Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Make every user's ignore list visible on their profile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Make every user's ignore list visible on their profile

Actually "most users ignored" might be a funnier stat than "most ignored users"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

That's easy to get because I think there is a hard cap on that (50?)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Bismuth posted:

Actually "most users ignored" might be a funnier stat than "most ignored users"

May be misinformation due to goon telephone game but didn't someone break the forum database by writing a code that would ignore every single user

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Old Sleeveless posted:

May be misinformation due to goon telephone game but didn't someone break the forum database by writing a code that would ignore every single user

loving lol if you don't run script that anonymizes every user and post including your own Scanner Darkly style until you experience ego death

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That definitely happened. Is that where the load-bearing slur was?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bibliotechno Music posted:

That definitely happened. Is that where the load-bearing slur was?
LBS was Jeffo or Astral taking away randocode that ended up breaking poo poo. Iirc it wasn't front-facing to users.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The ignore list was a goon who read Coupons and ignored everyone who wasn't posting deals. I sort of doubt it was actually true though.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

loving lol if you don't run script that anonymizes every user and post including your own Scanner Darkly style until you experience ego death

Hell yeah

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FilthyImp posted:

LBS was Jeffo or Astral taking away randocode that ended up breaking poo poo. Iirc it wasn't front-facing to users.

Even more bizzare it was something that shouldn't matter. I *think* it was a code comment, which literally gets ignored by the compiler, tho it may have been a variable, which also should not be an issue if you do a global search and replace

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

the funniest arfjason trolling was the yospos cyberpunk names thread

DONALD PENTIUM

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

The ignore list was a goon who read Coupons and ignored everyone who wasn't posting deals. I sort of doubt it was actually true though.

the goon was Proudlegion

here’s a thread about it (archives). the formatting is all hosed up and I have no clue why, but at least the first page works OK

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

shelley posted:

the goon was Proudlegion

here’s a thread about it (archives). the formatting is all hosed up and I have no clue why, but at least the first page works OK

Tapping someone's profile button in that thread crashed Awful for me. What the gently caress.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

As I understand it, the ignore list thing was a mysql query that went out of control because of how amazingly horribly it was written. Combined with a change in behavior between mysql versions, it apparently caused mysql to crash. Having seen some, but not all, of the original ignore list queries, I would believe it.

RFC2324 posted:

Even more bizzare it was something that shouldn't matter. I *think* it was a code comment, which literally gets ignored by the compiler, tho it may have been a variable, which also should not be an issue if you do a global search and replace

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2861

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I clearly remember that removing the slur caused the forums to crash because ??? Which is why it was load bearing

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Ablative posted:

Tapping someone's profile button in that thread crashed Awful for me. What the gently caress.

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Donald pentium will never not be funny to me

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Same

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Oxxidation posted:

Richard Horvitz has a fair number of lines in the new Ratchet and Clank and he still belts them out like he did twenty years ago, the man must have tungsten vocal chords
He's also currently the voice of Moxxie, the best character in Helluva Boss

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

SpiritualDeath posted:

He's also currently the voice of Moxxie, the best character in Helluva Boss

Using pretty much his exact Zim voice at that

Or at least what my brain remembers as being the Zim voice it's been over a decade since I last watched it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://twitter.com/RichardHorvitz/status/1399452195263635457?s=20

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hattie Masters posted:

Using pretty much his exact Zim voice at that

Or at least what my brain remembers as being the Zim voice it's been over a decade since I last watched it

that's just his normal voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZkgEaHDrwY

though there's a neat part here about how he "primes" different characters in the recording booth. zim's got an upward inflection on his lines that most of horvitz's other characters don't

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

this one would benefit from knowing more about this subject :geno:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The only bitch on my ignore list is the voice in my head that's imploring me to cease posting.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Oxxidation posted:

that's just his normal voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZkgEaHDrwY

though there's a neat part here about how he "primes" different characters in the recording booth. zim's got an upward inflection on his lines that most of horvitz's other characters don't

Holy poo poo, he is hamming up his real voice far less than I assumed for the characters I watched.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've started watching Atrocity Guide, which is a channel that does deep dives on internet weirdos.

SA has popped up a couple times

Caro
Ulilila

Both times Vincent Van Goatse's posts were screenshotted.

The lowtax episode should be interesting.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Oxxidation posted:

Richard Horvitz has a fair number of lines in the new Ratchet and Clank and he still belts them out like he did twenty years ago, the man must have tungsten vocal chords

Billy West voiced Zim in the pilot and I think some of the early episodes, but Vasquez recast the role and Horvitz redid all of the dialogue.

I'd be curious to hear West's Zim

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've started watching Atrocity Guide, which is a channel that does deep dives on internet weirdos.

Caro
Ulilila

I think there’s a Cake Farts one out there too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I believe that WHANG! guy did it, yeah

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I want to watch a video on Cake Farts narrated by the Burger King Foot Lettuce guy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Caro
Ulilila

How is this the first I’ve heard of this channel? That is exactly my cup of tea.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

How is this the first I’ve heard of this channel? That is exactly my cup of tea.

You'd probably also enjoy WHANG!, Nexpo, and Barely Sociable, too

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I have seen a couple by Barely Sociable, and it mostly seemed to be him reading reddit threads over a looping background.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
There are one or two Down the Rabbit Hole videos that quote SA posts too.

The one on Terry A Davis and TempleOS specifically includes the quote "Your Operating System is a Piece of poo poo"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Good ol' Terry, thought of God and walked into a train.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Empty Sandwich posted:

Billy West voiced Zim in the pilot and I think some of the early episodes, but Vasquez recast the role and Horvitz redid all of the dialogue.

I'd be curious to hear West's Zim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1KcpRIH9U

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII
Now that a lot of pics are back the HSS on Zoowick is readable - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2520403&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

huh, that's weird, this guy's probed for HOW long? and he just posted on this same page? better check his rap sheet and see what he did...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scarodactyl posted:

I have seen a couple by Barely Sociable, and it mostly seemed to be him reading reddit threads over a looping background.

his videos about darkweb marketplaces like Silk Road and Dream and scams like Besa Mafia are good

or the ones about Mortis and Markovian Parallax Denigrate