Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Let's get a rabbid's vs mario vs creepy highschool anime girls.

Doki Doki pound my peepee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Maroon Hawk posted:

lol what the gently caress

(It's because Canada doesn't get Hulu :ssh: )

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
And we still don't have DuckTales Season 3 :mad:

Wait why is this even in the Switch thread

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 14, 2021

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah, don't the consoles already have the non-lovely versions? I haven't bought them on steam buecause that interface on the steam version sucks

The non-lovely remakes of 1 and 2 are on psp and mobile
All remakes of 3 are trash
The remakes of 4 for gba and psp are good in their own ways, gba mainly for party swap and bonus bosses.
GBA has the only good remake of 5 and 6.

3-4 for DS are ugly, badly balanced games. The mobile remakes of 5-6 look like cheap amateur shovel ware and it’s made all the more baffling when you see who made the lazy FFD character edited sprites.

Let’s watch these sell maybe enough to recoup costs while DQ3 HD sells probably 4-5 million copies just in Japan.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

On a serious note, I need a 512gb microsd but I have no idea what all the letters and numbers mean. I'd google but that goes against the spirit of justpost

Like V30, V10, A2, 3.

What the poo poo? I just want a good main card.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Barreft posted:

On a serious note, I need a 512gb microsd but I have no idea what all the letters and numbers mean. I'd google but that goes against the spirit of justpost

Like V30, V10, A2, 3.

What the poo poo? I just want a good main card.
Get this

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Sakurai is quitting and just doing Game Builder Garage games from now on:

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1404072391903305732

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s called D+ because it has a below average selection of movies and TV shows.

I was going to sub for a month until that freebie came along just to watch a few Marvel movies in 4K. Which was a bad enough idea on its own. Paying month over month for it? Lucky for Disney there is a huge demographic of parents who will sub just to keep their kids quiet in the living room for a couple hours per day.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 14, 2021

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

japtor posted:

Sakurai is quitting and just doing Game Builder Garage games from now on:

Can they just put a freaking content browser in this thing already? It would be infinitely better. Have some intern delete all the games with dickbutts and poo poo.

edit: these phone posts got a bunch of wires twisted

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Fly Ricky posted:

I was going to sub for a month until that freebie came along just to watch a few Marvel movies in 4K. Which was a bad enough idea on its own. Paying month over month for it? Lucky for Disney there is a huge demographic of parents who will sub just to keep their kids quiet in the living room for a couple hours per day.

I pay for the 90 dollar a year subscription, I'd say I get enough out of it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Geo Fixer posted:

I pay for the 90 dollar a year subscription, I'd say I get enough out of it.

Not judging, but curious; what do watch?

Have kids? I do, but Netflix has enough for him (and he isn’t a huge Disney fan).

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s called Nintendo Online and it already exists. Get with the program.

That's only for long dead games that only 40 year old's care about

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Fly Ricky posted:

Not judging, but curious; what do watch?

Have kids? I do, but Netflix has enough for him (and he isn’t a huge Disney fan).

Mostly the new star wars and Marvel shows, also National Geographic documentaries.
A big reason I keep it is because my family stream shares all the big services and subbing to D+ yearly was the least expensive overall way for me to contribute.

I'd say subbing once every six months or so to catch up isn't a bad idea, I just hate having to deal with resubbing every time there's something I want to watch.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's only for long dead games that only 40 year old's care about

every time i come to the switch thread i see you posting an insanely bad take

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Geo Fixer posted:

Mostly the new star wars and Marvel shows, also National Geographic documentaries.
A big reason I keep it is because my family stream shares all the big services and subbing to D+ yearly was the least expensive overall way for me to contribute.

I'd say subbing once every six months or so to catch up isn't a bad idea, I just hate having to deal with resubbing every time there's something I want to watch.

This seems reasonable and I totally get it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My fashionably late 5 cents:

NikkolasKing posted:

I have no idea what this current discussion or argument is about but isn't Alien one of the most important and influential scifi or horror movies of the last...what, 40 years?

I admittedly don't know much about Spawn but can it really be compared to a series that ushered in many (admittedly, all terrible except the first one) big Hollywood movies, comic books and video games, the last of which sold over 2 million copies? (at least, was Alien Isolation the last Alien game? It's the last one I know about)

Not only is the Alien one of the mist iconic...aliens ever, I have heard the movie popularized or pioneered that whole "space trucker" idea. And Ripley is one of the most famous movie heroines of all time.

I've never heard anybody brush it off as just a nerd niche thing.

Not only that, I'm fairly certain I've heard that Alien is the most studied movie ever made, that is, has the most Doctorate and Master's thesis to its name compared to any other film. I'm not a huge fan of the franchise as a whole, but the first movie isn't even remotely a cult classic or anything. It's genre-defining.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Anecdotally, re-selling Spawn toys has been much easier for me than Alien Toys. Iconic, yes, both are fairly "mainstream popular" but, again anecdotally, there seems to be more Spawn fans willing to soak up anything spawn related (like batman or similar) more than there are Alien folk.

Oh that's easy, it's just that Spawn-fans never grew up. Kidding aside, maybe Alien is just that mainstream that the vast majority of fans don't feel the need to collect memorabilia, whereas Spawn remains in that realm of people who collect pop-culture miscellanea.

Wildtortilla posted:

This thread sure got weird.

Yes, yes it did.

What've you been playing lately? You always have such thorough comments to make.

I've been bouncing between Hades, Mario Galaxy, MH: Rise and Stardew Valley.

The first I'm down to a run a day for. It's still very good, but I'm sort of treading water after 70 runs as content is still present but the grind is starting up. I think I'll keep to this holding position for a while since I'm still beating the harder difficulties, I'm at +7, at my highest at the moment.

Galaxy is pretty brilliant and I'm slowly clearing the levels. I do sort of hate the hub, it just feels like it takes too much time to play a level. I guess that's something Galaxy 2 did away with? Pity I'll never get a chance to play it. Also, Rosalina is not an interesting character in the slightest, and I do sort of hate how she just keeps showing up now in Mario games.

MH: Rise, has morphed into a phone game, that is I talk on the phone while grinding money in it. It's still good, but I prefer to play it with my buddy and haven't advanced much on my own. Also, despite it being very adapted to short sessions, I prefer sitting down for a couple of hours when playing it.

Stardew Valley is still an incredible game and it's awful how much it hooks me. I think everyone who likes the genre knows it by now, but it's just the best. I just started Fall 1 and things are going swimmingly. I take it far easier when I play with my partner, who has shocked me but actually enjoying it, even if she still messes up her button presses almost constantly.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Alien is a great film i couldn't appreciate as a child. Aliens is a film i loved whatever age i was

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Aliens is one of the greatest action movies ever made. Don't lump it in with 3+.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Alien is a great film i couldn't appreciate as a child. Aliens is a film i loved whatever age i was

I kinda feel that way about Terminator 1/2 now that I consider it..

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

kirbysuperstar posted:

I kinda feel that way about Terminator 1/2 now that I consider it..

Both the posts above yours are also applicable to the terminator flicks imo. Stoked that d+ has big trouble in Little China. Love that Games has a movies thread.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 14, 2021

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I have D+ because it rules having every Disney movie at my fingertips at all times

Why yes, I am a grown-rear end 31y/o adult male, why do you ask

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Devorum posted:

Aliens is one of the greatest action movies ever made. Don't lump it in with 3+.

It is but I have trouble enjoying Aliens because it's so different from Alien, which is one of my favorite movies. I also prefer horror to action I guess, though there are some great great action movies out there.

Do movies still get game adaptations, come to think of it? I remember how much of a thing that was back in the day. With blockbusters being superhero fare these days what's adapted isn't so much a movie as a franchise I find.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

D+? Oh you mean the Simpsons button on my Apple TV

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Both the posts above yours are also applicable to the terminator flicks imo. Stoked that d+ has big trouble in Little China. Love that Games has a movies thread.

I kind of enjoyed T4 but I know it's not like, good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Devorum posted:

I love the subtle + here. It tells a whole story

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

D2 was better

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Donkey Donkey Literature Club is the new rumored mainline Donkey Kong game

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't believe Nintendo is making a Spawn limited edition version of the Switch Pro.

I guess it makes sense when you consider Spawn is more popular than the Alien franchise.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Can’t wait for a whole nother day of wacky hot take rumors from our favorite Nintendo uncles. gently caress this time of year, holy poo poo.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My fashionably late 5 cents:

Not only that, I'm fairly certain I've heard that Alien is the most studied movie ever made, that is, has the most Doctorate and Master's thesis to its name compared to any other film. I'm not a huge fan of the franchise as a whole, but the first movie isn't even remotely a cult classic or anything. It's genre-defining.

Oh that's easy, it's just that Spawn-fans never grew up. Kidding aside, maybe Alien is just that mainstream that the vast majority of fans don't feel the need to collect memorabilia, whereas Spawn remains in that realm of people who collect pop-culture miscellanea.

Yes, yes it did.

What've you been playing lately? You always have such thorough comments to make.

I've been bouncing between Hades, Mario Galaxy, MH: Rise and Stardew Valley.

The first I'm down to a run a day for. It's still very good, but I'm sort of treading water after 70 runs as content is still present but the grind is starting up. I think I'll keep to this holding position for a while since I'm still beating the harder difficulties, I'm at +7, at my highest at the moment.

Galaxy is pretty brilliant and I'm slowly clearing the levels. I do sort of hate the hub, it just feels like it takes too much time to play a level. I guess that's something Galaxy 2 did away with? Pity I'll never get a chance to play it. Also, Rosalina is not an interesting character in the slightest, and I do sort of hate how she just keeps showing up now in Mario games.

MH: Rise, has morphed into a phone game, that is I talk on the phone while grinding money in it. It's still good, but I prefer to play it with my buddy and haven't advanced much on my own. Also, despite it being very adapted to short sessions, I prefer sitting down for a couple of hours when playing it.

Stardew Valley is still an incredible game and it's awful how much it hooks me. I think everyone who likes the genre knows it by now, but it's just the best. I just started Fall 1 and things are going swimmingly. I take it far easier when I play with my partner, who has shocked me but actually enjoying it, even if she still messes up her button presses almost constantly.

Been playing Mario Sunshine. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I think it’s mostly love.

My friend got a PS5 recently and mailed me his PS4 (and God of War). I got that this weekend and have been puttering around with that. It’s a pretty fun game. I haven’t made it very far and I’m surprised at how challenging I’m finding regular enemies. My first kid is due at the end of August so between painting two rooms in prep for him to arrive and doing everything else, I’m trying to finish GoW. If that goes very quickly I’d like to pick up Bloodborne, but I have my suspicions all the prep work and nesting efforts will preclude setting aside untold hours to play a From Soft game.

Also yesterday my BIL and his family visited yesterday. My almost six year old nephew fell in love with Mario during the pandemic and really wants a Switch for his bday in August (spoilers his parents are getting him one and I’m helping select the games). Anyway he was going on and on about how much he wants to play New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe so I fired up my Wii U and showed popped in the disc.

He lost his mind. My life long heavy investment into Nintendo is finally paying off. I am the undisputed cool uncle.

Then we cooped through most of the first world and had a blast. Everyone eventually gathered around the couch and was hollering and gasping and rooting us on. It was a blast. Next time they visit I’ll be prepared to setup a four person session. It’ll be great.

Now I need to really put some thought into what to get him for his bday.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Wildtortilla posted:

Now I need to really put some thought into what to get him for his bday.

A series of unsubstantiated rumors

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I think the Nintendo Direct tomorrow will be good.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

OhFunny posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

OhFunny posted:

It’s Nintendo, being good is a given. But I’m really not expecting to have my mind blown unless they pull the veil off BOTW2 or Metroid Prime 4 and neither of those are going to happen.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Replaying Xenoblade after 10 years, and some observations:

- It's much less anime than Xenoblade 2. I had to sell the sequel because I wasn't enjoying it THAT much. I wonder what happened.

- Really loving the exploration. Locations being so pretty makes it almost BotW levels of enjoyable

- They sure take their time with the really obvious twist of sword can cut mech, can't cut people. can't cut new mech. why?

- The boss music is pretty drat terrifying. At any moment loud guitars might start blaring but then you look around and a level 6 rabbit names Asswiper Jhonny is chasing you or some poo poo

- Riki shouldn't rule so hard, but making him a middle-aged mascot was a brilliant decision that elevates him above all similar characters

- Fashion sure is something. M100 set, in particular, is loving insane on every character

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

OhFunny posted:

It's just going to be a belated wake for Mario. There will be little mushroom shaped sandwiches.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I am looking forward to a number of advertisements and trailers for upcoming video games. I anticipate that there will be some that I am interested in and others that I am not.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
I heard that they will make a 2.5D remake of the original Legend of Zelda but only for PC and mobile...

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Al-Saqr posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Nintendo has never disappointed me.

Their games, and this may be controversial, are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I will say though if they Announce an HD wind waker port I will forgive them.