Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'll always show up for an Arkane game, but has the Austin studio made anything yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Free F-18 super hornet for MSFS is pretty cool. No combat obviously but that's what DCS is for.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

A solid 5/10 conference.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Being honest, that was a really good conference.

A lot of the games looked very nice with Forza, STALKER 2, and Atomic Heart being the standouts.

They fixed up Halo: Infinite and if they play their cards right the free multiplayer could be a HUGE win for them. Sea of Thieves may not be a hit with goons but it's one of Microsoft's biggest games and Pirates of the Caribbean must be a dream for them.

But the real winner in all of this was GamePass. Pretty much every game shown was announced to be on Gamepass Day One. Also other surprise titles coming to Gamepass like Hades and Yakuza 7.

I will say that things aren't perfect. Microsoft's catalog still isn't that diverse, specifically if you are into Japanese, Asian, and "retro" type games. But if these genres are those that appeal to you I'd say this was a pretty good conference.

Yeah that was easily the best conference so far imo, and a big part of it is that I can go 'yeah I don't think there's any way I'll buy that, but why not try it on gamepass?'

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It's a shame that only one major release with zero info can be shown a year and that this year it was Elden Ring

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Real excited for Battlefield and Forza. I'll definitely give the Halo Infinite MP a try as well.

Pretty good conference all things considered. I was expecting much worse :thumbsup:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
FINALLY somewhere where I can store my GAMER FUEL

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

I'll always show up for an Arkane game, but has the Austin studio made anything yet?

That is the Austin studio making that AFAIK.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
That fridge is very ugly

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Ever notice how much western devs love giving black women afros

I have noticed that this is like the fifth or sixth game so far with a black woman character with an afro

I don't know whether I should like the fact that there actually putting black women PCs into games, or whether I should hate this particular type of tokenism / fetishism

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I hope stalker is real good

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

That was pretty good over all tbh. A lot of games, some of them even looked good

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
WHY DID THEY CUT OUT THE FRIDGE AD?!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

oh wow lol. Is there anything on after this? I turned it on at the racing game. can't believe how good the graphics are.

the best part about how good Forza looks is it always runs really well too

squeenix is in 45 min, but I don't think they're bringing anything final fantasy related, so uhhhh marvel game?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it was a pretty great showcase ... for pc gamers!! :sickos:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

oh wow lol. Is there anything on after this? I turned it on at the racing game. can't believe how good the graphics are.

Square-Enix is having a show in 45 minutes.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Oh cool it just started I guess.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Orv posted:

That is the Austin studio making that AFAIK.

Yeah, I know, but is this their first game or do they have a proven track record is what I'm wondering.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excited for the Ascent. As long as Halo Infinite multiplayer, and Forza Horizon 5 come out this year (always expecting delays), it'll be a good fall for Xbox for me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I can't tell if you are joking or not, because I remember a while were people really cracked the code on rendering fur and suddenly there was a decent amount of Not Star Fox furry poo poo being made

I'm not joking, this happens with every new piece of tech. Colored lighting. Bump/normal mapping. Ragdoll physics. Tone mapping (remember the late-2000s Brown Era?). Raytraced reflections. Volumetric fog. And yeah, fur and hair

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

Indeed. My RTX 3070 is ready for BF and Forza :agesilaus:

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I'm still on windows 7 with no plans to switch so I really need them to announce gamepass streaming on the ps5 and I'll be set.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

raditts posted:

I have noticed that this is like the fifth or sixth game so far with a black woman character with an afro

I don't know whether I should like the fact that there actually putting black women PCs into games, or whether I should hate this particular type of tokenism / fetishism

Yeah, obviously more diverse characters are a good thing but I’m starting to get corporate vibes from a lot of it.

All Square needs to do is announce Chrono Trigger for Switch and I’ll put it a notch above this Xbox one.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mordja posted:

i thought they led on prey

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

Yeah, I know, but is this their first game or do they have a proven track record is what I'm wondering.

They did Prey, didn't they?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Like last year this was mostly "Gamepass is scary" which is fine. Most of those games look fun enough to try out because I already subscribe, and there were some real standouts like STALKER 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anywho, I am going to play Yakuza Like a Dragon today

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Aw man, I just went back and watched the Neo-Suikoden game because I missed that one during the presentation and it looks ugly as poo poo.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the Sea of Thieves stuff looked dope. I don't give a poo poo about the Pirates of the Carribean stuff, I'm way more interested in the new enemy types, the huge ship battles, more underwater content and the potential for more map expansion

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

J-Spot posted:

They did Prey, didn't they?

Oh word? That's one hell of a selling point then.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I said come in! posted:

A solid choice.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

raditts posted:

Its the fortnite graphical style too, all neon cartoony.
But meh, its xbox exclusive, so will never play it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I said come in! posted:

This is an extremely wise and good choice, it’s an amazing game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sinteres posted:

Aw man, I just went back and watched the Neo-Suikoden game because I missed that one during the presentation and it looks ugly as poo poo.

yeahhhhh i really dislike the filters, project triangle and octopath did those too and they look like poo poo there as well
its a shame because like the actual sprite work is cool

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

cubicle gangster posted:

I'm still on windows 7 with no plans to switch so I really need them to announce gamepass streaming on the ps5 and I'll be set.

that poo poo old as hell you dummy, switch to 10

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

i am excited for redfall

Mordja posted:

They made Prey which is literally the main thing jazzing me up about that

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that poo poo old as hell you dummy, switch to 10

it legitimately a security hazard at this point lol

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

Babe Magnet posted:

the Sea of Thieves stuff looked dope. I don't give a poo poo about the Pirates of the Carribean stuff, I'm way more interested in the new enemy types, the huge ship battles, more underwater content and the potential for more map expansion

The pirates of the Caribbean stuff is what finally made me want to try that game out haha. I'm happy it's out in only 9 days. Will give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still thinking about that Literally A Clone Of Gang Beasts But Animals game, by the Not Gang Beasts Devs and trying to figure out how one doesn't get sued for poo poo like that