Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The game would also feature voice acting from David Bowie, reprising his character Lord Royal Highness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ghost of Tsushima is quite good but the combat has very many moving parts and I dislike that. Register enemy types and meet each with the appropriate moves and the correct reactions, while remaining aware of their positions, and also manage your ranged options and stances which you select through button combinations

it's not bad but it feels like an unusually steep learning curve, and also like it's trying to do Arkham Asylum combat while avoiding to use the exact same mechanics, when the mechanics were what made it good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The ghost tools in GoT are ridiculously overpowered, there's almost kinda no point to mastering the sword techniques when you can flick the kunai twice and bap bap the mongol horde is dead.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The last level of The Surge is called the Nucleus but it would be more apt to call it the Revenge of R&D. Easily the most lost and confused I've ever been in the game. And for no loving reason whatsoever other than cheap difficulty, multiple corridors are randomly flooded with toxic gas, forcing you to either waste an inventory slot on one of the preventative measures or waste healing charges recovering from it. Not only does it bring back all of the other annoying enemies, it also features a new enemy type that's incredibly dumb. It's a big blobby robot monster that has no discrete limbs to target and when you get its health low enough you have to hold down the use button to make it die. Except also without fail when they get low on health they'll spawn a mini-clone that which also recovers their health? They're also oversized and are frequently placed in locations that don't suit them at all.

For some reason they stick one of the more interesting-looking but ultimately underpowered weapons, a heavy duty slab of pure nanite hosed uppedness, five seconds before the final boss. Twice.

The real capper on it all is that from a story perspective the final boss is incredibly fascinating and full of interesting implications, but then you beat it so the game ends. Oops. The game also didn't feel like it was building to it at all? Really the plot totally fractures after R&D and never recovers. Maybe you have to read between the lines of every last audio log, but even having found them all I never got a coherent picture of what was actually going on beyond the broadest of strokes. Like, it turns out the lady that's been guiding you along and you're trying to rescue up on the executive level? Sike! She's actually an AI! An AI that's done this same thing with at least one other person and killed them when they didn't play along. There is no conclusion to this plot thread. The player character has no reaction whatsoever to this revelation and you don't even talk to or about her ever again. :confused: Like okay, in a general sense I think I know the hows and whys of the plot and there's a reason she goes away after that...but you can't just gloss over entire major plot points like that, damnit. Given how weirdly paced the final couple of areas are, I'm left wondering if stuff got cut.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Jun 14, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My Lovely Horse posted:

Ghost of Tsushima is quite good but the combat has very many moving parts and I dislike that. Register enemy types and meet each with the appropriate moves and the correct reactions, while remaining aware of their positions, and also manage your ranged options and stances which you select through button combinations

it's not bad but it feels like an unusually steep learning curve, and also like it's trying to do Arkham Asylum combat while avoiding to use the exact same mechanics, when the mechanics were what made it good.

I struggled at first but man, when it clicked it felt so good. Working my way through it legitimately transformed my understanding of combat-centric game mechanics, since then I can actually play other ones at something other than the easiest baby mode.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Battle of Bunker Hill from Fallout 4 it's a cool setpiece, but the game almost froze during the most hectic scenes and at that point I had destroyed the Railroad and not only were they present in full force but no one (not the Brotherhood of Steel or the Institute) acknowledged it. Father even says that the Railroad continues to be a nuisance they have to deal with sooner or later even though I personally gunned down everyone of the leadership.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

John Murdoch posted:

The last level of The Surge is called the Nucleus but it would be more apt to call it the Revenge of R&D.

Just want to say I've enjoyed reading your Surge posts. :cheers:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire: I know they're remaking the Ruby and Sapphire versions, not Emerald, but for the seventh gym they really should have used Liza and Tate's Emerald lineup, which has four mons, instead of their R/S one with only two. Since it's a mandatory double battle the fight just goes way too fast.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Finally getting around to playing Mad Max (2015). It's a perfectly serviceable open world action game, but it does have a lot of problems like all the other open world games at the time. There are three glaring flaws I can't quite get over though:

1. Every so often a tornado will randomly appear and your friend will yell about how "the mighty duster" is coming. The tornado is tiny and almost invisible. A wet fart tornado. They also try to replicate the storm from the movie, but all it does is turn your screen red/brown. Terrible.

2. There are no war rigs or monster trucks. It's just a bunch of similarly sized and similarly equipped cars.

3. The worst offense is that your car never, ever gets faster than other cars despite you spending the whole game upgrading your engine and exhaust. If a car is ahead of you, you will always catch up to them. If a car is behind you, they will always catch up to you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Game adjacent, Google seems to think I want to play Diablo 2 because I'm pretty sure it's given me a notification that D2 Remastered has a release date 4 or 5 times today

I do not care about playing D2 in 2021.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

John Murdoch posted:

For some reason they stick one of the more interesting-looking but ultimately underpowered weapons, a heavy duty slab of pure nanite hosed uppedness, five seconds before the final boss. Twice.

Souls type games often do this with the expectation that people will use the weapon in New Game Plus

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Alhazred posted:

The Battle of Bunker Hill from Fallout 4 it's a cool setpiece, but the game almost froze during the most hectic scenes and at that point I had destroyed the Railroad and not only were they present in full force but no one (not the Brotherhood of Steel or the Institute) acknowledged it. Father even says that the Railroad continues to be a nuisance they have to deal with sooner or later even though I personally gunned down everyone of the leadership.

You killed the local leadership, but remember that the Railroad is a large organization (they are spread across the country, going from FO3) that has already limped back from a previous local extermination attempt.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Phigs posted:

Just want to say I've enjoyed reading your Surge posts. :cheers:

Aw, thanks.

Gort posted:

Souls type games often do this with the expectation that people will use the weapon in New Game Plus

Very plausible. I was mostly confused as to why it's there twice, once just...leaning against a container in a random room and then one room later it's placed in a much more thematically logical location. Now that I think about it, the final boss has two mutually exclusive weapons, a sword and claws, that much like Gwyn's gear in Dark Souls can only possibly be used in NG+ so I guess maybe it helps round out the available weapons for that. This did also make me go dig up the full stats on it and it looks like it's actually not as bad of a weapon as I thought, it just takes a significant investment in upgrades (especially tiers that are exclusive to post-NG loops) combined with a decent number of proficiency levels to get there. :ms: I guess!

In general thanks to the truncated pacing of the last few areas they end up dumping every last fully upgraded endgame implant on you in a way that feels less like they're meant to be used to finish the game and more to carry over into NG+.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Jun 14, 2021

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What rubs me wrong about Fallout 4 is how all the role-playing and ornate quest-design is downplayed in favour of the combat.

But the combat itself is utterly unremarkable and fares poorly next to any real shooter.

Mass Effect 3 on the other hand, is also a game which downplays the role-playing, but the usual combat kicks rear end. That game has a laundry list of dumb crap thanks to its tortuous development but I look back on it fondly as the 70% of the play-time that you shoot dudes is stellar.

Fallout 4 just enraged me because it rehashes and pays lip-service to the original themes of Fallout without anything to say. Bethesda's Fallout cares more about Cargo-Cult Iconography (power-armour, brotherhood, mutants, ghouls, enclave) than the Intent behind them (zealotry, xenophobia, moral self-righteousness, lack of accountability, humanity's destructive nature)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Gort posted:

Considering the final boss can also drop equipment, yeah that's likely.

The Surge actually has NG+ worth playing at least, insofar as the fact there are some differences in the enemy composition. For example, the first time you play the game, a weak little drone come out to face you as a combat tutorial. In NG+, the drone comes out to face you, then from around a corner an end-game enemy leaps out and destroys it, before running for you.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Considering the final boss can also drop equipment, yeah that's likely.

The Surge actually has NG+ worth playing at least, insofar as the fact there are some differences in the enemy composition. For example, the first time you play the game, a weak little drone come out to face you as a combat tutorial. In NG+, the drone comes out to face you, then from around a corner an end-game enemy leaps out and destroys it, before running for you.

There's also some minor visual differences and plot cues, that show that the loop of NG+ isn't just a gameplay aspect on some level.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

Elden Ring's trailer has made me realize a constant across every game I've ever played:

Horse-mounted combat is never good. It can only rise to the level of 'inoffensive', and most examples only reach that level by being avoidable in the first place. Usually, it's just straight bad.

Wrong.

https://youtu.be/9d1mFfFxiVw

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Perestroika posted:

Cyberpunk had one of the biggest perk disappointments I had in recent history, too. One of the earlier perks says you can throw knives. Since I was playing a fairly stealthy character, I went straight for that, figuring it would be a nice way to get stealth kills at range.

The trouble is, the knives you throw aren't like an expendable resource or simply on an ability on a cooldown. No, you need to actually find a regular weapon of the "knife" class, equip it, and then you can throw that. Those are fairly rare and not particularly cheap to buy. If you do throw one, it's permanently destroyed. If you want to throw several in a row, you need to throw, go into your inventory, equip the new one, close the inventory, then throw that (or alternatively take up several weapon slots with otherwise fairly useless knives). Finally, to add insult to injury, it does thoroughly mediocre damage that is easily outclassed by a simple pistol with a suppressor on it.

My big perk fuckup was the one that disassembles junk items. It’s normally useful but there’s no way to NOT do it and it turns out there’s junk items that are worth serious money

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Doesn't Cyberpunk have a perk that affects swimming or stealth while swimming? When there is little water that is even close to objectives?

But the best perk trophy still goes to Two Worlds. It had a skill called Unhorse, which would let you knock enemies off their mounts, but no mounted enemies existed in the entire game.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Schubalts posted:

Doesn't Cyberpunk have a perk that affects swimming or stealth while swimming? When there is little water that is even close to objectives?

But the best perk trophy still goes to Two Worlds. It had a skill called Unhorse, which would let you knock enemies off their mounts, but no mounted enemies existed in the entire game.

The commando perk, yeah. There’s an underwater side quest… but it doesn’t have enemies.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Len posted:

Game adjacent, Google seems to think I want to play Diablo 2 because I'm pretty sure it's given me a notification that D2 Remastered has a release date 4 or 5 times today

I do not care about playing D2 in 2021.

Google seemed to think I was very invested in Mindy Kaling's pregnancy a while back. They're weird sometimes.

I missed out on Diablo as a kid so I'm interested. That said, Blizzard messed up Warcraft 3's remaster so bad that I'm gonna wait for reviews.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

The real capper on it all is that from a story perspective the final boss is incredibly fascinating and full of interesting implications, but then you beat it so the game ends. Oops. The game also didn't feel like it was building to it at all?

That was definitely my issue with the end of The Surge. I knew I was pretty late in the game but there's really no indication that the final boss is actually the final boss.

A really weird thing about The Surge's story is that when you start the game your character is in a wheelchair and the Rig exo system actually lets them walk but your character never actually talks about what it means to be able to walk again.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

muscles like this! posted:

That was definitely my issue with the end of The Surge. I knew I was pretty late in the game but there's really no indication that the final boss is actually the final boss.

A really weird thing about The Surge's story is that when you start the game your character is in a wheelchair and the Rig exo system actually lets them walk but your character never actually talks about what it means to be able to walk again.

I thought he said something early on, but it wasn't much, just a line or two, something like "This is incredible; I can walk and run and jump again! Too bad everyone's trying to kill me." It's been a while since I played it though. Also, the Walk in the Park dlc has some audiologs from Warren and his wife/girlfriend talking about how working for CREO might let him walk again (I think I remember something like that).

What always gets me is the rig installation cutscene in the beginning. "Anesthesia complete." *Warren's eyes go wide in pain and shock because there were no anesthetics, then the screaming starts*

And in Surge 2, it's just glossed over that the medic station in the police locker room just bolts a rig into your spine and limbs, no big deal. It kinda works with who/what the player character is, and it gets you back to the game immediately and start the fun stuff, but still, it's weird to me.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Jun 15, 2021

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

beats for junkies posted:

I thought he said something early on, but it wasn't much, just a line or two, something like "This is incredible; I can walk and run and jump again! Too bad everyone's trying to kill me." It's been a while since I played it though. Also, the Walk in the Park dlc has some audiologs from Warren and his wife/girlfriend talking about how working for CREO might let him walk again (I think I remember something like that).

And in Surge 2, it's just glossed over that the medic station in the police locker room just bolts a rig into your spine and limbs, no big deal. It kinda works with who/what the player character is, and it gets you back to the game immediately and start the fun stuff, but still, it's weird to me.

I believe they mention that in the Surge 2 - something about improved tech (prob nanomachines or something) not requiring bolted stuff onto your skeleton any ore, they instead simply fuse to you instead? Been a while.

And yeah, Warren's girlfriend is against him joining CREO because they're a big sinister conglomerate, but eventually comes around to it as Warren describes how he'd be able to walk and that's make it worth it for him.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

I believe it's also possible to speedrun that game by triggering the town guards to fight the big bad guy in the starting town and they didn't make him invincible or particularly strong for some reason.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Boars aren't horses!

And this just proves the point, because if this was a horse, it would find a way to suck.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I believe it's also possible to speedrun that game by triggering the town guards to fight the big bad guy in the starting town and they didn't make him invincible or particularly strong for some reason.

why would they? its a cool easter egg where if you get that ending presumably you could just immediately restart since its so early

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Stexils posted:

why would they? its a cool easter egg where if you get that ending presumably you could just immediately restart since its so early

It's not exactly an easter egg, more like eastern jank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NeR-bT3uv0

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Vic posted:

lol

fear me hero for i - gently caress stop hitting me! ow! gently caress! stop it you stupid villagers- OW *ending cutscene plays*

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Stexils posted:

It very much wasn't an easter egg since I believe they patched it out.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Vic posted:

I love the golf clapping and "amazing display" commentary from the crowd when the guy does impressive stuff like *checks notes* "walking around a guy" and "jumping a fence".

I'm sure there some special speed running feat he pulled off that I can't see, but it's still hilarious.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

sinburger posted:

I love the golf clapping and "amazing display" commentary from the crowd when the guy does impressive stuff like *checks notes* "walking around a guy" and "jumping a fence".

I'm sure there some special speed running feat he pulled off that I can't see, but it's still hilarious.

:thejoke:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You know how every single videogame boss has one move where if they just used that constantly they'd be completely invincible? The Surge 2's Metal Armor has cracked the code. "What if I simply never didn't use my flamethrower?", truly the Prometheus of videogame bosses.

Also it's yet another Souls game where bonfires don't recharge your estus flasks. This med bay can fully heal me, construct armor sets that range from cobbled together road warrior poo poo to military prototypes, and use a pile of "tech scrap" to sextuple my reactor's output, but it can't recharge my batteries. Curious!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Moon Monster posted:

Also it's yet another Souls game where bonfires don't recharge your estus flasks. This med bay can fully heal me, construct armor sets that range from cobbled together road warrior poo poo to military prototypes, and use a pile of "tech scrap" to sextuple my reactor's output, but it can't recharge my batteries. Curious!
Wait, what? :pwn: I know TS2 does things differently than the first game (actual stats this time! :monocle:) but how does that work??

Also I woke up still thinking about the stupid Nucleus so here's some less sleep deprived thoughts. For all my fans!!!!

1) The area has a legitimately cool gimmick: The ops room is placed on a giant cargo elevator, so as you ascend the level you pull the ops room up to you instead of needing to shortcut all the way back down to it. However, I feel like the implementation is kinda...off. Because cool as it is, the level isn't actually built around it at all. Instead it feels like you go through yet another arbitrary gauntlet of tunnels and enemies and yadda yadda before being unceremoniously spit back into the central chamber with the lift call button. I think it was a missed opportunity to not have the entire ascent be built around the elevator more, make it more of a clear cut objective every floor to move it up to you. Have it open more side paths with its presence. Add some more puzzle elements. (There is a single side route/objective thanks to a secondary platform hiding underneath the main one, but maybe throw in some more elevators and gimme more of that Dukes Archives type poo poo.) Even just some teases - use windows to show that you're so close yet so far to that call button, that kind of thing.

2) The actual main objective is handled similarly. The way to the final boss is blocked by a big wall of nanites or somesuch, and there's a...uhh...a giant electromagnet? EMF device? a big electric explodey thing wired up next to it. So the goal is to reach the top of the area to set off that device and clear the wall. It even has ominous glowing red cables attached to it that lead up to the power switch. But again, just like the elevator, the level isn't really built around it. You're never really following the power cables to chase down the switch, you just inevitably end up at the top with the big red button because that's how the level works. These flow problems are especially weird because R&D of all things actually has a minaturized version of what I'm talking about - a central room that other rooms look into and end up interacting with as you ascend, including windows that come pre-busted open so you can "cheat" between sections, perilous catwalks hiding side content and items, etc. It's R&D so it's still a bit frustrating and confusing but still, the principle is there. All that said, points for consistency: The blobby robot enemies need to be fried with electricity and you have to set off another EMP blast to force the final boss into its second phase, so all of these elements end up accentuating each other.

The other confusing thing though is that I'm not entirely sure if actually need to set off the EMP and clear the wall? There's a tunnel that will take you to the final boss area just the same. Because of how I explored the area I was never in a position to check if there were additional blockages deeper in or they just allow you to shortcut the whole process for no real reason. I think the overall intention was for you to take the tunnel (which is very near the power switch for the EMP) then circle back to the first floor and set up your easy final boss runback, but it's not the most intuitive logic. And while I'm talking about it, these tunnels suck because whereas other load screens at least make sense - you're using a train or an elevator - the load barrier is just between nondescript tunnels. And for some reason it loved to spit me out on the other side facing the direction I just came from. :argh: (And while I'm talking about THAT, it also sucks that hitting a loading screen will respawn enemies even if you haven't rested at ops.)

3) Finally, something I never got around to bitching about until now: The reason why navigation is so drat confusing. I mean, beyond the fact that the map design is all awkwardly scrunched together and over-relies on maintenance tunnels and elevators to piece everything together. See, about 90% of said maintenance tunnel connect like THIS:

Those dead ends almost never have anything in them, either. So not only do they all look identical and are very, very cramped and dark (but of course they like to stick enemies in them anyway), but every junction has built-in pointless blind corners that make it even easier to get turned around. Bare minimum, they waste your time.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I really wanted to do NG+ in the Arkham Batman games but I totally suck at combat without the counter icons.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

BiggerBoat posted:

I really wanted to do NG+ in the Arkham Batman games but I totally suck at combat without the counter icons.

Honestly, games that only let you do NG+ by upping the difficulty suck in general. The entire POINT of NG+ is to let the player rampage through the early game with all their endgame equipment and skills. Can't exactly do that when the first goon hits harder than the final boss.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

Wait, what? :pwn: I know TS2 does things differently than the first game (actual stats this time! :monocle:) but how does that work??

So your heal is one of the "injectables" you have that can be used by expending a battery charge. Your baseline battery charge is zero, you charge it by hitting enemies with attacks, and it will eventually drain if you don't use it. So it kind of makes sense that it starts at 0 when you walk out of the med bay. However, there are mods that let you bank charges in multiple ways. There's a series of mods that stops your battery from automatically discharging below X charges. There are also mods and armor set bonuses that let you bank uses of injectables independent of your battery meter.

So at the point I'm at in the game a true full restore would leave me with 4 banked injectable charges and 2 non-draining chunks of battery meter. But instead med bays just leave me with 0 of both. It's kind of like Bloodborne where if you get your rear end kicked by a boss a bunch you'll start with 0 flasks. But in Bloodborne once you git gud you'll have 200 flasks in the bank at all times so it doesn't really matter. Here there is no bank of heals/charges that persists through death so if you die once you start with 0 resources. It's not a problem for non-boss areas (or easy bosses) since you can restore your resources quite quickly by fighting, but it's super annoying when you're making multiple runs at a difficult boss. You have to decide: do I want to fight trivial minions for 2 minutes before each run, or go in with a significant disadvantage.

And yeah, re: your other posts The Surge developers in both 1 and 2 seemed to notice how the Dark Souls community never shuts up about how great interconnected worlds and shortcuts are, so they took it to a bit of an extreme. You can play for 2 hours and keep finding increasingly ridiculous shortcuts back to the same med bay. It's kind of neat but, especially with the lack of fast travel, ends up making navigation extremely confusing.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 15:03 on Jun 15, 2021

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh...so they basically merged the healing implants together so now everything is battery-powered? No standalone estus flask charges like in the first game? Awkward.

Also because the game hasn't left my brain yet, I'm watching CJacobs' LP and he solved the mystery of the stagger meter for me. I think part of the reason I was so confused was because trying to use it tandem with heavy duty weapons doesn't work as well, but also it really comes off as a hacked-in feature to show info that wasn't originally meant to be surfaced (I think it was patched in after the fact?). Basically its purpose is to indicate that an enemy is close to staggering from repeated attacks and if it's close to being depleted that's your sign to keep pressing the attack because you'll safely knock them for a loop for a second vs. them counter-attacking and interrupting you. Like with a lot of the other mechanics there is no discrete stagger "system" or "state" per se, it's basically just a reward for chaining together full combos and staying aggressive. Visualizing it as a meter and attaching it to enemy health bars is where the confusion is born from, I think. It instantly refills whenever you're not actively comboing an enemy and similarly you only get the one brief stagger effect before it resets. So it's perfectly normal for it to instantly refill any time you're not actively pressuring them and for it to reset after a successful stagger, because by design you're simply not allowed to infinitely stunlock enemies. Wish I had understood all of that before beating the game, but maybe it'll help Simply Simon.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Piranha Bytes announced Elex II, which they insist will be the fifth or sixth time they aim to recapture the magic of Gothic 2. No, you still can't play a female character nor play anything beyond a lumpy white dude with no personality.

Is it any wonder every other WRPG developer leaves this company in the dust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

. No, you still can't play a female character nor play anything beyond a lumpy white dude with no personality.

I always like to play myself in games