Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Alaois posted:

isn't that movie like 3 hours long, the netflix ripoff seems like it has the plot density of a 20 minute Twilight Zone episode stretched to feature length, what the gently caress

its 3 hours long but feels like eight and nothing happens in it until theres 40 mins left and the protagonist pulls a toilet full of eels out of the floor with his bare hands while wearing a leg cast. so who can say if its bad or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

thetoughestbean posted:

I can’t say I’m fond of this whole “big youtubers try to get their audience to follow them to a different video hosting website” thing

I don't think their goal is to replace YouTube but instead to supplement it, specifically they have human moderators the content creators can actually talk to so they can post stuff that would likely get banned or demonitized on YouTube. The biggest problem I have with Nebula is that there's not enough content to get me to check it daily but there's also no notification mechanism when content does get posted so I never actually open the app :v: I'm probably not going to renew just because of that. (That's in contrast to Floatplane, the paid streaming service created by Linus Tech Tips and used by a number of other tech-tubers, which has even less content but I watch most of it because I get notified when new poo poo is posted.)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

CYBEReris posted:

i wonder if you could make High Anxiety today. i havent seen that one in a long time

Probably not because the concept of psychiatric health care institutions would be completely alien to audiences

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

thetoughestbean posted:

I can’t say I’m fond of this whole “big youtubers try to get their audience to follow them to a different video hosting website” thing

I don't mind it for the most part, but I was a little annoyed when Patrick Willems said that the conclusion to the Charl storyline was only going to be on Nebula (although I'm hoping it comes to YouTube eventually). I get that Nebula helped paid for it, but it's a storyline that you've had running for over a year on your channel and now maybe over half of your regular audience (if not more) can't see it.

Mr.Radar posted:

I don't think their goal is to replace YouTube but instead to supplement it, specifically they have human moderators the content creators can actually talk to so they can post stuff that would likely get banned or demonitized on YouTube. The biggest problem I have with Nebula is that there's not enough content to get me to check it daily but there's also no notification mechanism when content does get posted so I never actually open the app :v: I'm probably not going to renew just because of that. (That's in contrast to Floatplane, the paid streaming service created by Linus Tech Tips and used by a number of other tech-tubers, which has even less content but I watch most of it because I get notified when new poo poo is posted.)

I'd try Nebula, but I stream everything through my PS4, and there's no console app. When they finally roll one out I'll maybe give it a shot

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you could never make space balls today

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nebula is worth it if you can get it on one of those affiliate deals where it’s a year for $5.00 plus Curiosity Stream. I like that it’s mostly cultural criticism/pop science videos I’d want to watch, but I agree that it’s easy to forget to check it because there’s not a lot of content. I don’t know that I’d pay $40 a year or whatever sticker is for it.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

thetoughestbean posted:

It's streaming service that video essay youtubers are contributing to because youtube is hostile to any format where you need to make use of video clips or audio in a completely Fair Use way. I have no idea if it's a good platform or worth the price, but I don't see the harm in trying? It's not like youtube is going to do anything about the bullshit demonetization system, copyright strikes, age-restrictions, and completely irrational whims of the recommendation algorithm.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

fun hater posted:

its 3 hours long but feels like eight and nothing happens in it until theres 40 mins left and the protagonist pulls a toilet full of eels out of the floor with his bare hands while wearing a leg cast. so who can say if its bad or not

It was a lot of fun fun hater.

I loved the spooky weirdness through out

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

nothing on those sites seems worth it at all but i respect my youtube hustlers for getting paid money by venture capital

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Augus posted:

you could never make space balls today

If a new Spaceballs could destroy Star Wars like Blazing Saddles destroyed the traditional western then it’s worth a try.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Could we get something to knock out superhero movies while we're at it?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

YggiDee posted:

Could we get something to knock out superhero movies while we're at it?

A Robin Hood: Men in Tights remake would be pretty sweet, yeah

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

CelticPredator posted:

It was a lot of fun fun hater.

I loved the spooky weirdness through out

when i finish my lovely blog post, you will regret your words and deeds

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Augus posted:

what if zack snyder directed star wars and rian johnson directed justice leage

I admire Rian Johnson, but I'm also convinced that if he were given the wheels of the Justice League IP he would try to make an Identity Crisis movie, and that's the last thing we need.

Also, I'd 100% be down for a Zack Snyder-directed episode of The Mandalorian.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

I admire Rian Johnson, but I'm also convinced that if he were given the wheels of the Justice League IP he would try to make an Identity Crisis movie, and that's the last thing we need.

ive never read a more brutal, scathing indictment of a person than this

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Captain Invictus posted:

unless that's the joke, I'm pretty sure that's literally what The Clone Wars CGI tv series is all about; fleshing out what happens with the cast of characters during the clone wars and giving you a better sense for Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc.

also Yoda super loving sucks. He sucks in every single appearance in the series and he and the rest of the jedi utterly failed Anakin at literally every opportunity. He's a cutesy silly muppet in the original trilogy but given the context from the clone wars/prequels it turns out he's garbage even when he's teaching Luke too. he's just an abject tragic failure

the whole thing about the Jedi Code or whatever that A More Civilized Age brought up that is just the King James Bible version of the original Jedi Code is hosed too, it's the sort of world-warping change that hitler or the guy who made leaded gasoline makes you go "if I had a time machine..." but the star wars universe version

Oops... I guess that's what I get for not seeing The Clone Wars. I'm glad someone got another kick at the can and did it right then.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

C O N T E N T

New Scott the Woz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9sheGfrFWs

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LanceHunter posted:

Rian Johnson knows how to write a good mystery though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Harry Potter was the first mainstream isekai-story.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

MiddleOne posted:

The Connecticut Yankee had him beat by just a bit.

(Yay, now we can do the "x is an isekai" derail.)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Divina Commedia, 1308

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

is Dante's Inferno an isekai, asking for a friend

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Uh, excuse you, Space Jam had it beat by 2 years.

And not to mention Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Rian Johnson knows how to write a good mystery though.

So does Brad Meltzer. The quality of the mystery was not the fatal flaw in Identity Crisis, though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LanceHunter posted:

So does Brad Meltzer. The quality of the mystery was not the fatal flaw in Identity Crisis, though.

The massive mishandling of rape is a bigger problem but even if that was fixed the garbage resolution of the mystery would be enough to tank the book.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

8one6 posted:

The Connecticut Yankee had him beat by just a bit.

(Yay, now we can do the "x is an isekai" derail.)
I think I've brought it up before but the only one of those old technically teleported to another world stories that actually follows modern isekai conventions is the John Carter books. You have a guy who was talented but unexceptional on earth hailed as a superior being on another fantasy-ish world, almost every woman introduced is super beautiful and immediately falls in love with the character, the author inserts really weird fetish stuff (martian women in these books lay eggs), and weird jingoism where the aliens are super impressed by the protagonist's native cultural affectations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Uh, excuse you, Space Jam had it beat by 2 years.

And not to mention Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz.

Space Jam is like a reverse Isekai.

Terrible Opinions posted:

I think I've brought it up before but the only one of those old technically teleported to another world stories that actually follows modern isekai conventions is the John Carter books. You have a guy who was talented but unexceptional on earth hailed as a superior being on another fantasy-ish world, almost every woman introduced is super beautiful and immediately falls in love with the character, the author inserts really weird fetish stuff (martian women in these books lay eggs), and weird jingoism where the aliens are super impressed by the protagonist's native cultural affectations.

Öhum, Harry literally walks through a pillar to enter a magic train-station that goes off to magic-land.

Where does Narnia fit in all this?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Narnia has the kids adopt the magical world's version of Christianity as their own and only get powers as vehicles for native fantasy land's version for Jesus to achieve victory. No harems, very little fetish poo poo, and no mundane earth skills being treated as super powers. Not very isekai.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

harry potter is not an isekai at all, as instead of being transported into a new world, harry is simply made aware of hitherto unknown-to-him corners of the world he has always lived in, a world he technically can always return to in body if not mind, and, furthermore,

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

the dark tower is isekai

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/KidDiedofBeetus/status/1403882764303228928?s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wellp, that is certainly the worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I've been trying to lay off posting Movie Bob tweets but good gravy his tweets are extra bat gently caress insane lately

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1403516476171169797

He seriously talks like a Metal Gear villain

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1403611162630103040

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1403612638999896065

bonus Snyder post! :shepface:

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1401021853993480193

Like I know everyone here knows he's a fuckin weirdo but I still see some left leaning content creators/accounts on twitter interact with him like everything is fine and I'm just like uuuuh do ya'll just not see this? lol

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Someone put his tweets over an image of Lex Luthor and to no ones surprise they fit perfectly. He's literally just monologuing at this point

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Wellp, that is certainly the worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_DjYDHEVU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

unsurprising that bob doesn't read his own tweets despite huffing his own farts.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

Like I know everyone here knows he's a fuckin weirdo but I still see some left leaning content creators/accounts on twitter interact with him like everything is fine and I'm just like uuuuh do ya'll just not see this? lol

Who would have thought a man who tried to unspool the Gordian knot of the sexual politics of brunch would be a loving crazy person? I am shocked by this development. Shocked.

seriously, we need a Bob Ban--work it, Junpei!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I have no idea what he is even saying.
We should stop being normal and instead evolve into cyborgs? What?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's just hardcore libertarian bullshit that you should fall out of when you get to college or whatever, except coming out of the mouth of a 40 year old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

DeafNote posted:

I have no idea what he is even saying.
We should stop being normal and instead evolve into cyborgs? What?

Average is a word for inferior, I am a god held back in the idiocracy of the mind, if I shall shrug, all society would collapse.

-Roblas Chugged (Another Big Gulp In My Butt) by Chuck Tingle