Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DariusLikewise posted:

jesse brown is having a normal one over cbc shutting down comments

https://twitter.com/JesseBrown/status/1404992497571467266

ok man i'm gonna stop you right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

not just "severe illness" which most of us take to mean simply bedridden, not needing supplemental oxygen/intubation etc.

I always took "severe illness" to mean "you need some kind of medical intervention beyond bed rest and fluids"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Randalor posted:

Well? Don't just leave us hanging (or making us actually go to CBC), what happened?

sorry we can't comment on CBC any more they shut it down

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

yup no more facebook comments means nobody can ever address a cbc journalist ever again by any means whatsoever, and also discussion about articles is now impossible

truly the cbc have murdered discourse forever

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

go eat a butter chicken poutine from the kings head and tell me that you dont want to donate money to keep them alive

It's just the place people too old for The Good Will Social Club and too young for High And Lonesome Club go to anyways

a shrinking demo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Web 2.0 was a mistake

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

DariusLikewise posted:

go eat a butter chicken poutine from the kings head and tell me that you dont want to donate money to keep them alive

Hmm sounds like classic cultural appropriation. Abolish the Empire, support one of the many actual good Indian restaurants in the city

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Hmm sounds like classic cultural appropriation. Abolish the Empire, support one of the many actual good Indian restaurants in the city

Somebody want to find an ice floe and float this turd out into the northwest passage

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Rutibex posted:

sorry we can't comment on CBC any more they shut it down

Oh, I thought it was something important. Just shitheads proving the point by example.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
one problem is even making people use their own names and photos to comment is that boomers are awful people and literally don’t care if you know they’re a racist/bigot

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

flakeloaf posted:

yup no more facebook comments means nobody can ever address a cbc journalist ever again by any means whatsoever, and also discussion about articles is now impossible

truly the cbc have murdered discourse forever

I've been told that this is literally censorship and 1984 come real.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I heard on Reddit (ya ya I know) that the Leila vaccination site was doing walk ins so I jumped on my bike and headed on over.

Turns out they don't open until 1pm. It's 1020 and there's already a line forming so if I leave the chances I get my 2nd dose drop significantly. So I'm sitting on the ground with my emotional support bicycle waiting.

At least I brought food water and a battery pack for my phone.

This is loving bullshit. I can't believe in order to get vaccinated in a timely fashion you gotta camp in line like you're trying to get concert tickets.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Someone I work with lied about their status to jump the queue and now they're posting about how they're "getting all emotional at their second shot" appointment. I sure hope so, you loving stole it from someone else you stupid white rear end in a top hat! :mad:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dawg I had to call a bunch of pharmacies and the only way I'm getting a vaccine is if one of them is about to expire. Literal garbage vaccine. Just be glad your eligible for one right now

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I did think it was kind of bullshit that for a while you could comment on stories except if they involved First Nations, Inuit, or Metis people. I think there were some other "sensitive" subjects that got the same treatment maybe too, or was that just on a case by case basis? If a news site supports comments then you should have the ability to argue pointlessly against idiots just like anyone else, not be prevented from having your take because racism against you is too hard for the CBC to deal with.

But yeah, I've been saying for a while either go one way or another with it and honestly this is probably the right way.

odiv has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Jun 16, 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It was always funny seeing "Comments are now closed for this story"- all too easy to imagine the exact kind of comments that got it shut down :allears:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:f5:'ed the Ontario vax portal and jumped on a single slot that someone cancelled that was up for a split second and moved my second dose from Aug 29 to this Tuesday. Two dose summer!!!!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If they allow comments they should have kept it all anonymous. There's no way I'd publicly yell at the retired boomer spouting racism if he could see my real name and then find my employer and harass me in real life because he's got nothing to lose.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

skewetoo posted:

:f5:'ed the Ontario vax portal and jumped on a single slot that someone cancelled that was up for a split second and moved my second dose from Aug 29 to this Tuesday. Two dose summer!!!!

how did you manage to do this? every time I put in my info it says “you will have to wait until august, shitheel” or something similar

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I qualify because I just turned 40 lol and live in a delta hotspot iirc

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

a primate posted:

how did you manage to do this? every time I put in my info it says “you will have to wait until august, shitheel” or something similar

Toronto thread mascot Pivo wrote a script that might help you out idk

Pivo posted:

Having trouble booking a vaccine close by?

It's OK I gotchu.

Just get to this page:

And run this by copy/pasting it into the Console of your browser's Web Developer Tools:
https://gist.github.com/nuzayets/df4259101c38f656522726983ab4c5d4

It's a React app, you ship the whole thing to the user these days. Their client is rudimentary but robust. Booked for July 3 just down the street aw yiss.

edit: Changed to a GitHub Gist link so people can comment. This one contains warnings about it booking automatically lol

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
There was no mention of a second dose appointment when I got my first two weeks ago and when I look at the Ontario vaccine portal it seems like it says you can’t even book one until 28 days after your first, but when I looked at it again more carefully today, apparently you can click through to book later… and apparently I already have an appointment booked for sept 21 that they didn’t tell me about.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ontario is a mess

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Entropic posted:

There was no mention of a second dose appointment when I got my first two weeks ago and when I look at the Ontario vaccine portal it seems like it says you can’t even book one until 28 days after your first, but when I looked at it again more carefully today, apparently you can click through to book later… and apparently I already have an appointment booked for sept 21 that they didn’t tell me about.

they should have told you, of course, but it's been sop to automatically schedule a second appointment 12-16 weeks out for months now

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Juul-Whip posted:

Ontario is a mess

Evergreen post

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
applies to the whole country too

and the rest of the world

basically everything's a loving mess

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lol apparently they're letting in 80 first dose recipients then a 2nd dose recipient and then 1 2nd dose for every 40 1st doses. I'm 2nd in line. Theres about 150 lined up for their first dose and at least 400 lined up for their 2nd.

Glad I stayed in line this is super dumb.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You can switch doses from Pfizer to Moderna now, online or by phone call.

Friends of mine did it and got their appointments from July 10 moved to June 20th, in Winnipeg.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I would rather chew my own feet off than moderate a CBC message board

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

angerbeet posted:

I would rather chew my own feet off than moderate a CBC message board

I would inevitably end up banning so many of the dipshit boomers that post that it might as well be effectively shut down.

People who have anything of value to say aren't spending their time in the comments sections of the news.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I would add that Jesse's point that reporters are looking in the comments section for immediate feedback is lunacy. You think any serious reporter is gonna have a change of mind based on that slur sandwich?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

People who have anything of value to say aren't spending their time in the comments sections of the news.

let's not throw stones here

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I can't remember what outlet it was, but I remember reading about someone who was expected to both moderate the comments section and engage with it on her own articles. As a female journalist covering something like video games, though it could have been general tech news. Those places run so lean and value "engagement" so much that it's probably not an common job component. Ugh.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

infernal machines posted:

let's not throw stones here

at least our dumb bullshit is mostly anonymous lol

seeing gram-gram with her full name, pictures, family, and home address available online posting about how minorities need to stop being so sensitive anytime Global News reports a hate-crime is wild.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
2nd dose in my veins now I can stream in HD on my phone!

There were about 800 people in the 2nd dose lime when I walked out.

Now just you watch tomorrow they're going to announce that mixing AZ and Pfizer eventually makes your head explode.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

appropriate deez nuts

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
The King's Head owns as a venue for Fringe because you can enjoy good food and drink while watching the show and it's going to suck if it folds and is replaced by something lovely.

Also

DariusLikewise posted:

appropriate deez nuts

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kings Head loving rules and is a goddamn legit pub. I’m missing watching Euro Cup there right now. glad their GoFundMe is doing well. the owner is top notch and always is super friendly.

The cook at the kings head, last I checked, is a trinadadian guy (one of his cousins used to be married to my friend) so ummm we’re supporting someone good. And anyways, we got time for other places too like Cilantros on Gateway which is easily the best Indian food in the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"It's great, I have fun there" yeah, we get that- the frivolity is the point of why it doesn't need more money than they asked for vs any number of actual charitable causes in the city. A bar can close and old owners can open a new one, chefs can go anywhere, literally everything about it is interchangeable and replaceable.