Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

They offered to hand over bin laden if the US could produce criminal charges

The US ignored this offer

Well, the terms being those, they kind of had to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

paul_soccer12 posted:

in large part because the US had been eyeing up an invasion of Afghanistan since 1999 during Clinton's administration at least

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

vyelkin posted:

lost the war but won the peace, just like the confederates

Yeah I'm way late on this but just because the Nazis were coddled after the war doesn't mean they didn't lose the war. It's weird and glib to say that

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

paul_soccer12 posted:

i seem to recall this being one of those internal slap fight kinda deals where nobody could agree whose problem it was, and they couldn't actually build a case for prosecuting bin laden because there was literally no mechanisms accommodating cooperation between the letter agencies

like, on one hand, it's so unbelievably incompetent it's hard to believe the explaination isn't genuine, on the other hand, this was literally part of the rationale that built the patriot act and the department of homeland security and so much other bullshit, so lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Laterite posted:

norm macdonald is a cspam elemental

never get tired of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YNi11261So

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I could see it easily as an american comedy, all the original movie was missing was LMFAO at the end. It's not exactly treading new territory, tonally or otherwise. Hollywood will gently caress it up regardless, but still.

i just think all the nuance and melancholy will get sucked out by the hollywood machine and they'll go dumb, broad comedy

whatever!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

big boi posted:

Yeah I'm way late on this but just because the Nazis were coddled after the war doesn't mean they didn't lose the war. It's weird and glib to say that
After a show trial of executing grunts, wherein following orders was no excuse for carrying out atrocities (unless you're America), the architects and shot callers of the whole operation were integrated into the American military-industrial complex, post-war German legislature and governance, various Latin American nations in leadership, citizenry and industrial roles and God only knows where the gently caress else. You're late because you're slow.
OH! And Unit 731! Same poo poo!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tubgoat posted:

After a show trial of executing grunts, wherein following orders was no excuse for carrying out atrocities (unless you're America), the architects and shot callers of the whole operation were integrated into the American military-industrial complex, post-war German legislature and governance, various Latin American nations in leadership, citizenry and industrial roles and God only knows where the gently caress else. You're late because you're slow.

heh, yep

the axis lost the war, the nazis mostly just retired to villas in south america and high-paid positions in the US and soviet union

it's super gross but it's true and by the time anybody cared about escaped nazis all the most terrible ones were long dead, from comfortable diseases of the wealthy, and their children hold more power and influence than they deserve

on second thought none of this poo poo is funny

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 02:25 on Jun 14, 2021

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
or to literally lead NATO

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

Cool so the Sudetenland still belongs to Germany then? What about Poland? I mean I don't understand why you have to insist "the Nazis didn't lose WWII" when what you're describing is that the Nazi leadership was rewarded after they did lose

big boi has issued a correction as of 05:38 on Jun 14, 2021

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
i will be satisfied with seth rogen's opinion on israel when the word "inshallah" appears somewhere in that opinion

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

big boi posted:

Cool so the Sudetenland still belongs to Germany then? What about Poland?

They're not German but they are Nazi.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
forgetting about Poland

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

big boi posted:

Cool so the Sudetenland still belongs to Germany then? What about Poland?

Depends who you ask about the EU.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

El_Elegante posted:

forgetting about Poland

this is why kerry lost

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

republicans going from military worship to mocking purple hearts and POWs

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/deathpigeon/status/1175907341339742209

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

El_Elegante posted:

forgetting about Poland

im doing my best to forget poland ok

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

lmao

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Excelzior posted:

republicans going from military worship to mocking purple hearts and POWs

I like people who weren't captured.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I love this tweet, lol. Its like, you ever wonder why *leftist organization goes here* just fails to get anything done? Just look at this tweet.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

pondering what it would have been like to build the Moscow Metro without units

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Low Desert Punk posted:

pondering what it would have been like to build the Moscow Metro without units

It's a very subjective experience. Some people make it to their destination alive, some don't.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ah yes i remember that dumbass from the hot takes thread

https://twitter.com/deathpigeon/status/1175945483690401793

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

sleeptalker posted:

I like people who weren't captured.

same, except it’s regulatory bodies

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I love this tweet, lol. Its like, you ever wonder why *leftist organization goes here* just fails to get anything done? Just look at this tweet.

Yeah this one random twitter nobody is in charge of everything leftist.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Graham Linehan getting run out of TERF websites because he isn't a woman and the websites were safe palces for women only

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

mrmcd posted:

let me just pull up a list of all the successful leftist movements from the last 20 years that weren’t destroyed by infighting and we can… um… oh dear

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Read Marx say that primitive accumulation is pre-capitalist and didn't continue, decided we need more of that.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

let me just pull up a list of all the successful leftist movements from the last 20 years that weren’t destroyed by infighting and we can… um… oh dear

you say that as if the most progressive president ever and FDR's one true successor isn't currently president

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I just remembered "nasty woman." One of the best examples of liberals trying to satirize/reclaim their opponent's messaging with stupid results. Trump called Hillary a nasty woman in some debate for some reason, who cares, it's Trump. Then the liberal hivemind was like "oh, so any time a woman asserts herself she's 'nasty' is she? Well then call me nasty, sir." But it actually just made it sounds like she was horny and flatulent lol

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Dog King posted:

I just remembered "nasty woman." One of the best examples of liberals trying to satirize/reclaim their opponent's messaging with stupid results. Trump called Hillary a nasty woman in some debate for some reason, who cares, it's Trump. Then the liberal hivemind was like "oh, so any time a woman asserts herself she's 'nasty' is she? Well then call me nasty, sir." But it actually just made it sounds like she was horny and flatulent lol

Trump?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

zegermans posted:

Graham Linehan getting run out of TERF websites because he isn't a woman and the websites were safe palces for women only

my wife

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ah yes i remember that dumbass from the hot takes thread

https://twitter.com/deathpigeon/status/1175945483690401793

Retard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
whose rereg are you

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

mrmcd posted:

Yes, that was the point, you're definitely not dense as gently caress.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Yes, that was the point, you're definitely not dense as gently caress.

you ok?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Who is?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm okay thanks for asking :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

you say that as if the most progressive president ever and FDR's one true successor isn't currently president

Lol this is a good bit