Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Karrion Kross vs. Kyle O’Riley vs. Pete Dunne, TakeOver In Your House, June 13

This was a ton of moves around the constant of Kross coming back in the ring like a movie monster to kill everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Bronson Reed & MSK vs. Legado del Fantasma, NXT Takeover In Your House, 6/13

nth. i like reed a lot

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
my stance is that raquel vs ember moon was ok and not botching all over the place unlike her big crowning main event with Io Shirai which was awful.

on that note since i dont think i nominated it at the time

WMOTYC Io Shirai vs Raquel Gonzalez - NXT Takeover Stand & Deliver Night 1 April 7, 2021

HM: Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Karrion Kross vs. Kyle O’Riley vs. Pete Dunne, TakeOver In Your House, June 13, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Yuya Uemura vs. Minoru Suzuki NJPW Kizuna Road 14.06

Good match in general and starmaking on Uemura's part. Dude showed some massive guts and is gonna be a huge deal one day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs. Yuya Uemura - NJPW Kizuna Road 6/14

Starting off the Uemura half of the gauntlet series in style, he's going to be an absolute loving star.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Yuya Uemura vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW Kizuna Road, 14/06

:rip:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Good match in general and starmaking on Uemura's part. Dude showed some massive guts and is gonna be a huge deal one day.

Nth. Suzuki was a monster, and Uemura was monstered, but he was also a hero.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 14.06

These young boys are super good. For a moment I actually believed.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Both of these, YL Challenge is gonna be the hottest thing this summer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Second. drat Tsuji is gonna be great once he graduates from Young Lion status.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, Shingo, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Tekkers, Desperado, and Kanemaru) NJPW Kizuna Road 14.06

Great multiman tag and build for the inevitable Tekkers vs Naito&SANADA match. Everybody brought their A-game and pulled off some real sick poo poo that made me want to see more. Also Shingo looked real good with that gold around his waist.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Kizuna Road June 14th
HM

Minoru Suzuki vs Yuya Uemura
- gently caress, that was awesome. The young man fought bravely, yet died all the same. There exists not a single world where Yuya Uemura pins Minoru Suzuki, but goddamit he made me believe
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yota Tsuji
- Tana gave Tsuji tons, boy's going to be a star in a few years

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MOTY: Chihiro Hashimoto, Mika Iwata, and X vs Rin Kadokura, Mio Momono, and X GAEAISM 6/13

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A couple of days late on this, but:

HM: Christian Cage vs. Angelico
HM: The Young Bucks/Brandon Cutler vs. PAC/Penta El Zero Miedo/Eddie Kingston
HM: Nyla Rose vs. Leyla Hirsch
HM: Hangman Page/10 vs. Brian Cage/Powerhouse Hobbs

MOTYC: Miro vs. Evil Uno

All from AEW Dynamite, 6/11/21

I gave the TNT championship match MOTYC because of the amazing storytelling from both guys. Uno knew he was outpowered, so he had to fight smart. And it worked, but Miro was just too strong. The final moments of Uno going for the Brodie tribute, then getting steamrolled and being forced to tap in front of the Dark Order did a TON to make Miro look like even more of a killer. I don't think anybody expected Uno to win this one, but there were 2 or 3 points where I thought we were going to see a huge upset. To me, that's when wrestling is at its best, when you get so invested in the story of the match that your emotions can override your common sense.

Everything else was great, and I love Christian's role of having a good match with a random roster member. Kind of like Cody's run with the TNT championship.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

- gently caress, that was awesome. The young man fought bravely, yet died all the same. There exists not a single world where Yuya Uemura pins Minoru Suzuki, but goddamit he made me believe

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, Shingo, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Tekkers, Desperado, and Kanemaru) NJPW Kizuna Road 14.06

Great multiman tag and build for the inevitable Tekkers vs Naito&SANADA match. Everybody brought their A-game and pulled off some real sick poo poo that made me want to see more. Also Shingo looked real good with that gold around his waist.

NTH. This was a fun show

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC - Chihiro Hashimoto, Mika Iwata & DASH Chisako vs. Mio Momono, Rin Kadokura & Mei Hoshizuki in an elimination match for the AAAW Singles Championship, AAAW Tag Team Championship, Sendai Girls World Championship and Sendai Girls Tag Team Championship - GAEA Japan GAEAISM Decade of a Quarter Century (6/13)

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1404446405071151115?s=19

This is my match of the year so far. The build up has been great between the two promotions involved. The crowd was about as good as I've been in for a clap crowd. Everything once it came down to the final two was fantastic.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Nth to both

My favorite moment in the Tsuji match was him attempting a top rope move, but was too slow to get into position because Tana worked on his knees, missing completely, and paying for it. But boy did I want him to land it there and then

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Nth to both these matches

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss, WWE RAW 6/14/21

So the match started out fine until Alexa started no-selling offense and then ~REGINALD~ showed up. And then he interfered for a DQ after a lovely top rope splash from Alexa.

Oh yeah and now he's starting to be brainwashed by Alexa.

WMOTYC: Jaxson Ryker vs Elias, WWE RAW 6/14/21

A bad match with the roles reversed. Elias should be the face, Ryker the heel. It also ended via count out.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 15, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Yeah agreed fun show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Yuya Uemura vs. Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW Kizuna Road, 15/06

Uemura's a really good fit for Zack's style

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Yuya Uemura - NJPW Kizuna Road 6/15

No, seriously, Uemura is gonna be a HUGE star, holy gently caress he's good. ZSJ having to pull out a brand new submission just to take him out was great.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: ZSJ vs Yuya Uemura NJPW Kizuna Road 15.06

One of the best grapplefuckery matches I've seen in a while. These two have styles that get extremely well, and at points I really started to believe.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Taichi vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 15.06

Another good match with some great storytelling throughout.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Taichi vs. Yota Tsuji - NJPW Kizuna Road 6/15

No, seriously, Tsuji is ALSO gonna be a huge star. He just kept on bringing it it and taking Taichi by surprise, yet another great match from another great Young Lion.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

HM: Yuya Uemura vs. Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW Kizuna Road, 15/06

Uemura's a really good fit for Zack's style

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Taichi vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 15.06

Another good match with some great storytelling throughout.

The real hot boi summer continues, seconded

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Yota Tsuji vs. Taichi, NJPW Kizuna Road, 15/06

Tsuji got them big boy hops

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Kizuna Road June 15th
HM

Yuya Uemura vs Zack Sabre Jr
- I am so invested in Uemura, he's going to be an absolute star
Yota Tsuji vs Taichi
- Taichi didn't take him seriously, then Tsuji won the shoulder block battles, then Taichi beat the poo poo out of him with a chair. Then Taichi started taking the match seriously. Ruled

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Chihiro Hashimoto, Mika Iwata & DASH Chisako vs. Mio Momono, Rin Kadokura & Mei Hoshizuki in an elimination match for the AAAW Singles Championship, AAAW Tag Team Championship, Sendai Girls World Championship and Sendai Girls Tag Team Championship - GAEA Japan GAEAISM Decade of a Quarter Century (6/13)

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1404446405071151115?s=19

This is my match of the year so far. The build up has been great between the two promotions involved. The crowd was about as good as I've been in for a clap crowd. Everything once it came down to the final two was fantastic.

Nth-ed. I blinked and missed Iwata elimination but regardless, the final two were amazing and if Mio Momono is not considered a top star in Marvelous, someone's messed up because she had big "gently caress YOU" energy regardless of who she was up against in the ring.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Wmoty: Dunne v Kross v Gargano v Cole v O'Reilly - NXT In Your House

Who the f cares about Dunne, Cole or Gargano as NXT champion in 2021? All three should have graduated NXT in 2019. Who could possibly care that these three chumps still think that the NXT title is the best belt out there. This should have been O'Reilly vs Kross in a singles match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Gunn Club vs. Chaos Project - AEW Dark - 5/15/2021

so much fun and so stupid and full of yelling and the commentary made it all the better

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 6/8:

HM: Dante Martin vs. Matt Sydal

This is a borderline MOTYC. Just some really fantastic stuff.

Timestamp

Seconding this, finally got around to it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yuya Uemura - NJPW Kizuna Road 6/16

The Ace is the Ace, of course, but at the risk of being a broken record, goddamn Uemura is gonna be a star. His selling in particular was great, but even things like the way he puts on headlocks are so crisp and well-timed, and his dropkick is a thing of beauty and.... dude's gonna be a loving star, alright?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yuya Uemura NJPW Kizuna Road 16.06

Young Boy status: Still Cool, still Good. Also Tana is giving these guys a hell of a lot.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 16.06

Local Boy fights God, actually makes God take it somewhat seriously.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Local Boy fights God, actually makes God take it seriously.

Second, if only for Okada faking out Tsuji with the fake Rainmaker, pinning him and then just strolling off like,"Yeah I'm done for the day." :allears:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Local Boy fights God, actually makes God take it somewhat seriously.

Nth

I got worked by the ending. What a cad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Kizuna Road June 16th
HM
Yuya Uemura vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Young Lion Gauntlet Series continues to rule, goddamn I love Uemura. Tana is Tana, he's a shell of his former self and still incredible.
Yota Tsuji vs Kazuchika Okada
- Okada you motherfucker :argh:
Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori, El Phantasmo, Dick Togo, Evil and Yujiro Takahashi) vs CHAOS (Yoshi-Hashi, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, YOH and SHO)
- Elimination tag matches are always a good time, outside of the required Dick fuckery everything was fun, and the right guy won.

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 16, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Roppongi 3k) vs Bullet Club (EVIL, Dick Togo, ELP, Taiji Ishimori & Yujiro Takahashi) NJPW Kizuna Road 16.06

This was a complete clusterfuck of a match, but with enough real good stuff sprinkled in to make it worth checking out. Nice storyline progression too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Kizuna Road June 16th
HM
Yuya Uemura vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Young Lion Gauntlet Series continues to rule, goddamn I love Uemura. Tana is Tana, he's a shell of his former self and still incredible.
Yota Tsuji vs Kazuchika Okada
- Okada you motherfucker :argh:
Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori, El Phantasmo, Dick Togo, Evil and Yujiro Takahashi) vs CHAOS (Yoshi-Hashi, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, YOH and SHO)
- Elimination tag matches are always a good time, outside of the required Dick fuckery everything was fun, and the right guy won.

I'll Nth these.

Really hope that Okada keeps THAT move in his repetoire going forward.