Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

the sex ghost posted:

This ref must be a Leeds fan, only blowing up for attempted decapitations. Big fan of him

He's come through a timewarp from the 1970 FA Cup Final replay. Decapitations get waved play on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Trippier killing left sided attacks by stopping and cutting inside on his right whomst could have foreseen this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Alexeythegreat posted:

How dare the Sun put itself in the way of the glorious homecoming
You'd think the Sun, if anything, would be doing everything in its power to ensure a glorious homecoming.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why the hell

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Besides that one Vrsaljko cross the Croats have put in some truly dire balls so far

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao at whinging about the heat as if 78 degrees Fahrenheit was unseemly, the English are soft

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lmao

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Some good pepball by Walker there

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bundy posted:

Trippier killing left sided attacks by stopping and cutting inside on his right whomst could have foreseen this

gareth is obsessed with having a left-footed center back to the point of playing known garbageman mings- why not a left-footed left back also??

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

This game got real dull after 20 minutes

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug
lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciprian Maricon posted:

lmao at whinging about the heat as if 78 degrees Fahrenheit was unseemly, the English are soft

whats that in real numbers?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

paddyboat posted:

Euro 2020 Hack:

Steal a table cloth from your favorite cheesy Italian restaurant. Cut a hole in it, put it over you head, and bam, free Croatia kit.

Nike hates this one weird trick

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Backdoor Delivery posted:

gareth is obsessed with having a left-footed center back to the point of playing known garbageman mings- why not a left-footed left back also??

Should have taken the best in form English left back to the tournament I wonder why he didn't

e: what the hell he's on the bench

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This game is poo poo, football's dead

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

25C

It’s not very hot

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Croatia are starting to Assert Themselves On The Game and I do not like it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
first 20 odd minutes were rapid, was worried for Croatia, they were really taking chances passing it in their own half

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

no trial

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

this is a pish game lads

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Commentators saying a high tempo pressing game isn't possible for 90 minutes and I'm waiting for the glass to shatter and bielsa to open a can of whoop rear end

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bundy posted:

Should have taken the best in form English left back to the tournament I wonder why he didn't

e: what the hell he's on the bench

Aaron Cresswell isn’t on the bench though

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I hope jordon pickford gets heatstroke, and has to go sit in the shade with the croat fans

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Instead of putting Trippier on the left, maybe Gareth should have just put him on the right

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

peanut- posted:

Croatia are starting to Assert Themselves On The Game and I do not like it

Every dubious floaty ball into the box is making me do noises like I stubbed my toe on the doorframe

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
kyle lolker

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Who could have guessed that England’s fullbacks would be incredibly poo poo, if only someone had thought of this beforehand

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
All these right backs and we start Walker

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

fridge corn posted:

England doing the usual thing of looking fantastic for the first 20 minutes only to fold over for the rest of the match

definitely NOT emptyquote

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
as a scotsman i was getting worried for Friday watching this

was

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

Instead of putting Trippier on the left, maybe Gareth should have just put him on the right

I don't think he's allowed to do that. I can't think of any other reason at least.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

vyelkin posted:

sterling is never as good a finisher when he doesnt have de bruyne setting up five tap-ins a game

You’d think Southgate hasn’t watched him play this season at all. The exact opposite of what we need in a tournament.

Vintersorg posted:

Gonna adjust the earth for some brits

The issue is playing footie at 2pm. All matches at 3pm simultaneously, gently caress the yanks.

Bundy posted:

Yup. I feel like both our RB and LB shouldn’t have been in the top 2 choices for their position. Playing trips out of position is bonkers.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

England have stopped looking competent

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yesterday really put things into perspective. Fouls will now only be called if they cause medical emergencies.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Love this ref, he just only wants blood drawn

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Drunk Canuck posted:

England have stopped looking competent

amazing analysis from 1968 bahaha

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
there's no way Pep will every play Walker again if he sees his touches and passes from this game

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm enjoying Phillips playing every position on the pitch at once but it's not going to end well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

this match is loving poo poo