Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

dogsicle posted:

i'm gonna find whoever keeps giving characters sleeves connected to nothing and stop them

Every once in a while I take a close look at someone like Fischl and wonder how awful it must be for her to just get dressed in the morning, and have a good chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

gandlethorpe posted:

Unfortunately doesn't work on the most common Cryo shields (mages) because they're immune to freeze :negative:

Cryo being immune to freeze is the dumbest thing. Like, if you throw water at a cold thing it still ends up covered in ice like some kind of quick-drying cement, right?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

King of Bleh posted:

Every once in a while I take a close look at someone like Fischl and wonder how awful it must be for her to just get dressed in the morning, and have a good chuckle.

Well I assume Mona never changes because she's too poor to afford pajamas.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you like women in heels and tights, Genshin is for you. I'm trying to think of dress codes for the male characters, and I can't think of any.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
For anyone following this stuff like an idiot Yoimiya's Q got a huge buff today from 80 energy/20 second CD to 60 energy 15 second CD (with a substantial nerf to initial damage which doesnt matter, ~5% nerf to DoT damage).

Imo she needed it and now C0 is looking good (C1 is looking awesome). The power creep continues!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

For anyone following this stuff like an idiot Yoimiya's Q got a huge buff today from 80 energy/20 second CD to 60 energy 15 second CD (with a substantial nerf to initial damage which doesnt matter, ~5% nerf to DoT damage).

Imo she needed it and now C0 is looking good (C1 is looking awesome). The power creep continues!

Did I see something recently about improved controller bow aiming? I avoided Ganyu because I hated aiming the bow with the controller, but I noticed with some of the new bubble puzzles you need a bow user for that bow aiming feels better. Might compel me to pull for Yomama.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I started playing this rear end staring simulator on Friday and just hit AL 16. I'm enjoying it so far. I absolutely love collectables that are all over the place and you gotta figure out how to get em. The puzzles are cute and not overly annoying, and I'm beginning to understand the character swaps more. I agree with the other dude, the game needs a fishing mechanic other than swimming and pressing F. The cooking mechanic is okay, so they could just put that meter to a fishing rod or something and call it a day. I want to collect hundreds of fish.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 14, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tsyni posted:

Did I see something recently about improved controller bow aiming? I avoided Ganyu because I hated aiming the bow with the controller, but I noticed with some of the new bubble puzzles you need a bow user for that bow aiming feels better. Might compel me to pull for Yomama.
Yoimiya won't be a charged shot bow user, her charged shot does the same damage as Childe's charged shot. Her left clicks are her real on-field damage.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Philthy posted:

I started playing this rear end staring simulator on Friday and just hit AL 16. I'm enjoying it so far. I absolutely love collectables that are all over the place and you gotta figure out how to get em. The puzzles are cute and not overly annoying, and I'm beginning to understand the character swaps more. I agree with the other dude, the game needs a fishing mechanic other than swimming and pressing F. The cooking mechanic is okay, so they could just put that meter to a fishing rod or something and call it a day. I want to collect hundreds of fish.

Yeah, I feel like fishing would be so good. I am going to start asking for it in every survey they send out.

No Wave posted:

Yoimiya won't be a charged shot bow user, her charged shot does the same damage as Childe's charged shot. Her left clicks are her real on-field damage.

Oh nice! That's great news.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

No Wave posted:

So wait, did they remove her extra charged shot levels?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

I think they're just weak. Like, you won't use them for the same reason you don't use normal attacks on Xingqiu, it's just not where they shine.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Locations of characters in the archipelago after the Act III quest is over:

Jean, Kaeya, and Klee are all on the southwest island with the bubble shield.
Barbara and Razor are on the eastern coast of the central island where Maguu Kenki is.
Albedo is on the southern island, just south of the waypoint.
Diluc is on the northwest island with the three mountains and loads of hilichurls. He's north-northeast of the waypoint, so if you (like me) tend to rotate the camera clockwise to turn it around, you might miss him at first glance.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

But her extra fireworks are so cool :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Childe has extra charged shot damage too. It's roughly equal to Yoimiya's.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

What does her C1 do? I'm considering saving up for her since a strong archer DPS sounds like she'd be useful but I don't want to end up in a situation where her C1 is so good that I feel like I'm using a substantially nerfed version of the character if I only have C0.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Xun posted:

But her extra fireworks are so cool :(

You can replace Amber with her for overworld torch puzzles I guess?

Harrow posted:

What does her C1 do? I'm considering saving up for her since a strong archer DPS sounds like she'd be useful but I don't want to end up in a situation where her C1 is so good that I feel like I'm using a substantially nerfed version of the character if I only have C0.

IIRC, it increases the duration of her Q from 10 seconds to 14 seconds.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I thought Yoimiya's charged shot was used more if you were against a group of enemies since the fire arrows were homing(?) and you werent using it if you were trying to get the highest dps

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Have people been skipping Stormterror's first phase with Fischl's charged shot or is that a Ganyu exclusive thing?

Also I think the EM change buffed Childe's domain, he absolutely shredded my Noelle and a co-op team that tried to do it. Everyone's constantly a work in progress though, she only has 1567 defense. Ninggaung's shield was taking 4.4k damage blocking hits from him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mix. posted:

I thought Yoimiya's charged shot was used more if you were against a group of enemies since the fire arrows were homing(?) and you werent using it if you were trying to get the highest dps
The arrows do ~25% damage each and you fire 3 per charged shot, it is not real damage.

Harrow posted:

It's better than Xiangling's C4 unless they're nerfing it along with this CD reduction. It's a really big deal tbh and I'm not really happy about it but whatever we'll see.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If Inazuma comes with a considerable Electro reaction buff, her charge attack might matter for triggering lots of overloads. Her infusion has a 10 second downtime too, so she'll have to depend on it sometimes if she's main carry.

I didn't read what her burst did until just now, but it sounds like an insane off-field Pyro enabler.

In any case, she sounds really fun. Everything Amber should've been.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

If Inazuma comes with a considerable Electro reaction buff, her charge attack might matter for triggering lots of overloads. Her infusion has a 10 second downtime too, so she'll have to depend on it sometimes if she's main carry.

I didn't read what her burst did until just now, but it sounds like an insane off-field Pyro enabler.

In any case, she sounds really fun. Everything Amber should've been.

Yeah, I'm thinking her main role will be Pyro support DPS, and main carry a distant third or so.

Although her kit does have some weird anti-synergies. Like you want to switch out right after using Q, but her E requires you to stay in for 10 seconds to get the effect. I suppose it might be possible to line up the cooldowns so it's not a problem, but it's just weird. So maybe they do intend for her to have multiple, very different, viable playstyles.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
She also might be able to take advantage of 4 piece thundering fury and have 100% uptime on her E. No idea if that'll be better but it looks like it'll be an option.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She won't even need to go off-field if she's paired with XQ, Fischl, Albedo, etc., right?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That does sound interesting, but then you're not using her Q at all. Which was my point about her having anti-synergies in her kit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ganyu is really the only other left click character with an off field burst (Ganyu has the broken venti interaction, Yoimiya does more damage vs single target). Yoimiya's Q is still worse than pyronado so you will need use her left click to make her worth running over Xiangling.

One example comp for her at the moment is Rosaria, Bennett, and anemo (ideally Kazuha), where you boost her pyro left click with anemo and reverse melt Rosaria's Q.

A comp I'd like to try is Childe/Bennett/Xiangling/Yoimiya to see just how good Childe's hydro application is.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Why is it sometimes written as P.A.I.M.O.N.?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

RareAcumen posted:

Have people been skipping Stormterror's first phase with Fischl's charged shot or is that a Ganyu exclusive thing?

Also I think the EM change buffed Childe's domain, he absolutely shredded my Noelle and a co-op team that tried to do it. Everyone's constantly a work in progress though, she only has 1567 defense. Ninggaung's shield was taking 4.4k damage blocking hits from him.

I had the same thought today with him and Azhdaha, Zhongli's shield was coming down much quicker than usual. I had to stop to check that I hadn't accidentally removed some of his equipment.

As for aimed shot, there was something in the patch notes about improvements though I don't recall if they were specific to PS4/5. I've noticed that making small adjustments in aimed shot seems easier.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Heran Bago posted:

Why is it sometimes written as P.A.I.M.O.N.?

P. A. I. M. O. N. is the name of the admin team that sends you system emails, isn't it? As opposed to anything involving the in-universe character.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I one phased stormterror for the first time today with just popping Xingqiu's burst and then Eula-ing. There is just enough time for the starfall sword to explode and it was incredibly satisfying to skip half the bullshit.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Clarste posted:

That does sound interesting, but then you're not using her Q at all. Which was my point about her having anti-synergies in her kit.

I meant when using her Q. She can stay out to pewpew while having off-field party members triggering the damage.

Clarste posted:

P. A. I. M. O. N. is the name of the admin team that sends you system emails, isn't it? As opposed to anything involving the in-universe character.

P.A.I.M.O.N. is the Honkai universe support team that manages the Genshin simulation :tinfoil:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

King of Bleh posted:

It makes sense for her too since she's such a max effort tryhard cosplaying weeb. If she existed irl she'd be one of those teens who spends four hours every day applying insanely elaborate makeup and crafting an impossible hairdo just to go sit near the fountain at the mall with her lovely friends and not talk

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If you like women in heels and tights, Genshin is for you. I'm trying to think of dress codes for the male characters, and I can't think of any.

a lot of the guys seem to have at least a little bit of tummy showing. some have a lot of tummy showing. they also all have weird long rattail ponytails

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Yup, off field dps will be able to trigger her Q, so you can still use it.

Edit: Beidou will probably be the better electro to pair her with if you can figure out her energy issues. This is also dependent on if there are two or more mobs. If there's just one than Fischl will be better.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 14, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just pair Beidou with Beidou (Traveler)

that new electro kit looks incredibly stupid for generating energy

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

I meant when using her Q. She can stay out to pewpew while having off-field party members triggering the damage.

For some reason I never even considered that.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

dogsicle posted:

just pair Beidou with Beidou (Traveler)

that new electro kit looks incredibly stupid for generating energy

The problem is most people need to fit a healer or a shielder on the team and electro traveler can't do that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rosaria's Q lines up really well with Yoimiya's. It goes off every 2 seconds four times, six with C2. That lines up perfectly with Yoimiya's C0 and C1 respectively, letting you get 5/7 procs consistently (initial q damage will do the first proc).

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I feel a bit paranoid that Yoimiya being released with Ayaka is to distract from Ayaka having a boring kit. She is the longest anticipated character that Genshin has, but even from pre-release beta footage, she didn't look that exciting. There's potential for some of that Zhongli release indignation, but people will be too distracted by the pretty lights Yoimiya makes to stay mad.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tanreall posted:

The problem is most people need to fit a healer or a shielder on the team and electro traveler can't do that.

Yoimiya/Beidou/Traveler/Barb

Obv Barb will be the healer that can also get mega vapes off of the Pyro setup

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Trihugger posted:

I feel a bit paranoid that Yoimiya being released with Ayaka is to distract from Ayaka having a boring kit. She is the longest anticipated character that Genshin has, but even from pre-release beta footage, she didn't look that exciting. There's potential for some of that Zhongli release indignation, but people will be too distracted by the pretty lights Yoimiya makes to stay mad.
There will never be anything like Zhong Li release, that was a level of stupid that player bases tend to only hit once in a game's lifespan.

People were more than happy with a character as boring as hu tao, it won't really matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Trihugger posted:

I feel like Ayaka has a boring kit precisely because she was designed so early, before they started experimenting with weird stuff. She's a very "vanilla" cryo character in the same way Dulic is a vanilla pyro character. Even if she has the numbers to back it up, it's hard to see it being exciting if she has the same kit as she did way back then.

That said, I've heard that they are actually changing her somewhat?