Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Haifisch posted:

Just lol if you don't have your house servants power wash the food residue off each individual dish/utensil before autoclaving them.

Autoclaves that fit more than one servant are so expensive, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Cow tools. Adult division.

That is way more disturbing than cow tools.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (June 15, 1974)

If the cat press was a little more organized in the 1970s, Snoopy would have more to worry about than neighbors.

(In other news, I've been practicing my doodling again. My apologies if I made it too wholesome.)

Harry Dinkle, Sex God

Ennuishaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (January 12, 1936)

Out Our Way (October 19-21, 1936)

Today left me a tiny bit wiped out, but you still get Blondie From Zero (September 18-20, 1930)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

If the cat press was a little more organized in the 1970s, Snoopy would have more to worry about than neighbors.

(In other news, I've been practicing my doodling again. My apologies if I made it too wholesome.)
You gotta tweet this to Georgia Dunn.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Bibliotechno Music posted:

It absolutely flows just right. It’s been so cool to see how puns and jokes translate organically in this thread. AFAIK, this is the only place that a LOT of non-anglophone strips are available in English.

E: YES this is my 1000th post, can’t think of a better thread for it to be in. If it was in the r/relationships thread I don’t know what I would’ve done to relieve my personal shame.

That's good, it's way too easy to go english-blind when you're suddenly (over)thinking about what you're trying to say.
And yeah, I very much agree. I can't really see other sites being capable of sustaining a lot of people posting and archiving like this either, all too many terrible web 2.0 sites like reddit and etc aren't built for long term, sequential posting/archiving like good ol' lovely SA is.

We've been at it for over a decade, and I hope we'll still be at it in a decade. I'm surprised at how consistently new, wonderful strips keep popping up honestly.
(It's just such a shame archiving is often terrible in various countries, if we had something like gocomic here in Norway I'd happily post more things like M and other niche strips, but it's just difficult to source them consistently besides buying and scanning them all by hand.)
(I'm honestly curious how M would be received in the current thread, as a lot of people may have grown out of monkeycheese and 'nerd reference = humor'. But I'm tempted to pick up the 'first years' book and start posting that. I remember it was quite liked in the thread.... a decade ago?)
e: I guess we'll find out.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 13, 2021

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

Is Tiff really going to have to eat the blame for that breakup? Because I read those strips and the responsibility for that breakup was all down to Bets and Gunther. Mostly Bets (Greg and Karen were determined to make her a monster in that storyline).

A relationship that can't survive one dinner not going as planned isn't much of a relationship.

I don't know if they'll outright blame Tiff for the breakup, but I can buy Team Evans making it so that people like Mordock999 will point fingers and blame her for it anyway.

SubNat posted:

Moomin winter

Honestly, just do a Lynn and chuck him out into a snowbank, save yourself some hassle.

Well this certainly took a turn for the :smith:.

EasyEW posted:

Hey, this is pretty good. I agree with Johnny Walker that you should tweet this to Olivia Dunn.

EasyEW posted:

Harry Dinkle, Sex God

So does the smirk stay on or off in bed?

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

amigolupus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lgpOdRXXu0

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

amigolupus posted:

I don't know if they'll outright blame Tiff for the breakup, but I can buy Team Evans making it so that people like Mordock999 will point fingers and blame her for it anyway.

I think Mordock ships Tiff and Gunt, so He's probably pretty happy about the possibility of the guilt throwing Tiffany into Gunther's arms.

Actually, let me look...

Well, that was gross.

Anyway, we're both right, but in the game of guessing Mordock's take on Luann there are no winners, only losers.

And I feel compelled to point out that Tiff didn't go along with the pirate dinner, nor did she pretend she was going to. She said straight out "I'm not doing the pirate poo poo, we're doing classy romantic." Bets tried to steamroll her and it didn't work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh wow! I know a few of their songs but would never have put that together. Totally makes sense with Walt’s Moby Grape comment from yesterday, along with some other hardcore hippie references that will come along later in the strip.

It's interesting to see this since they've (along with Curtis) made his childhood appropriate for his age today, so instead of being a hippie, modern Zits Dad is a Gen Xer.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

In other news, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago has a new exhibit opening next week! Chicago Comics 1960s to Now. Featured will be Nicole Hollander, Linda Barry (who I might start posting once I’ve got Sylvia all squared away), Chester Gould, Dale Messick, our beloved Morrie Turner, and a bunch of underground comix and magazine cartoonists I’m excited to learn more about. The MCA also has the majority of the archives (and a lot of the original office, they recreated it for an installation some years back!) of the Chicago Defender, so I’m hoping some rare and/or obscure and enlightening Black cartooning history will be featured. If anyone else lives in the Chicago area, or plans on visiting, or wants to visit, it’s running all summer! And please let me know if you do, comics pals :D
I'm jealous of anyone who can make it out to this show. I'm sure they'll have great stuff from Morrie and the Defender, but Jackie Ormes is listed there - so I'm thinking they'll have some Torchy Brown:

And Miss Yummy Dummy of 1947:

And hopefully one of the remaining Patty-Jo dolls:

If you can get over there, it'll be well worth it.

And He Did! (June 24, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (August 7, 1918)

Banana Oil! (April 23, 1924)

Gay and Her Gang (July 29, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (December 30, 1935)

One of my favorite panels:

Mopsy (February 27, 1937)

Dark Laughter (March 30, 1946)

Those Were the Days (October 8, 1953)

Wee Pals (September 18, 1965)

Dogbert December 27, 1965

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

amigolupus posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Agreed with what everyone else said.

Dinky Dinkerton, Flyin' Jenny, and The Red Knight Dec. 3rd, 1940

Who the gently caress are you, you look like you're 13.

Mad Max Axa

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

catlord posted:

Mad Max Axa

Sorry Matt, you're about to be traded in for a dude with a car.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: miscellanea week (November 19-25, 2001)

I get that there's no other place she could possibly fit, but are you really making Elanor, an old lady, live at the very top of the house, up several flights of stairs?

Modern Kevin & Kell

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Cruel Little Stories

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Narrow escape for that squire.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
This update from Berkeley Breathed's Facebook might be of interest to this crowd:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

EasyEW posted:

I mean, it's no EasyEW, but here's today's Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Oh, that is sweet.

Curtis

This is a new one for the "comics characters don't know how to hold phones" category!

Also, has anyone else been going and reading old threads now that Waffle is somewhat back? It's very interesting how tastes/attitudes changed, both with the passage of time and the switch to BSS. Yeah, there's stuff like how everyone kinda liked One Big Happy and disliked F Minus back in 2007, but also HOOO BOY did this thread love hurling around some casual slurs around that time, too.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (September 29, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (September 29, 1999)

Garfield Classic (September 29, 1989)

Pastry of the Year fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 13, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "86 - Jucika, The Genuine Autumn Model" NSFW Topless and a near full frontal

"First Panel: "Autumn Sale""
"Second Panel: "Movie: The Creation Of The Earth""

"Jucika and the Accuracy Landing"

"Cél = target (Célra = on target), Ugrás = to jump. So "Célraugrás" is literally "to jump onto a target""

Passes with flying colors imo. :patriot:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 13, 2021

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (October 8, 1953)

file photo of art berman

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

EBB posted:

file photo of art berman

Lol but also someone did post a real pic earlier and it's 100% clear he envisions himself as the smiling patriarchal figure with a pipe from the good old days

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Shugojin posted:

Lol but also someone did post a real pic earlier and it's 100% clear he envisions himself as the smiling patriarchal figure with a pipe from the good old days

Wait really? Repost this, I must have missed it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vargo posted:

Also, has anyone else been going and reading old threads now that Waffle is somewhat back? It's very interesting how tastes/attitudes changed, both with the passage of time and the switch to BSS. Yeah, there's stuff like how everyone kinda liked One Big Happy and disliked F Minus back in 2007, but also HOOO BOY did this thread love hurling around some casual slurs around that time, too.

IIRC, F Minus was like Tinkersons in that it started out pretty bad and became brilliant once it found its stride.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Oh, that is sweet.
I know this gets said a lot, but man Wallace is such a good comic.

The Dinette Set isn't worth listening to.

Working Daze does a crossover with Zakour's other comic.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix raises some questions.

Cul De Sac has to happen sooner or later.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946 - Just two more strips after this about the subject of DANCING!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/12/01

Brenda Starr 8/29-31/46

Guest hat designer: Bill Holman.

Smokey Stover 9/7/47

Richard's Poor Almanac

Deathless Deer 6/14-16/43

So now we're retooling the strip as a sitcom.

"Deery, you got some 'splainin to do!"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

FoxTrot

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Johnny Walker posted:

You gotta tweet this to Georgia Dunn.

Did that last night. I'd say it went well.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (November 27, 1993)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Vargo posted:

Yeah, thank God things have changed around here.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Selachian posted:

So now we're retooling the strip as a sitcom.

"Deery, you got some 'splainin to do!"
Ripping off the Stooges. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYeYYMYq1WU&t=652s

Tsk.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcorm

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

e: gently caress you, Stuart

The Dinette Set fears new technology.

Working Daze whatever.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is the best kind of correct!

Cul De Sac saves the best for last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 7/12/01

That Ray Bourque Avs jersey is incredibly niche.