Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If the next CoD is WW2 then I'll be skipping that as well, making it 3 years since I've bought one if the 2022 game interests me at all. Maybe they're making bank on skins and stuff, but I don't have any incentive to play WZ when it's the same old (or older) poo poo. Do LTMs or make a new map and rotate it, anything. I can play Apex for free too, and while it's not quite the same feel at least you have a couple maps to cycle through and new operators with new abilities every season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i think they've either announced, or it was a leak, that the next battlefield game is near future.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Battlefield One is possibly my all-time favorite shooter. Everything (with possibly the exception of the Heavy Bomber plane) feels meticulously balanced. Snipers aren't automatic God Mode. All the guns feel very unique and have their own characteristics and point of aim. If you like WWI/WWII shooters, it's loving grand.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I should really check out Apex again they have added a lot in since last I played. They do need a plunder style mode though, I get too stressed out by battle royales!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

I should really check out Apex again they have added a lot in since last I played. They do need a plunder style mode though, I get too stressed out by battle royales!

I really wanted to get into Apex but the lack of cross platform progression of any kind kills it for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Firestorm was a disaster but it had a ton of potential. Great map, looked great, the fire was insane. the coolest BR circle.

However waiting 15 minutes between rounds was not cool. People being able to rage quit while downed and the game not giving you credit for the kill or their loot was game ruiningly uncool.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Laserface posted:

Completely and totally avoidable if they didn't do the laziest attempt at games as a service in the history of forever.

Lol look at this guy who didn't play BFV

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I played a lot of BFV.

It was very, very bad.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

Lol look at this guy who didn't play BFV

I've been playing it recently and it's ok.

Cod scratches a certain itch that bf doesn't and vice versa.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Captain Log posted:

Battlefield One is possibly my all-time favorite shooter. Everything (with possibly the exception of the Heavy Bomber plane) feels meticulously balanced. Snipers aren't automatic God Mode. All the guns feel very unique and have their own characteristics and point of aim. If you like WWI/WWII shooters, it's loving grand.

Absolutely. Every few months I dive back in and play some Operations mode. I enjoy tank combat so the variety of tanks plus the variety of load outs keeps me coming back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the versatility of battlefield sets it apart. There’s so many different roles you can take. It’s totally possible to be the MVP of a match without shooting a bullet.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Had a very bizarre game earlier today. Literally everyone but us left at some point and all our internets were reporting as fine so who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xmHvh_LILY

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

RCarr posted:

Yea the versatility of battlefield sets it apart. There’s so many different roles you can take. It’s totally possible to be the MVP of a match without shooting a bullet.

I almost always placed top three out of full sixty plus person games with negative K/Ds. Except in BF1, where I actually became pretty proficient. My BF1 peak was one of the sharpest time for my FPS reflexes in adulthood.

I do miss being able to beast mode Halo Two tournaments. If any of you are young and rolling your eyes at people who just need to get gud, I God damned promise you that reflexes will eventually leave. Sure, your superior knowledge about when and how to engage will still be there, but you'll get outshot by everyone in a draw down.

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is why I play HC. I can still flick but I can't track anymore for poo poo.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Did they change scopes in that last update? Feels like the ADS view isn't zoomed into sight as much anymore and the reticles all look smaller.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, they reworked the view distance on the CW 3x and 4x and susat scopes.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Wow, anything to make them terrible vs. the MW guns, huh? I can understand changing the multizoom ones but the 3x is just stupid.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
For ARs it's an improvement because it lowers visual recoil, and puts them in line with the MW optics.

It was a definite nerf for the snipers but for balance the 3x was too good on those.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Gordon Shumway posted:

Wow, anything to make them terrible vs. the MW guns, huh? I can understand changing the multizoom ones but the 3x is just stupid.

They are now just clones of the MW guns. The Axial 3x is the same zoom as the VLK, the 4x is more like a cronen. The only silly thing is the 4x has glint on snipers.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Gordon Shumway posted:

This is amusing as most of the Internet think they do everything to make the cold War guns better than mw ones to sell skins

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

This is amusing as most of the Internet think they do everything to make the cold War guns better than mw ones to sell skins

The fact that skins are still only in like $20 bundles is still ridiculous, especially given the pass barely gives any points past the 1k for next season.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
1. Do you play Call of Duty: Zonewar?
2. Do you like to play with Goons?
3. Do you like getting wins?

And finally...
4. Can you manage to suppress broadcasting a stream of verbal diarrhoea for just a few minutes?
(No, really. We have enough of those already.)

Then come play Warzone with the Warzone goons! It’s actually a very chill & friendly crowd, and we can help people who haven’t played before get lethal pretty quickly with minimal oversight.
https://discord.gg/KBdcRwTY3N (Fixed!)

Special request: If you’re playing in APAC, you get to play with everyone’s favourite* goon and forum superstar**, Shockeh! I’m lonely in the evenings.

*May in fact be a lie.
**See previous.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 10, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

They just aren't very good at balancing guns for Warzone mystery solved.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shockeh posted:

1. Do you play Call of Duty: Zonewar?
2. Do you like to play with Goons?
3. Do you like getting wins?

And finally...
4. Can you manage to suppress broadcasting a stream of verbal diarrhoea for just a few minutes?
(No, really. We have enough of those already.)

Then come play Warzone with the Warzone goons! It’s actually a very chill & friendly crowd, and we can help people who haven’t played before get lethal pretty quickly with minimal oversight.
https://discord.gg/7HVgdAVVfvV

Special request: If you’re playing in APAC, you get to play with everyone’s favourite* goon and forum superstar**, Shockeh! I’m lonely in the evenings.

*May in fact be a lie.
**See previous.

Link is expired btw

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

MarcusSA posted:

Link is expired btw

Fixed!

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Does MW still exist as a separate app on the Xbox, or is it completely bundled up with Warzone now? I just turned on my Xbox for the first time in a while after switching to PC, installed WZ and BOCW, but it looks like MW had disappeared from my account. It only gives me the option to purchase it in the store. I opened WZ and it’s having me download the MP pack for MW. Is MW just a part of Warzone now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pkells posted:

Does MW still exist as a separate app on the Xbox, or is it completely bundled up with Warzone now? I just turned on my Xbox for the first time in a while after switching to PC, installed WZ and BOCW, but it looks like MW had disappeared from my account. It only gives me the option to purchase it in the store. I opened WZ and it’s having me download the MP pack for MW. Is MW just a part of Warzone now?

It’s a good drat mess is what it is.

I had to download and redownload a million things to get the MP to work.

It’s all bundled together but there are separate parts and it sucks.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

pkells posted:

Who the hell knows man. Just try to get it to work, good luck

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Xbox MW is still doing that cool thing where it says 'match started. loading level' at the top of the lobby and then never loading me into the game.

can basically only play shoot the ship which while fun is also a bit boring given the age of the game.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Laserface posted:

Xbox MW is still doing that cool thing where it says 'match started. loading level' at the top of the lobby and then never loading me into the game.

can basically only play shoot the ship which while fun is also a bit boring given the age of the game.

Same. Shoot the Ship is the only levels that will load for me. But I only play a little bit each night, so I can never get myself to bother redownloading a quarter TB to fix the problem.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After that new Battlefield trailer I hope I get to go back to being a battlefield guy now. Please be good 2042 I'm sick of COD.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Captain Log posted:

Same. Shoot the Ship is the only levels that will load for me. But I only play a little bit each night, so I can never get myself to bother redownloading a quarter TB to fix the problem.

I have a 250mbit fibre connection so I did re-download everything except the base game install.

There is *still* two "modern warfare Multiplayer pack 2" packs listed in my available game add-ons page, one 22GB and one 9GB (the 9GB one seems to be the useless one, everything works without it.

I played a few rounds of drop zone earlier and it loaded Vacant and Picadilly fine so I think i may have fixed it.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Do they ever do free weekends anymore? I've only seen free black ops weekends, and after using some cod points to unlock a Ram-7, I'm pissed finding out I can't edit attachments without unlocking it first, which in warzone would take absolutely forever. Couldn't find anything online except for February of this year.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Not only do you not get free weekends, they've reduced the amount of xp you get by 20% in modern warfare.

Used to be 100 xp for a kill or 110 with battle pass boost

Now it's 80, and I'm not paying for a battle pass that has zero MW gear so I don't know if it still boosts your xp in mw or not.

Cool!

Laserface fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 13, 2021

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Laserface posted:

Not only do you not get free weekends, they've reduced the amount of xp you get by 20% in modern warfare.

Used to be 100 xp for a kill or 110 with battle pass boost

Now it's 80, and I'm not paying for a battle pass that has zero MW gear so I don't know if it still boosts your xp in mw or not.

Cool!

Oh, guess there's no way to unlock the good guns then without dropping $60 on a 2 year old game. After playing an hour of plunder and getting zero progress, either you die before hitting the ground, die before you can finish the kill on a downed enemy, or they quickly kill themselves before you can get the headshot when you aren't in immediate danger. Cool.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Plunder supply runs are a pretty good way to level, even solo. Pop a double xp token and you can grind out 7+ in a game if you have a vehicle.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fenarisk posted:

Oh, guess there's no way to unlock the good guns then without dropping $60 on a 2 year old game. After playing an hour of plunder and getting zero progress, either you die before hitting the ground, die before you can finish the kill on a downed enemy, or they quickly kill themselves before you can get the headshot when you aren't in immediate danger. Cool.

Just drop storage. You can unlock whatever.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

After that new Battlefield trailer I hope I get to go back to being a battlefield guy now. Please be good 2042 I'm sick of COD.

Yea it looked really good. I can’t wait to play Battlefield again. I miss actually having a shitload of weapons that you can actually use instead of having no chance unless you use one of the 2 or 3 meta flavor of the week guns.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 13, 2021

tjones
May 13, 2005

Laserface posted:

There is *still* two "modern warfare Multiplayer pack 2" packs listed in my available game add-ons page, one 22GB and one 9GB (the 9GB one seems to be the useless one, everything works without it.

Thanks for this tip. Due to playing only SND and HP the map pool in queue was slim to none with the infinite loading bug. I deleted the MP2 pack and so far I've yet to encounter a map that failed to load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

tjones posted:

Thanks for this tip. Due to playing only SND and HP the map pool in queue was slim to none with the infinite loading bug. I deleted the MP2 pack and so far I've yet to encounter a map that failed to load.

It didn't fix anything for me in the end, however I'm yet to try solo play without any other Xbox players in my party.

Shoot the ship works fine as it's two maps, but I've noticed Hill in gunfight mode didn't load the other day when I played with my friend.