Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Waterbed Wendy posted:

How many roses for but one kiss?

It was the hand holding that was pricey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Marsupial Ape posted:

Heather’s story of the first time she kissed a girl is incredibly more wholesome than the story of the first time I kissed a girl…which involves Craigslist.

Did you cum?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

A gentleman never divulges receipts.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

It was the hand holding that was pricey.

Seems like an easy day for a sw. Hope you had a nice time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/benpartridge/status/1392451362601021440
This is pretty funny, I don't know anything about the series hosting it but you don't need to, after a brief introduction it's just 25 minutes of Heather, Nick and Matt doing a bit.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://twitter.com/benpartridge/status/1392451362601021440
This is pretty funny, I don't know anything about the series hosting it but you don't need to, after a brief introduction it's just 25 minutes of Heather, Nick and Matt doing a bit.

lol that is extremely dark and just keeps going

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

eke out posted:

lol that is extremely dark and just keeps going
It's a character Nick is really made for

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Seems like an easy day for a sw. Hope you had a nice time.

Best 2.5 hours I ever spent in a La Quinta.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/thetomorrowwar/status/1396149099779424256?s=21

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

hmm real nub of a barrel on that thing

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That gun confuses me on a bunch of levels.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Future gun

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lmao at "there's no time to train"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm happy for mitch

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm happy for mitch

I hope this is a breakout role for him and his career skyrockets…but he never quits the podcasts the pod and awkwardly complains to Wiger about being famous.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

They really had to give him the smallest gun known to man huh.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

WEH posted:

lmao at "there's no time to train"

"You piece of poo poo! I knew you would bring this up! Look, I-I-I-I had the training in the calendar. My car - this is true, really - I went to leave to train this morning, and my car, it fuckin, it just completely stopped working! It's not my fault! You think I want the aliens to invade us, but it's not true! God drat it."

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tomorrow gun

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
https://twitter.com/realmessyboy/status/1396169113064681474?s=20

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
"The Tomorrow War" social media staff must be so goddam confused, right now.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I hope mitch punches a guy in that movie. I really want to see Mitch be a tough guy

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
IMDB trivia: Nick Wiger did the mocap for the alien Mike Mitchell punches.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Consummate Professional posted:

IMDB trivia: Nick Wiger did the mocap for the alien Mike Mitchell punches.

Bonus Trivia: Wiger wasn't wearing a mocap suit at the time. Also they weren't filming.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/baziziosupport/status/1398108410042667011?s=21

Mitch noooo

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Been listening to this podcast since like episode 20 or something. Random thoughts:
-I'm glad they have the new Simpsons writers/producers/whatevers on the show as guests, hearing them talk about it explains a lot about why modern day simpsons is so lovely.
-I'm glad they have started getting away from LA area specific chains, it felt too regionally focused.
-I think overall guest quality has improved in the past year or so. Around episode 100 they had some marginal guests that detracted from the show.
-Nick and his ongoing "I'm going to work at Costco" shtick is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever
-Yusong is better than the Drop King but Emma is better than either of them
-The Doubles have had this pattern of being extremely stupid in the first half and then redeem themselves by the end for almost two years
-I will continue to listen to this nonsense until they stop making it and I hope I can see them live eventually

EDIT: Guest version of Yusong as he has been on the show for the year and a half or so has been great though!

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 15, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Ardemia posted:

Been listening to this podcast since like episode 20 or something. Random thoughts:
-I'm glad they have the new Simpsons writers/producers/whatevers on the show as guests, hearing them talk about it explains a lot about why modern day simpsons is so lovely.
-I'm glad they have started getting away from LA area specific chains, it felt too regionally focused.
-I think overall guest quality has improved in the past year or so. Around episode 100 they had some marginal guests that detracted from the show.
-Nick and his ongoing "I'm going to work at Costco" shtick is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever
-Yusong is better than the Drop King but Emma is better than either of them
-The Doubles have had this pattern of being extremely stupid in the first half and then redeem themselves by the end for almost two years
-I will continue to listen to this nonsense until they stop making it and I hope I can see them live eventually

-Agreed on simpsons. It's interesting how they can have differing opinions on star wars that make for fun episodes, but as Matt Selman is a frequent guest and Mitch used to work there (and they got animated into the show) they aren't critical at all. Selman is an ok guest, but I wish they wouldn't act like he's producing a masterpiece.
-For sure, a bigger restaurant pool helps. Plus it's good they review non-food stuff like movies or shows as both hosts have expressed health concerns and if either had a bad health scare they'd likely stop.
-Yeah for sure on guests
-Hahaha yeah on Costco, Nick is not going to take a 90% pay cut to push shopping carts with teenagers at 10pm on a Saturday. I've worked for Costco and yes they treat employees well but it's still grinding retail work, you don't wander the store handing out free samples. First time he gets yelled at for forgetting to clock in or has to clean up an olive oil spill the magic is gone.
-I'd say Yusong and Emma are both a delight and mailbag episodes are great. Drop king is fine.
-Yeah I like the doubles gimmicks
-heck yeah

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i wonder if nick saw people talking about the costco thing because it seems like he's thankfully shut the gently caress up about it in the past couple months

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
The most generous read I have of it is that it's been a grass-is-greener thing for him and the treatment of "essential workers" during the pandemic gave him some perspective on the reality of the job.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It is also possible he got into costco, specifically, because of the benefits plan.

If he does truly get to the point where he wants to stop the entertainment business and retire early (I doubt it?), then health insurance is one of the biggest hurdles, even to those who stash money away.

Costco and Starbucks are popular options one can find on early retirement boards to get healthcare while working part time.

Yusong and Emma own, and I am glad that they can talk enough poo poo about Nick and Mitch that it doesn’t feel terrible when Nick or Mitch talk about firings or making work for Emma the way it definitely does on some other podcasts.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
it's also possible he's joking you morons

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Part joke, part "Guy who has worked in contact-to-contract in a notoriously fickle industry for 15 years has some level of desire to be in a steady position, no matter how banal"

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

mennoknight posted:

it's also possible he's joking you morons

Usually jokes are funny, and not a tone deaf statement from the upper class romanticizing the labor of the lower classes, but point taken I guess

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

Part joke, part "Guy who has worked in contact-to-contract in a notoriously fickle industry for 15 years has some level of desire to be in a steady position, no matter how banal"

yea this is how I always took it, mostly joke with a touch of 'dude who's mainly worked in extremely fluid situations has a bit of a romanticized view of one of the 'better' options for accessible and steady employment.'

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Wiger has pretty much had three careers (game designer, comedy writer, podcaster) and it doesn't seem like he's particularly loved any of them. I think it's just him

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 16, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea that too, I think he's just kinda prone to romanticizing different things just for the sake of something being different, not exactly a rare thing. Like others said I'm sure he does genuinely know that 'eat fast food and talk about cum with your friend' is objectively a better job than 'carry bulk palettes of stock for twelve hours'.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I make very good money now doing a job that makes my brain hurt most of the day and leaves me absolutely emotionally drained. there are many many times I think to myself and have said to colleagues that I wished I was working at Starbucks again like I did to put myself through school. it was genuinely fun.

I'm not gonna do it because I know it's not a good idea, but it's fun to think about.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

-Agreed on simpsons. It's interesting how they can have differing opinions on star wars that make for fun episodes, but as Matt Selman is a frequent guest and Mitch used to work there (and they got animated into the show) they aren't critical at all. Selman is an ok guest, but I wish they wouldn't act like he's producing a masterpiece.

Selman is a good guest and seems like a nice guy irl. It made me feel really bad when i looked into his simpsons credits and found out he started in season 9 (the very first season of the shows downward slide). his very first episode is the one where marge and homer get into having sex in public: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Born_Kissers

Ardemia posted:

Usually jokes are funny, and not a tone deaf statement from the upper class romanticizing the labor of the lower classes, but point taken I guess

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

yea that too, I think he's just kinda prone to romanticizing different things just for the sake of something being different, not exactly a rare thing. Like others said I'm sure he does genuinely know that 'eat fast food and talk about cum with your friend' is objectively a better job than 'carry bulk palettes of stock for twelve hours'.

I feel like a lot of people don't get that a comedy podcast involves exaggerating aspects of yourself for entertainment purposes. "I fantasize about working a labor job but deep down I understand it's not realistic" makes for a less interesting conversation than Nick speaking wistfully about working at Costco while Mitch makes fun of him for it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

little munchkin posted:

Selman is a good guest and seems like a nice guy irl. It made me feel really bad when i looked into his simpsons credits and found out he started in season 9 (the very first season of the shows downward slide). his very first episode is the one where marge and homer get into having sex in public: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Born_Kissers

It's not like he's Ian Maxtone-Graham. Looking at his lineup, he wrote some of the better episodes of the Really Bad Years. Natural Born Kissers in particular has some great moments.

"When we got married, is this how you thought we'd be spending our Saturdays? Driving out to the boondocks to trade in a refrigerator motor?"
"Ehh, I never thought I'd live this long."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

little munchkin posted:

Yeah he's an fine guest, it's a minor quibble but I do wish they'd give him a little pushback for the show not being top quality. For as often as the Simpsons comes up as a subject and for our boys having quality taste, Simpsons gets a pass no matter how bad it gets. I know Mitch used to work there but he and Nick have zero issues making fun of previous gigs like UCB, game testing, or even Mitch making fun of Bezos before the Tomorrow War is released on Amazon Prime.

It seems like a larger issue of Simpsons creators refusing to tolerate even mild criticism of their lumbering billion dollar dinosaur. Like Yeardley Smith yelling at an AV club critic for giving an episode a bad review. https://twitter.com/dennisperkins5/status/1084824261347495937?lang=en