Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
My favourite Destiny UI thing is when I level up mt seasonal thingy in the middle of a crucible match and I can't see half of my screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Firebert posted:

My favourite Destiny UI thing is when I level up mt seasonal thingy in the middle of a crucible match and I can't see half of my screen

hell yeah i love when my reticle gets covered up with a VICTORY or DEFEAT if im in the middle of a match still shooting people because thats a design decision

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Firebert posted:

Did you know it's time to reset your Valor?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

We were in a raid in a very tight dps window for killing atraks i think, and we got the Clan Level Up banner right in the middle of the last dps phase before enrage. It was extremely funny that we couldn't see our progress toward murdering the boss.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

VodeAndreas posted:

Did you know it's time to reset your Valor?

Ho boy. Coming back to this game after a year off and having to figure out how to reset that sure was interesting. I must’ve checked every single crucible option looking for the old button! Thanks shaxx!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’m surprised Quria is back. I thought Quria and savathun were responsible for the dreaming city curse? Now they’re here cursing the last city?

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m surprised Quria is back. I thought Quria and savathun were responsible for the dreaming city curse? Now they’re here cursing the last city?

Leading up to the next season!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mesadoram posted:

True, but still hilarious :unsmith:.

Weird to think that is the "optimal" layout for raiding.

It wasn't and isn't for many reasons, the first of which is that people had widescreen monitors in 2009

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Eej posted:

It wasn't and isn't for many reasons, the first of which is that people had widescreen monitors in 2009

I remember my clanmates showing me their screenshots and they looked similar to that (albeit much shitter resolution). I never used mods like that, mainly because I was a paladin and all I knew was the "Cleanse" key.

I guess that is a reason why I love to play as middle-tree fire warlock, support is just in my nature. I hope when/if they add more class customization they can add some buffing abilities in the game.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bideo James posted:

Leading up to the next season!
What's funny is this was supposed to be the last season before Witch Queen, and would have led perfectly into it.

Which means next season is going to completely break the narrative flow and probably be absolute dogshit since they had to pull it out of their rear end at the last minute.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What's funny is this was supposed to be the last season before Witch Queen, and would have led perfectly into it.

Which means next season is going to completely break the narrative flow and probably be absolute dogshit since they had to pull it out of their rear end at the last minute.

season of the confectioner

you have to rescue eva levante from the vex nexus (vexus?) because they... they need her cookie recipes? uh... they're having a paracausal... bake sale.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Are you confused? This is the third season of the four planned for year four.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Are you confused? This is the third season of the four planned for year four.
Yes. I was thinking about this article and it talking about the possibility of them having to add a bonus season, and somewhere my brain got convinced that another season had been added.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Savathun got you again!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

season of the confectioner

you have to rescue eva levante from the vex nexus (vexus?) because they... they need her cookie recipes? uh... they're having a paracausal... bake sale.

The season activity is the Great British Bake Off, but the judges are Saint 14, Ikora, and Mithrax

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bake bundt cake, or, you die, yes?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBA Starblade posted:

*Insect like noises*

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

aN oLd FRuITcAKe is hEre...

frOstinG aT haNd

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Alternatively: Cutthroat Kitchen, hosted by Drifter

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

SgtSteel91 posted:

The season activity is the Great British Bake Off, but the judges are Saint 14, Ikora, and Mithrax

This would unironically own.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

The PvE mode is a 6-light collection where you kill ads and bosses to assemble a meal. Each wave is a 'course'. Keep champions from sabotaging your meal, and score extra by sending in an invader to ruin their meals.

Crucible is a 'Capture the Ingredient' mode where an ingredient pops up on the map and your teams have to run to grab it and not die. The more it changes hands, the more 'tender' it becomes, rewarding pressure from an opposing team rather than camping spawn points.

Gambit is an Elimination mode: invasion kills have a longer respawn to hurt your team, and a wipe steals progress to add to your own collection. Primevals can grow stronger depending on how well your team is doing, allowing teams that are falling behind a better chance to steal it all away.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

When Mithrax says "The Vex mind lashes out with something like desperation", what does it lash out with?

My guess is that it sends 3 page text messages that start with "I'm not like other Vex".

Or, a highly curated Vexbook dating profile.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yes. I was thinking about this article and it talking about the possibility of them having to add a bonus season, and somewhere my brain got convinced that another season had been added.

Tassi’d again!

I seriously don’t think they’ll do a year 4 season 5, these kinds of things have to be planned out basically like a year in advance.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Pirate Jet posted:

Tassi’d again!

I seriously don’t think they’ll do a year 4 season 5, these kinds of things have to be planned out basically like a year in advance.

They delayed WQ _right_ at the point where it would be too late to start a new season. So... It's possible but the more I see from Bungie, the more I don't see it happening.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I really wish they’d dedicate a season to an Age of Triumph-style QOL-updates-only period, and this would be the perfect opportunity for that, but I doubt they’ll do it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm pretty sure we'll just have a Season where it's Year 5 but it's not Witch Queen, whatever that ends up meaning.

Like we get the equivalent of Wrathborn Hunts but we don't get the equivalent of Europa, Darkness subclass and DSC

It will not be popular

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Season of Montage Training

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Season of destiny influencers try battlefield

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

season of letting yourself be free from destiny

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rubellavator posted:

season of letting yourself be free from destiny

But I'm old and I don't like to learn new games!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I got 5 Corrupted Keys from 5 matches of crucible. Can I just keep doing Corrupted Expunges and opening that chest or am I limited to 3 a week?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I got 5 Corrupted Keys from 5 matches of crucible. Can I just keep doing Corrupted Expunges and opening that chest or am I limited to 3 a week?
you'll get regular armor and unaugmented splicer weapons and data

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ran a pug for the vex cata. Got it done in one go, now they just need to buff the thing

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/BungieStore/status/1405575901262143491?s=20

https://twitter.com/__Lento__/status/1405584043152973828
:laffo:

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 17, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Should have just made 1 nice custom jotunn looking one and auctioned it off for charity or whatever.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
shoulda made a jotunn toaster that sets your bread on fire and blasts it across the room

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Wow the devs sure are hip and cool I'm sure that organized reddit post from a year ago sure was funny I'm sure it wasn't a marketer just skimming the surface for sales

Lmao imagine if they didn't pay marketers and instead paid actual development

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Before you poo poo on the toaster too hard, remember that all of the money made from it is going to charity. This isn't bungie rubbing their hands together for greed and profit (for once).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm just bothered by how lovely that toast would be. I want uniform crispy throughout, not some sog-rear end piece of bread with central char pattern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

RocketRaygun posted:

Before you poo poo on the toaster too hard, remember that all of the money made from it is going to charity. This isn't bungie rubbing their hands together for greed and profit (for once).

Sure, fine charity but it's so much easier to just ask for donations and not pay a marketer 150k a year.