Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Lostconfused posted:

Re watching it and lmao, the least subtle slaves building pyramids metaphor.

i feel like this kinda defeats the purpose of robots. its like futurama robots played straight

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Unless there's been a major new revelation I've missed, I really do not think Obama's intervention was as far-reaching, as impactful, or as much Obama's initiative as you seem to. To my understanding, it consisted entirely of giving Mayor Pete his long-sought phone call as a favor to Biden. You may note that this was not the only concession Pete got from Biden.

Biden's campaign was legitimately very well run, and did an excellent job of reaching out to both rival campaigns (including, ultimately, Bernie's) and Democratic establishment power structures. It's a big part of what won him South Carolina and made him the probable notBernie frontrunner.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Biden’s campaign was a joke, what are you talking about? It was institutional media flexing on boomer brains. the campaign was nonexistent

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Pobrecito posted:

Unless there's been a major new revelation I've missed, I really do not think Obama's intervention was as far-reaching, as impactful, or as much Obama's initiative as you seem to. To my understanding, it consisted entirely of giving Mayor Pete his long-sought phone call as a favor to Biden. You may note that this was not the only concession Pete got from Biden.

Biden's campaign was legitimately very well run, and did an excellent job of reaching out to both rival campaigns (including, ultimately, Bernie's) and Democratic establishment power structures. It's a big part of what won him South Carolina and made him the probable notBernie frontrunner.

i had guessed someone else but it figures it was from the guy who volunteered for the rapist

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

gay_crimes posted:

Biden’s campaign was a joke, what are you talking about? It was institutional media flexing on boomer brains. the campaign was nonexistent

I still loved in like June when a journalist asked about campaign ground locations in michigan and the person "running" the biden michigan campaign seemed confused.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/michael-moore-warns-bidens-ground-game-in-michigan-worse-than-hillarys/ar-BB19bT6g

and then when he does show up to michigan:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/10/joe-biden-told-an-auto-worker-youre-full-of-poo poo-during-a-tense-argument-over-guns.html

quote:

Leading Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden called a Detroit factory worker “full of s---” in a testy exchange on gun policy Tuesday as voters cast ballots in Michigan’s crucial primary.

Video shared by reporters on Biden’s tour of the Detroit auto plant shows the former vice president surrounded by workers as he argued face to face with a man in a hard hat and an orange high-visibility vest.

The worker accused Biden of “actively trying to end our Second Amendment right.”

Biden immediately responded: “You’re full of s---.”

Biden was visiting with members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers who are building a new Fiat Chrysler assembly plant.

“I support the Second Amendment,” Biden said in the clip. But “the Second Amendment — just like right now, if you yell ‘fire,’ that’s not free speech.”

“I have a shotgun, I have a 20-gauge, a 12-gauge,” Biden said. “You’re not allowed to own [just] any weapon. I’m not taking your gun away at all. You need 100 rounds?”

The worker then claimed Biden had said he was going to take guns away.

“I did not say that! I did not say that!” Biden fired back, raising his voice.

The worker said he had heard Biden make that claim in a viral video.

“It’s a viral video like the other ones that came out” that were “lies,” Biden said.

“Don’t be such a horse’s a--,” Biden added as the exchange grew more heated.

Totally normal for candidates to berate voters they're trying to court. Totally normal poo poo. lmao This was in loving March.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Sure, Biden didn't really inspire any voters or have well defined goals and policy objectives (other then not-trump) but he was the best at gaming the system

...and isn't that what's really important in a president?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

my favorites that image of angry joe pointing in some girls face while a frumpy old bag behind him frowns at her

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I still can't believe the lunatic msnbc and twitter discourse is "bernie sounds like my angry dad" when Biden straight up randomly loses his loving temper and prods people in the chest with his index finger and gets all up in their grill.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Lostconfused posted:

Re watching it and lmao, the least subtle slaves building pyramids metaphor.

robots in hard hats lol (???)

best part of that movie is when the scary roboemissary nukes itself to take out the UN in one go

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

a primate posted:

it’s a bit of a myth that Huawei invented 5G or somehow got there first, they’ve just done an admirable job of making it a distinctive asset of their brand. the South Koreans were actually ahead in development, and Samsung were the first to develop a system. both the Japanese and South Koreans developed 5G networks before either the US or China were able to, but I imagine some of this was not possible without Chinese manufacturing

other than huawei it’s Qualcomm licensed stuff though, that’s what it’s all about.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
They had a shot for shot recreation of the Vietnamese gunshot execution photo but with a robot, and some heavy allusions to the LA and Watts riots

The metaphor was not subtle, but also on point

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Surely they could just build the robits with harder heads

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Surely they could just build the robits with harder heads

yeah, but this quarters profits

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

this is actually a great analogy because the machines were in the moral right in the matrix

The machines are a metaphor for transphobia though.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
just wish they had stuck with the idea of humans being kept alive as computational hardware because that would bring in a :weed: "drat the people's brains are being used to enslave themselves"

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

just wish they had stuck with the idea of humans being kept alive as computational hardware because that would bring in a :weed: "drat the people's brains are being used to enslave themselves"

And I wish Switch had been explicitly trans instead of just as close to genderfuck as you could get in the 90s

At least neo beats up the system for deadnaming him

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pobrecito posted:

The last time I looked at the thread uglycat was saying to watch out for a firebrand from south bend in 24 and what the gently caress is with that dudes psychotic obsession with south bend

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I give zero shits Hunter owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pobrecito posted:

im going to kill you. i cant believe youve done this. im geting so Pissed Off lmfao. HOLY poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
downstairs neighbor calling the police when he hears me just absolutely demolishing my computer desk, wielding my Unicomp Model M keyboard like a sledgehammer, screaming profanities like if Taz was also methed out trailer trash

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
me to my 25 year old stagehands: hey u guys try the bts meal yet?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
there are interviews with plenty of democratic politicians and campaign staffers and they all universally said biden was screwed until trump messed up the response to covid

good campaign lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
If Covid had happened 6 months earlier and we were into vaccine rollout on Election Day, Trunp would have walked away with 350 EVs

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wild to think that as dumb as fauci winning might have been it wouldnt have been a significant improvement over the nonsense result we ended up getting of joe biden and kamala harris as joint persons of the year

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

If Covid had happened 6 months earlier and we were into vaccine rollout on Election Day, Trunp would have walked away with 350 EVs

Covid felt like some kind of science fiction story of reality reconfiguring itself to help Biden win both the primary and then the general. It couldn't have been more perfect for the establishment Democrats.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Some Guy TT posted:

wild to think that as dumb as fauci winning might have been it wouldnt have been a significant improvement over the nonsense result we ended up getting of joe biden and kamala harris as joint persons of the year

There were at least a hundred choices that made more sense, including Fauci. What I really expected was a abstract winner like nurses or front like workers

Eggplant Squire posted:

Covid felt like some kind of science fiction story of reality reconfiguring itself to help Biden win both the primary and then the general. It couldn't have been more perfect for the establishment Democrats.

Maybe yes for general, but I don’t think Covid affected the outcome of the primary. If anything it should have been a boon for Bernie to hammer how UHC might be a good thing I’m the face of a 9-11s worth of Covid deaths per day, mostly among poor and POC voters

But alas, the succ is stronger in the Democratic Party then anyone here wants to admit and even a once in a century pandemic can’t break it

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

There were at least a hundred choices that made more sense, including Fauci. What I really expected was a abstract winner like nurses or front like workers

Maybe yes for general, but I don’t think Covid affected the outcome of the primary. If anything it should have been a boon for Bernie to hammer how UHC might be a good thing I’m the face of a 9-11s worth of Covid deaths per day, mostly among poor and POC voters

But alas, the succ is stronger in the Democratic Party then anyone here wants to admit and even a once in a century pandemic can’t break it

Yeah part of that was Bernie NOT hammering that (and instead allowing the idea that he and his friend Joe were mostly the same in that regard to be uncontested) and the other was him saying to be careful when voting while you had the Biden campaign going on TV and saying that it was perfectly safe to wait in lines and VOTE. I don't think ultimately in the primary it would have mattered since they would have done something to stop him if he got the most delegates before the supers somehow but it was creepy to watch.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 09:44 on Jun 13, 2021

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Who do you think they would have framed if Bernie had won

Because if he was actually a threat they would have literally killed him

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Christ posted:

Who do you think they would have framed if Bernie had won

Because if he was actually a threat they would have literally killed him

they had the heart attack gun trained on him for a reason

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

Found this in walmart:

There was also this:

You guys might not have been aware of the fact that Kamala loves the poor and disenfranchised. She's very brave and fights for the people. She stands up to bad guys. Both books were very informative.

ugh both those books look exceptionally gross

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
test

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
reserved

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBtpqbOKXk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lol when is the last time u seen superbeast

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1404020849217310724

I'm honestly surprised she waited this long

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
The walls are closing in on the Clintons.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

If I'm remembering right polling showed that a decent chunk of primary voters who went to the polls with the intention of voting for Bernie changed their minds at the last minute and voted for Biden instead.

And polling also showed a bunch of people believed that Biden also supported M4A.

Not really sure how to solve that particular voter problem when even a minute of research would have proven that's not true. Lament that Bernie wasn't more aggressive, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Nice blazer. Idiot.