Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They announced Tokyo Mirage Sessions when it was basically just a concept of SMT meets FE, the original teaser had images of SMT4 characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is like saying that Big O is less anime than G Gundam.
I have no idea what this means, but I'm sure you understand. There's anime aesthetics and tropes, and then there's robot maids, "funny" overacting characters, and tsundere girl swords.

Manoueverable posted:

I would imagine at least for BOTW2 it's because they expect it to be released next year and the Direct announcement said it would focus on the rest of this year.
Unless I'm missing something, tweet says "mostly". They always show some things for the future.
I understand keeping expectations in check and I'm not trying to be all "it's totally happening!", but I'm pretty sure they said their directs are going to focus on games coming soon for the last forever, and always threw in quite a few surprises. I personally am certain we'll see BotW2, but even if we won't, it's ok. I'm more interested in seeing what they'll do with next Mario, frankly.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1404471078446112770

"exclusively on software"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

glassyalabolas posted:

"exclusively on software"

so what you're saying is the switch pro is confirmed :hmmyes:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mostly focused on 2021 then? Maybe Splatoon 3 or Metroid may make an appearance, almost for certain BotW will be mentioned if you ask me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Switch Pro software update confirmed

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So exactly what they said the last time they told everyone about this

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Switch Pro software update confirmed

you wouldn't download more ram?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

10 minutes of mario golf deep dive
2 minute trailer for BOTW2, 2022 release date, please understand
5 minutes spent on some new initiative ala LABO that no one will care about
2 minutes spent on SMTV
2 minute trailer for Splatoon 3
5 minutes spent on indie games that have already been shown in the other E3 events
5 minutes spent on Age of Calamity DLC
3 minutes spent on Real Deal Rusty being added to Smash
a 2 minute montage going around Nintendo's various second party studios where they all throw their arms up in the air, shrugging
2 minute trailer for Nintendoland Switch port
ONE MORE THING!!!
Nintendo re-shows the Metroid Prime 4 logo and Bayonetta 3 teaser from three years ago, verbatim

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

2 minutes spent on SMTV
5 minutes spent on indie games that have already been shown in the other E3 events
a 2 minute montage going around Nintendo's various second party studios where they all throw their arms up in the air, shrugging
ONE MORE THING!!!
Nintendo re-shows the Metroid Prime 4 logo and Bayonetta 3 teaser from three years ago, verbatim

Hmm. Seems unlikely to me.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/sidebargames/status/1404488962333241346

Hell yes

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I look forward to playing unspecified things at unspecified points in the future

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They announced Tokyo Mirage Sessions when it was basically just a concept of SMT meets FE, the original teaser had images of SMT4 characters

Over half a decade later and I’m still mad

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I would unironically take a Nintendoland port, there was some good stuff in there

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

2 minutes spent on SMTV
ONE MORE THING!!!

An optimist eh?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The nintendo e3 event will be bad like every other e3 event

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

Over half a decade later and I’m still mad

It's a good game though

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Nintendo is gonna re-release nintendogs for the switch as a free to play game with micro transactions.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

The nintendo e3 event will be bad like every other e3 event

How dare you. The Xbox mini fridge looks great.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

says 40 minutes of software then 3 hours of gameplay. Could be 3 hours of gameplay on a New Nintendo Switch. I mean unlikely but I like keeping the game alive.

Or maybe hardware is E3 let's just roll the rumor to the next date. Wait the treehouse is their E3 isn't it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

pixaal posted:

says 40 minutes of software then 3 hours of gameplay. Could be 3 hours of gameplay on a New Nintendo Switch. I mean unlikely but I like keeping the game alive.

Or maybe hardware is E3 let's just roll the rumor to the next date.

Come on man

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we'll probably see Good Feel's new IP tomorrow

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

nintendo will announce the "Switch Pro... League", their new e-sports initiative

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

we'll probably see Good Feel's new IP tomorrow

Looks kinda like Goemon?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

pixaal posted:

Or maybe hardware is E3 let's just roll the rumor to the next date. Wait the treehouse is their E3 isn't it.

They already did. The rumor is now the end of the month

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Oscar Wild posted:

Nintendo is gonna re-release nintendogs for the switch as a free to play game with micro transactions.

Nah. Mobile game instead of on switch.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Ok, I'll jump on that wagon with the quantifier of "Golden sun 1/2 is better than the NES/SNES Dragon Quests"

Be thankful that bad opinions are not illegal. Yet. :cop:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Gonna see an isometric pixel version of Elden Ring

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also they could show detective pikachu 2

the other thing is..i looked at Level 5's wiki page and apparently Yokai Watch Jam had its title changed to: "Y School Heroes: Bustlin' School Life" which means that (a) it is probably coming to america, (b) that is a really dumb title, and (c) the yokai watch brand has become so poisonous outside of Japan that Level 5 would rather name the game 'Y School Heroes', three words that mean nothing

level 5's NA operations are dead but i assume that L5 games can still come to America either directly from the main company or through being published by Nintendo or XSEED or whatever

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 14, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The 7th Guest posted:

also they could show detective pikachu 2

the other thing is..i looked at Level 5's wiki page and apparently Yokai Watch Jam had its title changed to: "Y School Heroes: Bustlin' School Life" which means that (a) it is probably coming to america, (b) that is a really dumb title, and (c) the yokai watch brand has become so poisonous outside of Japan that Level 5 would rather name the game 'Y School Heroes', three words that mean nothing

level 5's NA operations are dead but i assume that L5 games can still come to America either directly from the main company or through being published by Nintendo or XSEED or whatever

Something like this sounds like something Nippon Ichi would port.
I haven't even heard of Yokai Watch before, how did this become so hated?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They will never show Detective Pikachu! It's probably the easiest game on earth to make with a competent team so I have no idea why it's still not a thing.

What is a thing is this LEGO puzzler. Ever since the first Star Wars one from TT came out I've had a similar idea for a game banging about in my head and now someone's gone and made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K1m8WfPeck

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Be thankful that bad opinions are not illegal. Yet. :cop:

It is you, not I, with the Bad Opinion™, my good fellow.

I would like some more exclusive rpgs, personally. but everything is more cross platform now.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There's an Apple Arcade exclusive or 2 I'd like to see on the Switch. Sayonara Wild Hearts was fun.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

40 minutes of marvel's guardians of the galaxy nintendo switch port

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Augus posted:

40 minutes of marvel's guardians of the galaxy nintendo switch port

It'd actually a Groot dating sim where all questions and answers are I am Groot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The 7th Guest posted:

2 minutes spent on SMTV
ONE MORE THING!!!

Also one "oh that looks cute, but not major" game followed by "...available on the eShop right now."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

External Organs posted:

It'd actually a Groot dating sim where all questions and answers are I am Groot.

very optimistic of you to envision a game with a unique identity

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Augus posted:

very optimistic of you to envision a game with a unique identity

Thanks I also have an idea for an iron man organizer puzzle where he has to sort items in his lab into the correct bins before pepper pots comes and makes him test essential oils

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I know opinions on anime get weird here but I can't imagine watching Big O and G Gundam and thinking 'ah yes, these are identical'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s gonna be one or two new Zelda ports, stuff on games we already know about, and a complete no show from botw 2, Metroid, and the annual Earthbound rumors.

This will still be better than anything that’s been shown this E3 so far.