Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

today's first matchup, FIN - RUS, looks to be potentially interesting as long as team Finland can delay the Russians long enough to achieve equitable peace terms

traditionally this encounter has been spectacular when done with hockey sticks or rifles

I think I'm rooting for the plucky country whose most notable exports includes indestructible phones and F1 drivers past due for retirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think turkey vs wales should be fun.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jippa posted:

I think turkey vs wales should be fun.

Bit of a mismatch, but if the Turkey just avoids water then it has the upper hand

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Splorange posted:

I think I'm rooting for the plucky country whose most notable exports includes indestructible phones and F1 drivers past due for retirement

c'mon lads, win one for valtteri

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I know this a protest song and how politicians get away with stuff but man it's a loving banger.... if you ignore all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJJyvNJxx-s

‎"Non togliermi il pallone e non ti disturbo più
sono un italiano medio, nel blu dipinto di blu"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/teams/players/1903428--marko-arnautovic/

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

For how long? Ffs

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Who the gently caress knows, the total lack of information is kind of funny

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1405137149612204032

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

lmao big Radja is finally self aware and it's good

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I didn’t realise Pogba had copied Ronald the thirsty little gently caress

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
E: huh, the NY Times had tweeted that Arnautovic has been suspended for Austria's next match, but they immediately deleted it

now they tweeted it again

https://twitter.com/NYTSports/status/1405141654483333120

trem_two fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 16, 2021

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Probably not official enough yet. I skipped that game because it sounded terrible, what did he actually do? Hold up a Greater Serbia flag or what

skasion fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 16, 2021

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bape Culture posted:

I didn’t realise Pogba had copied Ronald the thirsty little gently caress

ronald said "drink water" and coca cola lost $4bn off its share price

these are truly the last days

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

skasion posted:

Probably not official enough yet. I skipped that game because it sounded terrible, what did he actually do? Hold up a Greater Serbia flag or what

something along the lines of shouting "I'm loving your Albanian mother" with illustrative hand gestures at North Macedonian players right after scoring, and just not shutting up about it, like even while Alaba tried to physically close his mouth so he would stop he would just break free to keep yelling it at the other team

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

skasion posted:

post scoring went on a diatribe against the other team's player who is of albanian descent, some bad words used, followed up with the usual "I'm not a racist" social media post..

e: beaten by a better summary

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

ronald said "drink water" and coca cola lost $4bn off its share price

these are truly the last days

good lad ronald will end capitalism i guess, thanks CR7TM

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

*cracks open the Finlandia Vodka*

I guess I'm invested now.

Also, looks like the faustian deal Teemu Pukki signed with Norwich City, included the unfortunate clause of aging as gracefully as a desert dwelling meth addict

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Is it true Russia have a youth player in their squad who doesn't even have a team. Development player for the international side?!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Flayer posted:

Is it true Russia have a youth player in their squad who doesn't even have a team. Development player for the international side?!

No

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Come
On
You
Sami Hyypiäs

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Dzyuba drinks Novichok for breakfast and will deliver the ball into the net, violently

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Splorange posted:

today's first matchup, FIN - RUS, looks to be potentially interesting as long as team Finland can delay the Russians long enough to achieve equitable peace terms

traditionally this encounter has been spectacular when done with hockey sticks or rifles

The Russians seem to be the favorite but they have a history of letting Häyhä slip behind their lines

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Haha, yes!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lol russia is terrible

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:wow:

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Wtf is happening?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Nice.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Loving it

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
cool

and

good

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
:laffo:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
gently caress yes hahaha

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
boooooooooooooo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

yes

that is finnish

e: it's nae finnish

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ah, gently caress. Offside

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
var has killed the game

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Not nice.