Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

To be fair, all human endeavor has been mildly disappointing or pointless since we hit our high watermark as a species in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDYoCU2kv0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Khanstant posted:

did you not see the tweet above that said to temper your expectations? it would be a hail mary play if they delivered even one of those.

The simplest of BotW2 trailers IS tempered expectations. It's been 2 years since the initial announce, it's time to show something.

That said, I'm expecting a fall 2022 release date for it.

Edit: The people who are expecting too much are the people who think that there will be literally anything Metroid at all. Expecting anything even beyond that is just self abuse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has this years Call of Duty not been announced yet?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Has this years Call of Duty not been announced yet?

Do they even need to?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

infraboy posted:

People are only buying gaming laptops because they can't get a current video card

Are there any good ones? I know they used to pretty much universally be poo poo for the price

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was super unimpressed with MS press conference but honestly it’s now easily looking like the only good part of e3 that wasn’t elden ring

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I just googled Rune Factory to see what you all were talking about. Jesus Christ, who looks forward to this poo poo? We already had 3 pressers with generic JRPG's already.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was super unimpressed with MS press conference but honestly it’s now easily looking like the only good part of e3 that wasn’t elden ring

If you have game pass it was real good, since it was basically "here are some top shelf games you'll be playing this year in addition yo whatever else we round out the month with"

Otherwise yeah no invigorating newness really. Horiza Horizon 5 getting announced and released this year was kind of wild given Microsofts usual trends

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if there is one genre of game we were absolutely drowning in this e3, it was the jrpg

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

If you have game pass it was real good, since it was basically "here are some top shelf games you'll be playing this year in addition yo whatever else we round out the month with"

Otherwise yeah no invigorating newness really. Horiza Horizon 5 getting announced and released this year was kind of wild given Microsofts usual trends

Yeah exactly, the only real big “this looks SO GOOD and it’s coming soon!” Game was Forza. But at the same time I have a Series S + gamepass and continue to not buy a single game for it so maybe that’s ok

Barudak
May 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah exactly, the only real big “this looks SO GOOD and it’s coming soon!” Game was Forza. But at the same time I have a Series S + gamepass and continue to not buy a single game for it so maybe that’s ok

To be completely honest, I think thats exactly what they want. Obviously they want people to be more excited for new titles and such so new people buy into the ecosystem and current owners are more passionate, but for an existing owner to go " yep, steady as she goes" they're delivering their goal.

I have nothing to base this on so pure speculation but it would not surprise me if Microsoft has been shuffling around internal release dates backwards so they have both more even pacing throughout 2022 and bigger titles align to where supply constraints ease up on them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will say, while I'm obviously biased, I do think Battlefield 2042 could be rad as hell if it delivers on what those gameplay videos were promising. Wild poo poo.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

fennesz posted:

I just googled Rune Factory to see what you all were talking about. Jesus Christ, who looks forward to this poo poo? We already had 3 pressers with generic JRPG's already.
Rune Factory isn't a JRPG, it's a Harvest Moon.

Now granted we are awash in indie Harvest Moon clones now, but most of them don't have Zelda combat as well.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Rune Factory 4 was the game where just about the one NPC you couldn't end up loving was some kind of mystical dragon, which made fans really upset because they all wanted to gently caress the mystical dragon right

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i was more into the elf detective you couldn't marry

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
I just want to see some SMT V gameplay tomorrow and I'll be super happy. That game And Metroid Prime 4 but lol is literally the only reason I still have a Switch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Snooze Cruise posted:

i was more into the elf detective you couldn't marry

she owned

but elves typically do in some way or another in rune factory

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, all human endeavor has been mildly disappointing or pointless since we hit our high watermark as a species in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDYoCU2kv0

Iwata: Dead
Reggie: Gone
Sakurai: Still a slave to the wheel, forever on the rim.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The United States posted:

Rune Factory isn't a JRPG, it's a Harvest Moon.

Now granted we are awash in indie Harvest Moon clones now, but most of them don't have Zelda combat as well.

Got it, that makes more sense. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people enjoy games that I don't, but I just saw anime combat and assumed it was another JRPG...and we've had a LOT of that so far.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
are you from a parallel universe??? and you literally said "who looks forward to this poo poo" lmao

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

are you from a parallel universe??? and you literally said "who looks forward to this poo poo" lmao

Yeah. As in who looks forward to another lovely JRPG. I'd take a somewhat unique genre with an art style that sucks over yet another bland as gently caress RPG.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I really want a Wild Arms 6 RPG.

We need more Rootin tootin Wild West JRPG’s.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This E3 was the year of the forgettable pixel art cyberpunk action sidescroller, there were like at least 3-4 of them none of which I can remember.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm not sure what insider knowledge Alanah has working for Sony but I wouldn't be surprised if her tweet just meant "don't expect a Switch Pro or a huge slew of new stuff".

I really hope we get something on BotW2. Last year we got the 'we know you're waiting for news but hold on a little longer' talk so it feels like now is the natural time for it. Depends just how badly Covid hosed it I guess.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looking forward to the big Metroid reveal...welcome to Fortnite Samus

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Looking forward to the big Metroid reveal...welcome to Fortnite Samus

Nintendo announces they will be remastering everyones favorite metroid game, other M

Orv
May 4, 2011
Announcing Metroid Prime 4, only for the Virtual Boy! No we're not making more of them.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

exquisite tea posted:

This E3 was the year of the forgettable pixel art cyberpunk action sidescroller, there were like at least 3-4 of them none of which I can remember.
I like how none of them were The Last Night, the one made by that dev that was real concerned with feminists taking over the world

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Orv posted:

Announcing Metroid Prime 4, only for the Virtual Boy! No we're not making more of them.

How many other beloved mascots can Nintendo murder on their anniversaries?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
E3 was saved when they showed that STALKER 2 wasn't just a scribble on a crumbled piece of paper next to an empty vodka bottle

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Orc Priest posted:

I just want to see some SMT V gameplay tomorrow and I'll be super happy. That game And Metroid Prime 4 but lol is literally the only reason I still have a Switch.

that's one thing that's almost certain to show up since the november release date leaked a few weeks ago

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nobodies asking the real questions.

Like if the Smash character reveal will be at the start or end of the stream.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
very possibly one at each end like in 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now we're cooking with petrol

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

fennesz posted:

We're gonna get both Rune Factory 5 and Xenoblade 3 and new Fire Emblem this Direct and it's all gonna own

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

cant wait for the smtv protagonist to get put in and people get mad because joker exists despite joker and smt protagonists being two very drastically different archetypes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know if I'm on board with SMTV guy's haircut yet

Orv
May 4, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Nobodies asking the real questions.

Like if the Smash character reveal will be at the start or end of the stream.

It's the entire stream, it's just twenty new Smash characters.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Orv posted:

It's the entire stream, it's just twenty new Smash characters.

All of them from the Yakuza games. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

All of them from the Yakuza games. :hai:

:hmmyes:

Isn't one of the legit reasons Kiryu won't appear in Smash is because his design documents state he can never beat up a woman?