Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Atrocious Joe posted:

the woman in this clip definitely thinks yanks were the ones to liberate Aushwitz
https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/1403336716568629248?s=20

This dumbass dipshit also later mentions the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact later as a example of the Soviets somehow being directly complicit in nazi warcimes, as if the United States' policy of neutrality while continuing to do business with both Axis and Allies (see, eg, the invention of Fanta by the coca cola corporation because they had to create a soft drink for the nazis despite Germany's low sugar supplies due to war rationing) wasn't functionally identical. The United States literally passed all kinds of laws to stay out of the conflict (called collectively the Neutrality Acts) through Congress right up until 1941.

The United States (and Canada and Cuba) turned away the MS St. Louis. The America First Committee had a membership of over 800,00 people and advocated non intervention in WWII right up until four days after the pearl harbour bombings.

Virtually every nation involved in WWII has Jewish blood on their hands in one way or another and trying to claim different just to win a point vs modern leftist movements is craven and repulsive.

My grandparents were liberated from their respective death camps by the red army, and Yair Rosenberg can suck the poo poo straight out of my rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

drat horror queefs posted:

This dumbass dipshit also later mentions the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact later as a example of the Soviets somehow being directly complicit in nazi warcimes, as if the United States' policy of neutrality while continuing to do business with both Axis and Allies (see, eg, the invention of Fanta by the coca cola corporation because they had to create a soft drink for the nazis despite Germany's low sugar supplies due to war rationing) wasn't functionally identical. The United States literally passed all kinds of laws to stay out of the conflict (called collectively the Neutrality Acts) through Congress right up until 1941.

Nobody ever makes the connection that the reason why Stalin had to cover his rear end with the M-R Pact in the first place was because he repeatedly approached the West first with offers for some kind of alliance with them against Hitler, and not only did he get rebuffed (or ignored), he could see quite clearly that the UK and France would much rather cut deals with Germany than work with him against the Nazis.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

The United States (and Canada and Cuba) turned away the MS St. Louis. The America First Committee had a membership of over 800,00 people and advocated non intervention in WWII right up until four days after the pearl harbour bombings.

Virtually every nation involved in WWII has Jewish blood on their hands in one way or another and trying to claim different just to win a point vs modern leftist movements is craven and repulsive.

My grandparents were liberated from their respective death camps by the red army, and Yair Rosenberg can suck the poo poo straight out of my rear end in a top hat.

Imagine how iconic this picture would have been if those were american soldiers.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
for one thing, every western nation turned away jews fleeing Germany, directly due to antisemitism

only japan considered throwing open their gates... because antisemitism made them seem badass

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Didn't Japan want a bunch because of they thought they'd have a positive effect on the economy or something like that or was that earlier?

He seems the type who'd accuse you of self-loathing for daring to disagree

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Hodgepodge posted:

for one thing, every western nation turned away jews fleeing Germany, directly due to antisemitism

only japan considered throwing open their gates... because antisemitism made them seem badass

Yeah but we never went there because, as everyone knows, Jews fear The Samurai

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

so japanese leadership had the Trump brain where they believed every negative stereotype but also thought those were good traits?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

zegermans posted:

so japanese leadership had the Trump brain where they believed every negative stereotype but also thought those were good traits?

sort of, i think they were very concerned with competing on the world stage, were influenced by race theory, and naive to what was actually going on.

in that context a bunch of people who can control the most powerful nations in the world through their sheer intelligence sounds pretty sexy to have on your side

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

some in the Japanese leadership thought the Protocols of the Elders of Zion was a self-help book

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Even today you'll find stuff published in China with titles like "Learn to Manage your Money with the Secret Power of the Jews," where it's using stereotypes as a foundation for probably vacuous self-help.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
yeah they heard that the Jews were really good with money and wanted to see if they could get them to come to Manchuria and make money there to benefit the Japanese empire

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'll literally never forget a Chinese friend's mother talking to me as a kid, finding out I was Jewish, asking if my family worked in finance (they didn't), then asking if I was good at math or science. When I said I was alright at science she seemed genuinely happy to hear that and just kinda nodded happily and straight up told my friend in front of me I was 'good to have around'.

I'm not gonna say it's not antisemitism to speak to a Jewish kid like that, but boy is it a nicer form than when another friend's dad called me 'the little kike'.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

TBF the neutrality acts were based around the proposition that the US shouldn't be the arms dealer to the world, profiting off of bloody conflicts. It started with the Chaco Wars, and tried to prevent American weapons from being sold to Italy and Japan for use against the Ethiopians and Chinese. In 1939 it was amended to allow the British and French to buy weapons to use against the Nazis and by early 1941, Roosevelt was having the US Navy tool around the Atlantic shooting at German U-Boats in hope of provoking a war dec.

Compare the underlying goal of the laws to the present, where the US is making so many weapons it has to give them away to all sorts of repressive regimes, from the IDF to the NYPD.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I don’t think it’s reactionary, defensive of the US, or ignorant of the USSR’s previous attempts to strike deals with the other European powers to say that the Neutrality Acts were not functionally identical to the M-R Pact, since one of them explicitly prescribed spheres of influence and territorial allocations and the other did not. It’s not a criticism of the USSR to observe that difference.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sullat posted:

TBF the neutrality acts were based around the proposition that the US shouldn't be the arms dealer to the world, profiting off of bloody conflicts. It started with the Chaco Wars, and tried to prevent American weapons from being sold to Italy and Japan for use against the Ethiopians and Chinese.

That's not what happened in practice though - as the excerpt I provided earlier says, the Neutrality Act (at least as of the 1935 implementation) didn't cover oil, so oil still got sold to fascist regimes, Ford and Studebaker and GM still sold trucks to fascist regimes (since they technically weren't war materiel), and even DuPont still managed to sell bombs - all you had to do was to sell it to Germany first as a technical non-belligerent in the Spanish Civil War, and then the Germans pass-on the bombs to Franco.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The biggest and most salient critique of M-R is how the Soviets materially assisted the Nazis by trading commodities for technology, so if the US was doing the same thing for money then it's directly comparable.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Number of nuclear bombs used as a weapon by the USSR: 0

Ditto for Amerikkka: not 0

Which one of these are the good guys???

- a clown

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Pirate Radar posted:

I don’t think it’s reactionary, defensive of the US, or ignorant of the USSR’s previous attempts to strike deals with the other European powers to say that the Neutrality Acts were not functionally identical to the M-R Pact, since one of them explicitly prescribed spheres of influence and territorial allocations and the other did not. It’s not a criticism of the USSR to observe that difference.

Lol did it explicitly? I always heard it was a secret portion of the agreement. So were the conferences between Uncle Joe and Churchill and Roosevelt just as bad in your mind, since they explicitly prescribed spheres of influence?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ardent Communist posted:

Lol did it explicitly? I always heard it was a secret portion of the agreement. So were the conferences between Uncle Joe and Churchill and Roosevelt just as bad in your mind, since they explicitly prescribed spheres of influence?

“just as bad”—I literally said I wasn’t saying M-R was bad

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

From the linked article:

quote:

It seems likely that EA believes by avoiding the P-word, they are removing themselves from greater levels of critical and customer scrutiny. But consider what the company is inferring when it declares ideological inertness. If Battlefield 2042 was truly apolitical, that means DICE was exclusively inspired by the graphical possibilities of our coming apocalypse, and that the collateral human misery, failed states, and biospheric catastrophe seemed solely like incredible venues for firefights and nothing more. That is grim as hell!

:smith:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

sexpig by night posted:

I'll literally never forget a Chinese friend's mother talking to me as a kid, finding out I was Jewish, asking if my family worked in finance (they didn't), then asking if I was good at math or science. When I said I was alright at science she seemed genuinely happy to hear that and just kinda nodded happily and straight up told my friend in front of me I was 'good to have around'.

I'm not gonna say it's not antisemitism to speak to a Jewish kid like that, but boy is it a nicer form than when another friend's dad called me 'the little kike'.

i chased off a guy breaking into my car. he had a getaway car (!!!!) but i managed to memorize the license plate. when i was mentioned it to an old lady who lived in the neighbourhood while walking my dog, she complimented me with "oh yes, you're good at maths, aren't you?"

just had to lol and agree

crepeface has issued a correction as of 07:49 on Jun 12, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

From the linked article:

quote:

It seems likely that EA believes by avoiding the P-word, they are removing themselves from greater levels of critical and customer scrutiny. But consider what the company is inferring when it declares ideological inertness. If Battlefield 2042 was truly apolitical, that means DICE was exclusively inspired by the graphical possibilities of our coming apocalypse, and that the collateral human misery, failed states, and biospheric catastrophe seemed solely like incredible venues for firefights and nothing more. That is grim as hell!

:smith:

idk it seems a bit much to ask for a big budget video game to address climate change and ecofascism.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

crepeface posted:

idk it seems a bit much to ask for a big budget video game to address climate change and ecofascism.

how big would the budget need to be to fit those in?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Pirate Radar posted:

how big would the budget need to be to fit those in?

Big enough to only get the funding from dead eyed corporate megaliths who will water it down to a watch dogs story and all the relevant, biting commentary that implies.

Terra Nil, a teeny tiny indie game due for a upgrade soon is probably the most interesting game I've seen recently that tackle the subject.

Also to fit the theme of the thread I think cis people don't have souls

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it would have to be smaller

edit: the best big budget game to address climate collapse is dark souls

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

tokin opposition posted:

- a clown

people today unironically try to pass off the nuking of 2 big cities as something good which saved lives

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

crepeface posted:

i chased off a guy breaking into my car. he had a getaway car (!!!!) but i managed to memorize the license plate. when i was mentioned it to an old lady who lived in the neighbourhood while walking my dog, she complimented me with "oh yes, you're good at maths, aren't you?"

just had to lol and agree

Letters and numbers, so you're set for algebra

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

crepeface posted:

it would have to be smaller

edit: the best big budget game to address climate collapse is dark souls

does disco elysium count

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

please knock Mom! posted:

people today unironically try to pass off the nuking of 2 big cities as something good which saved lives

oh lord

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

- a clown

AHA, but you see if Stalin DID have nukes who is to say he wouldn't have used them?? In fact he might have used more than 2! In a quantum sense the USSR is far worse!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

World War Mammories posted:

does disco elysium count

also acceptable.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VengerSatanis/s...ingawful.com%2F

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

tokin opposition posted:

- a clown

But did you think about the the 1 gorillion killed by commies

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Communism calls for a revolution. For people to revolt, they have to be miserable.

That's why the pro-commies keep convincing people that everything sucks and is fascist. Even inconsequential things like a loving cartoon. Hyper-wokeness.

Except of course the truly terrible things that people do, who share their political compass. Somehow they sleep on those atrocities.

Communists killing civilians? Inconsequential. A cartoon that tells stories to a wider audience? Fascist.

Communists are a loving joke.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Nobody ever makes the connection that the reason why Stalin had to cover his rear end with the M-R Pact in the first place was because he repeatedly approached the West first with offers for some kind of alliance with them against Hitler, and not only did he get rebuffed (or ignored), he could see quite clearly that the UK and France would much rather cut deals with Germany than work with him against the Nazis.

I will never not get extremely mad whenever I think about that fascism could have been defeated in Spain.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lol cmon link it

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
https://twitter.com/blackwomencry/status/1403881470389899269

this is especially deranged, i think

selec
Sep 6, 2003

an enormous amount of “I keep pulling hot dogs out of the gutter why aren’t any of them good?” energy in the replies

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/OlgaNYC1211/status/1404455880448479232?s=20
https://twitter.com/OlgaNYC1211/status/1404460337009659910?s=20

why does this have so many likes. who are these people seeing so much pro-Putin media in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

"normalizing Putin" is a very funny way of putting it, like, he's been president for 17 of the last 21 years (and obviously was still in charge when he was prime minister). ah no heaven forfend, people might get used to thjis.