Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I literally do not think I would ever equip the reward character card for finishing all the Season Three challenges, but that vehicle on vehicle one is not getting finished. Largely because there isn't a reliable game mode for vehicle on vehicle kills. I'm not wasting hours in the combined arms map waiting for fifteen minutes on Armada.

loving frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That Face/off mode without killstreaks on small maps is a blast and really fun. I think the SBMM is kicking in and it's putting me with my own sucky kind so I'm having some great matches too. Just unlocked AMP63 akimbo!

Also the MP5 is a monster even compared to the -74u for TTK it seems, I finished levelling up the 74 and switched to mp5 and holy cow it just kills so fast. Maybe easier to keep on target? Anyway I just use attachments to speed up sprint to fire and ADS and none of the bullet velocity etc and it is fantastic!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

priznat posted:

That Face/off mode without killstreaks on small maps is a blast and really fun. I think the SBMM is kicking in and it's putting me with my own sucky kind so I'm having some great matches too. Just unlocked AMP63 akimbo!

Also the MP5 is a monster even compared to the -74u for TTK it seems, I finished levelling up the 74 and switched to mp5 and holy cow it just kills so fast. Maybe easier to keep on target? Anyway I just use attachments to speed up sprint to fire and ADS and none of the bullet velocity etc and it is fantastic!

Oh man, there is a no killstreak mode? BRB, gonna only play that.

While it can be pretty fun to pop a big kill streak, some of them are drat near cheating in certain game modes. Also, the people already going on a twenty-streak suddenly getting controlled planes with three firing modes kinda sucks.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Oh man, there is a no killstreak mode? BRB, gonna only play that.

While it can be pretty fun to pop a big kill streak, some of them are drat near cheating in certain game modes. Also, the people already going on a twenty-streak suddenly getting controlled planes with three firing modes kinda sucks.

Yeah it is 6v6 Face off right above the fireteam one in the menu right now, it’s great. All very small maps though like icbm and mansion so killstreaks probably not very useful anyway!

Only a few quickscopers too, which is the worst goddamn mechanic and I hate it so much.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I'm confused, but in a positive way. You know that vehicle/scorestreak on vehicle/scorestreak kill challenge? I've not changed my score streaks in ages, using Spy Plane, Sentry Turret, and Artillery.

In the last two days, I've suddenly got three of those kills for the challenge. Has something been changed? I've not touched a vehicle. I've also not had a single point on this challenge all season, but suddenly have three in a short period. Any clues?

Bug Note - I discovered a bug the hard way tonight. If you play Outbreak, then directly skip to MultiPlayer, your team mates name plates will disappear unless you zoom in on them. It was loving confusing. Cycling the console fixed it and it's a "known bug being monitored" by the devs responsible for patches.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I am running out of operators with doable unlock missions so I was using Price '84 a bit, and god he makes the most horrific grunts when mantling stuff like an 80 year old man making GBS threads out a dessicated turd. It's quite offputting. Why does he sound so weird? I went back to Park and Woods.

Also I popped in to check out the new Runic Demise bundle and got some new cutscene, so I guess there is something happening in Warzone again?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Captain Log posted:

I'm confused, but in a positive way. You know that vehicle/scorestreak on vehicle/scorestreak kill challenge? I've not changed my score streaks in ages, using Spy Plane, Sentry Turret, and Artillery.

In the last two days, I've suddenly got three of those kills for the challenge. Has something been changed? I've not touched a vehicle. I've also not had a single point on this challenge all season, but suddenly have three in a short period. Any clues?

Bug Note - I discovered a bug the hard way tonight. If you play Outbreak, then directly skip to MultiPlayer, your team mates name plates will disappear unless you zoom in on them. It was loving confusing. Cycling the console fixed it and it's a "known bug being monitored" by the devs responsible for patches.

guessing you artillery'd enemy sentry turrets.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

funkmeister posted:

guessing you artillery'd enemy sentry turrets.

You've gotta be making GBS threads me, that works?

I got another point tonight after about two hours. If I somehow creep towards finishing that and finish an entire season, I'll be very happy and never equip the scorecard. :derptiel:

Question - In the process of forcing myself to snipe, I've been sticking to the Tundra. But I've unlocked all the other sniper rifles in doing so. Is the Tundra still the pinnacle sniper for someone who isn't good or running around?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

6v6 face off is fertile ground for hilarious sledgehammer chain kills

https://streamable.com/rn9j3f

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Captain Log posted:

You've gotta be making GBS threads me, that works?

You can also use air patrol to finish that challenge as well. I found this to be preferable to using the deathmachine on attack choppers and spy planes which was my original method.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

weg posted:

You can also use air patrol to finish that challenge as well. I found this to be preferable to using the deathmachine on attack choppers and spy planes which was my original method.

My God, thank you so much for this tip. Tonight, I went from four kills to eleven on this challenge.

Is there any reason to finish these challenges before the end of the season? Not sure if I need to do a marathon or two to knock out the final req.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Nah you can still do them later on if you’ve already finished the battle pass/200 prestiges. That’ll help you get along on the next season too!

I think I did most of my S1/2 challenges on S3 too, but as I’ve more aggressively pursued challenges on S3 barely anything is left of that lol.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Season four trailer:

https://youtu.be/5mSDOUjF0RU

That looks like a nailgun, neat. But the villains are getting kinda boring lol. How many masked villains do you really need?

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny
I'm just happy to see the G3 finally back, even if it is in the form of the inferior CETME

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
11 more long sniper headshots and I'll have all the challenges done. Remote Assistance was annoying at first but I got lucky one afternoon and knocked most if it out in one day.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

weg posted:

11 more long sniper headshots and I'll have all the challenges done. Remote Assistance was annoying at first but I got lucky one afternoon and knocked most if it out in one day.

Nine more vehicle/scorestreak on vehicle/scorestreak kills and I'm done.

gently caress that intercept 25 grenades with an enemies trophy system so hard.

Thank loving God you fine folks told me about that air support kill streak.

I've got all the pistols and LMGs maxed out. One away on assault rifles and shotguns. Two away on SMGs and Tac Rifles.

I've not maxed out a single sniper yet because gently caress that.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Hijacked is back. Wasn't that a MW2 DLC level?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’ve been using the mp5 and AK47 mostly in MP lately but on a whim tried out the FFAR and it is pretty great, actually! I like the blueprint in the S3 battlepass with the 38rd fast mags, you can reload very quick. Nice irons too with the glowy green dot at the tip.

Glad for a new BP next week, hope they have more vehicle tunes.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Prowler posted:

Hijacked is back. Wasn't that a MW2 DLC level?

BO2 I think, I remember calling it nukeboat

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

priznat posted:

I’ve been using the mp5 and AK47 mostly in MP lately but on a whim tried out the FFAR and it is pretty great, actually! I like the blueprint in the S3 battlepass with the 38rd fast mags, you can reload very quick. Nice irons too with the glowy green dot at the tip.

Glad for a new BP next week, hope they have more vehicle tunes.

Compared to everything else, the FFAR is my least favorite. But I'm a mid-range AR user who sometimes stretches into long shot range, so that's probably why.

I finished leveling the FFAR tonight. Which means I'm two SMGS and two tac rifles away from having all the primaries/secondaries leveled.

The weird thing? The one that I'm a night or two away from unlocking gold on is the RPD, and I literally put a gun down once it's leveled to go level another. I murder with that thing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Compared to everything else, the FFAR is my least favorite. But I'm a mid-range AR user who sometimes stretches into long shot range, so that's probably why.

I finished leveling the FFAR tonight. Which means I'm two SMGS and two tac rifles away from having all the primaries/secondaries leveled.

The weird thing? The one that I'm a night or two away from unlocking gold on is the RPD, and I literally put a gun down once it's leveled to go level another. I murder with that thing.

I've been trying to level a bit and was on HC MP and was just getting shwacked without seeing anyone repeatedly, like going 0-8 to start a match before finally getting a bit of a flow, brutal. I suspect zombies is probably the best way for non great players like myself to level guns.

Whenever there's someone on the loading screen with a diamond Tundra I know it's gonna be a bad time.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Finished season three challenges!

I really feel like that should earn more than an ugly character card.

Two more days and another onslaught of challenges to complete for video game reasons

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Got level 200 done but I left me some challenges almost finished so I can get a boost once the new season starts :grin:

Most importantly I look forward to the stupid daily challenges getting wiped so I have space for new feasible ones. That was a slog.

The auto pistol is fun!

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
I wish you could swap a daily challenge for another random one once a day, or failing that just delete ones you will never do.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Who is ready for the new season!? Anyone?! HMMM?!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Hell yea bring it, the new weapons look fun as heck. New SMG, new LMG, new melee, a nailgun? The ship level? Sign me the gently caress up.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

super ready, wish I could start it now
just one more day

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

At least the walkin n aiming animation while queuing up has a different background now!

I realized last nite what makes hardcore mode the best - almost no quickscoping because it is pointless.

I need an “oops” gesture for when I tk someone who runs in front of me tho :haw:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Did someone mention that you can level up weapons by soloing the zombie games? If so, is there a particular one that's best suited for it?

tjones
May 13, 2005
I play outbreak without the zombie/sp aim assist setting enabled to warm up for mp games and level up guns in the mean time. Shoot whatever until you get bored then exfil instead of going to level 2.

NOTE: If you solo queue into a 4 player match you'll get more XP per kill.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

Did someone mention that you can level up weapons by soloing the zombie games? If so, is there a particular one that's best suited for it?

Outbreak with double weapon xp once you hit the first flashlight for increased salvage drop (usually like level 10), bail out after world 3 because after that the xp per kill goes down. Focus on just killing every zombie you can.

You can go from 10 to 55 on a weapon in about 2 hours of playing, plus have a good amount of camos.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like the garish zombie camos better than the MP ones too.

Also from a spm perspective do folks find the giant tree guys worth it or nah? It does spawn a lot of mobs to shoot, but they are so spongey it takes a while and sometimes heals up despite me trying to shoot the healing zone and their glowy arm.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

I do the Orda last (sometimes after the objective if I'm close to getting next pack a punch/yadda) up to 3, maaaybe round 4, not after.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

funkmeister posted:

I do the Orda last (sometimes after the objective if I'm close to getting next pack a punch/yadda) up to 3, maaaybe round 4, not after.

Yeah I tackled one on round 5 and lol gently caress that never again. Took SO long even with a lvl 3 pack a punched legendary AR.

Kill streaks don’t do poo poo either. Gotta shoot the orange glowies when it shoots those out, everything else is pointless.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I wanted to give the new season a shot before bed but it was still 6 hours out so I decided to play one round and call it quits. Got Kill Confirmed on Subway and essentially took home a 4.86 KDR, one 10 kill streak thing from the last season challenge and a lot of long shots, five kill streaks and headshots for my CARV progression. All by plopping down with the thermal at the end of the tunnel, it was ridiculous but it ruled. We still lost :v:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Long shots on a kill confirmed is not playing the objective! :haw:

I am grinding out to get thermal on the stoner for maps such as that.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

My teammates could’ve done the legwork but no lol. One guy hunkered down and looked like he wanted to snag up my kills for me but everybody in the middle area was constantly getting toasted. There was one guy dashing back and forth towards me like the reporter from Generation Kill when they get attacked by a sniper. Needless to say he ate a bullet.

The funniest thing however was the play of the match, which was by me (duh) and showed me missing half of my shots and generally looking like I was trying to rock my rifle to sleep :v:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Trying to rush tags at the other end of subway would be suicide so I don’t blame em! :haw:

Best option on kill confirmed is melee weapons or a street sweeper with lots of using cover. I had a 7 killstreak with the machete on gameshow and it was glorious.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Hahaha yeah Gameshow and machete rules. I basically zip lined from enemy to enemy once, it was a glorious mess, but nowhere near 7 kills!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh man I hope it is just my graphics driver need an update and the system needs a reboot because that Hijacked map just runs like smashed rear end on my system, so slow it was brutal.

Also I was in the midst of chopping down an Orda on world 4 and Cod decided to just disconnect me so that was cool and fun. Mental note - never attack ordas.

E: oh I bet the poo poo performance was due to it having to compile shaders or whatever, after a reboot and loading in gotta do that bullshit.

priznat fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 17, 2021