Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Beach Boys is a less accurate name every year. Now they a bunch of Coast Codgers.

Dune Dodderers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Old Men of the Sea

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shoreside Seniors

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Beach biddies
Promenade prostate guys
Beach boomers
Old loving twats

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Salty Sailors

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/nocontextbrits/status/1404754561097666565?s=21

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Planning on a cheeky lolly in my fannie sort of night :wink:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well that's my weekend ruined.
:comeback:

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

They've got plastic surgery televangelist and his nephew, perennial conversion camp prom king youth pastor.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/AP_Oddities/status/1404874104960958467

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It says nothing about your butt :tutbutt:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
If we're lucky the aliens will land this week to take over Earth, take one look at that, shake their multiple heads, and leave.

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Inceltown posted:

It never does... :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

The Klondike bar, obviously

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Sticking an ice lolly in your vagina sounds incredibly uncomfortable. Have these women never heard of refrigerating a dildo like a normal person ?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Fanny means pussy in the uk.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Monkey posted:

Fanny means pussy in the uk.

Fanny means front bum here too.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Inceltown posted:

Fanny means front bum here too.

"Here" being Inceltown ?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lady Disdain posted:

"Here" being Inceltown ?

There or :australia:, readers choice.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

What about a Push-Up?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Knormal posted:

What about a Push-Up?

Those are only for bras.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/BostonDotCom/status/1405167758267109385

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Knormal posted:

What about a Push-Up?

push-pop?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s a lot to unpack in this headline to say nothing of the Australian spider apocalypse being “US News”.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/us-news/3085332/spider-apocalypse-australia-countryside-cobwebs-biblical-mouse-plague/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

There’s a lot to unpack in this headline to say nothing of the Australian spider apocalypse being “US News”.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/us-news/3085332/spider-apocalypse-australia-countryside-cobwebs-biblical-mouse-plague/

This happens every so often it’s not a big deal.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This happens every so often it’s not a big deal.

Ok, well, is there anyone asking your PM to let their people go, because if this is a regular occurrence by now maybe y'all oughta consider it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Phy posted:

Ok, well, is there anyone asking your PM to let their people go, because if this is a regular occurrence by now maybe y'all oughta consider it

Unfortunately, yes, but the PM and half the country is too busy jacking themselves raw about the cruelty

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why is it never a Biblical mousse plague?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Why is it never a Biblical mousse plague?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Porridge

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In the real world, I can’t imagine there’s a closer parallel than the Boston Molasses Flood.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:krakken: Aaahhhh so that what the fortune teller meant when he promised I'll have the 'sweetest' day ever ahhhh!

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

By popular demand posted:

:krakken: Aaahhhh so that what the fortune teller meant when he promised I'll have the 'sweetest' day ever ahhhh!

Going by your avatar, I’d say your sweetest day ever ends in plastic bottle with a few ml of Fanta

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

There was also that time when 14 people were killed by sugar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg7mLSG-Yws

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tobermory posted:

There was also that time when 14 people were killed by sugar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg7mLSG-Yws

Oh, plenty more people than that have been killed by sugar :911:

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
There was also a beer flood, iirc. It's not sweet like mousse, but is is *frothy.

e: *foamy ?

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Jun 18, 2021

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Noah was just a minor character in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

ps https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/ios-14-5s-apple-podcasts-update-could-devour-your-iphones-data-storage-unless-you-do-0384609/

PhantomOfTheCopier has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Jun 18, 2021

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Experience: I swallowed one of my AirPods

On the doctor’s screen was a cartoon-clear X-ray image of my ribs. Parked between them was the unmistakable shape of the missing earphone

On 1 February this year, snow fell heavily on my home town of Worcester, Massachusetts, and I had been shovelling for an hour and a half before turning in at midnight. I was exhausted, but it’s my habit to watch movies on my phone as I go to sleep. I put on a favourite – the 1980s version of The Thing, starring Kurt Russell. It’s the story of researchers in Antarctica being gradually taken over by a malevolent alien.

Within 10 minutes of the opening credits, I could barely keep my eyes open. The next thing I knew, four hours had passed, my wife, Heather, was asleep beside me and the movie had long finished. Groggily, I moved my phone off the pillow and removed the wireless AirPod headphone from one ear – the other had fallen out and I couldn’t find it.

Still barely awake, I padded to the bathroom for a sip of water, but couldn’t swallow properly. My throat filled with water, but it wouldn’t go down – I had to lean over the sink and let the water drain out. It was bizarre and alarming, but I was so tired that I just went back to bed. In the morning, I checked again for the missing earbud, but it was nowhere to be seen. The “find my AirPod” function on my phone, which makes the headphones bleep, didn’t work as the batteries were flat.

Lots more snow had fallen overnight, and I went out before breakfast to resume shovelling, breaking off after an hour or so for a drink of water. Again, I couldn’t swallow but I wasn’t concerned – I just thought my throat was unusually dry and the difficulty would pass. “By the way,” I said, as I headed back out, “I’ve lost one of my earphones. Has anyone seen it?”

While I cleared the snow, Heather and my son, Owen, searched the bedroom thoroughly, even lifting the mattress. “Hey,” Owen said, “perhaps you swallowed it in your sleep?” We all laughed, but a couple of minutes later, after another mouthful of water came straight back up, we started to wonder if he might be on to something. I had also become aware of a faint pressure in the middle of my chest – just a mild discomfort, nothing that would usually have caused concern. But the evidence was starting to add up.

“You need to get it checked out,” Heather said.

At the walk-in centre, the receptionist asked for my symptoms. My response was met with a bemused look and the doctor who examined me was incredulous. She said people with an object lodged in their throat usually experience a lot of pain, plus it seemed unlikely that I could have inadvertently swallowed a piece of plastic an inch and a half long. I was left on my own as she went to examine the results of a precautionary X-ray.

The doctor’s expression when she returned was priceless. “Well, I’ll be damned,” she said. She led me to her workstation, which was surrounded by medical staff. On the screen was a cartoon-clear image of my ribs and, parked between them at 45 degrees, the unmistakable shape of the missing AirPod.

The situation may have seemed comical, but the doctor was clearly concerned. The AirPod seemed to be wedged firmly into the side of my oesophagus, but there was still a possibility it could block an airway. If ingested, it could either pass harmlessly through my system, or lodge in my intestines, which would mean surgery. There was also a slight possibility that the device might rupture, and I didn’t want to try digesting a lithium-ion battery.

Heather drove me to the endoscopy centre, where the AirPod was got back out via my mouth using a tube with a lasso attachment. It was extremely uncomfortable, but I was sedated and so only half awake. A few minutes later, I was given the AirPod in a neat little bag.

I tried it as soon as I got home. It works fine, although the microphone is less reliable than it was. I’ll never know for certain how I managed to swallow it; my theory is that it dropped on to the pillow, ended up next to my mouth and got sucked in when I yawned. In retrospect, I’m glad the “find my AirPod” attempt didn’t work – I would have freaked out if my throat had beeped.

As told to Chris Broughton

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jun/18/experience-i-swallowed-one-of-my-airpods?CMP=soc_567

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ugh, I've held off on wireless earbuds because I knew they'd get lost while I sleep, but I never expected that :catstare: