Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
is that what one ring gets you in new Orleans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

is that what one ring gets you in new Orleans?

If you can remember the before times - yes.

The Saints didn't just win a ring, they had a long run of relevance in the playoff picture. Before that, they were the historical worst team in the league.

Wait, are we somehow pretending that Loomis has done a bad job during his tenure?

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 9, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Remind me, how many teams in this division have even one ring

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

Remind me, how many teams in this division have even one ring

I'll gladly break it down for everyone:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 2
New Orleans Saints - 1
Atlanta Falcons - 0
Carolina Panthers - 0

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 2
New Orleans Saints - 1
Atlanta Falcons - 0
Carolina Panthers - 0

That doesn't look so hot, maybe if we compare the number of championships to the number of times each team made it to the Owl.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

A.o.D. posted:

That doesn't look so hot, maybe if we compare the number of championships to the number of times each team made it to the Owl.

2/2, 1/1, 0/2, and 0/2**

*blowjob arrest with FCA award still in his backseat

*do I even need to say the other one

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 2
New Orleans Saints - 1
Atlanta Falcons - 0
Carolina Panthers - 0

KISS THE RING

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DNewtonespn/status/1402703144757477384

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

God damnit Sam, don't be a loving moron

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is the "still evaluating the situation" thing just bullshit for "i'm not getting it"?

Like what the gently caress are you still evaluating? Millions of people around the world have gotten the vaccine with little to no issues. What the gently caress are you waiting for? What more proof do you need?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sam DuhArnold

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is the "still evaluating the situation" thing just bullshit for "i'm not getting it"?

Like what the gently caress are you still evaluating? Millions of people around the world have gotten the vaccine with little to no issues. What the gently caress are you waiting for? What more proof do you need?

He's waiting for the ghosts to tell him which one to get.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

There is a lot of ignorance about vaccines. Vaccine monitoring historically shows that any side effects show up within about 6 weeks. Healthcare workers have had it for over 6 months now. It's obviously safe.

But people can't even agree on what facts or reality are anymore.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

The simulation is breaking down.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

Some people don't mind contracting a debilitating disease with potential lifelong consequences that place their loved ones and alike at risk. Others don't like shots because they hurt!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ehud posted:

There is a lot of ignorance about vaccines. Vaccine monitoring historically shows that any side effects show up within about 6 weeks. Healthcare workers have had it for over 6 months now. It's obviously safe.

At this point “I’m evaluating the situation and waiting for more information” is the way to say “I’m not getting it because I think it’s fake” without actually having to deal with the public consequences of being a Covid denier.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

At this point “I’m evaluating the situation and waiting for more information” is the way to say “I’m not getting it because I think it’s fake” without actually having to deal with the public consequences of being a Covid denier.

I have a hard time swallowing this because that means on some level they realize "i'm not getting it, its fake" is loving stupid.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
whatever they want to say about its effectiveness, "I'm not getting it, I want to show up to the team facility every single day during my bye week to get swabbed" is a hell of a decision to make

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

I have a hard time swallowing this because that means on some level they realize "i'm not getting it, its fake" is loving stupid.

No, it means they realize that saying that out loud will garner them a bunch of negative attention whereas dancing around it will allow to avoid most of the blowback. I have coworkers who are absolutely in this boat and when we are doing anything customer facing they do the mealy mouth “I’m evaluating the evidence and attempting to make the right decision for myself and my family” bullshit but when they don’t have to be their best behavior they say it’s made up by the government to control us, the vaccine changes your DNA, they’ll never get it, and Covid is just the flu.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Cant wait for the next Sam Darnold “OUT INDEFINITELY” graphic

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spintzel posted:

Cant wait for the next Sam Darnold “OUT INDEFINITELY” graphic

Here lies Sam Darnold
peperony and chease

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Imagine being like the number four wide receiver or the number two tight end and the focal point of the roster, the guy who's supposed to be leading the team, refuses to get two shots to make the team significantly more secure and stable. Sam darnold isn't this, but there are players out there like Josh Allen who are. Has got to piss a few people off in the locker room.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I dunno if he's gotten it or not but to me from what I know about him, Tom Brady absolutely seems like the kind of guy who might not get the vaccine

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
It absolutely wouldn't shock me, especially with the TB12 garbage.

But it also wouldn't shock me if he got it and pretended that he didn't while touting some "natural" method of fighting against COVID

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Id wager you’ll hear absolutely nothing out of his mouth about the subject.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Which makes me wonder if the reporters have rules about what they can ask players. You know the second some beat writer or blogger gets a shot at asking him questions they’d ask if he’d been vaccinated

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Id wager you’ll hear absolutely nothing out of his mouth about the subject.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

hard to talk about vaccines when your lips are on your son's.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Saints/status/1403455545877614595

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX6DWpsHLt8

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:tipshat:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Goodnight, sweet prince.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Feel like poo poo, just want (2009) him back.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

really queer Christmas posted:

Feel like poo poo, just want (2009) him back.

want (2011) him back with a better defense.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1404423547775242243?s=20

Steve Smith in the booth for preseason games.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1404423547775242243?s=20

Steve Smith in the booth for preseason games.

Yaaaaaaaas. Hope he has some drinks in him.

This probably means he’s getting a statue/number retired soon too.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Steve rules.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i like the new thread title, i too want to thank drew for choking in the playoffs for the past 10 years

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I would like to thank Drew for getting to the playoffs and always losing in hilarious ways.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'd like to thank Drew for all those interceptions he threw to our defense in the playoffs. #ThankYouDrew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

WampaLord posted:

I'd like to thank Drew for all those interceptions he threw to our defense in the playoffs. #ThankYouDrew

Yeah I'm pretty hopeful that between J*meis and Taysom the saints are gonna see an improvement in their QB play this year