Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
For the people saying "Trump won't run because he doesn't want to put in the work", is working for Trump still a good line item for a GOP resume? Or will still be one in 2024? If he has enough people in his corner all he needs to do is show up to rallies and the occasional debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
both Abbott and Desantis are going to throw their hats in the ring so Abbott needs to catch up on the batshittery to stay in the news

the wildcard is still Nikki Haley, who (lmao) is apparently the only American Bibi is allowing to visit or some poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

both Abbott and Desantis are going to throw their hats in the ring so Abbott needs to catch up on the batshittery to stay in the news

the wildcard is still Nikki Haley, who (lmao) is apparently the only American Bibi is allowing to visit or some poo poo

the race for Trump's VP is pretty critical. If Trump isn't too melty, he'll win. Joe Biden is a disaster.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Nonsense posted:

the race for Trump's VP is pretty critical. If Trump isn't too melty, he'll win. Joe Biden is a disaster.

Joe Biden sucks but his approval rating is higher than Trump's ever was.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nonsense posted:

If Trump isn't too melty

lmao

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Yeah most of the country doesnt see biden as a disaster. Most of the country isnt even paying attention. Vaccines are out and people are going outside again. ty prez biden for operation warp speed

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

C-Euro posted:

For the people saying "Trump won't run because he doesn't want to put in the work", is working for Trump still a good line item for a GOP resume? Or will still be one in 2024? If he has enough people in his corner all he needs to do is show up to rallies and the occasional debate.

so far it seems like there's lots of people who'll gladly join the campaign once it starts but nobody who's willing to spearhead it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden saved the republic, but the american voter is republican full stop.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The fed is raising interest rates in 2023. Hope people still love ol' Joe after another recession begins

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nonsense posted:

The fed is raising interest rates in 2023. Hope people still love ol' Joe after another recession begins
hate to spoiler such exciting things... but.... well.. take a seat because this is going to be a doozy

they arent going to raise rates lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I would say that no one in the GOP is going to vote for a dude in a wheelchair, but they won't shut up about how our special boy is the biggest, most vibrant, and strongest president ever so I'm sure they can come up with a tough guy narrative for the dude who can't walk.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Abbot/Cawthorn 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCSKEM4-sO0

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

He also just invited trump to tour the border, so maybe

imo more likely he's angling to be trump's vp pick

if trump doesn't run and the primary is actually open then abbott would be bigly overshadowed by desantis, who is much more trumpy in temperament

cumshitter posted:

huh. i learned something. although this seems more like a minor distinction in that the brokerage/custodian is listed as the owner in so far as how securities issuers determine who interest and diviends are paid to (and then further divvied between accounts by the custodian) and settling trades, as the account holder still has ownership and control over them

to clarify, this is something i struggle to explain in a simple way to crypto holders. crypto holders themselves do not "own" crypto in the same way that you can show ownership of a stock, bond, etc. you have access to it, which is a minor distinction from ownership, but since you cant reverse trades in the event of fraud that ownership is limited. like, if some idiot at Scottrade decided to transfer all of my stocks to their own account i can demonstrate ownership and fraud and have them returned to me, unlike irreversible crypto transactions

the fact that a blockchain transaction is irreversible by a court or other regulator is a big part of crypto's appeal

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

barring a fresh covid-scale disaster biden probably beats trump in a 2024 rematch under 2020 rules which is why the republicans have made their top priority changing the rules to rig the election in arizona, georgia, etc. in the 2024 election arizona, georgia, and wisconsin will probably be awarded to the republicans by default.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

the fact that a blockchain transaction is irreversible by a court or other regulator is a big part of crypto's appeal

for sure, but for people ive talked to who are getting into it now ive noticed they care less about the technology and more about its market value. ive talked to people who genuinely believe the hype that it will be held at brokerages or even regular banks when the only way for that to happen is for the brokerage to assume control of the wallets and the security. which i cant imagine them doing without significant risk and insurance premiums not associated with holding bonds, stocks, etc.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cumshitter posted:

for sure, but for people ive talked to who are getting into it now ive noticed they care less about the technology and more about its market value. ive talked to people who genuinely believe the hype that it will be held at brokerages or even regular banks when the only way for that to happen is for the brokerage to assume control of the wallets and the security. which i cant imagine them doing without significant risk and insurance premiums not associated with holding bonds, stocks, etc.

well that's what robinhood is doing. and the etfs GBTC and BTCC.

e:oh yeah and paypal

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 05:14 on Jun 25, 2021

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

So im hearing a lot of rumbling that everyone's favorite cincinnati suburbanite ivy league graduate son of the soil J.D. Vance is gonna go Portman's old senate seat in 2022. wonder if he can make it through the primary, he seems like he's got the ethos that the rich suburbanites in cleveland and columbus love which could be enough to overcome regional animosity. but he also has no institutional support which is important in a machine state like ohio

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

So im hearing a lot of rumbling that everyone's favorite cincinnati suburbanite ivy league graduate son of the soil J.D. Vance is gonna go Portman's old senate seat in 2022. wonder if he can make it through the primary, he seems like he's got the ethos that the rich suburbanites in cleveland and columbus love which could be enough to overcome regional animosity. but he also has no institutional support which is important in a machine state like ohio

can somebody please just shove this guy in a locker, I'm so loving tired of his dumb rear end already

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

he's getting absolutely shithoused lol, polling at like 6%

moron should've run center right, it probably still has enough of a base in Ohio and he had huge name recognition from being the only "acceptable" refugee from the lumpen regions in the eyes of the suburbanites thanks to his terrible book.

Instead he is trying to go full culture war chud and thus losing the """moderates""" and since he doesn't really understand where he came from except as some sort of grotesque pantomime he's losing the lunatics to other, better lunatics

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

he's losing the lunatics to other, better lunatics

:hmmyes: This is the way.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my mom who grew up in Pike county OH gave me that book a few years ago and I've been reluctant to open it. it's going in the trash now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Save yourself the time and listen to one of the takedowns imho, I think the trillbillies did a good one

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I really want 2023 to get here already so Donny can return already, I want to see him sweep the field, and anoint his VP in likely the most unique fashion in history.

More soon, I just really want JD Vance to eat complete and total poo poo. What a loser piece of poo poo for his observations tweet after Chauvin's sentencing.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

well that's what robinhood is doing. and the etfs GBTC and BTCC.

e:oh yeah and paypal

i really would not hold up robinhood as an example of a brokerage your average person wants to deal with when it comes to important poo poo. theyre the same people who hosed up their margin lending so bad that a guy leveraged $75,000 out of $2,000

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Nonsense posted:

I really want 2023 to get here already so Donny can return already, I want to see him sweep the field, and anoint his VP in likely the most unique fashion in history.

More soon, I just really want JD Vance to eat complete and total poo poo. What a loser piece of poo poo for his observations tweet after Chauvin's sentencing.

Trump thread 2023 gonna be off the chain

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Save yourself the time and listen to one of the takedowns imho, I think the trillbillies did a good one

Separate ones for the book and the movie, then guested on Chapo for their mockery of the movie.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

The Nastier Nate posted:

Trump thread 2023 gonna be off the chain

I'm assuming tonight's ohio rally will basically be escalator day 2.0. He's going into full capaign/grift mode 40 months out from the election and it's going to be insane and I can't wait

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

I'm gonna livepost this rally. Mike Pillow just said "google and mark suckabuck"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thank you dog faced pony soldier

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
folkx,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l561c_BR-w

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ram dass in hell posted:

I'm gonna livepost this rally. Mike Pillow just said "google and mark suckabuck"

where do i go to stream this i have a feeling it's gonna be a good one also sorry if the stream was posted like 3 posts ago i don't read threads

edit lmao thanks^^^^

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

where do i go to stream this i have a feeling it's gonna be a good one also sorry if the stream was posted like 3 posts ago i don't read threads

edit lmao thanks^^^^

It's time to relive the greatest era in American history

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
mr pillow is gonna be vp lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's amazing to think that Mike Lindell has been screaming at people thinking he's live on camera ever since frank started

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Nonsense posted:

It's time to relive the greatest era in American history

We are but frozen in the amber of time's immortal and eternal now. It's never not been escalator day.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Korean Boomhauer posted:

mr pillow is gonna be vp lol

No, he's screaming coupon codes for pillow discounts now, he's just here for the grift

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Do chuds sit around in their recliner watching chud youtube television

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

Do chuds sit around in their recliner watching chud youtube television

no

some of them watch it on facebook on their phones while in bed now

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
this loving mytowel story is peak "i had an android and the apple people made fun of it BUT WHEN THEY SEEN ME UNFOLD IT THEY STOOD UP AND CLAPPED"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Korean Boomhauer posted:

this loving mytowel story is peak "i had an android and the apple people made fun of it BUT WHEN THEY SEEN ME UNFOLD IT THEY STOOD UP AND CLAPPED"