Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

since we already had a half-human, half-demon protag be called demi-fiend, we should refer to 5 as demiboy to prevent confusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

So, the trailer says the release date is the 12th, while other sources say the 11th? The 12th would be a palindrome release date outside of the US (12-11-21 for Europe or 21-11-12 for Japan).

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

TurnipFritter posted:

since we already had a half-human, half-demon protag be called demi-fiend, we should refer to 5 as demiboy to prevent confusion

:emptyquote:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Lot of new demon designs in the JP trailer. They look really good in engine.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

Not the best quality, but spoilers for how the stat screen will look for demons in SMT V:

Looks like we have Strength, Vitality, Magic, Agility and Luck.

And they're keeping the elemental affinity stuff from IV:A so that rules.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They're just revealing one cell in the demon fusion table, male+male=androgynous

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

The game looks absolutely amazing but I feel like the battle UI is a bit of a letdown and doesn't really have the feel of prior SMT games. Maybe I'll grow used to it but right now it's not working for me.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's a more refined take on TMS's UI. It's great. :colbert:

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
There's going to be a Japanese stream tomorrow.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

drat, I almost got excited for a trans/nb protag in SMT5

Maybe for the best we didn't get it, I'm not sure how many old Atlus people are on it and after Catherine: Full Body, I don't think too many people would trust em to do it right

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
SMT V: Come with me if you want to be pretty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Nocturne is the goat and you guys are disappointed it looks like Nocturne. Smh fake fans

I am glad for the look! I had actually been wondering why Nocturne was chosen for a HD re-release, and now it makes sense lol.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Gaius Marius posted:

The way the battle system looks seems like it's taking queues from the Original Nocturne system before they settled on the Press Turn

Game looks really good
What was the original Nocturne system and how does this one look like it? I'm curious
I don't know anything about the early release Nocturne combat outside of the baffling demon negotiation screen

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I don't think anyone posted this but the JP trailer is completely different and shows more gameplay.

https://twitter.com/personasama/status/1404848476756660225

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Item Getter posted:

Game looks really good
What was the original Nocturne system and how does this one look like it? I'm curious
I don't know anything about the early release Nocturne combat outside of the baffling demon negotiation screen

No guns
No human party members aside from the protagonist

E: didn't read the post you were quoting

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Hot androgynous blue haired protag.

Hot androgynous blue haired protag !!!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I want his hair.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

To say protag exceeded expectations, would be putting it lightly

we were going insane in our discord over the protag

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Item Getter posted:

Game looks really good
I can't find the video that I saw about it, but the original Vortex build of Nocturne had a sort of system where you had a bar showing how many actions you could take, and hitting weakness's would extend it.

Watching the trailer for SMTV over a couple times, I'm not sure exactly what's going on with the system, it seems really Press Turn like. But the icons don't behave as they should in a proper press turn system.

edit maybe this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avBGMhA5l_0&t=1258s

Found a pic of the old battle ui on the cutting room floor

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 15, 2021

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It looked like press turn to me.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The bishounen look and lightsaber has me thinking of wakamaru from okami, which is a good thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apDVib2uMfc

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Watching the trailer for SMTV over a couple times, I'm not sure exactly what's going on with the system, it seems really Press Turn like. But the icons don't behave as they should in a proper press turn system.
My guess would be you go through all of your "normal" turns first, and then use your press turns.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Gaius Marius posted:

How so? I didn't see any inconsistencies but I wasn't watching the icons too closely.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Terper posted:

My guess would be you go through all of your "normal" turns first, and then use your press turns.

That's how it works in the SMT gacha game I think.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I don't think anyone posted this but the JP trailer is completely different and shows more gameplay.

https://twitter.com/personasama/status/1404848476756660225

Hang on do you get to have a demon buddy follow you around?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

After seeing the Japanese trailer I'm feeling a lot better about the sense of place. Making the US trailer just Vortex World 2.0 seems very strange now

Not really, smt 3 hd remaster literally just came out.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It looks like unique spells get a special animated which is cool as hell.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The bespoke spell animations look fantastic yeah. And the main song used in the JP trailer is a jam. There's just a lot to be pleased about

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I can't find the video that I saw about it, but the original Vortex build of Nocturne had a sort of system where you had a bar showing how many actions you could take, and hitting weakness's would extend it.

edit maybe this video

whys andross in that pic

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
That song from the Japanese trailer sounds kinda like Deicide from 4A.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cleretic posted:

So is the protagonist a woman, or just really pretty? I couldn't tell. I'm okay with it either way, I'm just not clear right now.

Still. Good heckin' job to SMTV for not only making one hell of an E3 showing, but also not even being the game with the longest time in development purgatory on Nintendo's E3 show floor. Out of all the names I expected to see today, Metroid Dread was the bottom of the list.

I think bishounen. There’s a screen of his transformed form shown from the front and it looks more like pecs than boobs.

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/MegaTenStruggle/status/1404859860068487170?s=20

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

I think bishounen. There’s a screen of his transformed form shown from the front and it looks more like pecs than boobs.

He looks cool as gently caress

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus

Snake Maze posted:

How so? I didn't see any inconsistencies but I wasn't watching the icons too closely.

Watching the trailer another couple times I think it might just be a modified press turn. The way she described it as extending your combo, the Turn Number, and the way they flash at different rates is loving with my brain.

Harrow posted:

He looks like Lucina, this is not a compliment

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Harrow posted:

:hai:

Also I want his hair.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Gaius Marius posted:

I will fight you :colbert:

I spam Marin Karin so watch tf out

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Gaius Marius posted:

edit maybe this video

That animation of Lilith from the Nocturne alpha in that video is really cool it's too bad they never used it in a real game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I see this as an opportunity.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

He has a laser hand and that means he's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

wait how does a short haired boy and a short haired demon fusing together result in a long haired demonboy