Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Vincent posted:

What's a good site to read or watch their E3 coverage? I used to watch Giantbomb's but pretty much everyone is gone from there.

You could watch the Alex/Vinny/Brad project, Nextlander:

https://www.twitch.tv/nextlander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watch vTubers make bad puns instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQZ24DOQJcw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Heh, was hell biker supposed to be hard? Didn’t have to heal once

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Thanks, buds!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Vincent posted:

What's a good site to read or watch their E3 coverage? I used to watch Giantbomb's but pretty much everyone is gone from there.

I like the Easy Allies:

http://twitch.tv/easyallies

For context they do a betting special with fake money every year, so you might hear references to that (two people already made bank by betting that Elden Ring would get a date and FFXVI wouldn’t show, respectively).

Vtubers are good too, Nyanners watching Geoff Fest was hilarious

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gonna watch this instead

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I gotta say I've been really enjoying the Giant Bomb coverage this year. I'd been flipping between GB and Nextlander's streams, but ended up enjoying GB more and mostly watching those. The Nextlander dudes seem to still be getting settled in to their new Twitch life and maybe come across as a little on-edge at the moment. I imagine there's a ton of off-screen production stuff they're still having to work out on the fly, but don't also have an off-screen producer pushing buttons while they host. I'm sure they'll get there though! They're all v funny and thoughtful people.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Vincent posted:

Twitch? go to the Special Events tab and chose a channel

I watch Jospeh Anderson because he is very cynical and funny https://twitch.tv/andersonjph

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

VideoGames posted:

It turns out that beating Bloodborne last year prepared me for souls games and I am much better at them than I thought. I have been playing them on stream for goons since Jan this year every tuesday evening, friday evening and sunday afternoon.

DS1 took me 27 hours. DS2 took me 57 hours. DS3 took me 37 hours. Sekiro took me 29 hours. Demons Souls took me 17 hours. That is doing every boss and all dlc - except for the three bosses in the coop areas of DS2 or the shura ending for Sekiro.

It has been an absolute blast of great gaming :D

speaking of sekiro, even though i sucked hard at it, i was enjoying it because i was looking forward to getting better at the mechanics the more i practiced at the game.

then the game introduced a mechanic that punished me for dying and trying to get better at the game, and i gave up.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Willo567 posted:

speaking of sekiro, even though i sucked hard at it, i was enjoying it because i was looking forward to getting better at the mechanics the more i practiced at the game.

then the game introduced a mechanic that punished me for dying and trying to get better at the game, and i gave up.

I am trying to think of the mechanic. Do you mean the dragonrot?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dragonrot really doesnt do much of anything despite how its framed, i wouldnt worry about it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Willo567 posted:

Honestly you can ignore the dragonrot stuff for the most part. It doesn't affect you outside of a couple of sidequests, and if you want to do those you can easily save your anti-dragonrot consumables and do a tour of all the NPCs at your leisure.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yeah dragonrot had very little effect on my game in the end and curing it was not much of an issue. One cure thing heals everyone so you could spend time dying over and over if you were practicing. You can also practice with the immortal dude who is a very good training partner.

Thank you mortal blade for putting him at ease.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

IGN did an interview with Miyazaki. I've only given it a skim but it seems like they got a lot of info out of him. In particular he elaborated on what GRRM actually contributed.

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-miyazaki-hidetaka-full-interview-summer-of-gaming

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the only practical effect of dragonrot is that if you get stuck on a boss for a while, random sidequests get blocked. When you feel like doing sidequests you probably have the means to unblock them and it only takes one to fix them all at once.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

stev posted:

In particular he elaborated on what GRRM actually contributed.

"I was going to save this for Winds of Winter, but imma give it to you"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Guilty Gear Strive is a good rear end fighting game with incredible netcode and possibly the worst lobby/matchmaking system I've ever played with.

It truly is the cow turds burning.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Willo567 posted:

the sole purpose of dragonrot is to mechanically push the narrative that your immortality is flawed and harmful. all it does is lower the already negligible chance for you to keep your unbanked money and exp on death and pause any afflicted npc's questline. there are way more npcs that don't have quests than do and you get more than enough of the item that completely cures dragonrot for everyone, it's very easy to ignore as a game mechanic

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

I dont post a lot here unless fak's telling me something funny happened but i wanted to post

it's my birthday i'm 30 years-old this is longer than i thought i'd be alive WOO

Happy birthday!!! I also thought I'd never make it to my 30s. Still not sure it's all that enjoyable TBQH.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

Happy birthday!!! I also thought I'd never make it to my 30s. Still not sure it's all that enjoyable TBQH.

I turned 40 last year, and so far it's been better than the entirety of my 30's.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Pollyanna posted:

I am currently 38 and in the last eight years I've changed country, career, bought a house, quit smoking and drinking, haven't lost my hair, am getting paid significantly better than in my 20s and am getting married next month. 30s own, my friend.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frytechnician posted:

I am currently 38 and in the last eight years I've changed country, career, bought a house, quit smoking and drinking, haven't lost my hair, am getting paid significantly better than in my 20s and am getting married next month. 30s own, my friend.

This is good perspective. In my 30s i've finished college, moved to another state for a full time job, bought a house, and got married. Getting the full time job helped with the rest, it allowed me to start seeing a therapist. :P

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

I dont post a lot here unless fak's telling me something funny happened but i wanted to post

it's my birthday i'm 30 years-old this is longer than i thought i'd be alive WOO

happy birthday!

I've got 31 coming up in a few months so all these posters saying their 30s were better are encouraging :unsmith:

Relax Or DIE posted:

huh well i must say this is a surprise, but an overdue one for sure

you earned it bud

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

In my 20s I finished my Bachelors, tried to break into my first career, failed miserably, moved in with my parents, spent a year breaking into a new career, had two major surgeries, spent 5+ years in my new and more tolerable career, moved from Florida to Massachusetts into my own place, and saved up almost as much as I'll ever need for retirement.

My 30s are gonna need to pull overtime to accomplish more than that.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I love being in my 30's because you're not an old person or a young person but just a full-on person. Like, if you create a new character in The Sims and don't move their age slider from the default, that sim is probs 30 something.

You also realise that it make zero difference what you did or didn't accomplish during your 20's because the sheer fact of having got through your 20's is gonna give you a degree of self-confidence and general comfort in your own skin.

My knees do hurt though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Knowing what it took to get through your 20s and knowing how close that can get to utter ruination definitely colors expectations in your 30s.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vincent posted:

A bunch of former GB folks just formed Nextlander and they watched the major E3 pressers, some in conjunction with Waypoint (also GB alums), and the latter also looked at the indie showcases. Their VODs are up on Twitch

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I got hyped to watch nintendo's direct only to find out it's tomorrow and not today, whoops

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In my early 30s and in the last couple years got married, bought a house, and starting making six figures in my career (also it became a career p much). I'm also about to get a dog!

In addition, I only am interested in old properties marketed directly to me, and I don't understand youths anymore

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I’m in my early 30’s, my own business is finally starting to make solid money, and I’m starting to save for a house/retirement finally and getting in the best shape of my life. I did end the relationship I thought was going to be my last before the pandemic so I have to still do that, but I’m turning 34 this year and I feel young as gently caress, but wiser. I’m going to crush this decade.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vincent posted:

a bunch of ex giant bomb guys formed Nextlander but Giant Bombs kinda full of new energy with Danny O' Dwyer on

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
all these posts about how good your 30s are make me real hopeful for sonic's future :unsmith:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've got a friend who shares a birthday with sonic

He's also coincidentally got a huge appetite for chili dogs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Looper posted:

all these posts about how good your 30s are make me real hopeful for sonic's future :unsmith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*googles average lifespan for a hedgehog* oh no

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm in the mood for a dumb action shooter and having just watched the trailer for Shadow Warrior 2 I think it might be what I'm after

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnvNCN5RRuo

only £7 on Steam too!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm in the mood for a dumb action shooter and having just watched the trailer for Shadow Warrior 2 I think it might be what I'm after

only £7 on Steam too!

play the severed steel demo too

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

wuggles posted:

play the severed steel demo too

a score based first person shooter with whacky gravity where you move about very quickly?

sounds like a cracker to me, i'll give it a shot!

also, didn't realise Shadow Warrior was by the Serious Sam people or that there was a bundle on steam with the first game and the original 90's shooter for £12 - instant sale, love me some classic fps action

maybe one day I'll finally go play through Hexen and Heretic

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

JollyBoyJohn posted:

only £7 on Steam too!

It is extremely dumb child humour (same as the first one) and I enjoyed it, it's basically a pseudo open world looter shooter, with extra stabbymans thrown in. Worth it for under a tenner though IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Harada on rollback in Tekken: "just wait for your internet infrastructure to improve"

https://mobile.twitter.com/KM_Atma/status/1404107030663684097