Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What if the next Fallout game is a dedicated Battle Royale game with maps adapted from Fallout 1-4 that's set during the Nuclear Winter period shortly after the bombs fell

Rather than Vault Dwellers, you're simply survivors of the war using anything at hand to survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
There's gonna be a showcase today on the future of fallout 76 in the Xbox Showcase. Can't wait to hear more about reskins of different poo poo, and about the 45 minutes of fetch quest content that gets added in the next year!

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
I haven't played the BoS questline yet, still working through Wastelanders, but, wow, the second part of Steel Reign looks really fascinating. I really like it when the writers of Fallout pry apart the BoS' lovely dogma.

Also; The Pitt! Those screenshots looked awesome, and I can't wait for the other Expeditions we'll be getting. New worldspaces are always fun.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
DOs with Scorched are always a hoot and a half.

Everyone goes in expecting it to be easy, at least half of them die to Crickets nibbling their shins. Several times. Just equip Blocker, how hard can it be? :)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The bethesda brotherhood of steel have always been the most retarded way to show them. FO nv did the brotherhood justice, a small group of dwindling numbers clearly showing that their way needs to change.

:siren: FLASH FORWARD TO FO4 :siren: Where they fly da warship to stop the undeserved and mutants on the ground how technology like toasters and they impose their will on people to even the extend of forcing farms to feed them.

Really I'm just hoping I can kill off these brotherhood fucks in fo76 because one of them is trying to be space marines in fallout.

Chamale posted:

This is why I uninstalled 76. I really love designing Fallout characters, and when they made this game even easier it stopped being interesting at all.

How is fallout even easier than it already was. Any thing you do and you will be the strongest thing in the game.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The 'Guide the Brahmin' event is listed as for mid-level players; I joined yesterday, Shepards Crook in hand and waited 5 mins, no joiners so I thought I'd have a go solo.

Oh no, wolves! Thats fine

Oh no, bloodbugs! No problem.

Oh no, two Yao Gui! Little rough on the Brahmin but OK. What next?

Two Legendary Sheepsquatches. Welp, that's all three brahmin dead in short order and the majority of my 5.56 wasted killing just one of the 'Squatches.

FFS, that would have been tough with four players.

Some public events just end like that with a legendary that spawns. Most people don't do that one because you spend 5 minutes herding cows and then someone instantly kills the legendary at the end. Not that's it's a bad thing but attempting to get a legendary weapon you want from a legendary monster in FO76 is a complete waste of time because of how many things can drop.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 14, 2021

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sensenmann posted:

DOs with Scorched are always a hoot and a half.

Everyone goes in expecting it to be easy, at least half of them die to Crickets nibbling their shins. Several times. Just equip Blocker, how hard can it be? :)

I put Exterminator 3 and Blocker 3 on and suddenly life is somewhat easier.

Still, resilient bloodbugs etc that flit around while you try and get a melee kill hit on them :mad: Double for the vampirics who will heal themselves off you while you're trying to swat them :mad::mad:

The last 'kill the wave before the boss' on today's OP was half bloodbugs, I think me and the one other player in the OP would have got Elder if we weren't flailing at bugs for a minute (final time: 8m24s)

edit: Oh I did the Vault raid and built up the Crusader pistol - reflex sight / long barrel / silencer / extended mag / pyro reciever - and it's OK; with all three *** gunslinger cards and the sneak cards in play you can 3 and 4 shot supermutants, but I think the silencer is killing the VATS range, standing about arms length from a SM you might have 55% headshot chance. Also its a shame all the pistol cards are in the same category as sneak and adrenaline, can't have it all at once.

Its fun but I think I'll be back to rifleman soon.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 14, 2021

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So is 76 worth it if you only really wanna exprence the single player ? It's on sale on steam until the 17th.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Get it on sale, yes. Oh, on steam you can play it for free for 2 more days.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

fit em all up in there posted:

So is 76 worth it if you only really wanna exprence the single player ? It's on sale on steam until the 17th.

You will always need to connect to a server with other players. Beyond that, you can solo almost all of the content.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is the steel dawn deluxe worth spending worth spending the extraok money on

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That is purely cosmetic.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I don't even think it's good cosmetics, from what I recall we clowned on it itt because it was less poo poo for more money than previous cosmetic "dlc".

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Skins and costumes and cosmetics are only marginally useful to me, mostly in nuclear winter when I'm hiding in a bush straight out of the 70s.

Beyond that, meh. Not worth the digital currency.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I don't think the cosmetics sell that well, I rarely see anyone using them.

Bethesda does make absolute bank with the camp items, though. The camp builders in this game are legit insane.

Funny enough, the vast majority of the most impressive camp builds I've seen are the ones who use only the ingame stuff that came from plans or are available from the start.

Those who own and use everything from the atom store manage to build something resembling the art of lunatic asylum inmates.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ZombieCrew posted:

You will always need to connect to a server with other players. Beyond that, you can solo almost all of the content.
But it's actually better to join random teams even if you don't play or talk with them (it's super rare I've heard anyone in random teams chat), because you get extra perks and free fast travel points.

The Fallout 1st private servers are actually a detriment played solo because the team perks are so good, to the point where they're revamping private servers later in the year to be more worth it

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Only thing I've used the private server for is playing with a few friends or just knocking out the workshop weekly task since it's a bit less headache-inducing than world-hopping to claim enough workshops.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I kinda like abandoning a bunch of workshops in a server. Let's people know I poo poo everywhere and never go back to clean up after the attacks.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Private server was a life saver when the spawns were broke for the 'kill 15 robots' type of quests.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
I use the private server for workshops or XP grinding for the Level Up daily. It's slower than on a Casual team but at least I know hotspots like West-Tek, the Whitesprings, Harper's Ferry, etc. haven't already been ran through or someone with a legacy comes through in the middle and wipes out the rest of the area for me.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I use private servers for stabilizing mats farming. Drop a nuke, farm the area, relog, repeat. Needless to say that this can also be used for XP farming since the WS and Morgantown turn into ghoul hotspots.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The 'dropping a nuke' bit is fairly lengthy if you're not benefiting from others nukes.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

The 'dropping a nuke' bit is fairly lengthy if you're not benefiting from others nukes.

Photo glitch. No one sane does it the legit way.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They should really redo nuke silos so you can just skip to the end, legit.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

wow when you have a full Int team + 3 star inspirational + canned meat + well rested / lovers embrace + a double XP weekend those levels really start mounting up, and that's without considering quad lunchboxes. I would imagine Radiation Rumbles are going to be even more insane than usual. I went 149 to 154 in a couple hours and I was barely trying .

lmao well I was correct - even after missing kills by running 40 ores for the first couple minutes, I just bumped two levels and almost a third in one RR with all the XP bonuses stacked including 4x lunchboxes (and a broiled Scorchbeast brain I had left over for even more INT), plus the SCORE 'XP gained' popup kept dinging and dinging while blasting away with my 2shot Tesla.

Once you have that big stack of bonuses activate for an hour, its time for a fast-travel Tour of Death, I was lucky enough to get a totally unmolested West-Tek for the first time in ages, the poor SuperMutants didn't know what hit them. I was begging for someone to drop an nuke on Fissure Prime, but no joy.

ps. Wow when you put 80 ores in the enemies certainly step up a notch, glowing ghouls are ok to handle, but I can do without Floaters AND Deathclaws at the same time :eyepop:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 15, 2021

Andenno
May 1, 2009

Hell yea, it's great seeing all those notifications pop up while you're too busy to read them, during Rad Rumble. I unlocked Officer on Deck right before the event and it autocompleted from all of the legendary ghouls running around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So why can other people destroy my camp when I have pacifist on, but I can't put a dent into their camps with it off?

I dumped 50 mini nukes on a guys base today, not so much as a goddamn scratch, and my place looks like a matchstick house from them attacking me with my pacifist on?

Andenno
May 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

So why can other people destroy my camp when I have pacifist on, but I can't put a dent into their camps with it off?

I dumped 50 mini nukes on a guys base today, not so much as a goddamn scratch, and my place looks like a matchstick house from them attacking me with my pacifist on?

It's dumb, you have to be in a "fight" with the camp owner to damage their camp. However, explosive bait is bugged and bypasses that constraint. That is probably what they did to your camp.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Andenno posted:

It's dumb, you have to be in a "fight" with the camp owner to damage their camp. However, explosive bait is bugged and bypasses that constraint. That is probably what they did to your camp.

Then I am going to make lots of explosive bait to go drop around his camp next time he's online.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm busy going through the Possum badge challenges - 'Kill 50 enemies with a railway rifle' - Well Ok.

/Tries basic rifle, is underwhelmed

Well what about if I mod it to be an automatic to go with my Commando cards?

Holy poo poo, I was expecting a chunk-a-chunk-a-chunk-a auto like the Gatling Gun, not the absolute flurry of spikes it puts out; a mag of 10 gone in no time flat. I picked up an 'Executioners' RR from a player for cheap and it didn't take long to rattle off those 50 kills. If you haven't tried an auto railway rifle, give it a go.

lmao did I say this was crazy? I just got my first genuine good Purveyor roll - a two-shot explosive Railway Rifle, with an auto chamber on it its absolutely insane. You must use VATS as it will not stay on target past the first spike manually aimed, but it will put down a supermutant master in 2 or 3 spikes to the body with the right cards in play. I jumped in to 'Manhunt' as the SMs at the dam come swarming out when you bother them - a bit of honey for AP and put Gun-Fu on for auto target swapping, I think I got six of them dead in one round over in perhaps 2 seconds.

I have also blown myself up with it 3 times so far :o:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah and you can get it with the 25% firerate too. Takes about 2 seconds to empty the magazine

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Then I am going to make lots of explosive bait to go drop around his camp next time he's online.

Hell yeah brother. Might I suggest alternating between the laughing and puking emotes while you do so?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao did I say this was crazy? I just got my first genuine good Purveyor roll - a two-shot explosive Railway Rifle, with an auto chamber on it its absolutely insane. You must use VATS as it will not stay on target past the first spike manually aimed, but it will put down a supermutant master in 2 or 3 spikes to the body with the right cards in play. I jumped in to 'Manhunt' as the SMs at the dam come swarming out when you bother them - a bit of honey for AP and put Gun-Fu on for auto target swapping, I think I got six of them dead in one round over in perhaps 2 seconds.

I have also blown myself up with it 3 times so far :o:

Slot in Fireproof 3. Makes explosive, most fire sources and SB screeches a non issue.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

IMO Fireproof 3 is one of the must haves of most any build. It's just that good.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

are energy weapons in 76 busted, terrible or both? i tried a laser rifle out and in every fight my initial hit will do normal damage and then every hit after does like 1 or 2 damage regardless of range.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

ASenileAnimal posted:

are energy weapons in 76 busted, terrible or both? i tried a laser rifle out and in every fight my initial hit will do normal damage and then every hit after does like 1 or 2 damage regardless of range.

Energy weapons with a sniper barrel needs a moment to recharge between shots, otherwise they don't do full damage on subsequent shots. This is indicated by a tiny red light at the end of the barrel, that you cannot see if the weapon is scoped.

Or you could be getting a sneak critical or fo76 could just be busted again

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Energy weapons with a sniper barrel needs a moment to recharge between shots, otherwise they don't do full damage on subsequent shots. This is indicated by a tiny red light at the end of the barrel, that you cannot see if the weapon is scoped.

Or you could be getting a sneak critical or fo76 could just be busted again

i had no idea about the sniper barrel thing thats probably it. ill swap it for something else next time i play.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Once again starting new in NV, once again entirely undecisive about which faction to support at Hoover Dam.

Kind of wish "NCR but killing both Kimball and Oliver" was an option.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Running an NCR politics thing in Trad Games.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970882

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

if i grab an anti-armor hunting rifle will it stack with the armor piercing mags mod or should i use that mod slot for something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

If a weapon has any armor piercing effect then anything that adds more armor piercing is reduced in effectiveness, with each additional source being less effective (You always get 100% of the largest single source) You can check out the numbers with this handy website

Anti-Armor + Piercing Mag (Normally 20%) = 60% armor pierce

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 17, 2021