Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Spergin Morlock posted:

Roseanne Barr putting out psycho qanon and trump supporting videos, followed by her getting killed off her own rebooted show

Rosanne was a candidate for President on the Peace & Freedom ticket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

this video really working against norm's supposed anti-drugs stance

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Laterite posted:

drat norm came out batting 1.000 there

Well looking back on it I wish the dems had the balls to steal it

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

Roseanne Barr putting out psycho qanon and trump supporting videos, followed by her getting killed off her own rebooted show

I haven't heard a peep from her since the whole I THOUGHT THE BITCH WAS WHITE interview thing, lol if that's the last we hear of her

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

btw norm did really well on millionaire, that they're referring to

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

rahm emanuel didn't live in Chicago when he ran for mayor and won there

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

rahm emanuel didn't live in Chicago when he ran for mayor and won there

he was selected by the machine and thats what counts

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Lol at calling Clinto a murdered. He's an American President: he's got the blood of thousands on his hands.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lol at calling Clinto a murdered. He's an American President: he's got the blood of thousands on his hands.

that was before he was president

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

And after...

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
norm macdonald is a cspam elemental

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lol at calling Clinto a murdered. He's an American President: he's got the blood of thousandsmillions on his hands.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

btw norm did really well on millionaire, that they're referring to

I actually remember this. They used to select the contestant using a "Fastest Fingers" question where contestants had to order things. Now because it was celeberty edition they just kept going until it was just Norm and the question was "put these in order" and the letters were N, O, R, M. So he was picked last and walked away with half a million bucks for charity.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Steve Bannon was in charge of Biosphere 2

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the one with Pauly Shore?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

El_Elegante posted:

the one with Pauly Shore?

yes

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

cornpop

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The verge foxconn article which seems like it's gonna be a predictable level of insane and then goes on to be an entirely different level of insane.

https://www.theverge.com/21507966/foxconn-empty-factories-wisconsin-jobs-loophole-trump

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
For a time, they say expenses required the approval of a figure referred to exclusively as “Money Mama.”

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
her?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

ari emmanuel, a hollywood agent, emailed fauci warning him about how dangerous COVID would be

zeke emmanuel, a doctor, emailed fauci saying his brother was exaggerating and COVID was just the flu

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

No he's talking about the Bush v Gore election.

Also lol at calling Bush a good man.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

remember that time sony made a movie making fun of north korea and north korea hacked the poo poo out of sony for revenge

that wasn't just funny, it was some "Lol I actually live in a cyberpunk dystopia where corporations and nationstates use hacks as weapons"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

chairface posted:

remember that time sony made a movie making fun of north korea and north korea hacked the poo poo out of sony for revenge

that wasn't just funny, it was some "Lol I actually live in a cyberpunk dystopia where corporations and nationstates use hacks as weapons"

It was just another bad Seth Rogen movie too.

Whatever happened to dictators who weren't afraid to be the bad guy in an American comedy?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

seth rogen isn't even convinced it was a North Korean hack.
https://twitter.com/TimothyS/status/1199620707279364098?s=20

it doesn't matter who hacked sony, everyone now "knows" it was North Korea

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

they're giving Another Round the force majeure treatment and it's going to be a loving trainwreck, it will just not work as an american comedy imo
I could see it easily as an american comedy, all the original movie was missing was LMFAO at the end. It's not exactly treading new territory, tonally or otherwise. Hollywood will gently caress it up regardless, but still.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The Interview was gross CIA propaganda, but I've been thrilled with Seth's statements on Israel, and if he just backpedals a little bit on North Korea, I'd say the his redemption arc is complete.

Maybe The Interview makes more sense as an allegory for Birthright trips if you change the country.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The part where they portray China as really cool was a good start

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
wasn't the North Korea angle on the sony hack just them trying to spin it in a way that promoted their new movie rather than having any factual basis

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
correct there was never any proof that NK had anything to do with it.

you know what’s really funny?

the Clinton kill list

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1404020849217310724?s=21

Bust Rodd has issued a correction as of 13:29 on Jun 13, 2021

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Apparent suicide via 12 9mm to the back of the head from 5 ft away.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

John Charity Spring posted:

wasn't the North Korea angle on the sony hack just them trying to spin it in a way that promoted their new movie rather than having any factual basis

Yes

"See the movie King Jong Un DOESNT want you to see" :haw:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

the Clinton kill list

Come on now, who doesn't personally know 300+ people who've "killed themselves"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

John Charity Spring posted:

looked it up on wikipedia to refresh my memory and one of the pieces of evidence is that a north korean ip address logged into the hacking group's facebook account which is just lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

remember how they withheld that movie from theaters for a while and only put it online because they were worried that north Korea would send commandos to kill moviegoers or some such nonsense

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I watched it because of all the fuss. It was dumb and obvious propaganda but I still enjoyed it

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
oh word?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

- Iran and Taliban-controlled Afghanistan had some saber rattling in 1998 with a build up of troops on both sides of the border
- Around Summer 2001, John Ashcroft thanked the Taliban for controlling poppy production
- Iran offered to help the US in Afghanistan prior to the invasion as an olive branch and US rebuffed it

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Didn't afghanistan also try to do some diplomacy after 9/11, like "gosh we'd do just about anything if you guys decided not to invade"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

Didn't afghanistan also try to do some diplomacy after 9/11, like "gosh we'd do just about anything if you guys decided not to invade"

They offered to hand over bin laden if the US could produce criminal charges

The US ignored this offer