Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Smythe posted:

lol at how quickly this forum forgets any semblance of class solidarity. lol, just LOL forever. you immediately assemble the "leftist firing squad" but even dumber since this is like woke scolding but for chapo listeners. the troops are indoctrinated since birth to think fragging arabs with 23 million dollar laser cannons is epic and are compelled to the bloody service of capital by the most powerful economic and mind control apparatuses in the world my friends. no war but class war. dont forget it.

hmmm, yes, but you want to kiss and hug hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
dems

https://twitter.com/aidachavez/status/1404558110027661314

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Bideo James posted:

What do you call a smart veteran who didn't join the military?

A member of the Coast Guard

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Getting mad at a drone pilot is pretty dumb and a very lib thing to do. Smythe is correct.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

wow betrayed by mayor dave, a man i invited to a yacht party once via forum pm. hosed up

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I won't comment on anything they posted though because I'm not reading that poo poo and I'm sure it was real foot in mouth stuff.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Asproigerosis posted:

Getting mad at a drone pilot is pretty dumb and a very lib thing to do. Smythe is correct.

it depends but there is a thread for the topic

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

shirunei posted:

A member of the Coast Guard

the US Coast Guard operates in the Persian Gulf lol

quote:

Iran's Navy once again harassed US ships operating in the Persian Gulf, this time coming within 68 yards of the ships on Monday night, prompting one of the American ships to fire warning shots, according to Cdr. Rebecca Rebarich, a spokeswoman for the US Navy's Fifth Fleet.

Three fast inshore attack craft from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Navy came within 68 yards of the USS Firebolt, a Navy patrol coast ship, and the Coast Guard cutter Baranoff, Rebarich said in a statement.

The Iranian ships kept operating close to the US vessels despite repeated bridge-to-bridge warnings and the use of loud-hailer devices. In response, the Firebolt fired warning shots, Rebarich said, at which point the Iranian ships backed away to a safe distance.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Trabisnikof posted:

the US Coast Guard operates in the Persian Gulf lol

Noooo my clean Wehrmacht Coast Guard!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mirthless posted:

Anyone who looks at the grim calculus, acknowledges it, and still straps the boots on is less than human

Pretty loving hardcore man.

And I agree.

gently caress the Democrats and those that vote for them.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Smythe posted:

lol at how quickly this forum forgets any semblance of class solidarity. lol, just LOL forever. you immediately assemble the "leftist firing squad" but even dumber since this is like woke scolding but for chapo listeners. the troops are indoctrinated since birth to think fragging arabs with 23 million dollar laser cannons is epic and are compelled to the bloody service of capital by the most powerful economic and mind control apparatuses in the world my friends. no war but class war. dont forget it.

a lot of people are frustrated and someone just popped up and (inadvertently?) made themselves a lightning rod for all that frustration.

it's 100% true that some people are indoctrinated into the military - be it by family tradition, nationalist propaganda, or whathaveyou.

It is also 100% true that some people are leveraged into the military - guy I roomed with for a while, retired marine was basically given the choice between Parris Island and juvie, he picked Parris island and got to watch african war lords rape little kids through the scope of a sniper rifle and drinks to blackout so he can try and forget every little kid he let get raped to protect us oil/diamond/whatever interests in west africa.

lastly, individuals are ultimately responsible for their actions.

poo poo's hosed, imo.

e: said marine eventually woke up one day in a bed in leavenworth after, in his own words, "double-tapping the last rapist i'd have to see's spine right out of his rear end in a top hat"

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 18:29 on Jun 15, 2021

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

spacetoaster posted:

Pretty loving hardcore man.

And I agree.

gently caress the Democrats and those that vote for them.

to be fair, i was just trying to match the energy of the post i was replying to

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

wrong

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Asproigerosis posted:

They literally murdered people OP. Hth.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
so i directly participated in murdering 12 people. whom amognst us. which way to the class solidarity

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Smythe posted:

wow betrayed by mayor dave, a man i invited to a yacht party once via forum pm. hosed up

I should have gone to the yacht party, that would have been sweet

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Mirthless posted:

Joke's on you, I'm a high school dropout raised by a single mom with untreated OCD and the places I did get educated had 40+ person class sizes

drat u must be smart

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

so i directly participated in murdering 12 people. whom amognst us. which way to the class solidarity

We're all complicit if you think about it. The person working a min wage job at mcdonalds, the person finding the drone target, the person operating drones, and me the person who pressed the kill button on the drone.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

everyone is guilty of everything and justice is an illusion

suscribe to my podcast

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I kind of think that gatekeeping our ideological clubhouse based on anything other than ideology is a huge waste of time at best and have thought this every single time it comes up ITT which is distressingly often

The Troops largely voted for Bernie if you're electorally minded, and we will need a lot of them on our side if you're revolutionarily minded

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

its funny because individualism has so poisoned our brains that we can't comprehend the middle ground between someone participating in a mass movement and someone being allowed to lead and guide it.

like if a mass movement ever happens there will even be former cops amongst those participating and that is good. but they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a place of leadership and that's also good.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Let he who is without sin cast the first drone.

I have no real opinion on any of this poo poo, I just wanted to make that joke.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sitting in my 18th-century french salon with my fellow radical students, tut-tutting at the foreign legionnaires who want to join our cause because they were willing participants in colonialism

in one week I will be cut down by musket fire atop a pile of my dead friends

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
youre an idiot

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I suspect none of you have had to hold the responsibility for life and death in your jobs.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Bideo James posted:

What do you call a smart veteran who didn't join the military?

Brace Belden?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

I kind of think that gatekeeping our ideological clubhouse based on anything other than ideology is a huge waste of time at best and have thought this every single time it comes up ITT which is distressingly often

Kinda like insisting that anyone who eats meat isn't a real leftist?

Because that's the particular reason that people are mad at baw, not just the drone poo poo on it's own, it's the combination of the two.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

I suspect none of you have had to hold the responsibility for life and death in your jobs.

gently caress no

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tabletops posted:

drat u must be smart

there are plenty of dumb people like myself who understand that killing is wrong by the time they reach adulthood

the point was to illustrate that I did not have some extra layer of privilege providing me this insight

if I was really all that smart, I would have finished High School, wouldn't I have?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

paul_soccer12 posted:

youre an idiot

evergreen post imo

WampaLord posted:

Kinda like insisting that anyone who eats meat isn't a real leftist?

Because that's the particular reason that people are mad at baw, not just the drone poo poo on it's own, it's the combination of the two.

missed that, and, lmao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

existence as a member of the american fascist state (read: being a citizen or living in america) is itself an unethical existence, everything about modern american life is built on the exploitation, suffering, or death of some capital-o Other.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

ya i didnt volunteer to go kill people

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

i've worked in safety sensitive positions or hospital support jobs before where a serious mistake could absolutely cause someone to die and I took those jobs very seriously

oh wait you meant "responsibility OVER life and death"

i guess most of us wouldn't sign up for something like this????

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
if your a troop and feeling guilty go bbq some finance execs for father's day

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if you think about it a heart surgeon and the dude playing Call of Duty : Real Life Edition are exactly alike

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hell yeah work sucks

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
It's ME! I get to be the decider! *absolutely fuckin annihalates the most wonderful day of some poor 19 year old's life, along with her whole village*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

loquacius posted:

The Troops largely voted for Bernie if you're electorally minded, and we will need a lot of them on our side if you're revolutionarily minded

lmfao