Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I was pretty disappointed when the Advance Wars announcement turned out to be nothing but SMT5 and Metroid look great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
"you only control your actions, not the actions of your party members"

"fighting using this rock-paper-scissors style attacks"

oh, so the game's bad, okay. good to know

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kliras posted:

I wonder what the big Switch Pro bundle game is if BOTW2 is still far away.
a unicorn, since neither exist

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

kliras posted:

I wonder what the big Switch Pro bundle game is if BOTW2 is still far away.

At this point Nintendo should just skip the Switch Pro and release the Switch 2 nine months later than the initial planned launch.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I really like the look of the riders game. And I'm going to ride the coolest and cutest mons

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

RBA Starblade posted:

lol

Which company got owned?

It was a smaller game, like not indie but not really a big name either, can't remember it I just remember reading it on Twitter and laughing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eraflure posted:

I was pretty disappointed when the Advance Wars announcement turned out to be nothing but SMT5 and Metroid look great

I wouldn't say that about Advance Wars, they were complete remakes. The new art style looks pretty nice.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ryanbomber posted:

"Skynet vs Day9" skit

don't bring something like this up if you're not going to provide a link

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Well then.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah a remake is definitely not 'nothing'. The original games were so long ago they'll basically be new experiences to most people.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Khanstant posted:

don't bring something like this up if you're not going to provide a link

The PC Gamer Show, spread throughout the whole thing. It was pretty bad.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The robot has been a recurring character in the pc gaming show if memory serves. So it's your lucky day, there is lots of day9 and robot content for you to enjoy

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

You could really break the game with CO powers in dual strike.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Please brush up on your PC Gaming Show lore before you come at the king, scrubs.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My takeaway from the PC gaming show is that PC gamers love Mechwarrior 5

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Eraflure posted:

Uh advance wars is the first 2 games remade, how is that nothing lol

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So who had the better conference: Microsoft or Nintendo?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

treehouse has spent like an hour on monster hunter stories 2 lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

My takeaway from the PC gaming show is that PC gamers love Mechwarrior 5

That's the thing, they don't at all. MW5 sucked.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

treehouse has spent like an hour on monster hunter stories 2 lol

And it looks rad!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Nintendo because I watched all of Microsoft but can't actually remember anything from it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Nintendo. It was not even close

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

Nintendo because I watched all of Microsoft but can't actually remember anything from it.

Nintendo actually has games coming out this year too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SettingSun posted:

And it looks rad!
yeah it looks fine. the demo unfortunately comes out the day before my trip, so i will probably miss out on it unless it's gonna stick around after launch

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Babe Magnet posted:

I hope you're ready for that cool Legend of Zelda game and watch because they are all going to be bought by One Dude and scalped for 5x the price

Maybe for the first month or so at the most, you can still pick up a Super Mario G&W pretty much anywhere

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Don't forget, yall

2:25pm - Bandai Namco Presents: House of Ashes

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Don't forget, yall

2:25pm - Bandai Namco Presents: House of Ashes
God the first two of those games sucked and had the same twist, essentially

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Uh advance wars is the first 2 games remade, how is that nothing lol

Doesn't seem like they're doing anything besides making the graphics and music worse? They are great games, but if you wanted to play them again right now you could do it on your computer, browser, or phone pretty trivially. Cool combo option for new players who can't be bothered or don't know the series at all. I don't generally look to pay a premium to play worse versions of a game I can play the better version for free. (or old cart but cmon not digging out a gba in 2021)

I said come in! posted:

That's the thing, they don't at all. MW5 sucked.

Seems it's changed a lot, but a lot of battletech heads are still extremely bitter about it. to be frank as far as i can tell, most of the complaints are for people who have a really specific idea of what they want the game to be and how they want all the meta poo poo to function. idk, ive had a hard time trying to glean whatever the gently caress issues they have with it and i usually have more issues with what it sounds like theyre wanting than what ive experienced so far. granted, only played a few hours over a few days but the part where you get in a mech to blow up the stuff is dope. get the feeling the game is dope if you want to smash stuff in a big o gundam and horrible if you want some paragraphs my eyes glaze over

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Dear bamco, present a new ace combat or go to hell

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Seems it's changed a lot, but a lot of battletech heads are still extremely bitter about it. to be frank as far as i can tell, most of the complaints are for people who have a really specific idea of what they want the game to be and how they want all the meta poo poo to function. idk, ive had a hard time trying to glean whatever the gently caress issues they have with it and i usually have more issues with what it sounds like theyre wanting than what ive experienced so far. granted, only played a few hours over a few days but the part where you get in a mech to blow up the stuff is dope. get the feeling the game is dope if you want to smash stuff in a big o gundam and horrible if you want some paragraphs my eyes glaze over

The game does things like spawn AI out of thin air. The campaign is just padded with a lot of pointless busy work and grinding, and the story and voice acting are really bad and boring.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Babe Magnet posted:

A MK character is extremely unlikely but it's getting more likely every reveal. MK is very quickly becoming the last big classic fighting game franchise not in Smash lol

If we're getting anyone for Smash though it'd have to be Johnny. You cannot pass up the chance to nut-shot Sephiroth

MK itself has become "DC Comics and '80s Action/Horror Movie Superstars" itself

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
if the advance wars remake sells well it's likely enough they'll make a new one

i was really not expecting the rumoured metroid 5 to be metroid dread for real, or for it to look so good from the same team as samus returns!!!! wow

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

No Mods No Masters posted:

Dear bamco, present a new ace combat or go to hell

:yeah:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Dear bamco, present a new ace combat or go dance with the angels

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Is there any hype for Bandai-Namco? I'm not even expecting them to announce a game for 2022 given this E3 track record.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The event is literally being announced as "This is entirely about the Dark Pictures Anthology game, House of Ashes"

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

stev posted:

Only thing I remembered from Microsoft is Psychonauts 2 coming out in August

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The only real WTF thing out of this Nintendo Direct is that this Mario Party Superstars thing appears to be a standalone game rather than DLC for Super Mario Party, despite looking like it should be DLC for Super Mario Party

like didn't they already do the "Top 100 Minigames" thing in a standalone 3DS game already

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Here's what happened during E3:

https://twitter.com/TiffanyMayCry/status/1404877455442296837

https://twitter.com/CuratorOfSands/status/1404837716756402179

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Gonna need to see the methodology behind choosing the top 100 minigames before I can sign off on that project in the least bit