Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My wife opens doors like a loving SWAT team and I'm tired of getting hit by the basement door when I'm going into the kitchen :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
People should just stop eating burgers altogether because beef consumption is horrendously damaging to the environment in all sorts of ways.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

My wife opens doors like a loving SWAT team and I'm tired of getting hit by the basement door when I'm going into the kitchen :smith:

Does she also elbow drop the toilet lid shut every time she goes into the bathroom even if the lid is already shut?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

God I HOPE that's what that sound is

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

5 guys would be good if their burgs were 5 bucks cheaper.

I like their messy greasy burgs.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

5 guys would be good if their burgs were 5 bucks cheaper.

I like their messy greasy burgs.

I like give that foil-wrapped burger a few hackey-sack kicks before I bust it open and indulge

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pop it like silver bug

Suck the juices out

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Five Guys is so greasy that I've turned down free food from them because I didn't want to feel like poo poo when I went to work and I'll eat anything.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I occasionally have a burger from McDonalds or Burgerville or sometimes this bougie sit down place in my town and I can acknowledge that none of them are good for me, but also none of them make me feel like poo poo afterwards. Five Guys fucks me up every time and it doesn't even taste good enough to justify the gastrointestinal trauma. I would say, "Oh at least they have fresh cut fries!" Except that they're always soggy and greasy. I don't know how Five Guys got popular.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/ny/east-amherst/grovers-bar-grill-restaurant

This place from my hometown was on Diners Drive ins and Dives but if you watch the episode they just straight up use plain 70/30 ground beef and make all their burgers 12 ounces so it's just a huge slab of greasy unseasoned beef. They brag about grinding their own meat but then they grind up the cheapest lowest quality generic beef and even if there was enough toppings for the massive burger it all falls off immediately.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

rodbeard posted:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/ny/east-amherst/grovers-bar-grill-restaurant

This place from my hometown was on Diners Drive ins and Dives but if you watch the episode they just straight up use plain 70/30 ground beef and make all their burgers 12 ounces so it's just a huge slab of greasy unseasoned beef. They brag about grinding their own meat but then they grind up the cheapest lowest quality generic beef and even if there was enough toppings for the massive burger it all falls off immediately.

Groverburg lol

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

rodbeard posted:

The cheeseburger soup with hot wet lettuce from that place still haunts me. Sometimes it makes me angry.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

12oz of burger? That's terrifying

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Making good food is more difficult than making big food. Plus, a ridiculously large burger looks good on TV. So you get places focusing on huge piles of crap food.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
yeah you can easily ensure that your kitchen staff can reliably crank out a burger of a particular size but consistent quality requires your employees to have, like, training and wages (so they don't hate their lives & give the place high turnover ensuring nobody there has experience) and poo poo like that, so, shrug emoji

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
If there's one thing Americans value in food above anything else it's a "good deal." Why do you think that Applebee's is packed every weekend? You get a pile of bland garbage for cheap.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Brawnfire posted:

12oz of burger? That's terrifying

I had the 1lb burger from fuddruckers once. It was a pretty sharp gradient of well done on the edges to lukewarm but entirely raw in the center. I got a free burger coupon I never ended up using when I told them.

anyway...last week at work they sent around this anonymous google doc for us to record our thoughts about returning to the office soon. Almost all the responses were along the lines of "we don't want to, the office sucks and will make us sad". When we had a meeting to discuss it today, the management lady was like "I was pleased to see how many of you are excited to return to face to face work!" and said it will be happening "sooner than you think".

Don't ask for feedback if you aren't going to read any of it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Our building's entry code machine thing was changed to a POS where you don't type in someone's code to open the door, you look at a list of units and hit "call" and then it pings me or my partner's phone and we let you in.

It sucks and was completely unannounced, but I figured it out the first goddam day it was there after I went for a walk and had to call myself.

Every single new person that ever needs to come in since can't figure it out and sits there looking at this machine that literally will not let you type a code and has a screen telling you to pick which apartment you want, and texts "WHAT IS YOUR CODE"

y'all all have the goddam apartment number

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Our building's entry code machine thing was changed to a POS where you don't type in someone's code to open the door, you look at a list of units and hit "call" and then it pings me or my partner's phone and we let you in.

It sucks and was completely unannounced, but I figured it out the first goddam day it was there after I went for a walk and had to call myself.

Every single new person that ever needs to come in since can't figure it out and sits there looking at this machine that literally will not let you type a code and has a screen telling you to pick which apartment you want, and texts "WHAT IS YOUR CODE"

y'all all have the goddam apartment number

Oh god yeah my apartment has something like this and a year and a half after moving in we have never gotten it to work properly.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I had the 1lb burger from fuddruckers once. It was a pretty sharp gradient of well done on the edges to lukewarm but entirely raw in the center. I got a free burger coupon I never ended up using when I told them.

anyway...last week at work they sent around this anonymous google doc for us to record our thoughts about returning to the office soon. Almost all the responses were along the lines of "we don't want to, the office sucks and will make us sad". When we had a meeting to discuss it today, the management lady was like "I was pleased to see how many of you are excited to return to face to face work!" and said it will be happening "sooner than you think".

Don't ask for feedback if you aren't going to read any of it.

I have the opposite problem - we are all working from home for the forseeable future, but it sucks because the only way to communicate with Management is via email so any queries about processes we have to wait for a response from the email, which often takes a few minutes. When taking phone calls all day that's REALLY bad.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

what are they even pretending to accomplish

if i need into my apartment i just go to my door

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dip Viscous posted:

I can do that, but visitors have to clock in like we're in the loving Triangle Shirtwaist Factory.

I assume it's security theatre because management is pearl-clutching rich white people. There's not any rash of burgling or anything much to burgle, and nefarious intruders would still have to break in the regular apartment door locks afterwards anyway. And I actually trust the other tenants well enough to not just stand around if that was happening. We had a tornado warning around a month ago and within minutes of warning sirens some ground floor folks were messaging "door's open, pets welcome if things get bad and we have to take shelter." Not even acquaintances just people you recognize from ya know, living in the same place.

guillotine landlords basically

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Jun 12, 2021

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

guillotine landlords basically

I've got my guillotine in the backyard, but at this point I'm just gonna take it down because it's never gonna get used at this point. :smith:

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Dip Viscous posted:

Key (code) vs (phone) intercom for guests are mostly just different, neither is particularly weird.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Foxfire_ posted:

Key (code) vs (phone) intercom for guests are mostly just different, neither is particularly weird.

Ours doesn't have a code anymore is the thing. Live here, you get an electronic key fob to click. Otherwise, the machine won't even let you type a number, you scroll through apartment numbers to the desired one and hit "call"

It's an insane piece of poo poo

Adding insult to injury, one door still has the old one with a key code system, but it just does nothing now. Many a delivery driver has had their day ruined by that one.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
Yeah that's insane. What the gently caress. "Security theatre" is right. :psyduck:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like burgers

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

It bugs me how every restaurant feels the need to make their burger patties ridiculously, unmanageably thick. Look I know burgers are already garbage-tier food but occasionally I want one, and every time I order from a place that's supposed to be pretty good this poo poo comes out with a full 1"+ of badly seasoned, way too loving tall too eat, grease to your elbows meatloaf and dammit I should have just gone to Whataburger.

It is irritating. It seems to always be with the "fancy" burger places. How tall can we make a burger? Do we stick a steak knife it because that totally helps. Let's add some brie because that totally belongs on a burger. How about some arugula and parsnip rosettes? That will make it great. Heck, how about baked beans and strawberries? Just smash them all on and go for it. After all, we're charging $20 for something you can get for $5 at a normal restaurant.

A burger isn't garbage-tier food. It's just a kind of food. Trying to make a thing that it is not is what makes it frustrating. Just like the fake meat thing. If you don't want meat, don't eat it. I've tried the "Impossible" products. To me, they're no better than TVP. If I want vegetarian meal, I'll get vegetarian.

I do like mock duck though. I like it better than duck. Though, to be fair, it's just a name, it's not really trying to be duck.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

mostlygray posted:

I do like mock duck though. I like it better than duck. Though, to be fair, it's just a name, it's not really trying to be duck.
why do you think the name is mock duck............. why do you think it's textured to resemble plucked duck skin.........

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Veggie burgers (as opposed to chickpea or a stuffed mushroom or spicy rear end black bean burger, my personal fave) are for when you just want a trash burger. The actual flavour of a poo poo tier fast food burger isn't the beef, it's mustard, pickles, onions, various special sauces if you like, and a kraft single melted just so.

Nobody expects the fake patty to taste like beef. At this point carnivores going "just eat vegetarian why do you pretend this is good" are just as or more ubiquitous than the rear end in a top hat "YOU'RE A VEGETARIAN?? I'LL HAVE THE DOUBLE BACON DEAD LIVESTOCK SPECIAL TO MAKE UP FOR YA" types

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

yeah I think veggie burgers are the best when they don't even attempt to act like a meat replacement, i've had a lot of really nice ones that just do their own thing and don't try to replicate Meat Taste

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Lmao I just had this argument in another thread but fake meat is tasty. Of course it's not real meat, because it's not real meat, but it's still good. Intracommunity arguing about veggie patties is one thing but having carnivores tell me which vegetarian options are the respectable ones fuckin sucks

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Beyond is better than impossible

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I hate it when sites make you contact customer service to change the email address for your accounts instead of letting you do it in your account settings. Like I’d get it for financial accounts or something but not for minor things like a site where I get household goods from or a clothing site.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

oldpainless posted:

Beyond is better than impossible
Yeah, it's obviously still trash food but the Beyond Whopper is indistinguishable from a regular one unless you're trying both at the same time for comparison. And I've done that, there's really only a slight texture difference

/e oh wait BK uses Impossible. Hmmm

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why do people keep trying to defend fake meats by saying they taste exactly the same as lovely fast food? That is not making the point you think it is.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like the fake meats, but they do not taste like real burgers

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I like the black bean burgers with corn in them

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tiggum posted:

Why do people keep trying to defend fake meats by saying they taste exactly the same as lovely fast food? That is not making the point you think it is.

Did you miss the first 6 words somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Tiggum posted:

sorry not all of us eat a kobe steak for every meal