insanely awful. cant wait

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh also i loved sals voice and delivery

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Split/Second, nice arcade racing with a good gimmick but unfortunately only 8 tracks. the non-race modes were mostly duds although the survival mode where you have to dodge barrels being flung off a truck is pretty fun. ends with a "to be continued," it actually would have been nice to see a sequel and see what they could do on newer hardware

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

double checked and there are actually 11 tracks, there are parts of each tracked used in others so they blend together

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

one of my favorite ps3 games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I went insane playing it for 6 months and almost failed a calc final i needed to finish my degree from playing it too much. The thought of someone being able to get all the weapons I toiled and almost ruined my life for, fills me with rage.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
congrats to everyone on the games theyve played and the games theyve beaten

i just finished control and i liked it a lot cheers

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
6. Resident Evil: Village
7. Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition - Paragon, romanced Liara, Sentinel
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done
9. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - Paragon, synthesis, stayed with Liara, all DLC done

Still a rather miserable ending, but Citadel makes up for a lot.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition. Paragon, all party members survived, I think all side missions but the game doesn’t track that so I’m not 100%. Gameplay-wise I think I actually prefer ME1 with the Legendary Edition upgrades now, but it’s still fun and I liked the story where you’re more or less rogue and dealing with organized crime and other shady elements compared to the grand shiny space opera setting of the first game. I really wish they had kept some of the first game’s more RPG mechanics instead of streamlining it entirely into a shooter though, they left a lot of good stuff behind. Ditching the weapon attachment customization is an especially strange choice now that they’ve narrowed weapons down to 3-5 specialized guns per category. Looking forward to wrapping up the series

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I remember liking Renegade the most in Mass Effect 2 because you could do stuff like push a merc off the top of a skyscraper because he talked poo poo to you or make a scene at a store because they won't give you a discount. ME3 Renegade wasn't nearly as fun.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done
9. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - Paragon, synthesis, stayed with Liara, all DLC done
10. Episode of Yuffie

Still not really a huge fan of how FF7 Remake plays, but Yuffie's my favorite FF7 character so I had to play this.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kongming posted:

I remember liking Renegade the most in Mass Effect 2 because you could do stuff like push a merc off the top of a skyscraper because he talked poo poo to you or make a scene at a store because they won't give you a discount. ME3 Renegade wasn't nearly as fun.

I like the one where a krogan warlord is ranting about his clan’s supremacy and other bad guy stuff, and you take the renegade interrupt and shoot the fuel pipe under him to burn him to death, and right before it lights up his little henchman in the background sees what’s about to happen and just quietly shuffles backwards

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

renegade got all the cool interrupts, all the paragon poo poo was like interrupt a conversation about racism to pwn them with pure logic and all the renegade ones wwre to blow up bad guys in cool ways to skip a fight. cool idea, bad implementation

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

3. Frostpunk

It's June already and I've only beaten three games? Weird.

Anyway Frostpunk was free on Epic so I gave it a try, I beat the main story mode but i don't think i'm going back for the extra scenarios. It was worth a playthrough but I found it too stressful to go back again and again.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Yakuza 0
2. Pokemon Shield
3. Astro's Playroom (platinum)
4. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War (both endings)
5. Bugsnax (platinum)
6. Spider-Man: Miles Morales

really not sure about this one. The story is dogshit but I’m not sure if that’s more because this needed to be cranked out in time for the ps5 launch. Almost a 100% reskin of enemies from the original only now they are just neon blue antifa and neon red Amazon soldiers, you use your inner strength and rise to the occasion to realize that both sides do it while an annoying radio station pops up reminding you that naps are self care

core Spider-Man game play still fun as poo poo tho

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

John Romero posted:

1. Yakuza 0
2. Pokemon Shield
3. Astro's Playroom (platinum)
4. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War (both endings)
5. Bugsnax (platinum)
6. Spider-Man: Miles Morales

really not sure about this one. The story is dogshit but I’m not sure if that’s more because this needed to be cranked out in time for the ps5 launch. Almost a 100% reskin of enemies from the original only now they are just neon blue antifa and neon red Amazon soldiers, you use your inner strength and rise to the occasion to realize that both sides do it while an annoying radio station pops up reminding you that naps are self care

core Spider-Man game play still fun as poo poo tho

can you enter your apartment this time

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 0

Holy poo poo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

welcome posted:

Yakuza 0

Holy poo poo.

congrats. the good news is that there are eight more games, counting judgement.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

STONE COLD 64 posted:

can you enter your apartment this time

yeah it’s his grandmas

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

14. Astalon: Tears of the Earth

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
10. Episode of Yuffie
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Extremely solid game all around. Nothing revolutionary, but it and RE8 are definitely competing in my mind for top game of this year for me.

Gonna start up Yakuza 4 and play some fighting games now.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
17. Atelier Lydie and Suelle ~ The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings ~ (Normal Difficulty, Normal Ending, Palmyra Defeated, Fuoco's Dragon Defeated)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
doom 1: UV, pistol start, no quicksave.

have never done this before. the game starves you of a lot of ammo in some stages. a lot of stages are surprisingly good, and even one of the best stages imo was by sandy peterson and tom hall, and it feels like a map that was ahead of the time of most of the game, when it comes to design. fairly cool. gonna do thy flesh consumed and perish like a dog

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ultimate doom uv pistol start no quicksave

thy flesh consumed isnt nearly as bad as i remembered.
Against thee wickedly the second romero level has a nasty coin flip after the first minute on wether a specter and caco are blocking a lava tunnel so if god doesnt feel like it you drop down and die either due to burning or the monsters.
other than that, pretty solid. american mcgees levels were compact and quick and the very first stage by him seems like precursor to some of the plutonia poo poo with teleporting monsters and walls monsters can shoot through.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

20. Dragon Quest IV. sat down to play some after dinner and accidentally played for 8 hours straight and just killed psaro the manslayer. what an awesome game, and this time I think I'll actually do chapter 6 to see what it's like.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

ArfJason posted:

ultimate doom uv pistol start no quicksave

thy flesh consumed isnt nearly as bad as i remembered.
Against thee wickedly the second romero level has a nasty coin flip after the first minute on wether a specter and caco are blocking a lava tunnel so if god doesnt feel like it you drop down and die either due to burning or the monsters.
other than that, pretty solid. american mcgees levels were compact and quick and the very first stage by him seems like precursor to some of the plutonia poo poo with teleporting monsters and walls monsters can shoot through.

Did you mostly sprint through stages I presume as opposed to trying to kill things yeah?

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

ArfJason posted:

doom 1: UV, pistol start, no quicksave.

have never done this before. the game starves you of a lot of ammo in some stages. a lot of stages are surprisingly good, and even one of the best stages imo was by sandy peterson and tom hall, and it feels like a map that was ahead of the time of most of the game, when it comes to design. fairly cool. gonna do thy flesh consumed and perish like a dog

I’ve been playing through on UV this weekend too. What’s the map?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
3. Shadowhand. It’s a solitaire rpg card game. It was alright.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Megaman Legends (PS1, Normal, All Weapons)

the controls took some getting used to but I'm glad it held up as well as I remembered it from my childhood. the soundtrack was notably very good, especially the dungeon music, super creepy and atmospheric. also I never unlocked the end game laser before, cutting through robots like tissue paper was really funny. never played the sequel but I'm not sure if I should.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mass Effect 3 Legendary Edition. Insanity Paragon Straight Man

Game black screened during the ending voice over which was fitting. Almost accidentally had gay sex with the shuttle pilot, but was able to turn it around and remain straight. Kinda wish they included multi in this.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Game black screened during the ending voice over which was fitting. Almost accidentally had gay sex with the shuttle pilot, but was able to turn it around and remain straight. Kinda wish they included multi in this.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao