Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
If this is what gen con has to put upbwith for VIGs I am not surprised they are slowly strangling the program. I really do think it will be just gone in a few years. Probably not right away, but just stopping new membership and letting it linger till the existing members stop paying for it each year.

As a vendor, I am so glad they got rid of early access. That poo poo was a pain in the rear end, I've got set up to do on the first day not to mention catching up/selling to other exhibitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dr. Quarex posted:

I guess secondarily I think of you and your accursed foreign exchange trader game (I hope this is not a false memory)

I didn’t remember ever playing For-Ex at gencon, then I was going through photos today, we played that at PAX Unplugged that first year you went! You arent crazy!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Fellis posted:

I didn’t remember ever playing For-Ex at gencon, then I was going through photos today, we played that at PAX Unplugged that first year you went! You arent crazy!
I was pretty sure I remembered that correctly, given I also think you explained that the guy who designed that game got turned down by literally every publisher because they said nobody wanted a foreign currency exchange game, and then of course he got funded on Kickstarter because of course people want a foreign currency exchange game

Also Toshimo had the great idea to check all the previous Gen-Con threads for Waffleimages pictures now that they have been resurrected like a .PNGoenix, and I DID find some! In precisely one thread. Hilariously more threads used TINYPIC which evidently went down forever in 2019. Figures. Anyway, I will save you the trouble of looking for them, since obviously every single one of you would have immediately done so

Yes that is right; every single one of the images is a PUZZLE. Thanks though, Seorin, if you still exist here, for at least meaning my search was not entirely pointless!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
OH WOW I forgot I already had a post started on this other computer :waycool:

Pangaea Ultima posted:

Can you even imagine running the VIG program and having to deal with these insufferably self-important demands? “I won a lottery and pay a premium price! I demand more treats to my exacting specifications, and I’m going to continue paying a premium even if I don’t get my treats! Create for me a town hall so that I may debate you openly for all be-VIG’d gentry to witness and applaud!”

I guess that’s what you get when you make a program called “Very Important Gamers,” but you couldn’t pay me enough to field that inbox.
I have been reading every thread in reverse chronological order, and this has definitely made me very thankful because I cannot bring myself to bump something from 2019 just to talk about what endlessly entitled shithorns some of these people are being. At least half of the people driving these conversations do not understand the difference between making suggestions and making threats (albeit obviously impotent threats). The one guy always popping in to say "by the way the VIG program is awesome" gets made fun of for being too complacent (naturally the person posting that meant complaisant and 100% of the time a lovely person accidentally ironically uses the incorrect spelling).

Fortunately the responses from staff are usually either a quick thing saying "we will work on that!" to one of the reasonable posts, or occasionally someone saying "just as a reminder, we will absolutely never bring back early access/3 VIG companions/whatever, so there is no need to keep asking for them" (which leads to the guy threatening to throw a temper tantrum for 10-20 years)

nesbit37 posted:

If this is what gen con has to put upbwith for VIGs I am not surprised they are slowly strangling the program. I really do think it will be just gone in a few years. Probably not right away, but just stopping new membership and letting it linger till the existing members stop paying for it each year.

As a vendor, I am so glad they got rid of early access. That poo poo was a pain in the rear end, I've got set up to do on the first day not to mention catching up/selling to other exhibitors.
You should be glad I am not posting the VIGs making fun of vendors for not wanting to do early access. "I'm sorry but if your booth isn't fully set up by 9 A.M. then you probably aren't qualified to run a business." Not an exact quote I imagine, but an exact attitude, and not unique to one person (though there are only two or three VIGs who are actively hostile towards any claim that perhaps the businesses did not like early access, all claiming that ACTUALLY THE ECONOMICS PROVE WITH SIMPLE MATH THAT THE BUSINESSES BENEFIT THE MOST).

Easy for me to say, but I am 100% fine with them ending sign-ups forever after this year. And I would be 110% fine with them specifically calling out the people who made it horrible to continue, hahaha. Not that this would happen. Edit: And I am probably about 90% fine with them just ending the program outright; obviously I wanted to be one, but I sure did already think Gen-Con was the best time you could have in any given year even before becoming a VIG

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 11, 2021

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Dr. Quarex posted:

You should be glad I am not posting the VIGs making fun of vendors for not wanting to do early access. "I'm sorry but if your booth isn't fully set up by 9 A.M. then you probably aren't qualified to run a business." Not an exact quote I imagine, but an exact attitude, and not unique to one person (though there are only two or three VIGs who are actively hostile towards any claim that perhaps the businesses did not like early access, all claiming that ACTUALLY THE ECONOMICS PROVE WITH SIMPLE MATH THAT THE BUSINESSES BENEFIT THE MOST).

This attitude doesn't surprise me. Working gen con in the exhibit hall is super rough, and not only losing an hour of setup but also turning your 8 hour day into a 9 hour day majorly sucks. Vendors are there to make money but sorry they don't want to be miserable to do it because gen con promised a few hundred people (plus trade day attendees) they could get in and harass vendors for limited releases early.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Anyone heard anything from One Shot about GenCon 2021 appearances? I'm behind on episodes and can't find anything on a cursory glance.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
None of the VIG stuff ever held any value to me because I always got a good hotel lottery.

2020 my crew got bad lottery times do we went off-book and the hotel was a bunch of assholes

I got a new job this past year and decided the math on skipping the lottery was something I could afford and so I just snapped up a VIG, got me and my homies a room that fit all our criteria, and was pleased with the transaction.

I have zero interest in the VIG green room, VIG forums, or basically any of the parts of the program. If they just converted it to 500bux for early hotel reg, I'd still get it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/exhibitors-list

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Toshimo posted:

None of the VIG stuff ever held any value to me because I always got a good hotel lottery. 2020 my crew got bad lottery times do we went off-book and the hotel was a bunch of assholes

I got a new job this past year and decided the math on skipping the lottery was something I could afford and so I just snapped up a VIG, got me and my homies a room that fit all our criteria, and was pleased with the transaction. I have zero interest in the VIG green room, VIG forums, or basically any of the parts of the program. If they just converted it to 500bux for early hotel reg, I'd still get it.
This all sounds about right to me. I (obviously) have issues with being too excited about forums in general, but I would definitely still do it if it were just an early hotel registration time. I have few complaints about my history of hotels since we have been downtown every year I have tried to be downtown by either hanging with a VIG or booking 11 months early, but I DO acknowledge our out-of-block hotel was like $375/night in 2019, so hotel prices are finally high enough that I think the VIG is going to be an overall savings just taking my hotel proclivities into account.

Additional information from a brief and hilarious exchange on the Facebook group: That is over 350 exhibitors, and in 2019 Gen-Con announced there were "over 520" exhibitors but my quick count of the exhibitor list actually turned up 584. The point is that the total still seems pretty healthy to me!

AND NOW BACK TO THE USUAL (I only have two pages of posts left to read out of the 11 it started with, we are almost free)

I Do Not Know What To Tell You, Dude posted:

Good to see that their answer to the rampant abuse of the early access program wasn't to police the abuse but to punish the folks that are actually playing by the rules and have been for years. Good times, GenCon. Every year you find a new and exciting way to make me feel bad about making you my primary Convention attendance of the year.

Like why on earth would I keep paying increasing prices for continually reduced benefits when I can just hit up 2-3 smaller more board game centric conventions at this point?

For the privilege of getting a hotel room?
You nailed it bro. Not getting into a mostly-functional Exhibit Hall an hour early instantly turns Gen-Con into a carbon copy of 2-3 local/regional conventions.

This Is Not My Beautiful House posted:

I can say this week I was asked about Gen Con and for the first time in over 20 years I couldn't unreservedly recommend going - and it's mostly due to this attitude that they can take away a major perk with no real explanation and no plan to make up for it. It feels like a symptom of something rotten in the power structure.
Slowly coalescing years of VIG entitlement into a VIG archetype has helped me understand something: a lot of the people in the VIG program treat the title a lot less ironically than I always thought we were supposed to. The only VIG I ever knew would only ever call himself a VIG as a joke and was delighted/surprised by every actual cool thing the program granted. And yet, clearly it IS supposed to be taken unironically. I am not sure why I always felt like it would be understood that you are not ACTUALLY IMPORTANT just because you paid a few hundred more for your badge than everyone else.

The best part is the occasionally expressed idea that vendors are the real VIGs who get the good perks, and something tells me they do not actually feel important

Oh and speaking of perks

Zero Perks Per Two Levels posted:

Clicked submit for events the second was available today didn't get ANY that were TOP on priority .

Man I'm so glad i'm a VIG.

If only VIG's had some Outstanding PERKS for paying that $600.00. (I mean only take away but let's not replace, that's fair!)

Bragga Dagga Dat posted:

Another person responded they already do that, as she was allowed to enter 20 minutes early because of her mobility scooter. Which I fully support!

But if this is true I can't help but wonder why for $600, it's impossible for VIG's to receive something similar due to "security concerns" or "vendor demands...."

Also just to reminisce about the kinds of things I USED to enjoy quoting from the official forums

Active Fitness Regimen posted:

Never tried Embassy suites - seems too far away, even if the perks are really nice.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Oh thank god, The Kilt booth and Chessex will be there.

It's going to be GenCon afterall!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

All I know is shots Wednesday always conflicted with the ffg inflight report

And we see who won that battle

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
I feel like that exhibitor list is out of date - for one, I bought a table of ultimate gaming from a liquidation sale recently so i feel fairly confident that they won't show up to Gencon despite being listed.
Gotta say, if you want to buy overpriced gaming furniture liquidation is definitely the right way to do it!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

LIST OF EXHIBITORS FOR GEN CON INDY 2021
Last Updated: June 11, 2021

thats the list they emailed out yesterday

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Carteret posted:

Oh thank god, The Kilt booth and Chessex will be there.

It's going to be GenCon afterall!
I do not know what I will do without Koplow Games there. They are always the place I end up buying a few dice after convincing myself at the Chessex booth that I will wait until my second pass through the hallway to buy anything.

I will just go straight to the Crystal Caste booth and demand their finest dice produced from a non-renewable resource.

Deviant posted:

All I know is shots Wednesday always conflicted with the ffg inflight report

And we see who won that battle
Well one is a well-planned annual event eagerly awaited by untold nerds across the country, and the other is the one I did not describe.

It is true, though; both of those are events that nominally hold no interest to me as I do not engage in the activity they are entirely about, yet Shots Wednesday is definitely fun even for non-shooters!

But beyond that point, does anyone else feel like the biggest companies are in danger of just not returning now that they are out? Wizards of the Coast is obviously doing about as well as ever and clearly has no intentions of returning, so it makes me wonder why Paizo or Fantasy Flight or whatever "companies everyone already knows about" even do show up. When I was 18 I would have thought it was because they know it makes gamers love them to come participate, but haha, yeah, I think that motivation disappears as soon as you can support more than a single full-time employee with your business

(For the record I would 100% not miss any of them, both because it is not like you need them there to play their games and because as it happens I have long since had my interest in newly-released things stamped out)

Radio Free Walrus posted:

I feel like that exhibitor list is out of date - for one, I bought a table of ultimate gaming from a liquidation sale recently so i feel fairly confident that they won't show up to Gencon despite being listed. Gotta say, if you want to buy overpriced gaming furniture liquidation is definitely the right way to do it!
First off I am totally jealous you got in on a gaming table liquidation sale, as even for as much as I like to spend unnecessary money on fun things, I absolutely positively am horrified by custom gaming table prices, particularly knowing what my 6'5" 275# self can accidentally do to furniture of any price. This is why I want a custom gaming beanbag

Also, obviously Bottom Liner's point that this list is absolutely up-to-date is correct, but it is also the case that the list itself is incorrect. I assumed the companies listed that had previously confirmed they were not coming (Kingdom Death, Iello) being listed meant that they had changed their minds, but someone from Magpie Games confirmed they are listed and not coming, so yes, the list's accuracy is certainly imperfect.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I was curious about the table thing and the 33 Robots site has the liquidation sale (still going if you're interested) and they said this:

quote:

ABOUT THE LIQUIDATION SALE
All Good Things Come to an End

In 2017, Table of Ultimate Gaming made Kickstarter waves with a massively successful launch of innovative, modular gaming tables that gave players an immersive experience playing their favorite games. Fast forward to 2020, the company came to end from the financial burden of hyper growth. There's an old saying that "more companies die from indigestion than starvation" and that's seemingly the tragic story of this amazingly innovative company.

We never met the crew at Wood Robot behind the Table of Ultimate Gaming brand but we know the factory team that designed and manufactured their (TOUG's) products, very well. We were there cheering them on with high-fives and beer when they landed the TOUG project and we were by their side when TOUG failed to pay them and they realized they were going to lose everything, including their multi-generation family factory.
The inventory we have is the last batch of Table of Ultimate Gaming products produced that TOUG failed to pay the factory for — eventually causing the factory to go out of business. This is the last of the legendary Table of Ultimate Gaming and we're liquidating it all as this chapter of innovative, game-changing gaming experience closes.

Meanwhile the https://ultimategametable.com/ is a placeholder, but can't tell if that's the same people. If so, they could have a presence at Gencon to presale their next product but I would be very wary of them lol.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

FFG not returning next year makes sense, since Asmodee absolutely gutted them last year. Paizo probably returns, they have big turnout for most of their stuff.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Kingdom Death is NOT going, so I eagerly anticipate an updated vendor list with a new batch of 'are they actually going to be there?'.

I could see FFG coming back. Most of their staff never went to GenCon and the poor schlubs running demos were some kind of hired goons. For as deep as they are going into licensed properties and selling direct, a massive presence at large trade shows sounds like the decision they would make.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Paizo was pretty emphatic about not going and relegating their big stuff to Paizocon last I heard.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

I was curious about the table thing and the 33 Robots site has the liquidation sale (still going if you're interested) and they said this:

Meanwhile the https://ultimategametable.com/ is a placeholder, but can't tell if that's the same people. If so, they could have a presence at Gencon to presale their next product but I would be very wary of them lol.

Did I not tell you I bought one of these from 33 robots? They've been great. All the table for pennies on the dollar without the Kickstarter bullshit

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'll be sad if Paizo never returns, only because it would drastically change the way my group and I interact with Gen Con. There's no doubt that we'd all still go and still have an amazing time, but it would just be different. There's nothing quite like staying up too late the night before drinking and playing games, praying the cold shower in the morning shocks your system awake, then crawling to the Sagamore ballroom to sip your coffee, brace for the day of fun ahead of you, and stare bleary-eyed at some Pathfinder ACG cards in your hand.

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Honestly I feel kinda bad for the TOUG kickstarter folks! I got a cheap-ish table through 33robots without hassle, similar or cheaper peices, and without the uninformative limbo most folks who kickstarted the table seem to have ended up in.
On the other hand, a table now graces my game room, and that helps assuage any guilt.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Deviant posted:

Did I not tell you I bought one of these from 33 robots? They've been great. All the table for pennies on the dollar without the Kickstarter bullshit

nope! I just knew you got a table. Did you get the standard or deluxe grimdark one? Does their bundle have the cupholders/flat surface bits?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

nope! I just knew you got a table. Did you get the standard or deluxe grimdark one? Does their bundle have the cupholders/flat surface bits?

I got an elite bundle with Celtic trim add on. It came with a bunch of bits. 6 cupholders, 2 pads, 2 dice trays, dm screen, table topper, pvc table mat. Also they're totally out of stock on most of it and you've missed your window most likely. The pages show what each bundle came with tho.

Also you live like 20 minutes from here you can just come see it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

20 miles, 1:30 drive! I just need to finish my table with cup holders and a topper and stop being lazy though.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Thanks for the 33 Robots site link--I got the chance to check it out.

Honestly it is exciting to learn even a heavily discounted gaming table seems extravagant to me. My mid-life crisis is downright pathetic, honestly. Two beanbags and a Keurig and I feel like I am living in unnecessary and endless luxury

Agrias120 posted:

I'll be sad if Paizo never returns, only because it would drastically change the way my group and I interact with Gen Con. There's no doubt that we'd all still go and still have an amazing time, but it would just be different. There's nothing quite like staying up too late the night before drinking and playing games, praying the cold shower in the morning shocks your system awake, then crawling to the Sagamore ballroom to sip your coffee, brace for the day of fun ahead of you, and stare bleary-eyed at some Pathfinder ACG cards in your hand.
Yeah I feel that. Pathfinder 2nd Edition is the only game I have played at Gen-Con in ... uhhh ... a long time, thanks to my friend I talked into attending in 2019 asked very nicely. It was honestly a great time, and that huge ballroom full of people all doing the same thing definitely had a strong appeal to tempt me to go do it again (whew, dodged that bullet!).

Deviant posted:

I got an elite bundle with Celtic trim add on. It came with a bunch of bits. 6 cupholders, 2 pads, 2 dice trays, dm screen, table topper, pvc table mat. Also they're totally out of stock on most of it and you've missed your window most likely. The pages show what each bundle came with tho.
I have no doubt that some of the stuff sold out was amazing, but I have to say if I were going to buy one I would 100% want the skull-leg ones they still have, so I feel good knowing I made the decision not to get one even with something that tempting to my dumb aesthetic still remaining.

Yours sounds pretty awesome though!

Meanwhile, I finally finished reading all the available archives of VIG posts (they only go back a little under 6 years to the last time they arbitrarily changed forums software and deleted the old archives, which was about six years after the last time they had done it; clearly this is stylized after D&D editions). It seems like most of the people angriest about the very idea of lowering themselves to the indignity of remaining a VIG after having their hour of early Exhibit Hall access cruelly stripped from them ... may have actually realized they did not want to be in the program anymore. Yay! I hope I took the badge of the rear end in a top hat who said after this that the price of VIG must drop by at least $100 or it was fraud. Teehee, fraud

I have also learned a lot of interesting things about the uppity connected hotels from people's in-depth debating of perks and drawbacks, so if anyone is still looking for a downtown room (honestly I bet they are still available) and cannot decide between hotels, I might have advice!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
BTW, the One Weird Trick that I use when picking between hotels is to put in 5 guests so that it only shows me rooms with 3 actual beds so me and my 2 homies aren't trying to share. This year, I had to make the call between an enormous 600sqft suite and a smaller 350sqft room, but the smaller one was right next to the end of the food trucks and was skywalk adjacent. I opted for the more convenient location, and I'm happy with that, but I didn't see any of the closer hotels with any competitive rooms, which surprised me. I don't think I'll likely ever pick the JW again. It was disappointing the last time we stayed there.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
If you arent sharing beds with the homies, is it even gencon

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
This is the first year I'll be in a skywalk hotel without having to share a bed and I simply don't know how I'll cope.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The worst year of gencon was the year i shared a hotel with only one person and didn't share a bed. coincidence?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Speaking of game tables, who are some of the better manufacturers out there right now? I'm in the market and not sure if those liquidation tables are going to work for us.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In 2019 we crammed 5 people into a tiny room at Le Meridien. I’m still not sure how we managed that for a full weekend

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

i think our all time record was 5 in a single bed room. Wables just slept in the entrance in a sleeping bag

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I call tub

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Once we fit 6 people into a double room. It was a living hell ngl

edit: wait this was the year someone lost their room halfway through and we let them sleep in our entranceway corridor too.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 14, 2021

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Once we fit 6 people into a double room. It was a living hell ngl

I do this every year (except this year apparently). Its tight but I don't mind it too much. 2 people per bed and then two air mattresses for the floor. At least everyone gets to sleep!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Carteret posted:

i think our all time record was 5 in a single bed room. Wables just slept in the entrance in a sleeping bag

yeah but we offered to rotate and he chose to continue living the hobo life

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Wables gonna Wables

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Toshimo posted:

BTW, the One Weird Trick that I use when picking between hotels is to put in 5 guests so that it only shows me rooms with 3 actual beds so me and my 2 homies aren't trying to share. This year, I had to make the call between an enormous 600sqft suite and a smaller 350sqft room, but the smaller one was right next to the end of the food trucks and was skywalk adjacent. I opted for the more convenient location, and I'm happy with that, but I didn't see any of the closer hotels with any competitive rooms, which surprised me. I don't think I'll likely ever pick the JW again. It was disappointing the last time we stayed there.
I like your One Weird Trick, and I will definitely do that next year. Time to create my 2022 Gen Con text file early

Though being a perpetual Embassy Suitor with one person who was always content to sleep on the pull-out bed and another on the cushions previously on the pull-out bed we always slept four there easily (Embassy Suites really seems like the most generically all-around good choice). It will definitely be nice to see the full gamut of larger rooms next year, though, since my ultra-cheap Hampton Inn room this year does not even have a pull-out couch so I am planning to bring an air mattress as I am sure is someone else's tradition

Also you are not the only person I have seen complaining about recent J.W. Marriott stays; has the "new luxury hotel" smell/attitude worn off?

Fellis posted:

If you arent sharing beds with the homies, is it even gencon
We should all get together in the same bed sometime! Haha, you know, as a joke

Sink

My proudest "nerds doing everything wrong" moment was at an e-zine(!) convention in Philadelphia; when people were arguing over beds and couches and even chairs I literally stared at the floor and thought to myself "screw this, I am good at sleeping." I laid down on the floor without taking any of my normal clothes off and used my arm as a pillow and did not have so much as a towel for a blanket and I SLEPT JUST FINE HELL YEAH and I was also 21 at the time so that is quite possibly relevant

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

edit: wait this was the year someone lost their room halfway through and we let them sleep in our entranceway corridor too.
How do you lose your hotel

I guess I should ask "is this a funny or depressing story"

nesbit37 posted:

Speaking of game tables, who are some of the better manufacturers out there right now? I'm in the market and not sure if those liquidation tables are going to work for us.
If you want the most expensive, there may be a new challenger! Though poo poo I have no idea how much gaming tables are anymore normally. Oh, I see Wyrmwood's main product starts at $7,000, so I guess his are downright cut-rate

Deviant posted:

yeah but we offered to rotate and he chose to continue living the hobo life
This Wables person sounds like a good friend, though also someone who needs a spa day

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Oh and furthermore Nesbit37, someone on the Gen-Con forums just suggested Studio 6D6 as a company making high-quality and affordable gaming tables, and certainly by the looks of things that could be accurate?

Edit: Also, seriously, 4-day badges are still available, this really is going to be 1997 Part 2

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I assure you Quarex, you know Wables but I shall refrain from doxxing