Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/cyriakharris/status/1403658175119859713

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

this, but goatse

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Oh Don Piano posted:

this, but goatse Homer's scabbing-over eyes

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
cursed

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Oh Don Piano posted:

this, but goatse

Infinitely recurring goatman, or Homer smoothly retreating into the gaped butt?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

What's truly cursed is the Simpsons Ninja Girls guy discovered "video editing"

https://twitter.com/BenHugh26422354/status/1403453316789571584?s=19

https://twitter.com/BenHugh26422354/status/1403410853706321921?s=19

https://twitter.com/BenHugh26422354/status/1403063760915419141?s=19

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

What's truly cursed is the Simpsons Ninja Girls guy discovered "video editing"

This is a fetish.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I just realized that piece of crap wasn't my first Simpsons meme! I made this a month ago:

Yeah, that's right, the Flander's new meme meme is about people like ME

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Brawnfire posted:

I just realized that piece of crap wasn't my first Simpsons meme! I made this a month ago:

Yeah, that's right, the Flander's new meme meme is about people like ME

Wait so the Sisko has a Prophet vision of how Lenny lives? This is AI-generated right?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Failed Imagineer posted:

Wait so the Sisko has a Prophet vision of how Lenny lives? This is AI-generated right?

I know the answer but Lenny didnt want me to tell you

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

close this thread, make a new one only this guy can post in

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Source

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Whybird posted:

Thanks to you I just remembered the concept of the Room With Too Much Electricity and giggled like an idiot for a solid minute.

My job involves lots of literal Rooms With Electricity. In an industry with lots of Simpsons fans.

And sometimes they have too much electricity.

So, that meme gets referenced a lot. Probably my most used one alongside "you have to tell me your plan sir, or nothing will happen"

Though I did find some shelves for work the other day with a confusing symbol that made me go "Put together with your hands? No, tools required!"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Diogenes presents:
Diogenes in the Marketplace

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bobstar posted:

My job involves lots of literal Rooms With Electricity. In an industry with lots of Simpsons fans.

And sometimes they have too much electricity.

So, that meme gets referenced a lot. Probably my most used one alongside "you have to tell me your plan sir, or nothing will happen"

Though I did find some shelves for work the other day with a confusing symbol that made me go "Put together with your hands? No, tools required!"
Do you call certain accidents "getting Grimesed"?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Hihohe posted:

I know the answer but Lenny didnt want me to tell you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJPZcgvB4vI&t=38s

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Thin stew. THIN!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

give this man the 10,000 dollars

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Twitch posted:

give this man the 10,000 dollars

In Rand McNally they use dollar-in-dues

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/1403545003423633408?s=20

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Topical

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait Finland qualified for the Euros?

loving Finland?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Rarity posted:

loving Finland?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

....can someone summarize why this is funny? I'm not a big sports person.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/denmark-vs-finland-live-euro-2020-score-result/udBlYJ1Ein3H

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bobstar posted:

There are far too many real life people like this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Arbite posted:

Thin stew. THIN!

Yeah, that's the only Babish video I've seen and the thickness of the stew was quite good at turning me off from the rest of his content.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Denmark played Finland in the European Championships last night. Just before half time Denmark's best player Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch and required extensive medical treatment including CPR and possibly defibrilation (all this was done right on the pitch with the cameras on him, which is its own separate story).

Miraculously Eriksen was awake when he was taken off the pitch - when he went down everyone's mind instantly went to Fabrice Muamba and Marc-Viven Foe who had similarly collapsed and required on-field CPR in a televised game, the former spending weeks in a coma and having to retire, the latter dying right there on the pitch.

Given that, everyone assumed that the game would be cancelled, as happened in those previous mathces, meaning the 0-0 scoreline when play was suspended would have stood. Eriksen however apparently told his team-mates to carry on the match, and they (and the Finns) agreed (something that wrong-footed everyone so much that the BBC's TV commentators were still in the hotel when the match restarted, leading to some rather nervous-sounding radio commentators taking over the duties for a few minutes).

Now I don't want to ascribe any but the purest Corinthian values to Eriksen and Denmark wanting to play on, but you have to assume *somebody* was thinking "Finland are the weakest team in the tournament and with all this going on this will be the easiest 3 points we've ever won" - winning all their group games would have guaranteed Denmark an easier draw and more home games in the knockout stages.

However Finland hadn't read the script and proceeded to win 1-0, including saving a penalty from Denmark (whose usual penalty taker is, you guessed it, Christian Eriksen).

There, isn't that much funnier now someone's explained it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Actually yes, thank you!

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Rarity posted:

loving Finland?

Hopefully they can finally square off against the ancient foe, Scotland.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bug Squash posted:

They sure are a contentious people.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Denmark played Finland in the European Championships last night. Just before half time Denmark's best player Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch and required extensive medical treatment including CPR and possibly defibrilation (all this was done right on the pitch with the cameras on him, which is its own separate story).

Miraculously Eriksen was awake when he was taken off the pitch - when he went down everyone's mind instantly went to Fabrice Muamba and Marc-Viven Foe who had similarly collapsed and required on-field CPR in a televised game, the former spending weeks in a coma and having to retire, the latter dying right there on the pitch.

Given that, everyone assumed that the game would be cancelled, as happened in those previous mathces, meaning the 0-0 scoreline when play was suspended would have stood. Eriksen however apparently told his team-mates to carry on the match, and they (and the Finns) agreed (something that wrong-footed everyone so much that the BBC's TV commentators were still in the hotel when the match restarted, leading to some rather nervous-sounding radio commentators taking over the duties for a few minutes).

Now I don't want to ascribe any but the purest Corinthian values to Eriksen and Denmark wanting to play on, but you have to assume *somebody* was thinking "Finland are the weakest team in the tournament and with all this going on this will be the easiest 3 points we've ever won" - winning all their group games would have guaranteed Denmark an easier draw and more home games in the knockout stages.

However Finland hadn't read the script and proceeded to win 1-0, including saving a penalty from Denmark (whose usual penalty taker is, you guessed it, Christian Eriksen).

The Danish players were given a choice by UEFA between playing that evening or today at midday. They thought it best to get it out of the way.

The "radio commentators" do a lot of foreign football and are way better than the clowns the BBC and Sky regularly roll out. Tony Cascarino actually knows his stuff when not put on the spot.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Tony Cascarino actually knows his stuff

I'll end what would otherwise be a punishing and incomprehensible to the rest of the thread derail by just asking you to deeply meditate on these words that you have just typed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

sassassin posted:

The Danish players were given a choice by UEFA between playing that evening or today at midday. They thought it best to get it out of the way.

The "radio commentators" do a lot of foreign football and are way better than the clowns the BBC and Sky regularly roll out. Tony Cascarino actually knows his stuff when not put on the spot.

Reminds me that I'm told an old Australian saying is that the real way to watch cricket is to mute the TV and turn on the radio.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'll end what would otherwise be a punishing and incomprehensible to the rest of the thread derail by just asking you to deeply meditate on these words that you have just typed.

I've only seen him do Serie A so maybe I'm being conned since I don't watch it much. He seems to know who the current players are, which is a big step up on Championship colour commentators like Lee Hendrie and Keith Andrews.

edit: Is it even Cascarino I'm thinking of?

edit2: Tony Dorigo ffs

sassassin fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 13, 2021

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Rarity posted:

loving Finland?

They came second in their group tbf which is now automatic qualification. If you really want your mind blown, Macedonia qualified by beating Georgia in a playoff.

sassassin posted:

Tbf to Denmark, my first thought when the match restarted (and knowing Eriksen was stable) was "Finland will definitely be less rattled and Denmark are without their best player" and I stuck a tenner on them at 9/1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Bug Squash posted:

Finno-Korean Hyperwar II needs to happen first