Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DeafNote posted:

Sounds about right.

Btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNvqjCtzfXw

Who the hell is Fred Figglehorn?
I guess I am about to find out. (Quinton is drat lucky that I need some background noise for my current Nier Replicant grinding/farming sessions, because 200 minutes what the gently caress)

You know, I like his stuff normally but I really don't know if I'm going to watch a loving 3 and a half hour video about Fred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

MovieBob defended Metroid Other M.

He not only defended Other M, he also said the reason people didn't like it was because they were racist against Japanese people. :shepface: Yes, really.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hello yes, YouTube police?

I was recommended a ProJared video in the sidebar of the screen and I swear I've told YouTube I'm not interested in his channel a bunch of times by now.

Youtube still keeps recommending me Nostalgia Critic :negative:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If I'm recalling correctly, Moviebob calling Halo fashy was because of a commercial (I think for Reach?) where everything was monochrome but when a soldier was given a serum or something it turned his eyes bright blue and he just kinda went "Blue eyes? LIKE THE NAZIS!!??"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hello yes, YouTube police?

I was recommended a ProJared video in the sidebar of the screen and I swear I've told YouTube I'm not interested in his channel a bunch of times by now.

I swear 'Don't Recommend' only lasts like a week. It's best to just block.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

he said other m was good/a risky ambitious title because it wasn't "another first person shooter" which, lol

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

BizarroAzrael posted:

Crazy how he managed to stay "on brand" for a video that doesnt even mention Sonic!

Its a part of his history too after all. (Not like I didn't frequent Gamefaqs and its spinoffs back in the day)

Never visisted Collegehumor though, screw that site!

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 15, 2021

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

DelilahFlowers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD7X9SCn0To

Everyone stop what you are doing and watch this video.

Amazing. He's done it again!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Alacron posted:

If I'm recalling correctly, Moviebob calling Halo fashy was because of a commercial (I think for Reach?) where everything was monochrome but when a soldier was given a serum or something it turned his eyes bright blue and he just kinda went "Blue eyes? LIKE THE NAZIS!!??"

And that the Covenant were good in comparison because they were a multicultural genocidal regime.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dapper_Swindler posted:

What is he? A redwall mole?

Did his lovely art of peach and Mario’s kid get shared yet? It’s bad. I think the poor girl has FASD.
https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1129737298797572098
Civilian Mario? Does Bob think Mario is some kind of plumbing themed soldier?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sorry to bring FNAF man and his bullshit back up but

"I mean, of course! And I do intend on keeping going! some of it may go to politicians that want me dead, but most goes either to the man I idolize, his creation's budget, or most of all, charity!"

God loving consumerism is brain rot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Narrator: the charity was queer genocide.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Jamie Faith posted:

I've been trying to lay off posting Movie Bob tweets but good gravy his tweets are extra bat gently caress insane lately

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1403516476171169797

He seriously talks like a Metal Gear villain

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1403611162630103040

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1403612638999896065

Jamie Faith posted:

Like I know everyone here knows he's a fuckin weirdo but I still see some left leaning content creators/accounts on twitter interact with him like everything is fine and I'm just like uuuuh do ya'll just not see this? lol

This, to me, indicates that there is a larger issue at play here.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's quoting Bob Page from Deus Ex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY5KhdXsUQ

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

muscles like this! posted:

You know, I like his stuff normally but I really don't know if I'm going to watch a loving 3 and a half hour video about Fred.

Im 2 and a half hours in man...please send help.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

lmao yeah those are fake tweets. Check the date. "June 12 2052"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ghostlight posted:

Civilian Mario? Does Bob think Mario is some kind of plumbing themed soldier?

yeah probably.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t know why “Mature Yoshi” is so funny to me

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

Everyone knows Yoshis don't grow old because Mario drops them into pits the first time he needs to do a high jump.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thetoughestbean posted:

the fact that he grayed out yoshi's spikes to show age is loving hilarious

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

LanceHunter posted:

A friend had a role in organizing some transhumanist conferences for a while, and was very interested in the movement. However, this friend was non-binary and quickly learned that the transhumanist movement is, paradoxically, extremely transphobic.

He's an occasional youtube video essayist. He has this "Really That Good" series that is all right, but it's also significantly more thorough and only gets released maybe once a year.

https://vimeo.com/167872868

But more often he's a reviewer/commentator. He had a twice-a-week commentary show on the rebooted Escapist plus a once-a-week review show, but was let go because he became too toxic on Twitter (and because his videos couldn't help but take swipes at various "inferiors"). Apparently he's continuing that on his youtube channel, supported by a slowly-but-steadily dwindling patreon.

I used to watch his movie reviews a lot, but I've given up on him and now I just watch Armchair Auteur for that stuff. I gave his Game Overthinker videos a shot once and immediately got turned off by the skits, and keep in mind that at this point in my life I liked a significant chunk of Nostalgia Critic skits.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

sexpig by night posted:

the fact that he grayed out yoshi's spikes to show age is loving hilarious

lmfao

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yoshi hanging up his weathered kicks, stained in the detritus of the many foes of the mushroom kingdom over his many years of service.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok. I did it. I just spent 3 and a half hours watching a video about fred.

AMA? Question Mark?

It is fun learning about what childrens TV and media was doing after I aged out of it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Parangosky is a manipulative sociopath and more than willing to gaslight Serin Osman about Halsey while covering up her own complicity in the SII program. The stuff with the IIs is ethically sketchy as gently caress but the III program is downright bonkers and it's impressive how much of the franchise ignores the poo poo that happened to them. Like, Kurt downright lobotomizes the Gamma Company SIIIs with rage drugs because he's upset about the suicide missions that killed Alpha and Beta companies, and the worst that ever comes from this violation is that the Gammas need to constantly pop pills to not go insane. And none of this is ever met with a horrified reaction from anybody.

I like the Nylund novels but they are dead set on ends justify the means responses to stop genocidal aliens.

The Halo 4 and 5 opening CGI cutscenes do keep the amoral Halsey angle where she's unrepentant about the SII program but these are basically meaningless because neither of the cutscenes are related to basically anything in the franchise or even their respective games.

I missed some poo poo with the Halo books then, i remember liking the novelization of Halo 1 since it had a sidestory with a Grunt that saved an Elites life and you followed along with their little sidestory until one of them got run over by Master Chief as he was doing the warthog escape and the other got blown up with Halo at the end :v:

Then there was First Strike with the sick nasty sniper lady that sniped a Brute upside down while handing from a wire with her legs or some poo poo? It was stupidly awesome

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Alacron posted:

It's a lot more simple than that. He hates Halo because he's decided it's a series for jocks and bros. He's proudly proclaimed he's never played one many times. Anything he piles on top of that is looking for justifications.

It's hard to understate how hard Bob is not just mentally stuck in highschool, but a version of highschool entirely built from hackneyed tropes and cliches. That includes continuing to be a teenage Objectivist no matter how many layers of hollow weaksauce Liberal he tries to whitewash it with

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SteelMentor posted:

It's a lot more simple than that. He hates Halo because he's decided it's a series for jocks and bros. He's proudly proclaimed he's never played one many times. Anything he piles on top of that is looking for justifications.

It's hard to understate how hard Bob is not just mentally stuck in highschool, but a version of highschool entirely built from hackneyed tropes and cliches. That includes continuing to be a teenage Objectivist no matter how many layers of hollow weaksauce Liberal he tries to whitewash it with

It's because Halo put gaming in the mainstream market with Halo creating a fanbase in college students and the like. How dare Halo take gaming away from the nerdy intelligentsia! :goonsay:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Im 2 and a half hours in man...please send help.

Quinton drank too much of the Fred kool-aid.... he can't tell good and bad anymore. He only cares about The Fred Lore

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The only thing I bother to remember about Fred in present day is that John Cena was his dad in some movie they made.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

BigRed0427 posted:

AMA? Question Mark?

It is fun learning about what childrens TV and media was doing after I aged out of it.

I never thought I'd say this, but the Fred TV show seems like something I'd have loved as a kid.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Sorry to bring FNAF man and his bullshit back up but

"I mean, of course! And I do intend on keeping going! some of it may go to politicians that want me dead, but most goes either to the man I idolize, his creation's budget, or most of all, charity!"

God loving consumerism is brain rot.
People really want to go back to a time when politics were lower-stakes disagreements, which in reality never existed and was more of a cultural faux pas to disclose your politics. Marginalized people getting larger platforms to reveal just how bad the politics have always been is another factor.

I mean, people just don’t want to think their entertainment purchases are indirectly hurting people, and goofy Sonic memes about consumerism don’t help with that. Although FNAF is such a thoroughly milked franchise I have no idea what people are getting from it these days.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's because Halo put gaming in the mainstream market with Halo creating a fanbase in college students and the like. How dare Halo take gaming away from the nerdy intelligentsia! :goonsay:

The weirdest thing is that this has been a trend in gamer/nerd thought for well over 2 decades, predating even the first Halo. Like, look at this Penny Arcade from 2001.

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

Is Cawthorn the (first?) Zoomer Rowling? Now that I think about it it seems like a lot of the FNAF fandom is quite young...

Yardbomb posted:

The only thing I bother to remember about Fred in present day is that John Cena was his dad in some movie they made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMwfVOf1-vM

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BigRed0427 posted:

AMA? Question Mark?

Link the video

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Josh Christ posted:

Link the video

DeafNote posted:

Sounds about right.

Btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNvqjCtzfXw

Who the hell is Fred Figglehorn?
I guess I am about to find out. (Quinton is drat lucky that I need some background noise for my current Nier Replicant grinding/farming sessions, because 200 minutes what the gently caress)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah this. It’s also the weird holdover sadbrain poo poo he has about high school still because the people that bullied him are evil jock chuds who ruined gaming by liking fps games and they all hate Nintendo or some poo poo. Like it’s loving weird. Like tons of people of all genders and political stripes like FPS games dumbass and not every fps game is cod.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 15, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LanceHunter posted:

The weirdest thing is that this has been a trend in gamer/nerd thought for well over 2 decades, predating even the first Halo. Like, look at this Penny Arcade from 2001.

While there is some pickup before it, Halo was definitively the watershed moment because it was a game with easy-to-learn controls and fantastic gameplay on a machine that could get hooked to any TV and entertain four people for hours with zero IT or technical skill involved.

The PS2 helped as well by being a DVD player, but Halo was the game that did it.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

This dude has a video about how much Chills sucks, I'm in.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i’m just reminded of how tim buckley made several comics about how much he hated ddr and how often ddr lol was a punchline in his comics like gently caress off dude the game’s fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

watho posted:

i’m just reminded of how tim buckley made several comics about how much he hated ddr and how often ddr lol was a punchline in his comics like gently caress off dude the game’s fun

whats funny is apparently the new CADs are like decent and like weirdly good and woke and well meaning now. like he has a pretty good view of NB issues in one i think.