Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

imagine being randomly teleported across town whenever someone went home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
So is there a size limit on furniture villagers will
Display in their home? Hazel’s house has basically no furniture but a folding chair and I hate it. I want to gift her furniture. Any size constraints or a certain number of things they will display at a time that were gifted?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

yippeekiyaymf posted:

So is there a size limit on furniture villagers will
Display in their home? Hazel’s house has basically no furniture but a folding chair and I hate it. I want to gift her furniture. Any size constraints or a certain number of things they will display at a time that were gifted?
I believe they have certain "slots," preset in each house. So like their layout can't change that much, but you can replace furniture with furniture of the same size.

If the house is largely empty there's a good chance there's some empty slots, but they're probably 1x2, tops. I've actually not successfully ever gotten someone to even replace a 2x2 item myself. I think some furniture is harder to replace than others. But I've seen people having replaced Ankha's 3x3 pyramid with a giant robot.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Furniture is awkward. Each house has a couple of empty spots where they'll display small things you give them, usually clothes or bugs/fish, and there's a chance when you give them furniture that they'll replace a piece of furniture the same size but it's not guaranteed. They won't put out a bed unless it's replacing an existing one, and they won't put out rugs.

http://nookstop.ssmvc.org/house.html?id=

This has a map of each villager house. Looking at Hazel she has two display slots, a chair slot (so she might replace her folding chair with another chair, but only chairs can go in that spot), and in theory anything else could be replaced by other furniture the same size that isn't tagged with a specific role.

If you look at some of the other houses you'll see some things are labelled 'fixed', and they won't ever get rid of those. It also shows where they'll put out a crafting bench if they don't have one all the time.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
A few months after I started, I visited Diva (one of my first two villagers) and noticed that she still only had a sleeping bag instead of a bed. So I went and made a bed for her and gave it to her.

Next time I visited her house, I saw she had put out the bed... but also still had the sleeping bag out.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yeah, the starter houses for the early villagers are a battle. Mac did the exact same thing with his sleeping bag and the bed I gave him. I did manage to get him to replace the table, but when I gave him the matching chair he just put it next to the basic wooden one.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Opening Numenor for a few things:

- turnips for purchase at 95.

- free DIY and museum pieces on the beach in front of Nook’s (might be fake, might be real, idk).

Asking for two DIY: a Cosmos Crown (the simple one), and Leaf Mask. If you have please leave by the Hourly Motel.

Thank you to the generous person(s) who left the DIY AND a bunch of gifts! I am very grateful! I will stay open until 12 PST for the nips!

Dodo Code: Closed

Edit: I would like to thank the anonymous benefactor(s) who left not only the DIY, but the two museum pieces I was missing along with a shitload of customization kits! That was beyond generous of you and I’m so grateful to be done both the DIY and the museum!

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 13, 2021

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Black Robe posted:

Furniture is awkward. Each house has a couple of empty spots where they'll display small things you give them, usually clothes or bugs/fish, and there's a chance when you give them furniture that they'll replace a piece of furniture the same size but it's not guaranteed. They won't put out a bed unless it's replacing an existing one, and they won't put out rugs.

http://nookstop.ssmvc.org/house.html?id=

This has a map of each villager house. Looking at Hazel she has two display slots, a chair slot (so she might replace her folding chair with another chair, but only chairs can go in that spot), and in theory anything else could be replaced by other furniture the same size that isn't tagged with a specific role.

If you look at some of the other houses you'll see some things are labelled 'fixed', and they won't ever get rid of those. It also shows where they'll put out a crafting bench if they don't have one all the time.

This is great. Thank you.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

I cannot find this answer online. Are bagworms a fixed spawn? Like wasps are only 5 a day. Or can you keep shaking the same trees and they will respawn?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I cannot find this answer online. Are bagworms a fixed spawn? Like wasps are only 5 a day. Or can you keep shaking the same trees and they will respawn?

You get one bagworm tree a day.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
This evening I zoned out while renovating an area around a bridge and I somehow ended up with a Kurosawa film. I love this game.

(Sound)
https://i.imgur.com/o79KchP.mp4

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 15, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Northern Hemisphere summer solstice items in the seasonal tab - Sunflower Crown and Sunflower Rug

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Black Robe posted:

Northern Hemisphere summer solstice items in the seasonal tab - Sunflower Crown and Sunflower Rug

They were my very first Nook special orders! I love the sunflower crown so much. I'm stocking up so I can just keep gifting them!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Hobo Clown posted:

Stinky remembered me :unsmith:

I'm late telling you how adorable this is, but this morning he greeted me by telling me you bought him the shirt he was wearing!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

IkeTurner posted:

This evening I zoned out while renovating an area around a bridge and I somehow ended up with a Kurosawa film. I love this game.

(Sound)
https://i.imgur.com/o79KchP.mp4

this is sick. definitely stealing your waterfall design.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nintendo hates us :negative:

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

The E3 “announcements” were really lackluster.

Also they need to add more items to the Nook Link points redemption.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They do give us some good games, but you're also not wrong. I do seriously believe they hate us. But I also can't say I blame them, I mean look at us?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Brewster... :smith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I was hoping there was at least a "And more content expansion coming this year for ACNH" and even just leave it at that. But not even that at all. :sigh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I figured the Animal Crossing team has moved on because they are working on Splatoon 3.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pretty much, but that doesn't mean that they don't have things in the pipe that have been completed and just need to be released.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If they had stuff in the pipeline, seems like this would’ve been a good time to announce them!

I think they’ll add more stuff but pretty much all they’ve done so far is new items you can order from Nook Shopping which is boring. I’d be shocked if they added new features at this point.

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."
Speaking of stuff, given how many more items are in New Leaf, is it worth the play? I love the interior decorating mode in New Horizons, but lord I could do with more stuff.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

I wonder if they will introduce the ability to have sea creature models made.

Also more house expansions please.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

eternalvictory posted:

Speaking of stuff, given how many more items are in New Leaf, is it worth the play? I love the interior decorating mode in New Horizons, but lord I could do with more stuff.

The storage system in New Leaf isn’t as good as New Horizons (WAY less space and no preview image, just the inventory image), and you have to manually place everything, so it’s a little bit more tedious. But there are TONS of different furniture items to play around with, so if those factors aren’t an issue for you, def play around with it!

I tried to go back to New Leaf for a bit, but the Switch has spoiled me. The DS screen is so small! How did I even do anything!!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Redd is back with real Scary painting and real Dynamic painting as well as a fake Valiant statue. He's also got refrigerators in white and monstera plants in blue planters. Warp pipe is available for your convenience.

CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables. Turnip prices are garbage. Still plenty of DIYs and other items available on the ground. Take some flowers, fruit and pumpkins if you need them.

I'll be AFK in my house because of the mosquitoes in the game.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 17, 2021

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

eternalvictory posted:

Consider Happy Home Designer if you like the convenience of New Horizons, and the catalog of New Leaf. It's pretty fun for what it is, if you like just designing homes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SilentChaz posted:

Redd is back with real Scary painting and real Dynamic painting as well as a fake Valiant statue. He's also got refrigerators in white and monstera plants in blue planters. Warp pipe is available for your convenience.

Code in PGS

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables. Turnip prices are garbage. Still plenty of DIYs and other items available on the ground. Take some flowers, fruit and pumpkins if you need them.

I'll be AFK in my house because of the mosquitoes in the game.

Charles posted:

I grabbed the dynamic painting, thank you!
edit: Fang is giving away the recipe for wild wood wall, if anybody needs it.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 17, 2021

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
My only friend is a lion that pumps iron, shredded.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Is it bad that one of the only things preventing me from buying a second switch right now solely to play animal crossing again are the switch pro rumors :shepspends:

nintendo why couldn't you just let us have multiple islands, i had multiple GCN memory cards for this exact reason

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Blaziken386 posted:

Is it bad that one of the only things preventing me from buying a second switch right now solely to play animal crossing again are the switch pro rumors :shepspends:

nintendo why couldn't you just let us have multiple islands, i had multiple GCN memory cards for this exact reason

I'm in the same boat, I'm waiting for some concrete info about the Pro so I can decide if I want to save for that or just grab a regular Switch. Mainly just for a second AC island. Though also because right now I only have a Lite and some of my other games would look better on a TV screen.

So far all I've seen about the Pro is that it'll support 4k, which I don't give a gently caress about.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Today Le BonZone is celebrating longtime resident Tangy's birthday!

Dodo Code here

Tangy, and her bestie Flora, have been a welcome source of unrelenting bubbling positivity in some troubling times, so today I want to give back.

Come and party and shower her with presents!

Of course we are still decorated for Pride Month, so after you visit Tangy you can swing by the Event Plaza and dance dance dance! It's currently pouring rain on the island but don't let that stop you! Also check out the Pride Garden behind resident services and enjoy the Trans Pride themed flowers throughout the island. Nick's Surf and SCUBA partners with Trans Pride Cola. Their vending machine is found at the pool, and various merch can be found at Nick's alongside official Le BonZone merch. Stop by Abel Sisters if you would like an official Le BonZone hat or t-shirt to take home.

Buy anything you like from the shops, help yourself to fruit and pumpkins. Just don't pick any flowers and leave the money trees alone.

PAAAAAAAAAAARTY!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Turnips are selling at 443 Bells today on Fiorina!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 17, 2021

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Eiba posted:

Consider Happy Home Designer if you like the convenience of New Horizons, and the catalog of New Leaf. It's pretty fun for what it is, if you like just designing homes.

Ohhhhh mmmyyyy!! Whaat? I had no clue this game existed, it sounds amazing! Why did I ever sell my DS..? It’s too bad it lacks the addictive tick of finding new items and see how you can it mesh with the rest of your furniture, but apparently New Leaf could fill that role. Im alright with the QOL tedium of placing objects manually, but yeah, having such a smaller inventory will be killer.

Thanks, you two!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Can confirm HHD is good fun. Meanwhile I've seriously considered buying a switch lite to play Pokemon on because I don't want to take the Animal Crossing cart out of my machine ever.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

eternalvictory posted:

Ohhhhh mmmyyyy!! Whaat? I had no clue this game existed, it sounds amazing! Why did I ever sell my DS..? It’s too bad it lacks the addictive tick of finding new items and see how you can it mesh with the rest of your furniture, but apparently New Leaf could fill that role. Im alright with the QOL tedium of placing objects manually, but yeah, having such a smaller inventory will be killer.

Thanks, you two!
Oh, Happy Home Designer does have that feel. You start with access to a small batch of furniture, and whenever you do a new house it gives you access to new furniture that might fit the requested theme. Villagers have different requests and you can chose which to do strategically. You want more cute foods? Talk to a villager who wants a restaurant themed house. You can go back to old builds and update them with new furniture, I think. There are also some central civic buildings, like a cafe and a school that you might want to go back to and update when you get new furniture from requests.

So it doesn't have the longevity or piecemeal excitement of collecting furniture one at a time, but it's definitely conscious of the various elements that make getting stuff in Animal Crossing feel good.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Dodo: 10RSX

Made 620k bells, thank you!!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Dodo: 10RSX

literally used up my one 7-day trial to escape my island's crappy dwindling turnip prices and made 1,200,000 bells! thanks a lot!

i also snagged apples and oranges, hope that was alright!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Doug Bowser talked a bit about New Horizons when speaking to the Verge.

Nintendo President Bowser posted:

He also adds that, despite its absence from the company’s E3 presentation, New Horizons remains a big part of Nintendo’s future. “While we didn’t talk about it [during the E3 Nintendo Direct], we absolutely have plans going forward to ensure the 33 million people who have islands out there have new and fun activities to engage with,” Bowser says. “Look for more to come.”