Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
N00b question: when a defender gets a little poke on a shot that alters its trajectory does that count as a block?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Even when the East is good it still ends up being bad

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

N00b question: when a defender gets a little poke on a shot that alters its trajectory does that count as a block?

No, defense is actually illegal now in biden's america. This would be called as goaltending.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

hifi posted:

embiid probably just gets the meniscus trim right? he's going to be getting microfracture surgery before he's 30

he sucks OP

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

doesn't long term prognosis for the trim suck

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Probably, but who cares just get a tkr at that point you're not playing basketball anymore when you're old man 35 years old.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

harden needs to hang out with strippers and stuff himself for the second half

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
harden confirmed as a bigtime fraud who just got his first field goal after 27 minutes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like James :shobon:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the nets played better in this series when harden was injured

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

vyelkin posted:

the nets played better in this series when harden was injured

he's still injured

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

My understanding is that if it alters the shot enough to be noticeable, yeah they'll call it a block but it's a judgment call by the scorers.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

jesus durant's numbers today

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

LMAO HARDEN WENT UP AND DOWN FOR A 3 TRYING TO DRAW A FOUL, AND THEN DIDN'T GET FOUL AND TRIED TO CALL A TIMEOUT

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it turns out it doesn't matter if harden is dead weight when you can just have godlike KD play all 48 minutes

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

DURANT HOLY gently caress

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

okay i didn't watch this game earlier, jeff green just saved the game and has 27 points?!?!?!?!

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 16, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

jesus budenholzer is a moron. didn't use a timeout and just let giannis get fouled down 4

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

jesus budenholzer is a moron. didn't use a timeout and just let giannis get fouled down 4

Bud!

also Durant is still loving amazing good lord

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

durant made the nba great again

credit to harden for playing 46 minutes with a strained hamstring and getting 8 assists too. even played tight defense against giannis for a split second there

lol bucks

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I will always insist that the Raptors could have beaten a fully healthy 2019 warriors in the finals regardless of any facts or arguments presented to me but the 12 minutes or so Durant played in Game 5 were terrifying.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

durant made the nba great again

credit to harden for playing 46 minutes with a strained hamstring and getting 8 assists too. even played tight defense against giannis for a split second there

lol bucks

Honestly the Nets might have been better off resting Harden, particularly since he went what, 1/10? But he does deserve credit for playing injured and gutting it out until the end.

Also, Jeff Green went 7/8 from three somehow.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the spirit of god lives in Durant

even if he’s only a shadow of his old self on defense

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

the spirit of god lives in Durant

even if he’s only a shadow of his old self on defense

3 steals and 2 blocks tonight

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Harden's biggest contribution was dribbling like an idiot for 20 seconds then getting trapped and shoving a desperate last-second pass to KD so he can drain an iconic three

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I like when Durant passed the ball to the back of Harden's head in the first quarter.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Honestly the Nets might have been better off resting Harden, particularly since he went what, 1/10? But he does deserve credit for playing injured and gutting it out until the end.

Also, Jeff Green went 7/8 from three somehow.

having an actual point guard will do that in the absence of dinwiddie and kyrie. nets +4 with harden in there despite him being 1/10 and -2 without. not gonna get such great looks from green with shamet or mike james in there

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

just checked the assist numbers. last two games were 15/7 and 20/17 in terms of assist/to ratio. today with harden and durant getting dimes and moving the ball around they were 27/9

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

having an actual point guard will do that in the absence of dinwiddie and kyrie. nets +4 with harden in there despite him being 1/10 and -2 without. not gonna get such great looks from green with shamet or mike james in there

Well when you play essentially the entire game and your team wins you're going to post a plus figure. If someone told me that Harden would start, play over 45 minutes, and put up exactly five points, I would generally assume the worst. KD carried hard.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

yeah ofc you actually have to hit shots in order for assists to register and durant/green did that in droves. but also hard to get any good looks if you have essentially zero guard play which is part of why the clippers struggle so much at times. nets would have been doomed if both harden and kyrie were out imo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

just checked the assist numbers. last two games were 15/7 and 20/17 in terms of assist/to ratio. today with harden and durant getting dimes and moving the ball around they were 27/9

Harden had 8 assists and 4 turnovers, including a pretty boneheaded one in the closing minutes. He wasn't useless, but he looked like a shell of himself.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Also at least a couple of his assists were basically just wasting time and eventually handing the ball to KD, who just shot over his defenders

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
at least Giannis played more than 38 minutes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dreylad posted:

at least Giannis played more than 38 minutes.

Do the Bucks win this if he goes all 48 like KD?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i think regardless of the raw assist totals having guards also just means more ball movement which is much harder to quantify. the team assist/to (as opposed to individual, but harden's 2/1 ratio wasn't exactly bad) numbers are the best evidence we have of that imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

even a hobbled Harden just being on the floor is gonna create space other guys wouldn’t

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Harden's biggest contribution was dribbling like an idiot for 20 seconds then getting trapped and shoving a desperate last-second pass to KD so he can drain an iconic three

the corpse of james harden sitting in the corner/wing is better than anybody else the nets could give those minutes to. honestly it was the other side of the floor i expected to be a problem considering he literally couldn't run, but the bucks refused to target him and force nash to sit him

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/1404997112987885570?s=20

https://twitter.com/UltraWeedHater/status/1405008620429918209?s=20

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/1405015270939373571?s=20

https://twitter.com/UltraWeedHater/status/1405020933681786883?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

some sort of fish posted:

the corpse of james harden sitting in the corner/wing is better than anybody else the nets could give those minutes to. honestly it was the other side of the floor i expected to be a problem considering he literally couldn't run, but the bucks refused to target him and force nash to sit him

That part was particularly perplexing. Even Giannis was treating Harden with deference when he should have been blowing by him every single possession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

That part was particularly perplexing. Even Giannis was treating Harden with deference when he should have been blowing by him every single possession.

the whole thing is extremely weird, because it fits into the dumbass iso offense they keep regressing into. but when they do iso him, its poo poo like this

https://streamable.com/42sp34

the man literally cannot run! if you're gonna iso him why the gently caress are you posting him up instead of dragging him to the top of the key?! if cp3 was in this game he'd have iso'd harden literally every play until Nash pulled him. the bucks don't have cp3, but middleton and jrue can still cook a man who can barely jog up and down the court.