Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Chill, dude. It was simply a question. At no point was I "yelling."

Also, there's a reason I chose this user name. I never attested to being the sharpest knife in the door.

Lmao just lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yes everyone who flies the flag on Memorial Day is a bigot YOU GOT ME.

I don't know how you jumped to that based on my statement but here we are. Also don't use the negative self talk!!!

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
memorial day should be about remembering the boys in blue who crushed the slaver scum and preserved the union

nothing more, nothing less. It should not be celebrated in the south and instead they should do a white guilt day on that date

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Such a great, insightful response!

maffew buildings posted:

Also don't use the negative self talk!!!

OK! I will never do that again captain maffew buildings. Thanks for setting me straight.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Vasukhani posted:

memorial day should be about remembering the boys in blue who crushed the slaver scum and preserved the union

nothing more, nothing less. It should not be celebrated in the south and instead they should do a white guilt day on that date

do i still get to stay home from work

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Vasukhani posted:

memorial day was invented by lost causers, actually

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
also i'm only here to flex that austin dillon still has me blocked from like 6 years ago

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

As far as I know, no active drivers have me blocked. Brendan Gaughan and Eric McClure blocked me, but I won in the long run.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

mearn posted:

Eric McClure blocked me, but I won in the long run.

:stonk:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kinda like when dale earnhardt blocked sterling marlin

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Beachbum ty for your service o7 o7 o7

(Please note: I'm being extremely sarcastic here.)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

mearn posted:

Eric McClure blocked me, but I won in the long run.

ahahahahaha you guys are the best

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Mid-Ohio is dope as gently caress and XFINITY is the best NASCAR series, fight me

Edit: Okay so I forgot about the weirdo pit rules and this is kinda clownshoes, but still cool. My boys at Kaulig doing good, despite AJ's penalty.

Reynold fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 5, 2021

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Is anyone going to Pocono? I'm thinking about both days by myself, I don't think my crew will be traveling. I'd rather buy sooner and get higher up but of course, I worry about the weather.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Pinecone Sample posted:

Is anyone going to Pocono? I'm thinking about both days by myself, I don't think my crew will be traveling. I'd rather buy sooner and get higher up but of course, I worry about the weather.

My cousin, his wife, and I are planning on going up Sunday, but we'll be in the infield just past the tunnel turn if we do go.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There's an SRX preview show on CBSSN right now. Danica, unfortunately, is the narrator, and every time she says Ray Ev-eren-ham, I cringe.

I am looking forward to the finished product, though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CBJSprague24 posted:

There's an SRX preview show on CBSSN right now. Danica, unfortunately, is the narrator, and every time she says Ray Ev-eren-ham, I cringe.

I am looking forward to the finished product, though.

Speaking of, this debuts now on CBS.

That's CBS proper, not CBSSN

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
SRX was fun, not a barn-burner of a race but decent action and a good winner. Also really makes me wish NBC could have gotten Allen Bestwick instead of sticking us with Rick loving Allen.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
yeah, will watch again. Definitely stupid fun.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

bubba..

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i know it'll never happen but i'd like to see what chastain, buescher or jones could do in the 23

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I don't understand anything about the format of this and I would have forgotten about it if I didn't start seeing gifs of cars spinning out on twitter.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Also it's fuckin annoying that this thread doesn't come up from my history when I type NASCAR or when I ctrl+f NASCAR on a list, regardless of whether it is or was a funny joke at some point, sorry

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

Also it's fuckin annoying that this thread doesn't come up from my history when I type NASCAR or when I ctrl+f NASCAR on a list, regardless of whether it is or was a funny joke at some point, sorry

Any ideas from the thread on a new title then, given we’re more than half a season in?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

harperdc posted:

Any ideas from the thread on a new title then, given we’re more than half a season in?

I don't really care as long as it has "NASCAR" in it
Umm something about the lack of sponsorships...?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Also I know it's the all-star race but I always found the introductions to drag a bit, and that was annoying because it was an extremely Eddie Gossage thing. But Jamie Little was great as emcee and she is somehow even more versatile than they use her for, and sometimes the only bright spot on an entire Fox weekend. I do still like when Gordon tips off some experience I've not heard from him but he's given away most of the good stuff by now.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The joke is Larson said the N word and it’s not the hard to bookmark threads

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

harperdc posted:

why ruin the best thread title in SAS

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I liked runner-up "NASCAR 2021: Hard "R"s Earn Hendrick Cars"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

GD_American posted:

why ruin the best thread title in SAS

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

stealie72 posted:

I liked runner-up "NASCAR 2021: Hard "R"s Earn Hendrick Cars"

U can't cancel fast had me laughing for weeks.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

What the hell was any of that

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

shyduck posted:

What the hell was any of that

Six stages of grief, a NASCAR story.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

as a nascar fan, i really hate racing so i'm glad they kept it down to 15 laps at a time. also i hate consequential pit stops so it's a good thing all of the stage break pit stops didn't affect positioning.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Honestly, it was dumb but I can't hate it too much because every all star game is lame.

Now, if NASCAR wanted to make like the NFL/NHL and have a day of skills challenges the day before, I'd watch that.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I thought it was fine I just wanted some longer runs

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Honestly, it was dumb but I can't hate it too much because every all star game is lame.

Now, if NASCAR wanted to make like the NFL/NHL and have a day of skills challenges the day before, I'd watch that.

I didn't watch any of this stuff this year becaue 1 I had stuff to do and 2 it's universally terrible. Don't they do the funny qualifying where it's like a 1/2 lap, pit stop with no speed limit then one more full lap or something.

It'd be cool if they did something at like charlotte where the race was 1/2 oval then intermission to do roval..

Add a doughnut competition or something voted on by teh fans.

Just go full WWE / Monster Jam is what I'm saying.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Just go full WWE / Monster Jam is what I'm saying.
Basically this.

Dukes of Hazard jump event
Demolition derby
[Insert dumb poo poo that Top Gear has already done]

Edit: Here's a quickly googled list of the dumb poo poo that is the NFL Pro Bowl challenge. Watching real people play Madden mini-games is far more amusing than the game: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872909-nfl-pro-bowl-skills-showdown-2020-results-highlights-and-twitter-reaction

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 14, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just run a figure 8 race for the Nascar all stars race.

Also the all stars race is a joke since just about every cup driver gets in anyway. They should mix it up and let the Truck and Xfinity series drivers earn a spot too...

Or they could just get rid of the all stars race since it loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Or they could just get rid of the all stars race since it loving sucks.

:hmmyes: