Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This guy seems insanely dumb lmao

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Since when is the 'OK' sign a white power thing? Genuine question, I have no idea and use it a lot I WhatsApp etc :confused:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

This guy seems insanely dumb lmao

Think how dumb the average footballer is and realize that Arnautovic is way dumber than that.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

That's quite hilarious - hoo boy... yikeseroo and so on..

Anyways, should I be watching Scots vs Czechs? No clue what level of alley brawl this'll be.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

shut up blegum posted:

Since when is the 'OK' sign a white power thing? Genuine question, I have no idea and use it a lot I WhatsApp etc :confused:

4chan basically made it a thing in the past few years, so now you get the classic "lol you think that's an actual WP symbol??" while white supremacists do use it unironically so both bases are covered

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Italy played the Czechs in a friendly last week or the week before and the Czechs were insanely bad. I imagine Scotland are also insanely bad but that’s just reputation. Anyway hopefully there are 100 goals in this match.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

shut up blegum posted:

also don't worry about it, you can still use it while doing manly stuff like hoisting poo poo, scuba diving and hurling slurs at your traditional ethnic enemies.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Splorange posted:

also don't worry about it, you can still use it while doing manly stuff like hoisting poo poo, scuba diving and hurling slurs at your traditional ethnic enemies.

👌

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Scotland have a good record against them recently (won the last 3 games, although one of those was against a covid ravaged Czech second team). None of those games were at a major tournament though...

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

'mon the Scotch

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad there is just one massive thread so if I miss a match I'm never going to be able to scroll through thousands of posts to see the posts for other ones! Thanks mods!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

track day bro! posted:

I'm glad there is just one massive thread so if I miss a match I'm never going to be able to scroll through thousands of posts to see the posts for other ones! Thanks mods!

Youre welcome.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

my "I AM NOT A RACIST!" instagram post is raising a lot of questions already answered by my post

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
anyway, surprising no one, the Denmark team say they were pressured into continuing play and would have been better off if someone above them had made an executive decision to take the matter out of their hands:

quote:

Denmark’s players expressed dissatisfaction on Monday at the position they were put in after Eriksen’s collapse. Uefa offered the players, who gathered in the locker room after witnessing Eriksen being treated on the pitch after a cardiac arrest, the choice of resuming the match on Saturday night or beginning again on Sunday at noon local time (10am GMT).

“We were put in a position I don’t think we should have been put in,” Schmeichel said. “It probably required that someone above us had said that it was not the time to make a decision and maybe should wait for the next day.

European football’s governing body wrote on Twitter on Saturday that the match would be restarted “following the request made by players of both teams”.

“We had two options. None of the options were good. We took the least bad one. There were a lot of players that weren’t able to play the match. They were elsewhere [mentally],” Denmark’s Martin Braithwaite said on Monday. “You could have wished for a third option in this situation.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/14/denmark-christian-eriksen-kasper-schmeichel-hospital-visit

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lmao pretty obvious and clear that they should never have resumed the game that afternoon

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

im no expert but dont they use scots nae scotch

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Looke posted:

Aye

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Groundskeeper Willie on the flag lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Looke posted:

hands up if youre using scotch right now

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My auntie got married at gretna green in the early 90s which makes me eligible to play for Scotland I think. Mon the boys, jings and crivens etc

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
They have their own anthem? That’s nice

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Don't play the music, just let them sing.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

African AIDS cum posted:

šiptar is not really slang tbf its what albanians call themselves

But did Arnautovic use a hard "R"?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I hope Scotland win.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

vyelkin posted:

my "I AM NOT A RACIST!" instagram post is raising a lot of questions already answered by my post

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

More football!!! :holy:

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

the euros finally started

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Rooting for Scotland to do well because not nearly enough teams use navy blue kits

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

fitbaw

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Scots dominating this, someone should czech on the other team

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

thinking some of the scottish players have had a little too much irnbru before the game started

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Cmon lads don't gently caress this up

Carrier
May 12, 2009

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitba

Portland
May 5, 2021
I’m not sure about these Scottish players. They seem to be playing dirty. I hope the ref stop this backtalk pretty soon.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

As someone with part-scottish, Irish, English and VIKING heritage I have to root for my boys in blue. Go Glasgows make me proud

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Play on Scottie

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
game could use a little more quality atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg