Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

EngineerJoe posted:

I really can't imagine corporations adequately maintaining thousands of sfh's. This feels like something that will either take down the corporations or we will end up with slums filled with dilapidated houses.

luxury slums filled with character homes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When capitalism profits off basic human needs we actually need to deny people those basic needs until capitalism is destroyed. No more house construction until there's no more greedy profit-seeking developers, no food production until big agricultural corporations are destroyed. Oh me? Well I've already secured a food source through intergenerational wealth, but I care deeply about the ethics of our food supply so I'm going to block any expansion of food production. Yes, I am extremely left wing and care deeply about people's material needs.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
That corp buys houses through private sales undercutting the local market then divides them into basement, main floor duplexes rented out at above market rates.

Ever get those flyers offering to buy your house for cash ( at two thirds market value)? Yeah thats how they're buying houses.

Calumanjaro
Nov 11, 2011

linoleum floors posted:

That corp buys houses through private sales undercutting the local market then divides them into basement, main floor duplexes rented out at above market rates.

Ever get those flyers offering to buy your house for cash ( at two thirds market value)? Yeah thats how they're buying houses.

A couple weeks ago, at 9:00pm on a Saturday, we were sitting in our front room watching the Leafs massively choke. And a white BMW with completely black-tinted windows and its high-beams on pulls up in our driveway. We just bought this house from a cop last year. So I'm sitting thinking, "we're about to get murdered". But it's some dumb loving realtor following up on her stupid "hand-written" letter asking to buy our house. Life gently caress off you dumb fucker.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Another Bill posted:

If memory serves, the number estimated out of the Truth and Reconciliation hearings was between 4,000-6,000.

e: This report says 3,200 http://www.trc.ca/assets/pdf/Volume_4_Missing_Children_English_Web.pdf

With 150ish residential schools operating in the country over the years I think that might be an underestimate.

I assume that report makes a stab at estimating the children who disappeared into the bush or drowned trying to escape places like Kuper Island leaving no graves. Not curious enough to actually read it though, I'm grumpy enough this morning already.

DariusLikewise posted:

As far as I know there’s no “new” bodies found here but rather people are trying to recognize the fact that 20 years ago the city sold the old residential school land to some rear end in a top hat that paved over everything with a RV park and conveniently everyone forgot about the part of deal where they said they would look for bodies before turning up the land and the plague marking the school was removed.

Brandon University and Sioux Valley First Nation were working together to get the land back and figure out where the school and the graves are but I don’t see any new information being reported on right now.

jfc. Meanwhile, in Victoria commercial re-development of St. Ann's Academy was blocked when they discovered dead nuns buried in the basement. They already knew about the ones buried in the orchard so that was going to be preserved, then the ones in the basement were discovered and whoopsie, nuns are sacred, no development profits for you. (Government Ministry of Ed offices would be o.k. with the nuns though, so that's cool.)

EngineerJoe posted:

I really can't imagine corporations adequately maintaining thousands of sfh's. This feels like something that will either take down the corporations or we will end up with slums filled with dilapidated houses.

¿por qué no los dos?

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Powershift posted:

luxury slums filled with character homes

company towns, but filtered through seventeen different layers of subsidiaries and shell corporations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the "no Itchy & Scratchy Money" scene except all the signs are stores rejecting each other's company scrip

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Former Green MP Jenica Atwin adjusts position on Israel after joining Liberal caucus.

An Opportunistic Fuckstick posted:

Jenica Atwin has adjusted her position on Israel to align with the governing Liberal party she joined just four days ago.
The Fredericton MP left the Greens on Thursday after openly criticizing party leader Annamie Paul's call for de-escalation of the recent deadly hostilities between Israel and Palestinians.
Atwin had said she stood with Palestine and maintained there were "no two sides to this conflict, only human rights abuses" by Israel, which she accused of pursuing a policy of apartheid.
But Atwin now says her words were intended to "send strength and love" to people in need of support.
She says she recognizes that both Palestinians and Israelis have suffered and regrets if her choice of words caused harm to people who are suffering.
She says she's looking forward to working with her new Liberal colleagues of all faiths to continue supporting peace and a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Craven rear end in a top hat.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:lmao: wow

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Jesus, I now suffer from whiplash. Well, it nice for a little bit of time to have an MP that I thought I could believe in to not just be another piece of a big machine; that one is on me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Flipping the message like this really just frames her defection as "I'm upset I was called a bigot" rather than any actual moral stand.

In other poo poo news Fuckface Ford successfully passed the unconstitutional legislation on campaign spending with his notwithstanding clause fuckery.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 14, 2021

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

eXXon posted:

I'd call her a craven opportunist, but

Well, no need for if, ands or buts anymore!

Arcsquad12 posted:

In other poo poo news Fuckface Ford successfully passed the unconstitutional legislation on campaign spending with his notwithstanding clause fuckery.

Oh man, the CBC article on this has quotes from the finest people:

quote:

Government house Leader Paul Calandra repeated the attorney general's arguments on Monday, saying the amendments were necessary to protect the elections.

"[The opposition] want a system where there are no rules," Calandra said. "We insist that elections be done fairly."

I didn't know that that rat-faced Harperite shitweasel Calandra had burrowed his way into provincial politics. No sense of shame on these -

quote:

The head of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA) said Monday was "a day of infamy for Canada's constitution."

"The election gag law in question aids the incumbent government's re-election bid in 2022 by limiting political voices
for the imminent election cycle," Michael Bryant said in statement.

I'm not sure I even knew that there was a Canadian ACLU knock-off, but did they really need to hire a director who's famous for writing a book on how he killed a guy and totally was not guilty of anything?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
That heel turn was definitely coming since the grits' position on Palestine is so much worse than the greens, but wow I figured she'd wait till the actual election campaign not immediately!

Utterly shameless, but in a way it proves she's a perfect fit for the libs lol

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Thanks to the population of Morden and Winkler being dumbfucks, they've opened up their vaccine supersite to walk-ins for second Moderna doses if it's been 28 days since your first shot. I'm guessing nobody local is going in and they want to get their supply used up. I'm gonna head over there in the next day or two since it sounds like they'll be accepting walk-ins all week.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Thanks to the population of Morden and Winkler being dumbfucks, they've opened up their vaccine supersite to walk-ins for second Moderna doses if it's been 28 days since your first shot. I'm guessing nobody local is going in and they want to get their supply used up. I'm gonna head over there in the next day or two since it sounds like they'll be accepting walk-ins all week.

Oh yeah, I assumed being heavily anti-vax would be a thing in Winkler etc.
We're going to be in a situation where general vaccine uptake is like 85-90% but having small areas below 50%. They're going to end up killing their friends and family.

Holy poo poo I actually just checked quickly, Winkler is actually under 25% first dose and the surrounding rural township is under 11%. And that's adults only.
They're going to be keeping their own local waves of covid-19 going for quite a while still, christ.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm honestly wondering if we can quarantine Winkler until they actually get vaccinated. Sadly I don't think we can do it for the surrounding area, but what's the population of the surrounding area vs the population of Winkler itself?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Randalor posted:

I'm honestly wondering if we can quarantine Winkler until they actually get vaccinated. Sadly I don't think we can do it for the surrounding area, but what's the population of the surrounding area vs the population of Winkler itself?

Start a false flag op to get people from Winkler to put anti-vax/corona isn't real poo poo on their cars

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm pretty sure Manitoba's bible belt is the exact reason why the "Manitoba Summer of Re-opening" plan is set at 80% first dose for the final step even though we are at 71% already.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://mobile.twitter.com/CANADALAND/status/1404821851457589252

:fuckoff:

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Fidelitious posted:

They're going to end up killing their friends and family.

Yes but you see that will really stick it to Trudeau.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh no, where am I going to get lovely hot takes from now, literally every other columnist at the Sun and also every other major Canadian newspaper?

https://twitter.com/torontowil/status/1404824964541337600

One tough women indeed.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Our friends have already banned someone and his family from their wedding and also coming out when they rent a cabin this summer. gently caress em. You don't believe? Then you don't get to do gently caress all! So the wife of this person will go to her best friends wedding without husband. And they still aren't embarrassed by it.

I see their mom posting all this poo poo on FB like Fauci is Satan in disguise (cause he did a hand gesture similar to the Satan imagery) and "Imagine telling me 5 years ago I didnt take a trial with 98% survival" - gently caress offffffffffffffffffffffff. Their whole family can gently caress off.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oh man I should really get married soon so I can not invite my dad's insane family and have a reason other than "I can't loving stand you assholes". Cause I was never inviting them anyway.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wow, SAL and Joe Warmington in the same year. Must be rough at the Toronto Sun.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol Greens are starting a No Confidence vote on Annamie Paul

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLsddzXOUjY

quote:

Oil companies routinely build pipelines through Indigenous lands, often destroying sacred sites. How do non-natives feel when the shoe is on the other foot?

In this gonzo reality hack, Gitz Crazyboy and Tito Ybarra act as the Indigenous Pipeline Council, a Native-owned pipeline company that has been "granted the right" to run their pipeline through residential Duluth, MN. Watch the tragically real comedy unfold as Minnesota residents learn what is going to happen to their own sacred sites: a golf course, a graveyard, and even downtown .

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Why does the Green Party even exist?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lmao going from the apparently too-woke conservative journalism racket to performing arts is certainly a choice.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

loving

perfect

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

DariusLikewise posted:

It's the party for people who want more preservation of natural areas, while avoiding any changes to the social order, so that they can maximize their access to said areas.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Holy gently caress I love this so much

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Something something correlation causation

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

DariusLikewise posted:

Do you think capitalism and the status quo is actually incredibly good but wish, as an upper middle class to rich person you got even more handouts and tax breaks from the government? Well boy do I have a party for you. Everything will stay exactly the same but the government will give you huge rebates on luxury "green" purchases like your new electric SUV or the solar system you installed on your 5 br vacation cabin. Don't worry, they won't blow your taxes on any of that lefty green poo poo like transit or bike lanes, your consumption and lifestyle can remain exactly the same but you can feel so so green and good.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

eXXon posted:

Oh no, where am I going to get lovely hot takes from now, literally every other columnist at the Sun and also every other major Canadian newspaper?

https://twitter.com/torontowil/status/1404824964541337600

One tough women indeed.

https://twitter.com/JoshMatlow/status/1404835926627471360

fuckin lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lmaooooooo

i hate when upper-class queers talk up being conservative and attacked by the woke youth etc. like it wasn't that long ago the party you like to laud up wanted you in institutions (if you were lucky and not just raped and murdered). i mean she was a megaracist troll anyway so no surprise, but.

this acting thing should be good, she'll fall flat on her face i'm sure.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Willatron posted:

Holy gently caress I love this so much

:discourse:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mediaphage posted:

lmaooooooo

i hate when upper-class queers talk up being conservative and attacked by the woke youth etc. like it wasn't that long ago the party you like to laud up wanted you in institutions (if you were lucky and not just raped and murdered). i mean she was a megaracist troll anyway so no surprise, but.

this acting thing should be good, she'll fall flat on her face i'm sure.

She's been using her sexual orientation as a shield for publishing some truly vile poo poo for years.

gently caress her.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

infernal machines posted:

She's been using her sexual orientation as a shield for publishing some truly vile poo poo for years.

gently caress her.

yeah it's frustrating because it also provides more ammunition for other assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao at people calling for :decorum: in response to Matlow’s tweet