Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Baseball is insanely toxic as well. If you don't run the bases in properly after hitting a homer then you get a projectile thrown at your head at 100 mph during your next at bat.

I see the YouTube algorithm made you watch that video as well

Pitchers are little baby back weiners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I see the YouTube algorithm made you watch that video as well

Pitchers are little baby back weiners

I don't watch many YouTube videos, I've just watched sports my whole life and baseball's "unwritten rules" are incredibly stupid.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Well Tatis needs to stop disrespecting the game by swinging on 3-0

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I think models and miniatures are the bees' knees, but the cost of buy-in, the space requirements, and the permanent tremor I've had in my hands since my tweens means that's all stuff I'm sort of obliged to admire from afar. :smith:

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You could build bandai model kits. Its been a long time since I've looked at them but most are snap fit and color molded so no painting or glue unless you want to take the extra step. And since they're so easy to put together you don't really need a dedicated space for it.

All you'd need to start is a hobby knife, sprue cutters and maybe some sandpaper/popsicle sticks.

Maybe later get a cheap air brush, glue and some paints. An air brush would be much more forgiving of shaky hands.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Goon project to send our beloved shrimpmod a lovingly-painted army of 28mm napeoleonics

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shaky hands plus a hobby knife seems like a great way to annoint your kits in blood

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Shaky hands plus a hobby knife seems like a great way to annoint your kits in blood

Sometimes you run out of khorne red and have to make do.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ve built some Digimon model kits from Bandai and all I used was some nippers and tweezers to apply the stickers (this was a bit painful because my hands are similarly shaky)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They got Gundam models at Target now

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

It's a sacrifice for the plastic model gods.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Just buy snap-tite models and paint everything a uniform matte grey if you got shaky hands. You can tell everyone it's a model of a CGI model.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
"What color was the car, sir?"

"Primer."

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Robobot posted:

Just buy snap-tite models and paint everything a uniform matte grey if you got shaky hands. You can tell everyone it's a model of a CGI model.

You make good jokes but that's why I keep building C-130H models. I can do the fiddly assembly but painting is a gift and some of us do not have it. All you gotta do is paint them sad military greygreen and slap on some decals and it looks like you're a goddamn artist.

I suspect this is exactly why the real planes are painted that color.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
oh jesus wept this was a bunch of pages ago, disregard

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
To be fair I was only half joking. I was never good at painting models, but loved building them. That's why I started only building WW2 US Navy planes. Super easy to paint everything blue.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

oh jesus wept this was a bunch of pages ago, disregard

I just assumed you passed out choking on a hot dog again and posted when you came to.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Robobot posted:

To be fair I was only half joking. I was never good at painting models, but loved building them. That's why I started only building WW2 US Navy planes. Super easy to paint everything blue.

Which reminds me:

PHUO: Painting the miniatures for Warhammer 40K is more fun than the actual game that you play with them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Posting LotR memes in the meme thread should be probatable like posting anime anywhere, as apparently LotR meme posters are like anime posters in that if they're allowed free rein, they just toot out the absolute most banal poo poo 24/7 page after page after page, and there's a literally endless supply (for some god drat reason - I get there's an endless supply of anime as it's a commercial product and perverts pay for it, but LotR memes?)

The only reason I can't say the worst Minions meme isn't better than the best Lord of the Rings meme is the fact that there's about a 100% chance that they're literally literally the same. That is, the worst Minions meme is the best Lord of the Rings meme.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 01:12 on Jun 17, 2021

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Posting LotR memes in the meme thread should be probatable like posting anime anywhere, as apparently LotR meme posters are like anime posters in that if they're allowed free rein, they just toot out the absolute most banal poo poo 24/7 page after page after page, and there's a literally endless supply (for some god drat reason - I get there's an endless supply of anime as it's a commercial product and perverts pay for it, but LotR memes?)

The only reason I can't say the worst Minions meme isn't better than the best Lord of the Rings meme is the fact that there's about a 100% chance that they're literally literally the same. That is, the worst Minions meme is the best Lord of the Rings meme.

Same, except star trek memes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Same, except star trek memes.

I can't believe I'm saying this but at least Star Trek has some not-lethally-boring bits and/or characters one theoretically could make funny or at least mildly amusing memes about. I think I chuckled at a Star Trek meme last year.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

That one kind of star trek meme where someone actually took the time to lay out a six panel comic using stills from the show but fanfic'd the characters saying embarrassing sitcom one liners

That is the worst

I can feel the stained-shirt, balding fifty-year-old energy radiating from them

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't get Star Trek or why people like it. There's like a million episodes and series, half it is terrible apparently. And every time I see someone bring it up it's some dumb bullshit about Greek Gods being real, The crew going back in time to San Fransisco, or spacewales

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
DS9 was occasionally OK when it wasn't up its own rear end with baseball etc, but it all pales in comparison to Stargate SG-1, the superior series where mythical Gods were actually real and they time travel to egypt instead of san francisco. At least they have a realistic take on how humans would interact with aliens (mess all their poo poo up and then ineptly try to fix it vs the smug "don't interfere we can't help" star trek thing).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s called the Prime Directive dumbass

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

oldpainless posted:

It’s called the Prime Directive dumbass

More like oldprohibitsStarfleetpersonnelandspacecraftfrominterferinginthenormaldevelopmentofanysocietyandmandatesthatanyStarfleetvesselorcrewmemberisexpendabletopreventviolationofthatruleless.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Star Trek is a wonderful way to watch seriously good actors go full ham. It's absolutely amazing to watch extremely serious actors chew the scenery like it's a fine beef jerky.

I never understand the story lines or know who anyone is, but I really can't think of another show that's more interesting to watch for the acting.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

When Star Trek was at its very best, it managed to be, on average, about one-third great, one-third meh, and one-third garbage. (It has not managed to reach this ratio for some time.)

I say this as a Starfleet-uniform-owning lifelong Trekkie.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Powered Descent posted:

It's really sad when people try and become a mod by slipping their qualifications in to random posts.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

fizzymercury posted:

Star Trek is a wonderful way to watch seriously good actors go full ham. It's absolutely amazing to watch extremely serious actors chew the scenery like it's a fine beef jerky.

I never understand the story lines or know who anyone is, but I really can't think of another show that's more interesting to watch for the acting.

I watched Farscape for the first time a couple years ago, and enjoyed the constant cameos of B-grade Australian actors. It may have been lost on anyone unfamiliar with Australian film and soaps of the 90's though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah Star Trek with such luminaries of the stage and screen as Bill Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, and ???

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I dont mind star trek fans, in my experience they have kept to themselves.

Stargate and Battlestar Gallactica fans though, sheesh

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah Star Trek with such luminaries of the stage and screen as Bill Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, and ???

Patrick Stewart, one of the most famous Shakespearean actors of his generation?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lexx is good. If you haven't seen it, it's like what if Doctor Who was good and it wasn't embarassing to be an adult who watched it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A feel a large amount of secondhand embarrassment whenever I see an adult who watches dr.who.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Powered Descent posted:

When Star Trek was at its very best, it managed to be, on average, about one-third great, one-third meh, and one-third garbage. (It has not managed to reach this ratio for some time.)

The Lower Deck: Great
Discovery: Meh
Picard: Garbage

They're bang on target right now!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am thinking about getting a dude towed for leaving his car with a busted tire and rim parked in front of my building for like six months at this point

Like, I hate to do that, but little old ladies are having to walk across the parking lot in the heat and poo poo

Also I'd bet a dollar the dude did it hitting a curb driving drunk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Patrick Stewart, one of the most famous Shakespearean actors of his generation?

Patrick Stewart was not in the television series "Star Trek".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Patrick Stewart was not in the television series "Star Trek".

He absolutely was, he played The Captain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

hawowanlawow posted:

I am thinking about getting a dude towed for leaving his car with a busted tire and rim parked in front of my building for like six months at this point

Like, I hate to do that, but little old ladies are having to walk across the parking lot in the heat and poo poo

Also I'd bet a dollar the dude did it hitting a curb driving drunk

Don't feel bad. It's basically been abandoned. Feel even less bad because it's making life difficult for other people. gently caress that person.