Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Last gen definitely but even a Series S? Or am I misunderstanding what “X exclusive” means

No, it says X|S at the end of the trailer and on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1404138223572439040?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

There is no way even Xbox One X could play it. Even the Series 3000 Nvidia RTX cards struggle with it.
I think the designation here is that it's Series X and not S.

John F Bennett posted:

No, it says X|S at the end of the trailer.
Or not...?

Either way, as long as it's less than 100GB I'll be grabbing it.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Flight Sim is heavily CPU dependant so that cuts out all last-gen consoles instantly.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Wait what MS Flight sim is Series X only? Completely missed that

The disc is Series X only. The digital version is for Series X|S.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The disc version of Flight Sim is Series X exclusive yes, cuz how you gonna play it on a Series S lol

e:fb

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Soul Glo posted:

viva pinata 3 is a f2p gacha game with tity anime ladies and six season passes a year

Since it's Viva Pinata it would have anime lady incest as a core mechanic and there forth be the most popular game ever.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Last gen definitely but even a Series S? Or am I misunderstanding what “X exclusive” means

That cover art template assumes a disc, which by definition wouldn't work on a Series S since it has no drive. It's similar to how none of the retail cases currently out mention the Series S at all but do mention the Series X. All digital games as of now can cut off the XB1 class of platforms but must work on both the Series X and Series S.

It's a good change because it was incredibly confusing for the games that have separate retail releases for the XB1 version and the Series X version (e.g. NBA 2K21, MLB The Show 21, Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War)

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I missed that Arx Fatalis is coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC along with the classic Fallout games. I liked that game quite a bit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Can't get over how good FH5 looks. And this year! Wow.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Where’s regular forza though?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Zerot posted:

Looks like Series X exclusive games may be getting a different box art design.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1404142731375509516?s=21

Wait... there's games that won't play on Series S?

Oh I guess if it's a physical cover that makes sense. No disk drive for S.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sudo rm -rf posted:

Where’s regular forza though?

No where to be seen. Also no Hellblade 2, or Fable.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Zurtilik posted:

Scroll up a bit

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Oh I guess if it's a physical cover that makes sense. No disk drive for S.

Series S doesn't have a disc drive.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

John F Bennett posted:

Scroll up a bit

Yeah I'm a goober.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

No where to be seen. Also no Hellblade 2, or Fable.
They at least mentioned Motorsport and Fable. Hellblade 2 was suspiciously absent though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Like a Dragon and Death of the Outsider on gamepass gently caress yes

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Party Animals looks like it’s gonna be a bunch of stupid fun.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Y7 is so good. It takes a few hours to settle in but definitely stick it out because it's a drat treat.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

They at least mentioned Motorsport and Fable. Hellblade 2 was suspiciously absent though.

Ninja Theory is going to be at their Thursday event, though I'm not expecting much from it.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

highme posted:

Party Animals looks like it’s gonna be a bunch of stupid fun.

It was when it was called Gang Beasts, now it’s just a filthy ripoff

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Red Warrior posted:

Halo not being specifically dated beyond 'holiday 2021' is a bit ehhh?

Going to guess they'll have something with more of a focus on that in the next couple of months cause they barely showed anything there.
I think several higher ups have left 343 which makes me think that's why this is taking so long

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nice

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shredders had some of the most realistic looking snowboarding I’ve seen in a video game. I will definitely be getting high and riding powder.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The fridge is real? I’m buying that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LionArcher posted:

The fridge is real? I’m buying that
It was a stretch goal for winning some stupid Twitter popularity contest or something. It's real.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

It’s fun having game pass. All those announced games and I don’t need to spend a second deciding if I want to buy them or not. They’ll come out and I’ll check them out.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Never played Yakuza and doubtful that I’d be interested in the whole series. If I just want to experience the series, is Like a Dragon a good one to go with?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
New Vegas is also now on Gamepass.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Never played Yakuza and doubtful that I’d be interested in the whole series. If I just want to experience the series, is Like a Dragon a good one to go with?

LaD is essentially a reboot. It’s turn based combat whereas the older ones were action brawlers. They’re super story heavy. The writing and acting in all of them is absolutely top tier. Yakuza 0 is well worth playing as well but like you could go straight into the new one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

If you just want to experience a "Yakuza" game then I'd suggest either 0 or 6, as they're the best examples of the traditional Yakuza gameplay that everyone always talks about.

If you want a Yakuza-like experience and enjoy JRPGs then starting at Y7 is perfectly fine. The world is connected but you're not missing a ton by not knowing the story of any of the earlier games, and they did such a good job integrating the RPG systems into the already established structure of Yakuza that it definitely feels like a true Yakuza experience even though the combat is wildly different.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Best thing about Game Pass is that I'll actually get to try most of those games out, as opposed to "yeah these look cool I guess but I'll never actually buy any of that poo poo." I don't even have to hype myself for the games because I don't have to actually buy them

Outer Worlds 2 was the best trailer

Was disappointed at BF2042 not being a surprise gamepass announcement because no way am I paying $60+ for multiplayer only in 2021

Was nice to see release dates at an Xbox show for a change

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
When is Yakuza 7 out on Gamepass?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Game pass is so good

Adun posted:

I'm seeing it right now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adun posted:

It’s out, you might have to get it from the store for now. I got all the new games there, they weren’t in the gamepass library app yet

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Awesome. Just finished Control so great timing

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Download button says "install on day one"

Edit: just turned on my Xbox and it's downloading.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Stalker 2 was gonna be a gamepass thing for me but ngl that artifact lamp in the Ultimate edition looks wild

https://twitter.com/stalker_thegame/status/1404174361339256840

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Downloading Like a Dragon from Game Pass on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Can confirm that you can download Like A Dragon off of GamePass. It wasn't in the actual catalog for me, but when I went to the store listing it gave me the option of installing through GamePass.

I bounced super hard off of Yakuza 0 the two times I attempted to play it, but I've always been pretty interested in Like A Dragon. Almost pulled the trigger on buying it last week too!