Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
if this was really just Dark Souls 4: Big Dark Souls i would have zero complaints, not that i have any as is

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Elden Ring 2: Now with FLYING!

(Coming to Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Playstation 6, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series XYZXL£$^"(*&£$, Vita, Stadia, Stadia 2, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo, WiiU, Nintendo Switch, Game Boy Advanced, IOS, Android, Steam, Epic Game Store Exclusive and included in Cyberpunk 2077 GOTY edition)

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
I hope the outfits in-game are called Elden Bling.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guildenstern Mother posted:

edit: I'm mostly just grumpy they didn't take the chance to maybe try out a different plot line for once.

the FROM plotlines are a series of documentaries about our lives

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
WHAT IF..... the dragons and gwyn made an unstoppable tag team

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

WHAT IF..... the dragons and gwyn made an unstoppable tag team

Gwyn + Sakura Dragon = oooooohhhhhhhhhh

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Sekiro's plot is about stopping an immortal general from creating an unstoppable army and Bloodborne's plot is about aliens and mad scientists. This will be their first non-Souls game that (seems like it) has an overtly Souls-like plot. But since the Souls series has been done for over four years now and Elden Ring seems to have a much different scope, it feels more like they're creating a spiritual successor to the Souls games without being tied to the pre-existing expectations of making an actual Souls game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rolling my eyes as people say "it's just Dark Souls" when we've already seen a dragon wield its weakness from those games. Get real folks.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Give us Sekiro lightning mechanics FROM

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

ZZZorcerer posted:

Give us Sekiro lightning mechanics FROM

elden ring is probably cool and all but those fuckers never gave me my god drat lady tomoe dlc

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's evolving...

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
:emptyquote:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

"it's just Dark Souls" is a weird burn because that's just saying it's better than every other game already.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

"it's just Dark Souls" is a weird burn because that's just saying it's better than every other game already.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

lightning? i always though the dragon's weakness in dark souls was being too stubborn to leave their perch while they get loaded up with 500 wooden arrows??

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Why do people do this? Do they not have a sense of smell, do they take no pride in their work? I totally get sewing some arms together to make boomerangarms and I totally get the desire to jazz up your cafeteria space... but this is not the way. First, the smell would make for a really bad dining hall for a wide variety of beings. Okay, okay, you don't care about humans and their baby noses that can't appreciate the rotting stank of flesh experiments -- so in that light, why are you damaging all of your good works with these horrible display tools? Surely these hooks and leaving them in the open air and gravity will dehydrate and degrade them. Also consider how goddamn hard it will be to get the things on and off, or how hard they will be to dust and maintain up there! Do you really want to go to the supply wing of the castle to grab a loving 60 foot ladder everytime you need to get down one of your boomerangarms?

Lastly, if you don't care about the function or smell of the dining hall, don't care about the maintenance logistics, it's a permanent art installation -- okay cool -- but then you've really missed an opportunity here to have all of the hands hold a candle or lightbulb or something to provide moments of drama and wonder and horror. Big Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table setting would really pop if those hanging hangs not doing anything were functional lighting pieces.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

some people just really like arms. enjoy arms for arms' sake.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/984409321294520321?lang=en

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Khanstant posted:

Why do people do this? Do they not have a sense of smell, do they take no pride in their work? I totally get sewing some arms together to make boomerangarms and I totally get the desire to jazz up your cafeteria space... but this is not the way. First, the smell would make for a really bad dining hall for a wide variety of beings. Okay, okay, you don't care about humans and their baby noses that can't appreciate the rotting stank of flesh experiments -- so in that light, why are you damaging all of your good works with these horrible display tools? Surely these hooks and leaving them in the open air and gravity will dehydrate and degrade them. Also consider how goddamn hard it will be to get the things on and off, or how hard they will be to dust and maintain up there! Do you really want to go to the supply wing of the castle to grab a loving 60 foot ladder everytime you need to get down one of your boomerangarms?

Lastly, if you don't care about the function or smell of the dining hall, don't care about the maintenance logistics, it's a permanent art installation -- okay cool -- but then you've really missed an opportunity here to have all of the hands hold a candle or lightbulb or something to provide moments of drama and wonder and horror. Big Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table setting would really pop if those hanging hangs not doing anything were functional lighting pieces.

Maybe those boomerarms are actually cured or smoked and they hang them up in the cafeteria like at an italian deli to give people an appetite. "Ooh, I want to bite off a hunk of that guy's arm. Look at that definition! And the size of his hand! Did he play basketball?"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
OH that's a great point, who doesn't love some cured meat?

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Rolling my eyes as people say "it's just Dark Souls" when we've already seen a dragon wield its weakness from those games. Get real folks.

but the dragon isn't powerstancing two +15 great clubs though

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
https://twitter.com/PsiHypo/status/1403406303792406533

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

cant wait to see how they do rear end in a top hat design in an open world

two skeletons hiding behind trees and they pull a chain up as you ride by

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Fellatio del Toro posted:

cant wait to see how they do rear end in a top hat design in an open world

two skeletons hiding behind trees and they pull a chain up as you ride by
god, this would be amazing, can you even imagine :allears:

you've heard of item ganks, get ready for "you thought it was safe to ride your horse, didn't you" ganks

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

All that's left is for Miyazaki to throw away 15% of the voice lines so Youtubers can get 4 years' worth of content out of theorycrafting and it's ready to ship!!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
as someone who enjoys difficult CAG i found sekiro to be incredibly hard (though i platinumed it) so hopefully elden ring takes a step (or several) back from that

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Relin posted:

as someone who enjoys difficult CAG i found sekiro to be incredibly hard (though i platinumed it) so hopefully elden ring takes a step (or several) back from that

hopefully it does a double ichimonji forward actually

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Relin posted:

It's an rpg again so I'm sure you can simply grind a bit or optimise your build to make things a bit easier on yourself.

I love Sekiro so much and it's my tied favourite From game with BB. I think on a particular level Sekiro is my favourite though because I like character action games and it's probably the best one ever made or at the very least stands alongside Ninja Gaiden Black, Vanquish and DMC4. I'd love to see From tackle a similar game after this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lmao

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat he nailed it

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Relin posted:

i hope it does the same thing sekiro does where it just wilds out on making you master new and unique mechanics. i just played ds3 for the first time and rolled right through it with a decade plus of experience of those games.

perc2
May 16, 2020

imagine complaining that FROM is making a Dark Souls type game instead of boring baby samurai rhythm action. it honestly looks loving incredible

perc2 fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 13, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

perc2 posted:

imagine complaining that FROM is making a Dark Souls type game instead of boring baby samurai rhythm action. it honestly looks loving incredible

Who did this

perc2
May 16, 2020

JBP posted:

Who did this

let me start an imaginary argument in my head please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loving love the Dark Souls games but Sekiro was something extraordinary and God I hope Elden Ring gives me the ability to do crazy poo poo like this again:

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1403453185998602244

Only you're riding a horse while you do it :clint:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 13, 2021

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
Honestly, I'm pretty excited based on the trailer. I'm not the biggest fan of Dark Souls, but Sekiro is one of my favorite games, so a faster Dark Souls sounds amazing (something like Nioh, but without all the things that make Nioh terrible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

I loving love the Dark Souls games but Sekiro was something extraordinary and God I hope Elden Ring gives me the ability to do crazy poo poo like this again:

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1403453185998602244

Only you're riding a horse while you do it :clint:

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1113943818519437312?s=20