Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

.... is japan not hosting this year?

not those olympics the other olympics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/timesofindia/status/1404902503842344961

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

i am not crazy, i am just ahead of the curve - trump

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reuters/status/1404418366438248453

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
when you genocide a people, their population increases. that's just science -d&d

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

god drat that seems so loving exhausting

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

look the guy died doing his part to fight genocide hes clearly a national hero

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

indigi posted:

god drat that seems so loving exhausting

he gets an instant level 3 sanity break event every year

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Birthrate goes down, can't explain that.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

that’s 38 more wives than ive got

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

youre never going to stop genocide with that attitude

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Twenty-eight Chinese air force aircraft, including fighters and nuclear-capable bombers, entered Taiwan's air defense identification zone (ADIZ) on Tuesday, June 15, the island's government said, the largest reported incursion to date.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not the case that the ADIZ is simply a zone within which a plane is intended to declare its presence for the purposes of national defense, and by itself does not represent any kind of violation of borders or sovereignty?

like, wikipedia says:

quote:

They may extend beyond a country's territory to give the country more time to respond to possibly hostile aircraft.[2] The concept of an ADIZ is not defined in any international treaty and is not regulated by any international body.

because if true, then crossing into an ADIZ doesn't mean anything unless you want to insist that it does

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

im as willing to deny genocide as the next guy but idk if caring about the census numbers is a great strategy, ive seen many zionists using the gazan population numbers the same way

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

If I have a 100-room apartment-house, I want a few dozen wives too.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

im as willing to deny genocide as the next guy but idk if caring about the census numbers is a great strategy, ive seen many zionists using the gazan population numbers the same way

the zionist argument is that Israel is not committing a genocide on Palestinians because the birth rate is/remains higher than Israel's, which is different from citing that the Uighur population has increased year-on-year

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

.... is japan not hosting this year?

They are, and China is hosting the 2022 Summer Olympics. Japan got bumped back a year.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

it’s at least not in Beijing again is it?

e: gently caress it is, lol

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not the case that the ADIZ is simply a zone within which a plane is intended to declare its presence for the purposes of national defense, and by itself does not represent any kind of violation of borders or sovereignty?

like, wikipedia says:

because if true, then crossing into an ADIZ doesn't mean anything unless you want to insist that it does

Well, the ADIZ is basically unofficial air aera which powerful nations draw and require civilian airplanes respect and report. And commercial airliners do follow the rules. However there are portions within ADIZ that other countries military planes respect and follow.

For example, Taiwan ADIZ extend into China's airspace, literally on top of Chinese land. However, the unspoken midline between Taiwan and mainland was the portion the Chinese military respected. I think they started going over the midline since summer last year.

The thing about ADIZ is that you can draw whatever you want around you, but you have to be able to enforce it. Taiwan nowadays simply doesn't have the hardware and manpower to enforce their ADIZ. This is also the reason China has declared ADIZ on the East China Sea near Japan but has not declared the ADIZ over South China Sea.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

the zionist argument is that Israel is not committing a genocide on Palestinians because the birth rate is/remains higher than Israel's, which is different from citing that the Uighur population has increased year-on-year

i've definitely seen zionists bring up the population numbers. and its also true that it has grown, which is why i think its a meaningless figure in both cases.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i just want to laugh at goons thinking the cccp is making uighurs into soylent green instead of doing some wacky retarded supersized boarding school/prison labor setup.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
kill the uighur, save the han

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/observingjapan/status/1404653750170624005

ive mentioned it elsewhere but it always bears repeating that the notion of the japanese as being an irrepressible warrior race is complete horseshit world war two turned them hard antiwar and its absolutely criminal how people think the whole no real army thing is something america forced on them and not something they had to fight for because we really wanted them to rearm and be a team player against the ruskies

related, there's this article which outlines the origin of bushido and how it was some japanese christian's attempt to sell japan as "white" to the west. samurai and bushido was meant to be analogous to knights and the chilvaric code and though reception was good in the west, people in japan thought it was bullshit. it wasn't until imperial japan needed it to self-mythologize the way so many fascist nations do did it gain internal recognition and support.

https://www.tofugu.com/japan/bushido/

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it’s at least not in Beijing again is it?

e: gently caress it is, lol

Evil seeseepees enabling more IOC corruption confirmed.

Also the meltdown of the Olympics in Japan is more entertaining than the actual event

Palladium has issued a correction as of 04:18 on Jun 16, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you guys can't convince me i am NOT going into the d&d china thread

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i've definitely seen zionists bring up the population numbers. and its also true that it has grown, which is why i think its a meaningless figure in both cases.

yah I often see the argument that “there’s more Palestinians now than there were when the ‘gEnOcIdE’ started”

(which to me puts it in that grey area between ethnic cleansing and genocide. it’s obviously evil whichever label you want to use I just don’t know how important it is to claim the latter over the former)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

xinjiang is absolutely being gentrified but no one likes to use that word because its not as scary sounding and its something we do all the time even in countries we dont directly control

like south korea is gentrified by american cultural norms too to an increasingly large extent such that north korean propaganda directly criticizes it and are just dismissed as cranks because ethnic culture like isnt real man everythings connected now

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
americans are doing cultural genoicde to south korea and kpop is their retaliatory strike

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
as we speak i am stacking 20 packs of that korean ramen goons love into my closet. its was frankly an incredible deal, and i'm glad to participate in the destruction of my own culture.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

mom dad arent you worried that by consuming the food of our former imperial masters we validate their cultural superiority

shut up and eat your ramen

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The Chadjeet meme is real folks.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1404871055320272897

isnt dementia grandpa supposed to have a summit with putin soon or something? not sure what putin's gonna get out of it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i swear it seems like it was just two days ago the press was calling biden the greatest president in the history of the country because the foreigners love him so much but ever since then its just been vague nonsense plans about nothing and awful bouts of dementia rambling so omnipresent they cant even edit them into something halfway coherent sounding

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

mila kunis posted:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1404871055320272897

isnt dementia grandpa supposed to have a summit with putin soon or something? not sure what putin's gonna get out of it

It'll go something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUsU1xyD0I

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

mila kunis posted:

probably some of the candy biden keeps in his pocket and a good laugh or two when he puts a flashlight under his chin when talking to hysterical american journalists later

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

laughing at the idea of China harvesting data to build their own super team of Olympic Monstars

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

putin's gonna transfer biden's photos to his new phone and open that darn pdf

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my taiwanese history is kind of shaky but wasnt the original immigrant population of taiwan so tiny they were almost immediately getting wedgied by the gigantic number of armed kmt refugees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

my taiwanese history is kind of shaky but wasnt the original immigrant population of taiwan so tiny they were almost immediately getting wedgied by the gigantic number of armed kmt refugees

taiwan also hasn't been "autonomous" for "centuries" by any reasonable definition of the word