Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Just run a figure 8 race for the Nascar all stars race.

Also the all stars race is a joke since just about every cup driver gets in anyway. They should mix it up and let the Truck and Xfinity series drivers earn a spot too...

Or they could just get rid of the all stars race since it loving sucks.

Lets do 10-20 cars from each series in their own car multiclass racing something like fuel loads for Cup cars need to pit 2x, xifnity need to pit 1x and trucks no pits, with a joker lap through a back stretch chicane. or some silly poo poo every 10 laps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I watched them wreck three times in turn 1 during the Open - that was enough crappy driving for me.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Ramps on the straightaways.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

mischief posted:

Ramps on the straightaways.

I think you're actually on to something here: just make them all drive Super Trucks for the All-Star event. That'd actually be fun and hilarious to watch.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

dennyk posted:

I think you're actually on to something here: just make them all drive Super Trucks for the All-Star event. That'd actually be fun and hilarious to watch.

Super Trucks is always the answer

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm not going to rest until I get cup cars on ramps.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Barely serious question- why not gymkhana?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GD_American posted:

Barely serious question- why not gymkhana?

Was going to say “because too big and RWD,” but 1. That’s no argument against chaos and 2. We can just let Ford and Toyota use their rally peanuts and dare GM to come up with their own.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

They should race on the MD portion of the beltway. Find out what real speed is like.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

make em race in reverse

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

stage one is in your car, stage 2 is dirtbikes, stage 3 is golf carts stage 4 is bicycles stage 5 hoverboards and stage 6 is an all out foot race for one million dollars

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

chamois posted:

make em race in reverse

The Adam Petty Memorial Reverse Figure 8

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Legit suggestion: Make the first year of the Chicago street circuit the all-star race. Would be undeniably spectacular, would be a low-pressure environment, NASCAR can learn a lot of poo poo because things will inevitably go wrong, then they come back in the future with regular points races. They can even add a joker lane for shits and giggles.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

At least with a street circuit you do a whole festival around it with the race as capper

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

GD_American posted:

At least with a street circuit you do a whole festival around it with the race as capper

Exactly. And it would feel truly unique and special and "All-Star"y

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
SRX was a better All Star Race than NASCAR

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Slickdrac posted:

SRX was a better All Star Race than NASCAR

All Stars... and Marco

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/jayski/status/1405520643614031873?s=20

everything is so god drat stupid

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Landon Cassil will be the first driver paid nothing?
I'd like to see the contract.. Equivelant of X dollars in [Crypto currency ] on date.. or assumption like he gets 10shitcoins and the rest in real dollars.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

He could get 1 poo poo coin and they could make a whole ad about him getting paid cryptocurrency for the sponsorship. Dogecoin really dropped the ball there.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

tater_salad posted:

Landon Cassil will be the first driver paid nothing?
I'd like to see the contract.. Equivelant of X dollars in [Crypto currency ] on date.. or assumption like he gets 10shitcoins and the rest in real dollars.

I don't think this would even be the first time Landon Cassill specifically was paid nothing. No disrespect intended towards the guy, he is very high up on my list of "Would really like to see him get another shot in good equipment" but he has not historically been working with teams with the best finances.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Remember when Enzyte was the biggest scam in NASCAR

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

mearn posted:

I don't think this would even be the first time Landon Cassill specifically was paid nothing. No disrespect intended towards the guy, he is very high up on my list of "Would really like to see him get another shot in good equipment" but he has not historically been working with teams with the best finances.

Apologies the first Nascar driver paid nothing.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Landon's super in to crypto. So, good luck Landon?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SRX is shortening heats to 12 minutes, keeping the drivers in the same color car as they were last week, and (I think) making driver names bigger.

Take notes on listening to fans, NASCAR.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SON OF A gently caress, YOU GUYS! :dogbutton:

https://youtu.be/mRz2zBAA3UI

Somebody put up a bunch of Inside Winston Cups on YT. :getin:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I miss Ken Schrader.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Doug Coby gets a truck ride at Bristol with GMS after winning the SRX race and Ryan Preece wins the truck race at Nashville. Good day for the modified guys.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that valvoline scheme is looking clean

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm all for a slip-slidey racetrack. As garbage as Dover was, who knew concrete was.....good?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

they didn't check to see if the car could turn left

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that was slick driving by dillon

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kyle Larson, future Nascar Cup Champion?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God Ganassi sucked if this goof keeps reeling off wins.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Ganassi was always a 2 win a year ceiling kind of ride, for close to 20 years now. I think Sterling Marlin's big 2001 was the last title threat CGR ever had.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

this kyle larson poo poo has me convinced if you put chastain in any top ride he'd win 4 a year. hopefully something big opens up for him soon.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The SRX series is uploading the full race events to YouTube a couple days after airing. Pretty nice... Although it seems to just be the CBS broadcast with the side by side ads still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNx1T4LdvK0

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I watched the Nashville final race last night. The resolution wasn't great and the silenced ads were a little odd but it's nice to be able to catch up on them.

Weird, weird car but there's potential with the series.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea it seems like a cool series. Hope they get more seasons of it in the future and are able to get more old retired drivers to do some races. Like maybe Jeff Gordon or Earnhardt Jr. to run a race or two...

Also maybe more retired Nascar drivers can figure out a way to create a racing series for themselves to win championships in.

(Apparently there is an SRX Game that is actually not bad that also has Stadium Trucks in it, although it's $40... probably not worth that...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Very respectable attendance at Pocono today. I know some people were saying that it was gonna be like the '90s. The days of busing people in from satellite lots are never coming back. But it's as good as it's been in fifteen years or so, much more local crowd than it was back then. Lots of new and old shirts.

Also lol CLASSIC trucks