Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Super No Vacancy posted:

yes, have found them pretty much interchangeable. xbox vers might launch quicker

I wonder if it's a setting issue? I literally can't even touch the ball it's so bad. Same tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is it running at a higher framerate on Xbox?

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Evil Badman posted:

I just discovered the warranty on my controller that came with my Series X is a year, so I'm doing a return.

Glad they changed that. The controller that came with my XBone broke after 6 months and they told me to pound sand.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Looks like Back 4 Blood will be day one on Game Pass.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1403693390147973121

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
That's rad. I liked the personality of Left 4 Dead more than the gameplay, but Back 4 Blood seems to have weightier gunplay with more visual feedback. Looking forward to checking it out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On one hand its neat, and I like the service getting more stuff.

On the other Im in Japan and this will never work right for me and I want more single player stuff on the service.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I wonder if it's a setting issue? I literally can't even touch the ball it's so bad. Same tv.

A lot of modern TVs, maybe even all of them, have independent settings for each HDMI input, and it's possible your Game Mode and relevant settings are active on your Xbox input but not on the PlayStation's input for whatever reason (might have been reset or some such).

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Hold off on buying the Yakuza: Like a Dragon until Sunday. It might be coming to Game Pass.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1403753566997680129?s=21

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Zerot posted:

Hold off on buying the Yakuza: Like a Dragon until Sunday. It might be coming to Game Pass.

Yeah. Expect a poo poo ton of Game Pass news this week.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yakuza Like a Dragon has three terrible bossfights, including a possibly unwinnable final battle and having to redo the entire last dungeon to fix that issue, yet its still the best RPG I've played in years

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Evil Badman posted:

Yeah. Expect a poo poo ton of Game Pass news this week.

Hell yeah. I'm legit excited for the Xbox/Bethesda thing this Sunday.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Looking forward to Microsoft putting Todd Howard in a guillotine and almost beheading him only to be interrupted mid-conference by a dragon-shaped mass that looks like Randy “Macho Man” Savage.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Xbox better have something good to show cause E3 has sucked so far.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Honestly all I need is flight sim and a few other good gamepass drops and im good. Some game footage of first party studios would be nice but I'm not expecting a massive IP reveal, studio buy, or something like Starfield coming November.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I want fps boost to come to dishonoured 2 so I can finally get back to playing it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zerot posted:

I have been waiting for this to come to Game Pass. I knew it would happen eventually, so have held off buying it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ZeeBoi posted:

I want fps boost to come to dishonoured 2 so I can finally get back to playing it

Yeah I tried playing it after Prey and it felt like absolute poo poo.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I'd just like to see a bit more about Halo (I thought it looked fine last year) and get an idea of what Starfield is even if it launches next year. Mega bonus points if Arkane Austin announces their new game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
As a PC Game Pass user, I'm focused solely on obtaining the hottest and greatest games to run on my PC in crisp 4k 120fps.

So basically I'm hoping Monster Train adds its current DLC and a surprise second DLC onto Game Pass. Game Pass on Switch would be a beautiful bonus.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

A lot of modern TVs, maybe even all of them, have independent settings for each HDMI input, and it's possible your Game Mode and relevant settings are active on your Xbox input but not on the PlayStation's input for whatever reason (might have been reset or some such).

Okay but every other PS5 game has quick input. Like zero problem with platforming on Ratchet and Clank.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
oh poo poo microsoft just told me the megaton theyll drop tomorrow
viva pinata 3

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I bought MLB The Show for Xbox One on disc yesterday. It didn’t work, so I exchanged it for another copy at target. It turns out my Xbox can’t read it. I tried five other games that I already own and I had no issues with the disc drive.

Any ideas what’s up? I tried all the troubleshooting like restarting the system and switching the power on mode that are suggested by Microsoft.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Maybe the Xbox operating system is a piece of poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

I bought MLB The Show for Xbox One on disc yesterday. It didn’t work, so I exchanged it for another copy at target. It turns out my Xbox can’t read it. I tried five other games that I already own and I had no issues with the disc drive.

Any ideas what’s up? I tried all the troubleshooting like restarting the system and switching the power on mode that are suggested by Microsoft.

I've no idea, contact microsoft support.

Also why are you buying it on disc when its on game pass?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That happened to me on ps4 with tomb raider.
Installing the game failed and created a corrupted database file that made every copy of tombraider read as "no data" in the console's drive until i rebuilt the database.

Does xbox let you do that? Maybe a factory reset would accomplish the same thing

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Barudak posted:

I've no idea, contact microsoft support.

Also why are you buying it on disc when its on game pass?

For real lol

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Not sure if it's relevant to your problem, but Rocket League runs at 120hz on Series X whereas PS5 only runs it at 60.

Edit: more info https://www.rocketleague.com/news/play-rocket-league-on-xbox-series-x--series-s--and-playstation-5/

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 13, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Another minor leak of some stuff coming to Game Pass.

https://twitter.com/ALumia_Italia/status/1403430856899825669

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

If Fallout 3 comes with an fps boost then that would be rad. Is that actually possible for 360 games?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yes, most Xbox 360 games have a FPS boost on Xbox One X, and Series X. Morrowind, and Oblivion run at 60fps and 4K.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I think Morrowind just always had the frame rate unlocked. But Oblivion has 60 fps now? Because last time I checked it didn't.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I said come in! posted:

Yes, most Xbox 360 games have a FPS boost on Xbox One X, and Series X.

No they absolutely do not. Games with unlocked frame rates will hit 60fps but not because of any code changes or what MS are calling FPS boost

I said come in! posted:

Morrowind, and Oblivion run at 60fps and 4K.

Oblivion runs at 30fps.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thom12255 posted:

Xbox better have something good to show cause E3 has sucked so far.

E3 usually always sucked outside of the console makers conferences because all the big stuff is reserved for them. Like, Square Enix can have their own conference but I want to say FF7 Remake stuff was always at a Sony event? Nobody cares about Assassin's Creed DLC enough to watch a Ubisoft conference and be excited (I am saying this having been excited at the new Mario Rabbids lol

It's actually a bit of a bummer there is no Sony E3 stuff for that reason.

But also, Elden Ring Is Real

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also, I was pretty excited for PSO2 NG and I am less excited actually playing it. Lag is unbearable, the combat is very fast and actiony but you can go like 3 combos in before something registers and suddenly you're dead. The story is very bad (I didn't expect much). Combat is fun when it works but already feels kinda samey

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Looks like a brand new game is likely going to be announced today and released first into Game Pass Ultimate.

https://twitter.com/_h0x0d_/status/1403989452846817281?s=21

quote:

The Tune Squad faces the Goon Squad in a wacky basketball beat-em-up! Back in December 2020, Xbox called all gamers, Space Jam fans and coding enthusiasts to submit their ideas for the new Space Jam: A New Legacy game available first with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

After reviewing submissions from around the world, Xbox and the Digital Eclipse development team selected the ideas and game concepts from two lucky winners, whose ideas have come to life in one of the looniest arcade style challenges around:

As part of his scheme to become an all-powerful digital force, a rogue artificial intelligence named Al-G Rhythm has trapped basketball champion and global icon LeBron James inside the Warner Bros. server.

While plotting to have his Goon Squad square off against LeBron and the Tune Squad in a high-stakes, high-tech basketball game, Al-G locks himself away in a hidden area of cyberspace.

If LeBron, Bugs Bunny, and Lola Bunny can find all three pieces of the ""Legacy Code,"" they can use it to open up Al-G's secret lair. But standing in their way is the rogue AI's robot army... and members of the Goon Squad, The Brow and White Mamba.

Put the hurt on Al-G's army in this classic 2D brawler, using collectible cards to enlist help from other Tune Squad players. Will the Tune Squad's teamwork be enough to stop Al-G Rhythm's plans?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

BoosterDuck posted:

viva pinata 3

Please don't joke about best possible thing they could do but won't.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

BoosterDuck posted:

viva pinata 3

It's going to be a Battle Royale and you're going to enjoy it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
viva pinata 3 is a f2p gacha game with tity anime ladies and six season passes a year

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Soul Glo posted:

viva pinata 3 is a f2p gacha game with tity anime ladies and six season passes a year

Oh it’s coming to Switch???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Soul Glo posted:

So Something Awful GOTY 2021?