Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sometimes you make a burger from minced beef shaped into pucks and marinated them in a slurry of onion powder, garlic powder, and a home-made tomato ketchup just consisting of tomatoes boiled to a pulp in their own juice, and a splash of vinegar and paprika yesterday, along with some cheese slices, pickled cucumber, and brioche buns, and the images you take are blurry because you're not quite familiar with new (used) camera equipment yet. :sigh:

It tasted fantastic, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Sometimes you make a burger from minced beef shaped into pucks and marinated them in a slurry of onion powder, garlic powder, and a home-made tomato ketchup just consisting of tomatoes boiled to a pulp in their own juice, and a splash of vinegar and paprika yesterday, along with some cheese slices, pickled cucumber, and brioche buns, and the images you take are blurry because you're not quite familiar with new (used) camera equipment yet. :sigh:

It tasted fantastic, though.
Burgers don't have to be seen to be delicious. That sounds really nice. I'm liking the photo I have of it in my imagination.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sloppy mini burgers with kebab'd beef, gouda and cheese slices, and garlic dressing.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That sounds really good! Gonna try that, though I'll add some raw onions as I love kebab with onions.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I made a triple onion cheeseburger the other day

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Finally someone makes a burger with almost enough onions on it.

It is magnificent.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
nice burg :captainpop:

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Hangover double smash

qutius fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 5, 2021

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

qutius posted:

Hangover double smash
Looks suspiciously like a smashburger I just tried in Portland earlier today.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Wolfy posted:

Looks suspiciously like a smashburger I just tried in Portland earlier today.

My favorite in town right now. So good!

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
Where’s that? I’m always looking for a tasty smashburg

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

yoohoo posted:

Where’s that? I’m always looking for a tasty smashburg

Midcity Smash Burger

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Also, two more smash burg carts popped up called Monster Smash and Yes Please Smash Burgers. They both look pretty good but I haven't had the opportunity to try them.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

qutius posted:

Hangover double smash

I'm horny for maillard reactions

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

Wolfy posted:

Also, two more smash burg carts popped up called Monster Smash and Yes Please Smash Burgers. They both look pretty good but I haven't had the opportunity to try them.

Cool I just went to Monster Smash and it is smashed deliciousness. Would smash their burger again.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I hope they offer a side of Graveyard Hash.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sounds positively goulash!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Dramatika posted:

I made a triple onion cheeseburger the other day

That looks fantastic holy poo poo.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 7, 2021

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Hello I would eat that

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
I see we're talking about onions. Here's a smash burger that I made similar to an Oklahoma fried onion burger but I also made some onion rings to put on top.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oooh, what's the recipe for the batter for the onion rings? They (and the whole burg) look awesome.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

tuo posted:

Oooh, what's the recipe for the batter for the onion rings? They (and the whole burg) look awesome.

Thanks!

I've posted it here:
https://boundedbybuns.com/recipes/r/fried-onion-rings

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Big, fat and juicy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbfsckxsRV0

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Gonna say it. No thank you.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I think I'm pretty much done with fat pub burgers.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Same. I didn't know about smashburgers until I saw this thread, and burgertime basically meant "make a fat patty because someone got you a patty press as a present once" which I got tired off. Now, smashburger all the way for me, but of course it's up to everyones taste. But I enjoy the thinner, crispy patties way more now.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know this is the thread where all burgers are beautiful and we shouldn't burg shame, but those fat burgers can go to hell. A giant wad of ground beef that you can barely get your mouth around is not good eating. Gimme a double smash burg with the works and I'm a happy man.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I want a meatball sub

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

What about sausage patties in oven bottom muffins?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Woah this is a thirst trap on a whole new level. Get in my belly.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004

Ultimate Mango posted:

Woah this is a thirst trap on a whole new level. Get in my belly.

I was ready to shame but now I'm just hungry. This looks fuckin great.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

loving would

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Perscriptivists, ITC. :mad:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

As one who has posted sausage in this thread before, I am in no position to complain, also would would would to the loving face gimme they sausages

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im going to be the brave one to say: I would eat the big rear end juicy burger. and i would put all sorts of condiments on it too. unhinge my jaw like a snake and just go to town

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
I, too, would enjoy that burg

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

im going to be the brave one to say: I would eat the big rear end juicy burger. and i would put all sorts of condiments on it too. unhinge my jaw like a snake and just go to town

:same: I don't prefer a thicc burger, but I've had some really good bigass burgs from restaurants that actually pay attention to grinding their own meat and cooking it properly.

Randomass honkin guy from a sports bar or a backyard cookout? Ehhh, not so much.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

They're fine - I'll eat most any burger given to me. But I think those thick burgers with their special blends are trying to make something like a steak burger (which makes sense since a lot of these places are usually steakhouses are trying to turn their trimmings into profits) which I've never felt like is what a burger should be billed as. It's a cheap item with an easy build that's getting a mythology built up around it so they can charge more.

At best, it is something a little different. Depending on what blend you get something a little more minerally, maybe a little fattier etc. I haven't found anything that can compete, flavor wise, with something that's just salted well and is mostly crust.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Big burgs need love too, but most of them aren't good and just fetishize the meat without cooking it well (like all American things). The thickest a burgor should be is probably 3/4 of an inch. If you don't overmix your ground beef you can get a patty that's basically held together by its crust with loads of fat inside that absolutely melts. It's the ideal grilled burger since without a flat cooking surface it's harder to get a good crust, so you've got time to render the interior fat of a thick boy. I definitely prefer smashed patties and think they're way easier/faster to cook, but thick hammies can be very good.

Bacon is a terrible burger topping and overpowers everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
The single best cheeseburger I’ve ever had is a chunky boy, but it’s loving perfect. Any NYC goons need to grab the Sebastian’s steakhouse burger from Brindle Room asap. I actually don’t even know if they’re still open after Covid but it’s hands down the best burger I’ve ever had. It’s a perfectly cooked hockey puck topped with American cheese and caramelized onions and that’s it.

But other than that it’s smashburgs all the way.